Subject: "Haven't used this forum in a long time and need help wi..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4390
Show all folders

RogueFri 17-Oct-14 07:57 AM
Member since 24th Sep 2003
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4390, "Haven't used this forum in a long time and need help with settings."

If I list by all topics, it starts with posts from years ago and then so on.

How can I view topics by recent activity?

Thanks

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Just mark all as read and start from scratch. n/t, Lhydia, 17-Oct-14 11:35 AM, #2
Reply RE: Haven't used this forum in a long time and need hel..., Zephon, 17-Oct-14 11:22 AM, #1
     Reply I don't see that link anywhere., Rogue, 17-Oct-14 11:50 AM, #3
          Reply Linear Discussion Mode Disabled? It's not a clickable l..., Rogue, 17-Oct-14 02:22 PM, #4
               Reply RE: Linear Discussion Mode Disabled? It's not a clickab..., Straklaw, 18-Oct-14 12:32 AM, #5
                    Reply Bingo, thanks Straklaw!, Rogue, 18-Oct-14 06:57 AM, #6

LhydiaFri 17-Oct-14 11:35 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2379 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4392, "Just mark all as read and start from scratch. n/t"
In response to Reply #0

gr

ZephonFri 17-Oct-14 11:22 AM
Member since 21st Mar 2007
488 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#4391, "RE: Haven't used this forum in a long time and need hel..."
In response to Reply #0

You should be able to click on "Last updated date" at the top unless something really funky is going on. Maybe you accidentally sorted it by something other than date.

RogueFri 17-Oct-14 11:50 AM
718 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4393, "I don't see that link anywhere."
In response to Reply #1

I can mark posts, but it doesn't sort them. So if someone comments on a post two weeks old I have to scroll through a page or two to find it right now.

If I show posts from all dates, it shows the first post from years ago then so on. Not sure what I did but it sucks.

RogueFri 17-Oct-14 02:22 PM
718 posts
#4394, "Linear Discussion Mode Disabled? It's not a clickable l..."
In response to Reply #3

nt

StraklawSat 18-Oct-14 12:32 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2003
1014 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#4395, "RE: Linear Discussion Mode Disabled? It's not a clickab..."
In response to Reply #4

Near the top of any of the forum screens, you should have lines similar to the following.

Show all folders | Collapse topics | Linear discussion mode disabled | Subscribe to this forum | Listing all available topics

Topics in this discussion: Sorted by last modified date

ID Discussion topic Author Last updated date Views

(Messages from here down)

The above is copy/pasted from mine, which you see it says it's "Sorted by last modified date". The headings of ID, Discussion topic, Author, etc top the list of my messages, and if you click on any of those, the forum will attempt to sort by that. I've randomly clicked on "ID" or such before, and got totally lost. Last modified is about the best one I ever had.

RogueSat 18-Oct-14 06:57 AM
718 posts
#4396, "Bingo, thanks Straklaw!"
In response to Reply #5

I had to have randomly clicked something the other day, but this helped, thanks.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #4390 Previous topic | Next topic