Subject: "(CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8737
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 26-Aug-02 11:18 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8737, "(CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"

Mon Aug 26 13:17:36 2002

6 o''clock AM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Frost Giant on the Theran calendar Amora perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCARAB, the Cult of the Scarab
Hours:319
PK Ratio:85% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Druids are overpowered, Grumpy Old Man (Guest), 04-Sep-02 07:09 AM, #46
Reply I think..., Jareiah (Guest), 04-Sep-02 08:56 AM, #47
Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, Zulghinlour, 04-Sep-02 10:12 AM, #48
Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, GOM (Guest), 04-Sep-02 12:58 PM, #52
     Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, Circuits Edge (Anonymous), 04-Sep-02 01:41 PM, #53
Reply RE: Druids are overpowered, Valguarnera, 04-Sep-02 11:37 AM, #49
     Reply Hrm., Delatanoris (Guest), 04-Sep-02 11:57 AM, #50
     Reply RE: Hrm., nepenthe, 04-Sep-02 12:13 PM, #51
          Reply Please dont listen to the hype., Blimbali (Guest), 07-Sep-02 12:03 PM, #58
     Reply Take a look at this fight then, Grumpy Old Man (Guest), 06-Sep-02 05:44 PM, #54
          Reply There are numerous comments I could make, nepenthe, 06-Sep-02 06:56 PM, #55
               Reply Well..., GOM (Guest), 06-Sep-02 07:06 PM, #56
                    Reply RE: Well..., nepenthe, 06-Sep-02 09:06 PM, #57
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, rezplayer, 03-Sep-02 02:23 PM, #45
Reply Feew, Gorach, 30-Aug-02 12:39 AM, #41
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Flephen (Guest), 28-Aug-02 08:21 AM, #38
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Dalewiki (Guest), 27-Aug-02 02:45 PM, #34
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Amora (Guest), 27-Aug-02 08:51 PM, #35
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, Dalewiki (Guest), 28-Aug-02 02:50 AM, #36
Reply Didnt know you long......., Korran, 27-Aug-02 02:41 AM, #29
Reply Woohoo!, Cyradia (Guest), 26-Aug-02 06:11 PM, #22
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the, ORB, 26-Aug-02 03:04 PM, #15
Reply "Why not another scarab...?", Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 03:31 PM, #16
     Reply You realize by the time your next char is rank 20, BANDWAGON :P (Guest), 26-Aug-02 04:36 PM, #19
Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 12:24 PM, #1
     Reply Just for the sake of contradiction..., Shaitarak, 26-Aug-02 01:18 PM, #2
     Reply RE: Just for the sake of contradiction..., Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:46 PM, #6
     Reply Oh man, Ulthur, 26-Aug-02 01:25 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Oh man, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:49 PM, #7
     Reply wow the horror machine is gone, Lydian (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:32 PM, #4
     Reply RE: wow the horror machine is gone, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 01:55 PM, #8
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Simyar, 26-Aug-02 01:40 PM, #5
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:00 PM, #9
     Reply Loved you OOC... Loved you IC...., Karhon (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:00 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Loved you OOC... Loved you IC...., Amora (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:06 PM, #11
     Reply Lacasia!?, Valarath n/t (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:28 PM, #12
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Nilushka (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:29 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Lardovian (Guest), 26-Aug-02 02:59 PM, #14
     Reply Nice job old girl....*grin*, Wasarbre (Guest), 26-Aug-02 03:37 PM, #17
     Reply Karkanen's secret, Abernyte, 26-Aug-02 03:57 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Gromez (Guest), 26-Aug-02 04:52 PM, #20
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Rocheval (Guest), 26-Aug-02 05:51 PM, #21
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Uulgraz (Guest), 26-Aug-02 06:42 PM, #23
     Reply Yowsers!, Ransleyr (Guest), 26-Aug-02 07:43 PM, #24
     Reply I waited.., Jareiah (Guest), 26-Aug-02 08:10 PM, #25
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Falkim (Guest), 26-Aug-02 09:16 PM, #26
     Reply A hearty salute..., Barilan (Guest), 26-Aug-02 10:53 PM, #27
     Reply Good job, killer, Gyasi (Guest), 27-Aug-02 01:16 AM, #28
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Spyko (Guest), 27-Aug-02 06:30 AM, #30
     Reply PS: I cant believe you were Lacasia! -nt-, Spyko (Guest), 27-Aug-02 06:35 AM, #31
     Reply Thanks, nepenthe, 27-Aug-02 06:36 AM, #32
     Reply A memory, Jaxar (Guest), 27-Aug-02 12:26 PM, #33
     Reply Well done, Thrakburzug, 28-Aug-02 07:51 AM, #37
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Racli, 28-Aug-02 11:32 AM, #39
     Reply Ta Ta, Blimbali (Guest), 29-Aug-02 05:17 PM, #40
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Alysrith, 30-Aug-02 05:02 PM, #42
     Reply RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of, Phoden (Guest), 31-Aug-02 10:27 AM, #43
     Reply So thats where you went..., Gunn (Guest), 01-Sep-02 08:06 AM, #44

Grumpy Old Man (Guest)Wed 04-Sep-02 07:09 AM

#8738, "Druids are overpowered"
In response to Reply #0

Amora is clearly a very skilled player, but an 85% pk ratio on any char that con died should be somewhat of a wakeup call to the imms. The fact of the matter is the damage reduction is just too great for druids. I just hope the immortals are re-evaltuating the skillset especially since there is such a flood of druids in Thera now.

-Not a Druid

P.S. Amora this is not a dis, merely the best place to raise the issue. Hope you don't take it personally.

Jareiah (Guest)Wed 04-Sep-02 08:56 AM

#8750, "I think..."
In response to Reply #46

That the lack of druids that really showed how it should be done made it so that no-one really knew how to fight a druid. Amora caught pretty much everyone by surprise, and that's why she did so well. Druids are pretty balanced in my opinion. The protective tweaks we got were just enough.

Jareiah

ZulghinlourWed 04-Sep-02 10:12 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8747, "RE: Druids are overpowered"
In response to Reply #46

>Amora is clearly a very skilled player, but an 85% pk ratio
>on any char that con died should be somewhat of a wakeup
>call to the imms.

Riiiight.

>The fact of the matter is the damage
>reduction is just too great for druids.

If you'd been paying attention to the bug board, you'd know this was already changed (even before Amora con-deathed)

>I just hope the
>immortals are re-evaltuating the skillset especially since
>there is such a flood of druids in Thera now.

Way ahead of you sport.

> -Not a Druid

But definitely killed by one.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

GOM (Guest)Wed 04-Sep-02 12:58 PM

#8748, "RE: Druids are overpowered"
In response to Reply #48

Alright, think this was maybe a bit harsh of a reply...was trying to give as meaningful criticism as possible. Yes, I know that the protections were tweaked and it's been my experience that even after this the protections are perhaps too strong for a class that can do damage that approaches a warrior's. And, no, I've never been killed by a druid so one thing I can say in their defense is that the lack of lagging skills makes up for their other powers somewhat. I actually travelled with Amora for many of her kills and this is perhaps what got me thinking on the subject. I don't wish to incur any backlash from the imms, just want to start a debate on the matter.

-GOM

Circuits Edge (inactive user)Wed 04-Sep-02 01:41 PM
Charter member
In response to Reply #52

Ok crackhead. Conjies can do damage that 'approaches' a warriors, necros too and oh hell, every other class. And every class can get close to, or better protections. And speaking of 'her' protections, the bulk of those came from outside sources, not druid protections.

ValguarneraWed 04-Sep-02 11:37 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8739, "RE: Druids are overpowered"
In response to Reply #46

Amora is clearly a very skilled player, but an 85% pk ratio on any char that con died should be somewhat of a wakeup call to the imms. The fact of the matter is the damage reduction is just too great for druids.

Just so you know, there are a number of players for whom every character maintains an 85% ratio, Con death or not. 5:1 or 6:1 requires a lot of skill, but it isn't insurmountable.

There was one bug in the protective herbs formula that occasionally peeked out, and was fixed as soon as it was reported. That bug was not why Amora killed all the people she did, however.

I just hope the immortals are re-evaluating the skillset especially since there is such a flood of druids in Thera now.
-Not a Druid

Flood of druids? Druids are still the least-played class. There's exactly 1 on right now, and that's about average from my experience.

We're keeping an eye, but it's tricky to generate meaningful conclusions when there are so few druids. Thus far, from watching fights, they look pretty good.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Delatanoris (Guest)Wed 04-Sep-02 11:57 AM

#8744, "Hrm."
In response to Reply #49

I don't think many will make it to hero range, but I doubt that one is average (maybe it is around your playing time).

I count Dharum, myself, Vihan, Jareieah(sp?), Blimbali, Legissal, Wiidilosem(sp?), Airael, and Llunara. Not a gargantuan amount, but definately significant compared to days of yore.

As far as druids being overpowered, at my weakest point I still had great assetts to call upon. I will resserve my opinion until I've played it through to 51.

nepentheWed 04-Sep-02 12:13 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8745, "RE: Hrm."
In response to Reply #50

Definitely, there are more druids today than six months ago. That's par for the course with anything that's seen recent changes.

That said, druids are still the least played class, and they will always have empowerment as a limiting factor. They're more versatile than ever and I like the way the class looks right now more than ever, but I think it's a bit early to panic.

Blimbali (Guest)Sat 07-Sep-02 12:03 PM

#8746, "Please dont listen to the hype."
In response to Reply #51

Yes, druids like any class are strong in the right hands but I dont think they are necessarily "overpowered". The rumors and misinformation IS however overpowered. The amount of misinformation out there about druids is absolutely staggering, mainly because of the lack of people who have had a high ranked druid, as well as the slight tweaks to the class that seem continual. Making knowing the class inside and out hard. I see slight tweaks you guys are doing every couple days or so. Changing the classes strengths away from moon phase to more herb based was nice, it put the power in the skill of the player and not in some moon phase code script. Putting Shadar, and Aridhol indoors (even the streets) was a paticularly painfull one for druids as far as heroing goes. Looks like I will hero spamming fireseeds (a level 18 commune) and cure crit after all. (yes there are a couple outdoor places but difficult to find a suitable party for). Anyway im off topic. I love the new changes and am having fun toying with them. I take A LOT of notes and will give my impression when I die of all changes I have played through.

Blimbali

Grumpy Old Man (Guest)Fri 06-Sep-02 05:44 PM

#8740, "Take a look at this fight then"
In response to Reply #49

Supposedly it's during a new moon too...

<497hp 822m 530mv 9696tnl wilderness outdoor>
Cantuk drives his axes into both sides of your body, stunning you.
Cantuk's brutal attack wounds you.
Cantuk's brutal attack hits you.
You yell 'Help! Cantuk is trying to hack me to pieces!'
Cantuk is in perfect health.

<468hp 822m 530mv 9696tnl wilderness outdoor>
Cantuk's slash hits you.
Cantuk's chop hits you.
Cantuk's slash hits you.
Cantuk's ring flares with a bright white light!
Cantuk's shocking grasp scratches you.
Your cleave wounds Cantuk.
Cantuk parries your cleave.
A wooden adder's poisonous bite decimates Cantuk!
The Treant's pound DISMEMBERS Cantuk!
You feel your emerald pendant warm slightly.
You feel better!
You feel your emerald pendant warm slightly.
You feel better!
Cantuk has some small but disgusting cuts.

<460hp 822m 530mv 9696tnl wilderness outdoor>
Cantuk's slash hits you.
Your shield blocks Cantuk's chop.
Cantuk's chop hits you.
The Treant's pound EVISCERATES Cantuk!
The Treant's pound DISMEMBERS Cantuk!
You have become better at axe!
Your cleave mauls Cantuk.
Cantuk is covered with bleeding wounds.

<438hp 822m 530mv 9676tnl wilderness outdoor> People near you:
(PK) Cantuk The large crossroads
(PK) Llunara The large crossroads

<438hp 822m 530mv 9676tnl wilderness outdoor> People near you:
(PK) Cantuk The large crossroads
(PK) Llunara The large crossroads

<438hp 822m 530mv 9676tnl wilderness outdoor> You can't concentrate enough.

<438hp 822m 530mv 9676tnl wilderness outdoor>
Cantuk's slash hits you.
Cantuk's chop hits you.
The Treant's pound EVISCERATES Cantuk!
A pair of flaming hands suddenly reaches out from the emerald pendant for Cantuk!
Your burning hands MASSACRES Cantuk!
Cantuk is gushing blood.

<419hp 822m 530mv 9676tnl wilderness outdoor> comm 'fire seeds'
You narrow your eyes and glare in Cantuk's direction.
You create some fire seeds and hurl them at Cantuk!
Your fire seed *** DEMOLISHES *** Cantuk!
Your fire seed *** DEMOLISHES *** Cantuk!
Cantuk is DEAD!!
You hear Cantuk's death cry.

nepentheFri 06-Sep-02 06:56 PM
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8741, "There are numerous comments I could make"
In response to Reply #54

Let me content myself with two of the most obvious:

1) What do you suppose those axes are made out of? What does that mean? Right.

2) As I believe the MOTD reported, new moon isn't the druid = suck moon anymore.

GOM (Guest)Fri 06-Sep-02 07:06 PM

#8742, "Well..."
In response to Reply #55

There aren't exactly a ton of bone axes lying around, and if the warrior had used another weapon it just means that he would have gotten hit by the fireseeds that much faster. Almost all races have vulnerabilities, but it is still possible to kill them without a vuln weapon. Nevertheless, I'm going to have to fight some druids with non-metal weapons to prove that it won't make a difference.

nepentheFri 06-Sep-02 09:06 PM
3430 posts
#8743, "RE: Well..."
In response to Reply #56

>There aren't exactly a ton of bone axes lying around,

There are a fair number of materials that aren't bone and aren't metal either.

> and if
>the warrior had used another weapon it just means that he
>would have gotten hit by the fireseeds that much faster.
>Almost all races have vulnerabilities, but it is still
>possible to kill them without a vuln weapon. Nevertheless,
>I'm going to have to fight some druids with non-metal
>weapons to prove that it won't make a difference.

Any one thing rarely makes the pivotal difference. A lost fight typically amounts to a hundred tiny mistakes and missed opportunities adding up.

As an axe warrior in that kind of fight, you can't afford to throw away that much of your damage and expect to kill the druid. You might, but you shouldn't expect it. That's the most glaring gearing error I can pick out from the log. There are two more that are obvious from the log. Beyond that, it's guesswork.

Obviously, there's a lot more to winning or losing the fight than gear mistakes, too.

rezplayerTue 03-Sep-02 02:23 PM
0 posts
#8751, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"
In response to Reply #0

Since I haven't had all that much time to play, I never actually had a fight with you...and I'm glad because I would have been mopped up rather quickly...but I got a kick out of following you around and watching...was fun to watch you hunt...would have been fun to see you with the mask...*L*

GorachFri 30-Aug-02 12:39 AM
0 posts
#8752, "Feew"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I must say I am not overly sad about your dying }> .. Everytime I was able to hunt you I did so, be it alone or with others (most of the times I was with others, because well .. it was very easy to raise a party to hunt you) .. I do recall killing you on my own in Galadon though .. anyways, I learned a lot of fighting Druids from you .. You seemed to be a very interesting character though, from what little interaction we had.. anyways, see you around.

Flephen (Guest)Wed 28-Aug-02 08:21 AM

#8753, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"
In response to Reply #0

as one of your earlier kills IC i really hated you,
and devoted my whole life to becoming powerful enough
to gain revenge, never did get another axe like the one i had either.
grrrrr.
it actually was sweet, i was talking to you assuming you'd act like most of the druids i knew, ya waited til i attacked a mob
having a pleasant conversation with me, then mercilesly slaughtered me
by the time i realized you were attacking me as well as the mob
i wa in the middle of something like <say so what do you have planned toda> rubbed the dirt out of my eyes (from mob) and gurk! flee, flee
no wait murder amora i was so spazzed all i got were several huh? huh?'s
then you'd better stand up first.. *grin*
i swore revenge but only felt safe when you were out of my pk range
hehe.
OOC the charcter was really well played and i'm impressed and sadly now that amora is gone the only character trait flephen has is an over whelming fear of ocean's (he was more scared of the sea than even you as his first umpteen deaths were out on the ocean.
when i saw you hit 51 i thought well that figures (it actually spurred me to get on more often. normally i don't have any realy hope
of getting a high char as the highest one i have ever had is 25
i go the way of con death early usually, and rarely delete a char.
so now that flephen's whole reason for breathing is gone got any suggestions? hehe i don't think anyone else has pk'd me either.
come to think on it, you were it.
(oops did i just draw fire with that comment?)
anyway luck to you in future incarnations you were very memorable and that's saying alot from my standpoint.

so as much as flephen hated ya he'll be kinda sad.

Dalewiki (Guest)Tue 27-Aug-02 02:45 PM

#8754, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"
In response to Reply #0

Take a break and just look at what happens. Bah... I loved Amora (ooc). Whether or not I was part of a gang, or coming at you solo, I knew you'd be up for a spat. Sorry about some of those gangs, whenever I'd start to hunt you I'd think of the "framing OJ" bit Dana Carvey does. As soon as I told someone I was going after you, three or four people would come at me with tells to join along, or I'd be on eastern and someone else would come along and join in (like Barpassr). Never seemed to bother you any which was a pleasant break from some of the people who think they have a god given right to be returned all their gear.

Just one question.... That last time you killed me - your link honestly go bad or did you clear a bit of lag?

Amora (Guest)Tue 27-Aug-02 08:51 PM

#8755, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"
In response to Reply #34

Here was the scenario on the link.

"There is Dalewiki on Daerion Road.....run east Amora....stop and wait for Dalewiki to get closer.

"Go into Tar Valon Amora....run to southeast bridge...stop wait...make sure Dalewiki can see you."

"Run to the lane. Stop...make sure Dalewiki is following and sees you."

"Run on eastern over near the sacred grove. Go north and south a few times so he knows which room you are likely exiting off of."

"Go north, put up briars. Run north a few so he has to enter in to check the area and just can't scan."

Here I think to myself..."hmm, the briars will be obvious...and you know he won't enter. Damn, I hopes he's courageous and does so...but he won't fall for it"

"What? I'm lagging?....moments pass....hope this clears...maybe its the mud? *Window Pops Up* "Your dialup networking has been disconnected from Fox Communications"

Oh damn....click reconnect....twiddle twiddle.....and now I think..."I really hope Dalewiki didn't fall for it and does *NOT* go through briars". Reconnect zmud....at 160 health....flee...herbs..run a few away....call hunt...and then the viscious battle in the void I wish you'd log."

I didn't understand why this upset you...as I was the one that nearly died to link loss.....I'm not that creative for baiting you into overconfidence..well...the leading...but not doing nothing till I am at 150 health

Dalewiki (Guest)Wed 28-Aug-02 02:50 AM

#8756, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"
In response to Reply #35

I have the log on a different PC. I'll post it after I read and clean it up. The reason it upset me, is I thought you might have reconnected on purpose to clear your command buffer and get in the flee instead of whatever else might have been in there.

KorranTue 27-Aug-02 02:41 AM
20 posts
#8757, "Didnt know you long......."
In response to Reply #0

Well as I havent been a hero long i am still getting used to things but the few times you were on I never really paid you much attention. That is until you got me on eastern, made me flee up into camelot where I ran scared with the hunt a treant and your birdie chasing me. Somehow I managed to flee along eastern blind into Galadon where I thought I was safe on the 10hp I had. From that day forth I was blooming scared of you. If I would see you I would usually either run like a wimp try to get ready for you coming for me or word the heck out of there.

Two things that did aid me in the few times we fought were having wrath and dwarf con. If it wasnt for these two I would have died so many many times. The only other fight I really remeber was when you were raiding the fortress. I came up to help Karhon and you seemed to have what you were doing all planned out even against 2. You would run get ready come in again fight abit run get ready come at us again. Man shame you con died. I would have loved to have fought you alot more. Even though I feared you really badly when I was alone I still really respected you IC as well as OOC, knowing you could kick my ass one on one.

Well good luck with your next char (as if youll need it ) and I hope you become as feared with your next as you did here.

Korran

Cyradia (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 06:11 PM

#8758, "Woohoo!"
In response to Reply #0

Totally enjoyed the run. Hope you had fun. You were a great sport...especially when I handed you a frickin' sword. *smack self*

Characters like Amora, Phinitz, Draktha, and my other obvious favorites...these are the characters I wait for. And they, ladies and gentlemen, are why I don't worry at all when the cult lays dormant for a few months.

ORBMon 26-Aug-02 03:04 PM
993 posts
#8759, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of the"
In response to Reply #0

*Sigh* Without fail a kick ass Scarab comes along and lasts for just a few heart beats. Well played, while I only interacted with you a few times with my current character, I always smiled when I saw you beat the hell out of 3 of 4 goodies. As for your next character, why not another Scarab? You seem to excel when the odds are against you, and no other cabal is a bigger underdog. I had my hopes up that with a kick ass scarab and Sacer back the cult was finally going to see another hayday. Well good luck with your next one, hope it's not a Rager.

That which does not kill us,
makes us stronger.

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 03:31 PM

#8760, ""Why not another scarab...?""
In response to Reply #15

Hmm,

I hadn't considered a scarab simply because I thought it was bad form to create another one after one con dying. I didn't wish to upset Cyradia. Not that it would be a druid or anything of that sort. Hmm, it is something to consider as I really don't like playing on the side that has the most numbers which is the light. Just not sure... just not sure yet.

BANDWAGON :P (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 04:36 PM

#8761, "You realize by the time your next char is rank 20"
In response to Reply #16

there will be hordes of darkies in the 40's soon to be heros.

just saying from my observation of switches over past 5 years I have watched.

heh, I fell for it thrice myself tho.

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 12:24 PM

#8762, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #0

Well.....it was extremely fun.

I hope most people only hated me ic and not ooc. If its any consolation...Amora died alone with just her faithful darkenwood treant as she lived most of her life.

Amora was the most work I ever put into a character, and it was extremely my best experience ever. For the first time I had went beyond a two paragraph role and my role actually ended up being about...15 pages. Conceptually, ooc wise, I wanted to play a druid that did two things. Demonstrated their power, as they were *extremely* underplayed..(when I started....only Dhaomael about..and rarely...and the other sylvan druid had just con died). And secondly...take note here...I had an extreme pet peave with druids: Coming from playing two former sylvan druids, and looking at all history of druids...with the exception of perhaps Beornin and a few scarabs...all druids might as well have been elves or running around with golden auras. This was also very true of the sylvan cabal. I wanted a druid that was not cookie cutter and countered this.

It turned out to be a great roleplaying experience. Much of Amora's earlier life was built around her love of the night and being born a dark sapling to counter the balance. This was as close as she came to promoting the balance. Also, she firmly believed that the sylvan mocked nature by proposing that any mere mortal could upset the balance. She believed that nature was *not* a fragile thing and should be feared at all times. To lock oneself behind shutters and doors was useless. The view on druids as elven stereotypes was really played out in her encounters. Her first 100 kills were a lot of paladins saying out loud instead of fighting, "Why are you attacking me as a druid? I'm a paladin". as they went down dying...or battleragers saying..."Why do you attack? I didn't kill any forest creatures".

My sphere was destruction. I was empowered by Cyradia and told that I was to weave a path of destruction or I would witness horrible and terrible things that I could not begin to imagine. (Yep, followers of Cyradia do not sleep well at night) This was also applied to clothing and I hated full looting as I didn't do it with other characters, and really hated it ooc wise. Later as a scarab, (and for the long persuit of before hand) this became especially important, as I thought to leave clothing was a sign of compassion.

I was extremely impressed with Cyradia as she made this my most memorable chracter. It had earlier been my intentions to go Scion. And I stayed true to this for a *LONG* time. Early in my life, Dullameh sent a scroll that no scions were to attack me. This made for a long long time of awesome politics and alliances. Eventually, I was turned evil, after much working towards this and had to sacrafice a few things. There is no advantage to an evil druid by the way, (ooc: though I didn't intend their to be). But so you know, you only do less damage to those of the light with protection, easily counters your own protection potions...and paladins can wrath you. I had actually thought I would never be able to fight paladins because of what I had seen of wrath as a scion warrior, but I underestimated druid powers.

Both Dullameh and Urden tried to induct me into Scion, but it would not let them, even though I was evil. An immortal had to do it. I spent the next 2 weeks trying to pray for such, as did Dullameh praying here and there. I made about 15 visits to Zulghinlours shrine, and prayed to Valguarnara about the same. Never got a single response. Now on a downside, this was my most discouraging immortal experience...but on an upside....they do an *awesome* job on programming projects and valguarnara was on vacation. I continued to roleplay amora and the timing of events became critical. Valguarnara returned from Vacation as he posted here on the forums. However, I spent the next 48 hours in reflection ic wise and decided based on a few experiences with Amora and how they affected her views and beliefs, to shift towards a student of the scarab. Despite Valguarnara returning, I decided to go for the Scarab though it was a longshot despite having more support for Scion. (And yes, sometimes I wonder how a scion druid would have been, but I owed a lot to Cyradia and was happy with my choice)

Oh wait, no...the following was my most discouraging moment. When Cyradia told me...that to join the Scarab...I had to slay Dullameh. Now you know dullameh I was not trying to be another random backstabber, there was a point. When asking Cyradia for advice, she told me....get a weapon..."Hold handle, point end lich". Well, it didn't work Though I felt a little jipped, I had you come to the Mists of Barovia, it was a maze, I waited to all the phylacteries fell, hunted you and attacked.....you were taking mangles/demolishes, but disappeared instantly with the soapstone. The immortals said this was perhaps not as it should be...and would speak to both the creators of the hunt and phylacteries...oh well chance blown.

The villagers were an interesting experience. I literally killed them over...about 100 times? This made a lot of sense when I sought scion and the fact battleragers didn't think druids should attack them or anyone of nature. With a few bad multiple cranial/pincer experiences...and karkanens undisclosed technique...I always had the upperhand usually. When I no longer sought scion, I incorporated into my search of truth the revelation that to kill battleragers when they were not the highest on the list of profane, was to kill out of habbit. And that I why the village and I made amends of sorts. Now here we have to give lots of praise to the immortals of the Village. Wow, I have never had a character have so much interaction with immortals not of your cabal/religion. Almost ten battleragers deleted after dying to me. The battle Gods would contact me and point out that I had demonstrated to them who was weak among them. A lot of villagers who stuck it out, were really shown to be stronger: hence the title I believe, Forger of the Untamed Soul. It was neat seeing that side of you Thror, though in hindsight...I was a druid with metal allergies in your forge It should be noted, I was actually changed from Hunted by the Village to Hunter of the Village...but then got the new title, which was spiffier anyways. PS: Thrak is an awesome God also...I had a lot of fun with the elf killing...was kinda funny...Paladins kept coming from everywhere to attack and you'd say...."That ain't no elf, You go kill elves" Once again, I think its really above the call of duty when an immortal does interaction *OUTSIDE* of the shrine and makes for awesome experiences.

Ooc Wise: I was kinda glad to stop fighting the village. I had just played two villagers who autodeleted and some of the first few slaughterings were former ic friends. Falkim, Shalven, etc. ACK: Raliyas though not of the village is high on this list. It also was going to the third generation of villagers to be slain next and was getting a bit rediculous.

Druids in general. Awesome, love them. This was my third druid. I found it ironic that the one scion invoker Margonus? something like that...was Palin and Zharradim....at that means I had fought him with all three druids at some point in different lives. I had really played the druid spectrum. The first time, we had bearform and birdform, but could change in combat and no herbs existed as a requirement. The second druid...they took away bearform and birdform to balance them. And this one was way better of course, mainly because of herbs. Though I found forms rarely to be used. There is a reason for this besides herbs running out. To use them was to often die easily.

Despite popular belief, I did not just spam sunray. Only in fights where it made sense. Which granted is a lot of fights. If you are fighting multiple targets, you often take out the less protected fastest with sunrays as oppose to moonbeaming everyone.

I entangled 15 people to death, had 12 die as a result of spores, killed 35 with fireseeds, etc. And here is a humerous statistic...about 10 people died to briartangle, no...not just the lag(that would be countless)...10 actually died to the little briartangle damage. And I also call lightninged to death about 15 people. And the fight with Dakizar.....we fought in the arena...which oddly was indoors...and I had no pets and couldn't sunray there. Another odd statistic...I survived 30 assassination attempts. Sorry Huraz, Shaitarak, and a few others.

The most challenging thing about Amora was the overwhelming odds. I was enemies at first with the village, sylvan, icy drake, maran/dawn, and warlocks. Later in life exchange the village for nexus/scion. It made for some really crazy scenarios. It was not unusual to have 3 or 4 groups of 4 for each of the above hunting me in ajacent areas at the same time. However, I was able to defeat groups of 4-6 into total slaying only 3 times with no one escaping...but beat that many into retreat about 25 times. Yet before you think druids are overpowered, check out some of the logs of me falling extremely hard.

My main cause for death were these: My love for adversity in fights and refusing to accept the situation of circumstances. There were times when the druid conditions were *NOT* right to fight...but I did so anyway...or just didn't distinguish the differences I would have or...refused to accept them. This is a lesson for any player on any class, but the pendelem swung a *lot* as a druid. I had the fastest turnover rate of equipment ever I think. I'm surprised at my 85% kill ratio. Considering I con died, and had about 5 extra con on top of the 20 I started with, thats more kills that I expected, but someone else can do the math and it matters little compared to everything else.

Geez guys, I just don't know what to play now after this character.
Suggestions please? (Considering a Battlerager with good roleplaying that can survive to age die *good luck there*)

My previous going backwards were starting with Amora: Amora, Lacasia(Scion), Tambra(Battlerager), Amarellis(Battlerager), Tiera(Sylvan Druid), Amarellis(Empire War Mistress), Crystanthia (Sylvan Druid, Captain)

PS: I have a *LOT* of goodbyes. Sadly I wish I had a name list as there are so many and I just need to remember all the names. And you are going to kill me....do you know that I had over 1,000 fights in this characters life, but didn't log one? You do now have permission to post them. Thanks for all the great experiences everyone. Thanks Cyradia.

ShaitarakMon 26-Aug-02 01:18 PM
0 posts
#8794, "Just for the sake of contradiction..."
In response to Reply #1

You weren't alone. After you flushed me out of the forest, I came back for more, and followed you to Udgaard. I going to throw in a trip or something so you'd die a better death, but I ran out of time. Sorry.

You were probably one of the most frustrating players for me... I'd wager I had you stalked at least fifteen times when you just vanished. Our fights didn't offer you much of a challenge, of course, so I always went for the assassinate. And failed. And failed. And failed again. Such is my life.

Anyway, I'm sorry I didn't offer you more of a challenge, but I enjoyed our five round scraps.

Shaitarak

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 01:46 PM

#8795, "RE: Just for the sake of contradiction..."
In response to Reply #2

Well played Shaitarak,

You did fall easier alone, but the fact that you were always about had one major affect....you always were influencing what I did. Leaving briars here and there, or having to go back and earthquake you out. So you did a good job making me always concerned about that assassinate. You also were always there to lend a hand to the lightwalkers hunting me, and one more hidden variable.

UlthurMon 26-Aug-02 01:25 PM
44 posts
#8792, "Oh man"
In response to Reply #1

The pendulum has swung so, so, far now. I've never in all my time playing CF seen (the hero range atleast) so completely lopsided to one alignment or another. Even when Scion was dominating not that long ago... there were still lots of goodies. They just usually lost their fights. Now there isn't anyone really. Urden isn't on all that much, and he must be getting old by now. There's a few other evil ones, but they're never around together, atleast. Maybe there's a few ranking up still...

You kicked some hard-core ass. I loved fighting you, but then again, Ulthur is uniquely suited to fighting classes like Amora's. It made Ulthur extremely angry, for multiple reasons that I wont get into here, that people would never hunt you alone. There was one day where I must have been asked by atleast three seperate groups of people to come hunt you with them. I don't want to delve into Ulthur's roleplay here, but we had some great one-on-one fights. I felt bad the one time I killed you with four others, on the Eastern road there. We thought you were north into the grove with all the other Scions waiting north of your briar, and we were prepping up just south, when you walked out and attacked us. I wish I'd fled, but the fight only lasted two or three rounds. You were the gutsiest character I've ever met, you could get beat down, then throw on some basic gear and be back with a vengeance.

Well done.

.ulthur

"Don't worry cutsy buttons. Tonight, dyin's not on the menu!"

- Strong Bad as Dangeresque

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 01:49 PM

#8793, "RE: Oh man"
In response to Reply #3

Well fought. I probably engaged you, lydian, and Wasarbre the most of any paladins...except Rocheval earlier in life. You did extremely well in most situations. It was also nice to have another character to fight where the fight lasted a while, paladins were very much the case in this. Your tactics were good and I respected your character a lot. Ic wise I shouldn't have cared, but ooc wise, it was nice that you weren't always bent on slaughtering me with the masses.

Lydian (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 01:32 PM

#8790, "wow the horror machine is gone"
In response to Reply #1

I tell you what, I enjoyed our fights even more than the lich. At least with you, I knew I "kind of" had a chance. I died twice to you from total lag outs, which really sucked, and was kind of discouraging. I had plans for the next time you broke open my guild, but then you stopped busting it open, and you stopped wielding weapons. (there went templars defense). I admit that I went after you several times with many people with me, but the one I'll remember most is me defending the fortress alone against you. We were all over the place, chasing back and forth, charging and retreating. I now know that the fortress is an outside area, and can have the hunt called on me in there. Because of you I have a much better handle on some of my powers, and understand their merits and limitations. Also that primordial vengeance wasn't too nasty, but damn it was annoying! Very very well played, and as opposed to what many people are saying, I got to see your tactical side.

Lydian

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 01:55 PM

#8791, "RE: wow the horror machine is gone"
In response to Reply #4

I had a lot of fun raiding the fortress. I could usually count on a defense of some sort there. Some times it went badly, but sometimes I was even able to slay large number of lightwalkers, such as warlocks, when they appeared one at a time to aid the fortress instead of coming together.

Thanks for the comment on tactics. A lot of people fell to sunrays, but any word happy mage knows I usually spored first. Many saw spores in raid defense, and countless battleragers/warriors saw spike growth/entangle and other things. And I couldn't resist the chance to primordial when I got it near the end when in forests. Basically, if it was a long fight forcasted...I'd use druid maledictions...if it was someone who would die shortly, no reason except to sunray.

The hunt was extremely fun and you did well. They changed many of the cabals in the last couple days to make them more "druid proof". Hehe...when I played a druid years back they changed it so we couldn't plant in cabals anymore, *mutter*. Well fought, I use to love the battles we'd have in the paladin guild. I didn't go in there for a long time as I thought the inner paladin would attack. Good work, you definately contributed to a few of my downfalls.

SimyarMon 26-Aug-02 01:40 PM
0 posts
#8788, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

Man did I look forward to our fights. I also dreaded them in some ways, but I loved the many times we fought. Once I heroed, I don't think you ever killed me again. You got me twice with the hunt, and that was a pain in the arse since it gives you a exp loss if you die to it. THe first time, I Didn't even know what had happened. Man, that was annoying. Oh well, you were a very dangerous foe. My favorite death of yours was when you came to the grove and told me to leave, but I had reinforcements waiting for you. YOu came and started to raid, then I called in the drakes. You went down fast to Gorach Wasarbre and me.

Yeah, I never gave you back anything if I didn't have to, and I understood you full looting me all the time. FUnny thing was, twice I found where you dropped my things and got it all back anyway.

good work,
Simyar D'Arelin

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 02:00 PM

#8789, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #5

I saw a *HUGE* difference in your character over the course of our fights. You were extremely easy to kill in your 40's and would usually die in a couple rounds. At hero...you were much harder to kill...it had to be better preparation also. Also, kudos to always popping out and attacking me in some very unlikely areas. I always thought arcanes should do more of that, but it seems many do not lately. My most annoying death was when I was fighting two scion invokers. Urden and....Marinas? Anyhow...I had just chased both of them off for the second time when you and alysrith attacked me in the desert....and I guess you had been hiding there sometime. Herbs had expired, my creature was gone, I got entwined, halted by you a little bit...and pretty much slowly slaughtered. Really frustrating death

Well done, as I think Arcanes are a really challenging class.

Karhon (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 02:00 PM

#8786, "Loved you OOC... Loved you IC...."
In response to Reply #1

Karhon wasn't supposed to fear you, but he sure did respect your power. I remember running at you countless times on the Eastern road, before you joined scarab, trying one new thing after the other, and getting pummeled each time. Then I remember running at you shortly after you joined scarab, and having nothing work, and just plain getting pummeled. Karhon hated Amora, because she represented the foulest of things in his eyes... Worse almost than a lich. But I loved you OOC. I loved the way you put your all into every fight, even when I suddenly was surrounded by friends, and you had no one but your pets. (BTW, that falcon is a mean mo fo) You died quite a bit, but obviously compensated for it, by the looks of your ratio. Surely, you will be one of my most memorable foes. A real scarab, in all aspects. I am probably reading too much into our relationship, since we only had a couple of conversations, but even if you didn't enjoy me, I enjoyed you.

Amora (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 02:06 PM

#8787, "RE: Loved you OOC... Loved you IC...."
In response to Reply #10

Thanks for the great comments. You did really well. I haven't played a shaman since empire, but if I'm not mistaken...they hinge a lot on how resistant the other class is to everything they can deal out. So a druid would be difficult, scarab especially. I often thought that the best way to kill me (besides rot at the end) would be to energy drain and plague after an herbal medicine. Druids can't do anything about the maladiction if they don't have 200 mana for a heroes feast that is rarely well practiced and can fail and herbs is already used. But I believe energy drain is one of the most difficult supplications to get off. Well fought and I could always count on you for a good fight. I really respected the characters who fought at all instead of pure running flight.

Valarath n/t (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 02:28 PM

#8785, "Lacasia!?"
In response to Reply #1

Damn, you kicked sooo much ass, it was not even funny. I always wondered what happened to Lacasia, Tambra, and Sofia. Still waiting on an answer about Sofia...

(didn't try to bug you as Valarath, was just happy.)

If you made a BattleRager, i bet you will get on Pillar.

Nilushka (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 02:29 PM

#8784, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

Heh. I don't suppose you remember that email where you told me how much fun you were having with your current character's role, and all I responded with was "You aren't Amora, are you?"

You didn't respond.

Either way, it was fun interacting with you when you were Tambra/Amarellis... alot less when I was Jhalintar and you were Amora. I didn't at all dislike you.. I understood you, oddly enough. It was annoying, definately, but bards weren't my style, anyway. Anyhow. Don't go battleragers... or atleast wait until the current 7 heroes who log on at the same time die off.

Nil.

Lardovian (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 02:59 PM

#8783, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

Now this was sad... Finally another feared Cultmember shows up, then dies away again. *sigh*

Ah well, I for one can say that nothing, absolutely nothing was more frustrating than an alligator that normally hits for Annihilates goes up against you, then does grazing wounds? Those few fights I just wanted to lie down and weep. But then, there were other fights as well.... and quite a lot of those. I do not know if you got to kill me but I am sure you did so....

Good luck on the next and all that. Hopefully we'll see another druid, we need more of them it seems. Keeps people on their toes.

Lardovian

Wasarbre (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 03:37 PM

#8782, "Nice job old girl....*grin*"
In response to Reply #1

Until you came along I had never once in 4 years of Cf fought a druid. I read the helpfiles, seen a few young ones, and thats it. Actually I think I was sunrayed once before....anyhow....back to you. I like the way you play, totally ballsy, always on the offensive. The times you died, I felt bad, and I think even sent you a tell about...'shitty odds there, but this is war.' Dying to 2 or three people is kinda crappy, but hell, most of the time, you would start it. I stated this before, but my best Amora memory was when I was near Tar Valon talking to a bunch of Dawnies. You called the hunt on me. I had no protections up, as I was sitting for so long talking. Anyhow, I thought you cant flee an area when a hunt was on you and had to fight it off. So I walked to the edge of the area, and back fighting off this bloody hunt. Died...and was told afterwards you just cant word or teleport...heh.

Up until I died that time, I was always wondering why everyone was so scared of you. I'd get a tell "Amora on woodland trail', and be like " Yeh, so....go kill her." The lag on briars was annoying.....You escaped me many times because of useless shieldbash...pathetic skill it is.

Good job. Now I want you to play a evil conjurer. I think you would do it justice.

Take care.

AbernyteMon 26-Aug-02 03:57 PM
975 posts
#8781, "Karkanen's secret"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for keeping it a secret. It was an enspired move which came to me in a flash after perfecting the skill used most in the small war. Was fun in some respects knowing I could do nowt to the communing classes except try to outdamage which with second attack was always tough. My worst moment with Karkanen was when you had a briar on eastern and I was getting to the cabal to go and quit when I get hit, flee, fled east, before I knew it, and boy you must have a good link, you were on me and I fled again, ugh west into briars, doomed. Lost a very sweet set with 3 mins to log of and no chance to reclothe heh. Well played, very Gung-ho.

-----Abernyte

Gromez (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 04:52 PM

#8780, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

I belive we started fighting when you said there was another that needed help and then wham you attacked that was in the mid 20's I think. After that it was an all out war. Was lots of fun I died a few times to you.. Do come back, make a dawn we will be the dawn death squad..heh peace.

Rocheval (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 05:51 PM

#8779, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

In many ways, I saw you as the complete antithesis of who Rocheval stood for. Rocheval was a lawful good, tribunal paladin, dedicated to the laws, society, and the light, drawing strength from order and the cities. You, were a mass murdering, evil druid, drawing power from nature. I can't say I liked the full looting that you did, especially on people who it was obvious you were killing easily, and full looting, destroying equipment is generally speaking a petty thing to do, especially so when the opponent is someone who is clearly being killed more often in the mud than he is killing. That left a bitter taste in my mouth with regard to how you were played.

Having said that, I admire the fact that you were relentless, taking on odds that were not in your favor, and generally seeming to be everywhere, ready to exploit a weakness or an opportunity. That, is not so much coolness toward Amora the character, but Amora's player. At some point of course it comes across as slightly psychotic, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say that you were just very driven.

Naturally, the fact that you were gutsy and obviously very skilled, goes without saying. I'd be curious to see what your next character will be, and whether it will be just as successful.

Uulgraz (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 06:42 PM

#8778, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

I knew it was near, and even so you wouldn't back off. Well played all the way around. Right after we first spoke some time ago I remember writing your name down with the note -druid, female, badass, great roleplay. I think most would agree with that brief assertation. I look about now at all the lil druids popping up everywhere and I can't help but think part of that was you. I hope with our next chars luck brings us to the same side or at least lets us become worthy enemies.

See ya in the fields,
Uulgraz

Ransleyr (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 07:43 PM

#8777, "Yowsers!"
In response to Reply #1

I had received requests from so many people wanting me to help kill you it was ridiculous.

I could see the point if you were a lich, one of them overpowered class that totally unbalance the rest of the classes, but a druid?

I had helped you with gear because I was secretly cheering you on, the underdog fighting stupid ridiculous odds, plus you had the galls and the balls to make most shamans and paladins blush. Not to say many a times sent a pack running missing their tails altogether.

Will sure miss interacting with you, gearing you up, and handing you countless gauntlets of death that you blew up.

I am not sure if I learned more about CF running with you, but you did a good job role playing an evil druid.

Good luck with your next char =)

Jareiah (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 08:10 PM

#8776, "I waited.."
In response to Reply #1

and ranked, and waited, and ranked, and waited.

I wanted to be your rival, the 'good' druid. The good witch against the the wicked witch of the west. I was the Druid that cared so much for all types of life, and you were the rogue shadow-druid that took it without a second thought.

It didn't end up that way, mostly because I can't play as much as I'd like to.. We fought several times, and we ended up tying. One for one. You got me once, with a lucky sunray, and I got you once... with a lucky sunray. All the spores thornhearts and spiky vines that we hit each other with was worth it, but I wanted more!

I didn't care if I died over and over to you, I wanted you to recognize me as a legitimate rival. I didn't care that you had Scarab powers and I had none. (Nexus Loner Druid = none, 99% of the time. But Druids function well enough without them.)

I hope you had fun, and I wish you well on your next character.

Jareiah

Falkim (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 09:16 PM

#8775, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

> Ooc Wise: I was kinda glad to stop fighting the
>village. I had just played two villagers who autodeleted
>and some of the first few slaughterings were former ic
>friends. Falkim, Shalven, etc. ACK: Raliyas though not of
>the village is high on this list. It also was going to the
>third generation of villagers to be slain next and was
>getting a bit rediculous.

Wow, I liked Tambra very much. Was definately pissed when you stopped showing up.. Didn't think you would actually remember me though.. Oh well! Sometimes you have to move on, I understand that.

>My previous going backwards were starting with Amora:
>Amora, Lacasia(Scion), Tambra(Battlerager),
>Amarellis(Battlerager), Tiera(Sylvan Druid),
>Amarellis(Empire War Mistress), Crystanthia (Sylvan Druid,
>Captain)

Tiera! I think Tiera was around with I had either Mirotrem or Vintak can't remember which one. How long ago was Tiera?

Gabe aka Falkim/Miro/Vintak

Barilan (Guest)Mon 26-Aug-02 10:53 PM

#8774, "A hearty salute..."
In response to Reply #1

Seriously, well done. Hats off to you. I was sure as ##### more careful whenever you were online, i dont think i ever sealed a kill on you solo. Then again, you never killed me Man I enjoyed fighting you. A real challenge, tough as nails every time, and always had me on the run on a full moon....man, the hunt is wicked. Hero ranks will definately be more boring without someone tough and competant to fight, you were definately the #1 person I thought would beat me down in a fight. Once again, well done, well done indeed. I would give you my ICQ#, but im waiting till im gone to post that under this name

Good luck on the next,
Barilan the Preacher of the Code

Gyasi (Guest)Tue 27-Aug-02 01:16 AM

#8773, "Good job, killer"
In response to Reply #1

Our fights were so freaking lopsided it makes me puke. My favorites: losing my resist a second before being led into a briar and dying in a round, and I think maybe the only time I faced you inside where you called the hunt when I was standing next to the D and ran in and out fire seeding me. It did not matter how many people I had on my side when we faced each other, I was always your first target...for good reason I guess but the first 10 or so times it really pissed me off. Oh yeah, the time I was standing on the east road at one end while you and Dullameh and Urden were at the other. A rough recollection:

Urden yells 'Help! Amora called the hunt on me!'
Dullameh yells 'Die Amora you sorceress dog!'
Gyasi: Either Amora just turned on the scions or this is a brilliant trap

Well played RPwise too, figured out after you really did turn on the scions you were going to be a scarab. You were a natural disaster personified... and I though to myself 'finally, this frosty bitch will camp her briar outside the fortress and leave the dwarf in peace.' This made me inordinately happy, and made my life a bit dull at the same time. See you in the fields

Spyko (Guest)Tue 27-Aug-02 06:30 AM

#8771, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

My current character has great respect for you IC and is sorry to see you go. But as Spyko I couldnt stand you! Im glad to be counted as one of the ones who managed to get you, you were very scary. At first I was like how is this one sole druid going to take on the Village by herself. But then you would kill like 3 or 4 of us and after that I figured out that you where one bad ass mutha shut yo mouth.

I was just going to say Amora.

Good work, hey, how about coming back as an orc, the class could use someone like you to make it more scary, maybe you can figure em out.

Spyko (Guest)Tue 27-Aug-02 06:35 AM

#8772, "PS: I cant believe you were Lacasia! -nt-"
In response to Reply #30

nt

nepentheTue 27-Aug-02 06:36 AM
3430 posts
#8770, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't get a chance to watch Amora much, largely because I just haven't been playing.

That said, thank you for succeeding where I failed. I tried two or three times early in the year to start a killing non-sylvan non-good-ish druid for much the same reasons you outlined, but due to my waning interest in CF I was never able to stick with it. I'm glad to see that someone finally got around to doing it right.

You must have been paying attention and improving all those times I was murdering or trying to murder Crystanthia and Tiera.

Well done, and here's hoping the next character inspires as much hatred and/or alters as many perceptions.

Jaxar (Guest)Tue 27-Aug-02 12:26 PM

#8769, "A memory"
In response to Reply #1

Damn I remembered traveling with Tiera before with Oarah back in the day. After Imnash gone, I no longer have 3 shamans ( Aerista(sp)storm dawnie,Khirvan arial maran,Imnash dwarf warder). I decided to take a break from cf then I went to Dio Pos. Play for a bit and fought you there with Moli. Back to cf, fought you with Jalou which I get a few questions on why I want to fight a druid on a full moon. Matter to me not the phase of the moon when I feel the urge I just do it. Nice fight though. See you in the field.

much love,

Jaxar

ThrakburzugWed 28-Aug-02 07:51 AM
83 posts
#8768, "Well done"
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed all my little interactions with you and thought about trying to drag you from the Cult to the land of the orcs, but that was not to be. What I liked the most about watching Amora is that she never once complained. It didn't matter if she got ganked by 6 people or if someone got a massively cheap kill on her, she took everything and kept swinging. Good luck with the next.

Shameless plug: we always need competent orcs.

RacliWed 28-Aug-02 11:32 AM
70 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#8767, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

For some reason I had the feeling you were Lacasia. Oh well... thanks for heroing me with her, and NO THANKS for killing me all those times. LoL hated you IC for that but OOC I respected you a lot. You played a Druid well. Best of Luck with your next

-the mouse

--SIG
Two wrongs dont make a right, but three rights make a left

Blimbali (Guest)Thu 29-Aug-02 05:17 PM

#8766, "Ta Ta"
In response to Reply #1

Well I kind of said some goodbyes on Dios to you but just wanted to say once more that I liked the char OOC but IC I hated your guts. I still want to see that role. You think you could email it? blimbali@yahoo.com

Im also happy to know that you arent just a full looting character but your god dictated it. I know how Cyradia can be.

AlysrithFri 30-Aug-02 05:02 PM
57 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#8765, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

Well played. I knew you were going to be a pain (IC) when I met you in your 30's. I had hoped to talk to you a bit more, I think it would have been interesting. Oh well. Post your role if you still have it? I'm sure it would be a good read.

Hope you have as much fun with your next,

Alysrith Eregale, Hunter of the K'sra, Warder Captain

>Well.....it was extremely fun.
>
> I hope most people only hated me ic and not ooc. If its
>any consolation...Amora died alone with just her faithful
>darkenwood treant as she lived most of her life.
>
> Amora was the most work I ever put into a character, and
>it was extremely my best experience ever. For the first
>time I had went beyond a two paragraph role and my role
>actually ended up being about...15 pages. Conceptually, ooc
>wise, I wanted to play a druid that did two things.
>Demonstrated their power, as they were *extremely*
>underplayed..(when I started....only Dhaomael about..and
>rarely...and the other sylvan druid had just con died). And
>secondly...take note here...I had an extreme pet peave with
>druids: Coming from playing two former sylvan druids, and
>looking at all history of druids...with the exception of
>perhaps Beornin and a few scarabs...all druids might as well
>have been elves or running around with golden auras. This
>was also very true of the sylvan cabal. I wanted a druid
>that was not cookie cutter and countered this.
>
> It turned out to be a great roleplaying experience.
>Much of Amora's earlier life was built around her love of
>the night and being born a dark sapling to counter the
>balance. This was as close as she came to promoting the
>balance. Also, she firmly believed that the sylvan mocked
>nature by proposing that any mere mortal could upset the
>balance. She believed that nature was *not* a fragile thing
>and should be feared at all times. To lock oneself behind
>shutters and doors was useless.

Phoden (Guest)Sat 31-Aug-02 10:27 AM

#8764, "RE: (CON) Amora the Blood-Stained Druid, Forger of"
In response to Reply #1

Heya there Amora, Phoden here. I just wanted t' mention that you were a darn good person. You were fun t' hunt and quite beneficial to kill. I had some interesting... however short, conversations with Amora and I've kinda grown t' like her. She was an interesting and extremely dynamic char, that I wish I could have grown to know better, but it seems every time I tried t' talk with ya, you were tryin' t' kill me. Oh well. I just wanted t' say it was nice t' have you around... For however short a time it was.

Gunn (Guest)Sun 01-Sep-02 08:06 AM

#8763, "So thats where you went..."
In response to Reply #1

heh when Amarellis seemed to disappear after heroing so fast I was wondering if you up and left again after coming back.
Good job on the char from what I saw of it. Always did like your chars.
laters
Gunn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #8737 Previous topic | Next topic