Subject: "New to CF. " Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4418
Show all folders

LrkWed 22-Apr-15 03:27 AM
Member since 22nd Apr 2015
1 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4418, "New to CF. "

Hello.

I have recently started playing CF and love the feel of the mud. I do feel lost when leaving the academy but I'll get used to that.

What I need help with is finding a fine leather boot for the leather quest I have played for 5 hours and still can't find it. I also found a room with an Oracle but could not see how to interact with her.

I also read that as an assassin I get new kicks once my last one is trained to 91% is that true?

how do I know what gear is good and is there anything out there with directions to leveling areas?

Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

MurphyWed 22-Apr-15 06:09 AM
Member since 30th Dec 2010
1639 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4419, "RE: New to CF. "
In response to Reply #0

Iirc, for the boots you need to help Pap the shopkeeper. See the notice near the entrance, and look for the fungus down in the dungeons.

The Oracle you don't need. She's there to help you acquire character flaws -- those are sometimes taken by experienced players for challenge.

Yes, as an assassin you'll learn a new kick once the last one is at 91%. It is a good idea to get them up as early as possible.

For leveling areas, try "help newbie3".
Also, see the wiki on Dioxide's (qhcf.net). There's a world map, gear and ranking area lists, among other useful info.

incognitoWed 22-Apr-15 07:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4420, "Re kicks"
In response to Reply #1

Assassin kicks come every 5 levels if I recall correctly so you need to have 91 percent or more in all the earlier kicks as well as sufficient level for the kick you want to learn.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4418 Previous topic | Next topic