Subject: "xp loss" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4490
Show all folders

zangFri 06-Nov-15 02:41 AM
Member since 06th Nov 2015
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4490, "xp loss"

why do you lose your entire level? seriously.. this is hours of time wasted.. was just 33 92.25 pct to 34.. now i'm 113 pct away from that.. that's just too much.. can it please be toned down to something reasonable? like twenty-five percent.. not 100 + percent.. that's really outlandish.. and time wasteful..

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply It's so much better than it used to be. n/t, Homard, 06-Nov-15 12:12 PM, #3
Reply RE: xp loss, incognito, 06-Nov-15 06:02 AM, #2
Reply This is my experience., Raltevio, 06-Nov-15 03:29 PM, #4
Reply RE: xp loss, Destuvius, 06-Nov-15 04:02 AM, #
Reply RE: xp loss, Destuvius, 06-Nov-15 04:00 AM, #1
     Reply Experience tells me this person is new..., Tac, 06-Nov-15 04:40 PM, #5

HomardFri 06-Nov-15 12:12 PM
Member since 10th Apr 2010
959 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4494, "It's so much better than it used to be. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Dgfhhh

incognitoFri 06-Nov-15 06:02 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4493, "RE: xp loss"
In response to Reply #0

The secret is to not push too close to the wire when near your next rank. It is really common for people to take more risks when they are close to a new rank, so you need to discipline yourself.

Generally though, I wouldn't worry about an exp hole. They always seem harder to overcome than they actually are. If you get a good group it'll only take about 20mins to an hour to get out of that hole. As someone who mostly solo ranked a high xp build that is not suited to ranking, I had a few exp holes myself when close to advancing. It really isn't as big a set back as it seems. Worst case scenario is spending a while at your current rank. Is that really bad? Debatable.

RaltevioFri 06-Nov-15 03:28 PM
Member since 07th Jul 2015
134 posts
#4495, "This is my experience."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Fri 06-Nov-15 03:29 PM

There was a 12 month period where I was getting stuck around level 35 because I woul die serially at 2-1k tnl.

Have to try to remain prudent at all times and just keep plodding through it until you find a solid group.

DestuviusFri 06-Nov-15 04:00 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#4491, "RE: xp loss"
Edited on Fri 06-Nov-15 04:02 AM

Double post

DestuviusFri 06-Nov-15 04:00 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2013
1012 posts
#4492, "RE: xp loss"
In response to Reply #0

In times long past, you used to only lose a % of exp with each death. The trade off however was that you could keep losing and losing and losing so you could be a few hundred percent into the hole (needing over 100k exp to level when you started out only need 12k). Now, you lose a bit more but it is capped so even if you were to die again without gaining more exp, you wouldn't lose any more.

TacFri 06-Nov-15 04:39 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#4496, "Experience tells me this person is new..."
In response to Reply #1
Edited on Fri 06-Nov-15 04:40 PM

and doesn't care how hard is used to be any more than I care how my great-great-grandfather used to trudge to school uphill both ways and work from dawn til dusk and liked it.

I think there is a place for character that don't gain levels (on purpose), but for those that are trying to, this kind of punishment just isn't a part of games anymore. Even the "really hard" games of today don't really punish in the same way. You might lose some progress, but if it is more than an hour's worth, that is probably on you (for not saving or something).

That said, bring back XP loss for pk loss. And unlimited XP holes. And Empire donate gear for donations please. And retro-thieves that never rank past 35 and instakill with double backstab. Also Entropy, Masters, Knight, and Scion. Also globally applicable Enforcer powers (Tribbies are chumps).

I'm serious about at least half of those.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4490 Previous topic | Next topic