Subject: "(DEL) <SCION> Drunggarr the Ranger Prince" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #749
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 03-May-01 03:16 PM
Member since 25th Apr 2024
16808 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#749, "(DEL) Drunggarr the Ranger Prince"

Thu May 3 17:17:08 2001

5 o''clock PM, Day of Thunder, 3rd of the Month of Nature on the Theran calendar Drunggarr perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:ranger
Level:43
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:106
PK Ratio:42% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Drunggarr (Guest) (Guest)Thu 03-May-01 03:24 PM

#750, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Drunggarr the Ranger Prince"
In response to Reply #0

No names to mention, never had extensive interaction with anyone. Which was a major reason for deleting. I wanted to see how well a Scion ranger could do. Not too well. Actually thinkgs would have been a lot better were I not a felar. even with enlarge bearcharge did not lag the opponent more, or even the same amount, as it lagged me so I could not keep people in fights. My only option was waylay, flee and waylay...but again, that got the damage in but cold not stop most from fleeing and/or wording.

Too bad I never got anything going with Valguarnera as far as roleplay, I know there were somethings I could have done in that aspect.

See you all in the fields.

Player of Drunggarr.

Paelnor (Guest)Thu 03-May-01 05:42 PM

#751, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Drunggarr the Ranger Prince"
In response to Reply #1

I doubt it was our playing times, unless yours differed drastically. I used to see you a bunch. We I fought a few times, and I had to make sure to be on edge because of what a ranger can do to another ranger when the Scion channel is involved. You were actually the character that reminded me that all rangers didn't HAVE to be friends of the forest. I wish I could have gotten the chance to RP with you, but the one time you didn't have a nightwalker AND we weren't already fighting, you never returned my tell. Good luck with your next incarnation.
P.S.(When fighting another ranger, dirt flee ambush isn't necessarily the best way to do things.)

-Paelnor, ranger third class, beneath Kiac and Flontinot.

Drunggarr (Guest) (Guest)Thu 03-May-01 07:26 PM

#752, "RE: (DEL) <SCION> Drunggarr the Ranger Prince"
In response to Reply #2

I used to be around a bunch till I lost interest at this final rank of mine. And yes, that is why I rolled this character.. to play a ranger who used the wilds but didn't really care to protect them. Actually.. I wanted to follow Mynawk but found out late in life that being cabaled pretty much negated that possibility. In fact I lost interest in drunggarr soon afterwards.

dirt/flee isn't the best way against another ranger? I would like to hear what is a better tactic. I can see if I was a cloud giant doing heavy damage... but as a felar... so let me know what's on your mind as far as that is concerned.

Drunggarr

Phinitz (Guest) (Guest)Sat 05-May-01 05:31 AM

#753, "Speaking as another ranger who wasn't friendly with mos..."
In response to Reply #3

Dirt/disarm was my general strategy against other rangers. In an extended hunting/fighting time with Ronahan, I believe I took five weapons from him. He was complaining about not having anything to fight me with... which was funny, since I started the fight only having a ranger's staff. It got to the point I would dirt him, and he would flee. By the way, I found enlarged bearcharge to be pretty effective... though like a trip, they could flee sometimes. If I killed someone, it was usually a fast fight.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #749 Previous topic | Next topic