Subject: "I was only gone for about two months." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #127
Show all folders

salitarThu 01-May-03 05:11 PM
Member since 01st May 2003
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#127, "I was only gone for about two months."

This is directed towards an Immortal. I was recently gone for about two months, to play in the desert. While gone I had someone log on for me, they logged on once and then the next time they went to log on it tried to have them create a new character. My question is, how much time can lapse between log ons' before you delete the character, and is there anything I can do to get the character back? I know it is probably a no on getting the character back but I had to ask.
The character's name was Forsin by the way.

Thank you for your help.
Salitar

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

nepentheThu 01-May-03 05:29 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#128, "Autodeletion"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Thu 01-May-03 05:33 PM

Characters that haven't been logged on for a month are automagically deleted by a pfile maintenance script. Once this occurs they cannot be recovered.

Correction: Very low level characters (10th and lower) may be deleted more quickly.

salitarThu 01-May-03 05:45 PM
Member since 01st May 2003
2 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#129, "RE: Autodeletion"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks,
That means I just sort of have to start agian. I had just gotten in a cabal with the character. And of I go to some damn foriegn country.

Guess It is back to the hitting the bricks then. thanks

ZepachuFri 02-May-03 02:46 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
223 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#132, "RE: Autodeletion"
In response to Reply #2

It probably did you a favor. After two months you would have been very "out of touch" with recent events, and other world/cabal issues. Chalk it up to experience.

It's also possible that your "friend" used your character to PK, get his jollies off, then just "delete delete"'d you.

That bastard.

Top General Discussions New Player Q&A Topic #127 Previous topic | Next topic