Subject: "Shrine whereabouts " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4501
Show all folders

ThofMon 23-Nov-15 11:19 PM
Member since 22nd Nov 2015
12 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4501, "Shrine whereabouts "
Edited on Mon 23-Nov-15 11:20 PM

"The shrine of Jormyr can be found along the edges of an unending blizzard."

Can anybody help a little more then the helpfile ?

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Thats something you will need to find out IC, Destuvius, 23-Nov-15 11:22 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC, Thof, 24-Nov-15 12:10 AM, #2
          Reply The maps are there for Newbies., Onewingedangel, 24-Nov-15 01:51 AM, #3
          Reply I don't know but that clue gives me a strong idea, incognito, 24-Nov-15 03:46 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC, Jormyr, 24-Nov-15 05:27 AM, #5
          Reply RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC, Isildur, 06-Dec-15 06:16 PM, #6
               Reply I think that what many people overlook, Kstatida, 07-Dec-15 05:58 AM, #7

DestuviusMon 23-Nov-15 11:22 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4502, "Thats something you will need to find out IC"
In response to Reply #0

Also, a lot of immortals are still willing to do some interaction even if you cannot find their shrine... They will probably just ask you to find it with a little better hint while they are talking to you.

ThofTue 24-Nov-15 12:10 AM
Member since 22nd Nov 2015
12 posts
#4503, "RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC"
In response to Reply #1

Figured every old player probably already knows.. Can't see them asking around IC if they created a new char.

Also there's maps of all the cities all over the wiki.. My character didn't need to find out where the butchers shop in galadon was ICly. Thus figured it would be okay to ask.

OnewingedangelTue 24-Nov-15 01:51 AM
Member since 22nd Jul 2009
447 posts
#4504, "The maps are there for Newbies."
In response to Reply #2

That said, alot of things you are expected to find out IC. It adds the joy of Discovery. Area Explores, you won't find maps for those. Things like shrines are meant to make you think. Think of it as a sort of test, in that finding the shrine is the first step in developing your character.

incognitoTue 24-Nov-15 03:46 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4505, "I don't know but that clue gives me a strong idea"
In response to Reply #2

Which I would find a way to share if asked ic, even if you were an enemy.

JormyrTue 24-Nov-15 05:27 AM
Member since 31st Dec 2014
417 posts
#4506, "RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC"
In response to Reply #2

Keep in mind, Jormyr's only been around for less than a year, which means even old players had to figure it out recently as well.

As Destuvius referred to, I'm typically pretty willing to work with players with SOME form of interaction and guidance. I'm not going to expect players to know where the shrine is inherently, though I do expect a character to pray from somewhere appropriate. Hint: Jormyr's also a God of the Frost Giants.

IsildurSun 06-Dec-15 06:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
#4511, "RE: Thats something you will need to find out IC"
In response to Reply #2

He is a relatively new imm, so there are probably lots of vets that don't know where it is. I was one until fairly recently. I will say that it was slightly more difficult to find than I expected it to be, given the hint in his help file.

KstatidaMon 07-Dec-15 05:56 AM
Member since 12th Feb 2015
2214 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4512, "I think that what many people overlook"
In response to Reply #6
Edited on Mon 07-Dec-15 05:58 AM

is that it is not necessarily a shrine where you should pray. But it should be an appropriate place, matching the religion. Finding such an appropriate place should be easier, and it shows a player understands the nature of immortal (or does not understand).

This approach also gives you freedom in order to tailor the praying place to particular request you have for immortal. Which gives more flavour to immteraction.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4501 Previous topic | Next topic