Subject: "Exploration experience" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4497
Show all folders

JaegendarSat 07-Nov-15 09:56 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4497, "Exploration experience"

What should I be doing to maximize the exploration experience that I can get?.

After reading a bunch of posts and going on a trip at the dream (for example) and getting a bunch of observation but little exploration. I became a scaredy cat for exploring around thinking that I messed it up.

So what I've tried lately with a bunch of my newbies is try to not visit any area if its suggested level is not within mine.

So basically before, whenever I rolled something I would go to morton, wood elves and dark guards to see if I could find stuff lying around. But I don't know if by going there as soon as I could to look for stuff I am destroying future posibilities of getting explore exp in those areas.

Am I overreacting?, or should I just move into areas that are within my level so I don't shoot myself in the foot, as I am dong now?

I looked for posts about this on both forums and reading the helpfiles but I didn't quite get what I should be doing or what is going on in my case.

-Jae

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

incognitoMon 09-Nov-15 03:38 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4499, "Exploration exp will not be lost just because"
In response to Reply #0

You reached the point too early.

You can only make it unavailable by leaving it until your rank is too high.

However, there is so much available that if I was you, I wouldn't worry about this.

If you actually do explore without trying to find ways into super high level areas while you are low level, you'll be fine.

RaltevioMon 09-Nov-15 03:22 AM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4498, "Honestly.."
In response to Reply #0

The best advice I can give is try to explore areas at the lower end of the level range listed in the area list.

Other than that: Don't worry too much about explore Xp? When gathering edge points > playing a fun/interesting character, you're getting hung up on things which should be secondary to the primary focus of CF (ie: having fun.)

JaegendarMon 09-Nov-15 04:55 PM
Member since 30th May 2014
136 posts
#4500, "RE: Honestly.."
In response to Reply #1

Thank you for both commentaries, I will use the suggested approach.

On a side note, I would like to say a few things about the kobold warrens.

I had "whined"posted a couple of frustrated bug forum posts about the warrens and the exploration points.

I would like to apologize about them. The situation with the key is still weird but whatever. What I am trying to say is that when I first cameback and went into the warrens I said ohh!, look they changed the layout a bit. And continued on my merry way....

three/four newbie characters after...oh look!, I didn't know that was there, cool, its bigger than I thought...

Fifth/sixth newbie ...Oh my god!, there is an entrance over here!, and ohh look there is another secret passage, omg!, check that room with cool mobs and stuff!.

I went from thinking it was the same warrens but with different descs to seeing this huge massive and intricate area.

I am blown away, amazing work to whoever redid it. And Yes I finally found the exploration points that Umi mentioned, and I am sure I am still missing a bunch of other secrets.

-Jae

SarienThu 21-Jan-16 03:55 PM
Member since 14th Feb 2009
740 posts
#4519, "This is subjective."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Thu 21-Jan-16 04:18 PM

If you are like me, one of the main draws to playing an RPG besides RP is in fact: character development. I love character development and I am the guy who will hit all the edge point stuff up, and I do enjoy it very thoroughly. So to imply that I am "having less fun" by maximizing edge points is "Like, your opinion, man.".

And, I think that this is why you see such backlash when the methods of obtaining edges continually get cut back. You are indeed removing things that people were having 'fun' with.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4497 Previous topic | Next topic