Subject: "Transformers...best movie of the summer? :)" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1134
Show all folders

MinyarFri 06-Jul-07 12:15 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1134, "Transformers...best movie of the summer? :)"

I thought it rocked, and didn't leave me really wanting anything. I thought it had a good amount of humor, action and what not. Plus, some good cheesy throw-ins for us "Transformers the Movie" and cartoon fans who grew up with the original. Ah well, I'm a dork, so post if you want to.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Huh., Twist, 09-Jul-07 04:28 PM, #3
Reply RE: Huh., Saith, 10-Jul-07 08:50 PM, #4
Reply RE: Huh., Gromkonk, 10-Jul-07 09:01 PM, #5
Reply Your coworkers are angry., Drama, 11-Jul-07 09:54 AM, #6
Reply A few points, the first bugging me the most., GinGa, 11-Jul-07 02:22 PM, #7
Reply RE: Transformers...best movie of the summer? :), Drama, 09-Jul-07 02:33 PM, #2
Reply Saw it yesterday, Zulghinlour, 06-Jul-07 12:22 PM, #1

TwistMon 09-Jul-07 04:28 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#1137, "Huh."
In response to Reply #0

I haven't seen it. I probably won't (too many movies, too little time). But this guy I work with was super-hyped to see it. Maybe his expectations were way too high? Here's his blog about it.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/blog/?w=expatriateact&e_id=2519/

Warning. If you enjoyed the movie, you'll no doubt be irked by this blog.

SaithTue 10-Jul-07 08:50 PM
Member since 28th Feb 2005
144 posts
#1138, "RE: Huh."
In response to Reply #3

I'd just like to take the time to ask you to go to that guy at work and kick him right sqaure in the nuts!

I wasted my precious time reading that piece of #### blog of his and I can honestly say he's a damn idiot.

Had he actually paid attention to the movie he was watching instead of TRYING to nit-pick(sp) it apart, he wouldn't have missed some of the things that caused him to bitch in the first place.

Lastly, he goes on about how there are too many story lines in the movie causing the "giant robots" to not get enough screen time... yet he later cries about how the main characters friend in the beginning of the movie is never seen or heard from again after the first 15 mins... Make up your damn mind you asshole!

I'm sorry Twist, but that co-worker of yours is a retard. He should be made to sit with his nose in the corner and think about what he's done!

"Then hunger proved more powerful than grief." - Count Ugolino and the Tower of Hunger

GromkonkTue 10-Jul-07 09:01 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2007
54 posts
#1140, "RE: Huh."
In response to Reply #4

Not only what you pointed out, but he also blames Michael Bay for things that are actually more accurately attributable to Spielberg. It was Spielberg who limited the budget to 150 million. Bumblebee being a Camaro was due, in large part, to this budget crunch and the special deal Bay got from GM in exchange for only using GM products. VW is not a GM product hence...no Bug. Bay does tend to have a #### editing style though. That's my biggest complaint. The fights would've been better had they not just been twisted metal. I could've used a little less robot wrestling and a little more robot boxing with parts flying off with each punch and uppercuts sending the victim through a building, etc.

DramaWed 11-Jul-07 09:52 AM
Member since 27th Aug 2006
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1142, "Your coworkers are angry."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 11-Jul-07 09:54 AM

Man, this guy was pissed about EVERYTHING. Must be a hostile work environment.

GinGaWed 11-Jul-07 02:12 PM
996 posts
#1143, "A few points, the first bugging me the most."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Wed 11-Jul-07 02:22 PM

The blond was clearly australian. Not British. If you can't tell the difference, go back to watching Frasier and believing that's convincingly foreign. I also hate people who comment on countries/cultures they've never visited let alone experienced. LEAVE THE DAMN COUNTRY, SEE THERE IS A DIFFERENT WORLD BEYOND IT YOU *%$&S!! But that's unrelated

Tell your friend that he needs to relax. He seems incredibly anal about details that don't have anything to do with whats important - It's the new Transformers movie. Not the Cartoon.

Trying to judge it as you would the cartoon is like going to see Bond and saying 'You know, we probably don't need these explosions and gunshots. They're anti-thesis to the spy-plot, seeing how he's meant to be undercover'. You don't do that. Because you aren't going for the plot. You're going for the Bond Moments and the awesome Action. We had just that - Transformer Moments, and awesome Action.

Anyone who didn't wibble (this is a word) when they heard Optimus Prime speaking over that score at the beginning shouldn't have watched the movie at all. Let alone commented on it.

Yhorian

Edit - I thought I'd add, much of what he accuses the Movie being guilty of, the Cartoon was also guilty of. Making many of his arguments pretty pointless. If he believes they didn't 'improve' upon it, then that's just bollox. It remained true to Transformers, thats why it kicked ass.

DramaMon 09-Jul-07 02:33 PM
Member since 27th Aug 2006
24 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#1136, "RE: Transformers...best movie of the summer? :)"
In response to Reply #0

I saw it twice (once for free) and I was equally satisfied each time. Each time Optimus comes on in the beginning narrative, I am 7 years old again.

ZulghinlourFri 06-Jul-07 12:22 PM
9792 posts
#1135, "Saw it yesterday"
In response to Reply #0

>I thought it rocked, and didn't leave me really wanting
>anything. I thought it had a good amount of humor, action and
>what not. Plus, some good cheesy throw-ins for us
>"Transformers the Movie" and cartoon fans who grew up with the
>original. Ah well, I'm a dork, so post if you want to.

Hit up an early showing, and it's the first time in a long time that I've walked out of a movie feeling like I spent my money well. If you were a fan of the cartoon, you'll like this.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Top Non-CF Discussion "What Does RL Stand For?" Topic #1134 Previous topic | Next topic