Subject: "Llondolis is deleted." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #71680
Show all folders

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 07:07 PM
Member since 07th Apr 2003
1054 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71680, "Llondolis is deleted."

Well.. this was fun. My first character in over a year, and well after I expected to never play this game again. I really didn't expect anything with this character, besides empowerment and then probably a deletion around lvl 25. But somewhere along the line, I started having fun.

I was pretty much balls to the wall with this guy. I tried to at least have an exit strategy, but that didn't always pan out. I know more than a few times I ran all out into Ahtieli +imperials, or Waris or.. something. And a few people commented that that was unnecessary. But a Baer pally shouldn't walk around scared. And so I never did.
I think I took orderly to the extreme though. I had a lot of restrictions on this char. The whole following the laws thing was only scratching the surface. But I personally think the really tough resrictions are what make characters fun and challenging.

Anyways, this was my first ever leader. First tattoo. And I got them both within like 8 seconds of each other. Woot. I usually give up on characters WAY early on, so I tried to stick with Llondo for a while. But lately it fet like I was just going through the motions, and I don't think anyone was really having fun with the character, especially me.

Couple goodbyes.. feel free to say something, and I'll reply. I just have a crappy ass memory.

FORTRESS-
Baer- You know.. you're just a damn good Imm. Had some interactions with you on a few different characters, and it's always a good time. I think I discovered a little more depth to your roleplay in there somewhere as well. I only went to your shrine maybe 5 or 6 times in my 280-odd hours.. but from my perspective, your Priest shouldn't be sitting around praying, he should be out doing. Hopefully I didn't completely embarass you.

Iltanthal- From Llondo's point of view, I only ever had 3 actual "frends", that being you, Kernagor and Vylim. IC, I had a soft spot for you, cause you were a High-Elf and therefore a little smarter, a little better, and a little more trustworthy than any others. I liked how you basically became my confidante in there near the end. Great char.

Renkaide- Dude.. you were counseling me on Baerinika when I was like lvl 8. You disappeared for a while, then came back after I was Captain. IC, I kind of had mixed feelings about you. Llondo was definately not at all into the socializing, preaching aspect of being a Follower, so at first (IC) I kinda though you wasted your time with that. But you definately won me over in the end.

Humbert- Right before I got Captain, we were both always around. Then once I did, I think we were online together a total of once. I liked your character alot, from what I saw. Too bad our times didn't mesh much.

OTHERS-
Pelrin- Dude, you were freaking annoying. There was pretty much nothing I could do to you. So.. I basically just stole your weapons. OOC, it kinda felt cheap, but not having any other options I didn't feel too bad. IC, I figured it was the cost of you raiding Fort continously. If you were gonna lose yourweapons every time, maybe you'd give up.
For real, I didn't have a problem with your character. I just think the entire concept of Nexus is retarded, personally.

Satebos- Dude, be more ballsy. You don't have to be uber-prepped for every fight. Maybe it was just my limited perspective, but that's how it felt.

Ahtieli- I wish you'd be more aggressive. Sitting behind Cent's and summoning people is lame. So is summoning people into a 3 person gank. You're a Lich, act like it.
Again, this could be the same as Satebos, and only from my limied perspective.

Waris- I hated fighting you.. I could pump out some damage against you (which apparently no one else could), and there HAD to be some way where we could beat you. But I couldn't figure it out.

Lezra- You had balls, and I liked fighting you. I still think that Alligator is a little OP, but that could just be you doing your thing.

And I'm tired, and can't think of anyone else. If you wanna say something, feel free. I'll post a reply to everyone that's wortwhile.

Peace, folks.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Llondolis is deleted., Neleai (Guest), 06-Sep-08 01:26 PM, #75
Reply RE: Llondolis is deleted., Java, 06-Sep-08 09:10 PM, #76
Reply Good start, bad middle, so so ending., Lerzion (Guest), 04-Sep-08 11:49 PM, #54
Reply I actually remember this incident very well, Kernagor (Guest), 05-Sep-08 01:59 AM, #56
Reply RE: Good start, bad middle, so so ending., Java, 05-Sep-08 05:02 AM, #57
Reply Cat gonna be boreds now, Purrtis (Guest), 03-Sep-08 06:30 PM, #31
Reply RE: Cat gonna be boreds now, Java, 03-Sep-08 07:34 PM, #34
Reply Great job, Iltanthal (Guest), 03-Sep-08 08:37 AM, #30
Reply RE: Great job, Java, 03-Sep-08 07:31 PM, #33
Reply I liked you dude, sorry about that full loot...., Kreo (Guest), 03-Sep-08 06:57 AM, #29
Reply RE: I liked you dude, sorry about that full loot...., Java, 03-Sep-08 07:28 PM, #32
     Reply Hahaha! Yeah, just lucky really. :D N/T, Kreo (Guest), 04-Sep-08 02:00 AM, #40
Reply That's not fun., Saerali, 03-Sep-08 05:57 AM, #28
Reply RE: That's not fun., Java, 03-Sep-08 07:35 PM, #35
Reply Well now... That hurts., Volubryotr (Guest), 03-Sep-08 05:31 AM, #27
Reply RE: Well now... That hurts., Java, 03-Sep-08 07:37 PM, #36
Reply I heart you Java, Kernagor (Guest), 03-Sep-08 02:27 AM, #26
Reply RE: I heart you Java, Java, 03-Sep-08 07:39 PM, #37
Reply Odd, Eshval, 03-Sep-08 01:18 AM, #25
Reply RE: Odd, Java, 03-Sep-08 07:40 PM, #38
Reply Damn..., Lezra (Guest), 02-Sep-08 09:21 PM, #23
Reply Yeah.., Java, 02-Sep-08 09:26 PM, #24
Reply Longevity does alot for a character I think, Waris (Guest), 02-Sep-08 09:13 PM, #20
Reply I don't think I was ever trying to give you distance..., Java, 02-Sep-08 09:18 PM, #22
Reply RE: Llondolis is deleted., Isildur, 02-Sep-08 09:09 PM, #19
Reply RE: Llondolis is deleted., Java, 02-Sep-08 09:14 PM, #21
Reply darn, Fen (Guest), 02-Sep-08 08:50 PM, #18
Reply RE: darn, Java, 03-Sep-08 07:43 PM, #39
Reply I wish i had stayed longer...., Rizanha (Guest), 02-Sep-08 08:31 PM, #16
Reply Eh.., Java, 02-Sep-08 08:36 PM, #17
Reply No matter of your perspective I always thought, Ahtieli (Guest), 02-Sep-08 08:19 PM, #12
Reply Honestly we did have a lot of fun fights., Java, 02-Sep-08 08:26 PM, #14
Reply Forgot to mention., Java, 02-Sep-08 08:29 PM, #15
Reply Your perspective or a bit of statistic, Ahtieli (Guest), 02-Sep-08 07:45 PM, #8
Reply Ok, that's just crap., Java, 02-Sep-08 07:51 PM, #9
     Reply Why, Ahtieli (Guest), 02-Sep-08 08:08 PM, #10
          Reply This is a dumb argument.., Java, 02-Sep-08 08:17 PM, #11
               Reply Whatever you say, man. ~, Ahtieli (Guest), 02-Sep-08 08:25 PM, #13
               Reply To be honest, Stunna, 04-Sep-08 06:46 PM, #41
                    Reply You made me laugh, Ahtieli (Guest), 04-Sep-08 10:13 PM, #42
                         Reply RE: You made me laugh, Daevryn, 04-Sep-08 10:18 PM, #43
                         Reply I'm proud of, Ahtieli (Guest), 04-Sep-08 10:33 PM, #45
                              Reply RE: I'm proud of, Java, 04-Sep-08 10:42 PM, #46
                              Reply Ugh, flee/quaff?, Ahtieli (Guest), 04-Sep-08 11:03 PM, #48
                                   Reply Well..., JMCC, 04-Sep-08 11:40 PM, #52
                                        Reply Explain me few things?, Ahtieli (Guest), 05-Sep-08 12:06 AM, #55
                                        Reply I think this is a good post, sir. n/t, Stunna1 (Guest), 05-Sep-08 09:13 AM, #61
                                        Reply RE: I think this is a good post, sir., Ahtieli (Guest), 05-Sep-08 10:28 AM, #63
                                             Reply To sum it up..., JMCC, 05-Sep-08 10:54 AM, #65
                                             Reply You're right, Stunna1 (Guest), 05-Sep-08 12:06 PM, #66
                                             Reply I think I lost all respect I had to you, Ahtieli (Guest), 05-Sep-08 12:13 PM, #67
                                                  Reply When everyone told Waris he was ultra conservative he ..., Stunna1 (Guest), 05-Sep-08 12:34 PM, #68
                                             Reply RE: I think this is a good post, sir., Java, 05-Sep-08 04:19 PM, #74
                                             Reply it is a sportsmanship thing, laxnor (Guest), 07-Sep-08 12:10 AM, #77
                                                  Reply Theatre of the absurd ~, Ahtieli (Guest), 07-Sep-08 05:15 AM, #78
                                                  Reply Seconded nt, Eleia (Guest), 07-Sep-08 06:58 AM, #79
                                                  Reply I don't agree., Stunna1 (Guest), 07-Sep-08 04:40 PM, #80
                                        Reply fwiw, Nererial (Guest), 05-Sep-08 01:38 PM, #69
                              Reply RE: I'm proud of, Daevryn, 04-Sep-08 11:18 PM, #50
                                   Reply RE: I'm proud of, Ahtieli (Guest), 04-Sep-08 11:41 PM, #53
                                   Reply APs, Nererial (Guest), 05-Sep-08 01:41 PM, #70
                                        Reply And sigil of pain? I choose scion, but for other reason..., Stunna1 (Guest), 05-Sep-08 01:46 PM, #71
                                        Reply RE: APs, Daevryn, 05-Sep-08 02:02 PM, #73
                                             Reply Some of these depend on how you hunt, incognito, 08-Sep-08 01:30 PM, #81
                         Reply RE: You made me laugh, Java, 04-Sep-08 10:20 PM, #44
                         Reply RE: You made me laugh, Ahtieli (Guest), 04-Sep-08 10:46 PM, #47
                              Reply RE: You made me laugh, Daevryn, 04-Sep-08 11:11 PM, #49
                                   Reply RE: You made me laugh, Ahtieli (Guest), 04-Sep-08 11:30 PM, #51
                                        Reply I'm okay with you thinking this is your "one trick" n/t, Stunna1 (Guest), 05-Sep-08 08:56 AM, #58
                                        Reply RE: You made me laugh, Daevryn, 05-Sep-08 09:13 AM, #60
                                             Reply For that particular situation, Ahtieli (Guest), 05-Sep-08 09:37 AM, #62
                         Reply All I'm saying, Stunna1 (Guest), 05-Sep-08 09:12 AM, #59
                              Reply Do you read what I write at all?, Ahtieli (Guest), 05-Sep-08 10:39 AM, #64
                                   Reply Just to chime in..., Carintsei (Guest), 05-Sep-08 01:56 PM, #72
Reply And just out of curiosity.., Java, 02-Sep-08 07:42 PM, #7
Reply Goodbye, Sammuel (Guest), 02-Sep-08 07:29 PM, #3
Reply You seemed alright.., Java, 02-Sep-08 07:37 PM, #6
Reply Pimp character, Kharnial (Guest), 02-Sep-08 07:25 PM, #2
Reply If it makes you feel better, I only had defiance for ab..., Java, 02-Sep-08 07:34 PM, #5
Reply I thought you hated me, Baerinika, 02-Sep-08 07:23 PM, #1
     Reply RE: I thought you hated me, Java, 02-Sep-08 07:31 PM, #4

Neleai (Guest)Sat 06-Sep-08 01:26 PM

#71796, "RE: Llondolis is deleted."
In response to Reply #0

Neleai liked you a lot(well hell I liked you ooc), but she figured out you thought she was dumb. Its ok, I kept messing up whenever you were around for whatever reason, so I can see why you thought I was dumb. Neleai is basically a curious child...if you remember that a lot of what she does makes a lot of sense.

Anyway, I'm glad you got Captain, and you made a pretty good one as far as I can tell. I wish you didnt delete, but I know how things go. Fortunately, I think we have a couple Marans that will make decent to good Captains, so I think we will be ok for a bit...but you know we will still miss Llondolis.

Good luck with your next, and please don't beat up on Neleai too much.

JavaSat 06-Sep-08 09:10 PM
1054 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#71804, "RE: Llondolis is deleted."
In response to Reply #75

IC, Llondo kind of had mixed feelings about you. There were a few snafu's when me and you were online, coming from both sides, I think.

But I did like that you were obviously an Acolyte, 100% of the time. There are a few people (who's names I won't mention) that are just Maran who happen to have Acolyte powers. Llondo being the unwavering, no exceptions on anything ever type of person he is, didn't like Acolyte's (or Maran for that matter) blurring the line on the two. And for you, the line was drawn and you did your Acolyte thing, and did it pretty well.

OOC, I kind of felt bad for you a little bit. You have some serious RP restrictions you put on yourself, and I know that has to make things tough on you. Not to mention the unlucky sleek location you have, which made it ard on you trying to communicate all the time.

Lerzion (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 11:49 PM

#71770, "Good start, bad middle, so so ending."
In response to Reply #0

Our relationship in a nutshell. We started off well. It went downhill when you ganged me down after i assassinated the conjurer. The thing that irked me wasn't that you two attacked me, it was that you attacked me after asking me nicely to leave things. Me kindly agreeing that I would, then subsequently getting cranialed right after. I got you both back at some point, and so I was alright with the rest. The war with Fort didn't make Lerzion feel good, but he also was tired of all the jumping in the Fort was doing. One of the rules of Battle is, follow the commanders orders, so...that is what we did as much as possible. We ended on decent terms with the war over, but I would have never shown you much trust after the Kernagor and you incident. Anyway, good job.

Kernagor (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 01:59 AM

#71772, "I actually remember this incident very well"
In response to Reply #54

What occurred was, Raknar walks out of the Fortress, I notice he is suddenly a ghost, he tells us he's assassinated, I walk out of the Fortress, I type cranial 2. to get anyone hidden in the room. Since Llond was with me, I just aimed at myself. So I cranial 3. instead, which takes me half a heartbeat. In this time, you've just popped out to say "Leave his things" when you get pwned by it.

So yeah, it sucks, but of all the cabals, the Fort is the one where people will NOT to let you get away with killing their friends.

What a coincidence, though, although you did not particularly like a few of the incidents in the Fort, I was very, very irritated when I walked out of the Fort alone with Inger's stuff to return it. This got me strangled and ganged down by several villagers, and ended up with a few other forties dying. Yes, that is the price I pay for trying to show good sportsmanship, I get my more competent and cooler cabalmates killed. Next time I'll be a conservative douchebag like everyone else, and continue to sit in the Fort summoning into gangs.

I didn't think we had a bad relationship before these incidents. But I was very blehed by behavior you tossed at me after those fights, especially when you deliberately tried to gang me down with Agar by attacking me in the middle of the fight at writhing and tossing out lagging kicks. Its not like Agar needed any help owning my face off, you just wanted to ensure the kill. And yes, I am aware that you don't have to obey parity rules. This does not make the behavior any better in my eyes.

JavaFri 05-Sep-08 05:02 AM
1054 posts
#71773, "RE: Good start, bad middle, so so ending."
In response to Reply #54

Yeah, that was kind of a sticky situation.

I didn't have any means to bring you out of hiding, so I was gonna sit there and lecture you for a minute.

But Kern came out of no where and initiated,and I autoassisted. I couldn't really justify fleeing out because A, you killed my dude, B, Kern mighth have needed help, and C, I really wasn't even supposed to have autoassist on, per my role.

Really though, the friendship was ruined after you ass'd him in front of me. Honestly the only reason I let us get kinda sorta cool again at the end was laziness as a player. It was just too convenient having you feed me info sometimes.

I did always like the character though. Even if IC, we had a lot of issues.

Purrtis (Guest)Wed 03-Sep-08 06:30 PM

#71729, "Cat gonna be boreds now"
In response to Reply #0

I spent a lot of time camped in front of the fort waiting to get at you, but now one fort guy went and did something nice so I'm less likely to jump you guys. Llondolis was hard to fight, and hard headed. I felt like you were being purposefully obtuse in some of our interactions, and it drives Purrtis crazy when "someone dumber than cat it seem". Had lots of fun trying to snipe you in front of your soldiers. Good luck on your next.

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:34 PM
1054 posts
#71733, "RE: Cat gonna be boreds now"
In response to Reply #31

You were one of those people that seemed to gun for me, when none of your other enemies were around. OOC, I understood that, but IC Llondolis was WAY too single minded for that. If you were an enemy, you were an enemy who deserved death under every circumstance, with no hesitation.

You were fun to fight though. Seemed pretty even, most of the time. I know alot of times, I found myelf sitting around the Fort waiting for you to jump me though, just for some action.

Iltanthal (Guest)Wed 03-Sep-08 08:37 AM

#71715, "Great job"
In response to Reply #0

>FORTRESS-
>Iltanthal- From Llondo's point of view, I only ever had 3
>actual "frends", that being you, Kernagor and Vylim. IC, I had
>a soft spot for you, cause you were a High-Elf and therefore a
>little smarter, a little better, and a little more trustworthy
>than any others. I liked how you basically became my
>confidante in there near the end. Great char.

Thanks man. It was always cool to have you around because of your balls out attitude. It's too bad the pendulum seems to swing SOO far one direction or the other. As recently as last week there were like 6 Fortress and no evil in hero range at all, now last night it was Neleai and me retrieving against Waris, Kharnial, and Lezra. (Not a complaint, btw - action is good!). I suspect with no Captain and with Humbert self-admittedly not having much time to Marshall, Fortress will see a (hopefully mini) slump here soon. Who knows.

Good luck with the next. Hope it is as great a char as Llondolis was.

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:31 PM
1054 posts
#71732, "RE: Great job"
In response to Reply #30

Yeah, I hated the pendulum. Especially that, with my role the way it was, I couldn't go out being offensive against the Villagers or Nexuns that were gunning for us, either. It meant a lot of Llondolis's life was standing around hoping to get attacked, so I coud at least fight back.

I loved having you around though, cause you're tough as hell. I really wish we could have gotten more in depth into someof your role (the gnome stuff, for exmaple), but every time I wanted to explore it something came up and we had to leave it be. A lot of depth there. Keep up the good work.

There's a couple worthy people in Fort that could be Captain though.. so I doubt ya'll will stay leader-less for too long.

Kreo (Guest)Wed 03-Sep-08 06:57 AM

#71714, "I liked you dude, sorry about that full loot...."
In response to Reply #0

Though I was ordered too, and I was really prepared to return it all to you. Though you didn't want it. hehe

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:28 PM
1054 posts
#71731, "RE: I liked you dude, sorry about that full loot...."
In response to Reply #29

I really didn't give two ####s about gear, IC. It was a means to an end, and pretty easily replaceable.

OOC, it was kinda painful to tell you that I didn't want your sympathy or whatever, but it was what had to be done. I couldn't except any kind of help from an evil type, regardless of the circumstances.

I enjoyed your character a lot. Exactly what a thief was supposed to be, ####ing annoying.

I do remember that time I worded to you in Darsylon, and you got a BS off when I had sanc down. I almost #### myself. Luckily 'co word' was already in the queue, so I only had to press enter again to get away. Was never sure if you were waiting for me, or it was just a lucky situation for you. But it surprised the hell out of me.

Kreo (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 02:00 AM

#71740, "Hahaha! Yeah, just lucky really. :D N/T"
In response to Reply #32

n/t

SaeraliWed 03-Sep-08 05:57 AM
Member since 11th Jul 2008
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71712, "That's not fun."
In response to Reply #0

I agree with Volubryotr...very big shoes to fill. Fair enough if you were sick of it (particularly with a hurricane to think about!) but I thought you were setting a really good tone in the Fortress. Granted Saer wasn't always as obedient as she could be *cough* and it often seemed like she was more of a pain to you than anything, but she really looked up to you. (I won't be at all offended if that's true, btw I'm well aware of her, um, drawbacks). Thanks muchly for all the help at different times, too. Hope you're going to stay around?

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:35 PM
1054 posts
#71734, "RE: That's not fun."
In response to Reply #28

Oh man, you drove Llondo crazy. I know it was a quirk in your RP, but there were times when Llondo just wanted to slap you.

You have an interesting character. Keep it up, and keep learning, you'll do good.

Volubryotr (Guest)Wed 03-Sep-08 05:31 AM

#71711, "Well now... That hurts."
In response to Reply #0

I loved this friggin' charater, I'd have never pegged it as you though
Not that I don't like some Java characters... I just would not have
guessed. I started thinking about your "outlook" right after you
made captain, and the more I saw the more I thought "This guys is
gonna rock as a captain" I truly believe that it will be a long time
before the fort sees a captain that would have been as 'cool' as
Llon. We'd probably have disagreed on a couple of things, but hell
who doesn't right? I'm really bummed to see this though, I get it
if the character got stale for you, but who knew elves had such big
feet? How are we gonna fill those shoes? Hahaha.

Well man, glad you are playing again, and best of luck with your
next.

-Volu

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:37 PM
1054 posts
#71735, "RE: Well now... That hurts."
In response to Reply #27

It really sucks, but I think you get lost in the Fort numbers a lot. You're a pretty solid paladin. Llondo and you did have a few disagreements, but that's the nature of the beast. I don't think anyone really agreed with Llondo on a lot of things, and that's kinda how I designed him.

I think Fort will be alright without me. Honestly I don't think I had much of an impact as Captain, besides being a moderately decent paladin with a leader weapon and a title.

Kernagor (Guest)Wed 03-Sep-08 02:27 AM

#71710, "I heart you Java"
In response to Reply #0

Had tons of fun with Llond, and you even accomodated my hungry power-ranking instinct, for the most part. I appreciate you helping me out all this time, and I thought our relationship, for the most part, was pretty cool. I thought the arguments we had ended up adding depth to both of our character's RP, and actually strengthened the friendship instead of coming between us. I considered you much more competent than I was. We both had a penchant for picking stupid ass fights, though

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:39 PM
1054 posts
#71736, "RE: I heart you Java"
In response to Reply #26

I think you and I both had the exact same problem. There were times when we kicked an insane amount of ass, and times when we ran full on into fights where we were easily outmatched, and died a quick and painful death.

I absolutely loved Kernagor. It took a lot of steam out of Llondo when you deleted, but I understand where you're coming from. I think you and Llondo became friends from like hour 8 of Llondo, and continued that right up to the end. Great character.

EshvalWed 03-Sep-08 01:17 AM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71709, "Odd"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 03-Sep-08 01:18 AM

I can't say that I spent a great deal of time watching you, but yes you were pretty tough and could stand up to about anyone. So...fwiw, good job!

Edit: Oh yeah...I thought it made a statement when you retrieved and the deleted...nicely done.

Eshval's email (I actually read my emails and answer them!)
eshval@carrionfields.com
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:40 PM
1054 posts
#71737, "RE: Odd"
In response to Reply #25

I really wanted to go out on a high note. I was hoping to raid and get one last PK. If I died, I figured I'd quit and try again later, but I wanted to get Sammuel and then delete. But once Padwei logged in, I figured landing a solid PK was unlikely, so raiding and taking the item was the next best thing.

No way in hell was I gonna end Llondolis as a rage delete. What's the fun of that?

Lezra (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 09:21 PM

#71704, "Damn..."
In response to Reply #0

Man I loved fighting you. And That time when you took it too me .. bleh. I knew I should have put up some protections. But really the gator takes alot of preperation for it to be nasty. Otherwise it's just a meat wall but I'll get into that when I'm dead. But you've done fantastic job... generally paladins just word from me and can't do much obviously to seal the deal unless they made a mistake. You would really stick around to make things interesting. I think I landed on you once but you were already hurtin.. heh the perks of air shifters. *wink* You obviously you deserved all the little perks. I hope you don't stay away for long again I couldn't myself!

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 09:26 PM
1054 posts
#71705, "Yeah.."
In response to Reply #23

That time you caught up to me like 3 steps from the Fort pissed me off, bad.

I had a teleport potion, I should have used it. I just thought I could beat you in a race. Apparently not.

I actually figured that one time I did get you, you had run out of protections from the fights at the Fort right before. So when you didn't come back yet again, I thought you were regathering wands, so it'd be a good chance to either take the Scepter, or fight you without ABS.

Good character though. I had some fun fighting you.

Waris (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 09:13 PM

#71701, "Longevity does alot for a character I think"
In response to Reply #0

And Llondolis was a prime example of that to me.

At the start of it all I think you ran into my range when I had a medium number of charges, and didn't really take many chances against me, of course I never really took any *chances* persay against you so thats fair game too.

I suppose it makes sense why you gave me such distance, especially now knowing that you didn't figure out exactly how much damage you could really drop on me untill you already seemed to be losing steam.

After a while you started to grow on me the player, Waris of course hated you all the more, but whats a duergar to do?

Well I might have been intially disgruntled with this character, but you definatly grew on me. I mean after all if I had a good role idea, you bet your ass I'd play it damned the cabal numbers.

Sorry you lost intrest in Llondolis I think you still had some umph against me. *You were always Target #2 if you hadn't noticed*
/ramble

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 09:18 PM
1054 posts
#71703, "I don't think I was ever trying to give you distance..."
In response to Reply #20

But until I discovered just how much damage that one little commune would do, I just didn't see any way I could put up much of a fight. It seemed like your play times dropped off late though, or at least were different enough from mine that we didn't match up too much. That was too bad.

I did have another strategy I wanted to try on you, too, to get that unholy out of your hand. I'm not sure if it would have worked, but I really wanted to try it. Oh well..

IsildurTue 02-Sep-08 09:09 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71700, "RE: Llondolis is deleted."
In response to Reply #0

Heh. I liked Llondolis, but I sort of had you pegged for a newbie. Apparently you weren't. I think I just saw you get pasted by Djabree on eastern road like three logins in a row, and that stuck in my mind. Djabree does a lot of pasting, though, so maybe it was unfair assessment.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 09:14 PM
1054 posts
#71702, "RE: Llondolis is deleted."
In response to Reply #19

Heh.

Yeah, I had this problem where if I saw someone evil in my range, I was gonna fight them. Even if I knew I was gonna get two rounded, I had to make the effort.

I know died WAY more than I killed.. but that's just the nature of playin a paladin that happens to not care about dying. I don't think I, or most of my enemies, would say I sucked though. I really don't care about PK ratio, or kill totals, or any of that nonsense.

Fen (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 08:50 PM

#71699, "darn"
In response to Reply #0

I appreciated how you were obviously a paladin.

I also liked how you being an OG paladin had different views on a number of things than a CG woodswoman.

It was hard to play up on that, given you were captain and I am lowly squire. I was hoping to enjoy more interactions should we ever meet on slightly less uneven footing.

JavaWed 03-Sep-08 07:43 PM
1054 posts
#71738, "RE: darn"
In response to Reply #18

I tried really, REALLY hard to make a few things clear:
1. I was an Elf. Not a human in an Elf suit, but a ####ing High-Elf.
2. I was a Paladin. Not just some dude who picked that guild out of a hat, but a Paladin through and through.
3. I was Orderly. In every sense of the word.
4. I was good. Seems obvious, but a lot of time it's more like White Team vs Black Team, rather than Good vs Evil. I tried my best to make that clear.

Hopefully I did a good job with it, and I think I did pretty ok.

I liked your character. We were polar opposites on a lot of things. I know I chewed your ass a little bit, for a few things. Nothing personal of course. I kinda liked the nuances of your character. They just didn't jive with Llondo's view.

Rizanha (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 08:31 PM

#71697, "I wish i had stayed longer...."
In response to Reply #0

...in the last raid. I had never fought a paladin before you so it was a fun new experience. However i was half dead and my protections were about to fall...just gets ugly after that. Still think i should have stayed longer and used something stronger on you. Live and learn i guess.

Good luck to you.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 08:36 PM
1054 posts
#71698, "Eh.."
In response to Reply #16

Paladins have next to nothing to do against neutral mages. Pelrin alone could drive me away almost every time. The two of you, I was basically making a stand for the hell of it. I mean, I have angelswing, flamestrike, force of will, and.. shieldbash.

None of which are useful for anything other than being a minor annoyance.

Maybe there's some other tactic that I'm not aware of.. but when I can't deal any real damage, can't dispel your prots, can't lag you, I'm at a loss.

Ahtieli (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 08:19 PM

#71693, "No matter of your perspective I always thought"
In response to Reply #0

that Llondolis was great paladin and he was VERY hard to take down. My life was living hell, when you were on. I knew that you will come again and again and again and all these fights won't be easy. So I was burning out wands with an amazing speed when you were on.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 08:26 PM
1054 posts
#71695, "Honestly we did have a lot of fun fights."
In response to Reply #12

I just hate it when people try to fix situations where the other guy doesn't have a chance.

But yeah, we had a lot of fun ones in there.

I did use that strategy a lot, to go back and pick a fight over and over again in quick succession, to make people burn out wands or get overconfident. It worked sometimes.. and sometimes I died a quick and painful death.

If it makes you feel better, you were still my favorite of the two liches.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 08:29 PM
1054 posts
#71696, "Forgot to mention."
In response to Reply #12

It was real class both you and Eleai tried to help me find my #### after I teleported and died that time. But IC there was no way I'd accept any kind of charity like that from you two.

Sorry this whole thing degenerated like that, below. Over all you were a quality enemy. It's just that one tactic that basically annoys the #### out of me. There's no need for it.

Ahtieli (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 07:45 PM

#71688, "Your perspective or a bit of statistic"
In response to Reply #0

>Ahtieli- I wish you'd be more aggressive. Sitting behind
>Cent's and summoning people is lame. So is summoning people
>into a 3 person gank. You're a Lich, act like it.
>Again, this could be the same as Satebos, and only from my
>limied perspective.

Your deaths:

1. ahtieli, Kresin during raid with 2 forties online.
2. ahtieli, Carintsei, Kresin during raid against two fortries at once.
3. solo kill
4. solo kill during fight with you and Kernagor.
5. me, Eleia during raid with 3 forties online
6. ahtieli, eleia vs you and sil.

Your perspective is awesome.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 07:51 PM
1054 posts
#71689, "Ok, that's just crap."
In response to Reply #8

Like I said, my perspective was just my perspective. I might have gotten a limited view of that, and I can admit it.

I'm not talking about my own personal deaths, although those first two I thought were kinda lame (I was a solo defending, you summoned me into permalag instead of just fighting the Outer and making it interesting).

What I'm referring to mostly is how you continually park yourself somewhere in a textbook centurion summon trap. It's lame. Especially for a Lich. I expect a Lich with 5 zombies to run around making people scared rather than camping on Eastern being a nuisance.

Ahtieli (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 08:08 PM

#71690, "Why"
In response to Reply #9

>I'm not talking about my own personal deaths, although those
>first two I thought were kinda lame (I was a solo defending,
>you summoned me into permalag instead of just fighting the
>Outer and making it interesting).

Is it my fault when it's yours?

first death:
We killed outer, you came into Fortress alone when we were doing it. Then summoned you out. You were not permalagged during that fights.

second one:
You and another paladin were standing in the Fortress. Is it my fault that you were standing there without fly on? it's the only thing that killed you there. And you were not permalagged this time also.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 08:17 PM
1054 posts
#71692, "This is a dumb argument.."
In response to Reply #10

And I'm not going to continue it. It's not worth it to me to go back through my logs for this. (Although I have a hunch that your ghoul does more lag than you give it credit for)

I was giving you my perspective of your character. You haven't said or done anything to address my point, so I'll leave it at that. Now I'm personally done with this argument. I gave you my thoughts, the end.

Ahtieli (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 08:25 PM

#71694, "Whatever you say, man. ~"
In response to Reply #11

~

StunnaThu 04-Sep-08 06:46 PM
1048 posts
#71747, "To be honest"
In response to Reply #11

This is what I see from Ahtiele as well. Very timid, very overly cautions, very cheap/ganky. I think that his statistics on your death make points for your argument more than his. I mean, when he DID come out from behind the cents he got kills. So why does he hide behind cents all the time.

This is just my perspective. LOL

Ahtieli (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 10:13 PM

#71757, "You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #41

Who do I hide from behind centurions? It's not like somebody is trying to hunt me at all. Few peoples try though. And my statistics on him proves that all his arguments are false.

Tell me how my statistics prove that I'm ganky? 3 vs 2 is a gang?

P.S. And I'm so sorry for making good use of cabal powers.

DaevrynThu 04-Sep-08 10:18 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#71759, "RE: You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #42

Expect to be held to a different standard as an Emperor lich. There shouldn't be any three characters in the game you can't beat solo.

(Beyond that, there's not much point to arguing about the stats; everyone will see the unarguable numbers someday in your deletion thread, right?)

Ahtieli (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 10:33 PM

#71761, "I'm proud of"
In response to Reply #43

how much attention I get from you, really .

****Expect to be held to a different standard as an Emperor lich.
Yes, though they do not know limitations of lich powers, while I do and I spent some con to figure it out.

****There shouldn't be any three characters in the game you can't
****beat solo.

Yea but beating is not equal killing. Sealing kill as lich against smart enemy is uneasy without using right items/phylacteries/centurions/traps/gangs. Thing is that for sealing kills in challenge fights I need phylacteries, for getting it I need to kill people, but they rarely give it to me in an easy way, one on one fights and so on.

p.s. do you mean group of 3 characters?

**** (Beyond that, there's not much point to arguing about the stats;
**** everyone will see the unarguable numbers someday in your
**** deletion thread, right?)

Arguing is an entertainment for my ego which I get from cf when I can not play because of work

JavaThu 04-Sep-08 10:42 PM
1054 posts
#71762, "RE: I'm proud of"
In response to Reply #45

Ugh..

I just played a shield spec Paladin. I think I know a thing or two about how tough it is to seal a kill.

And as a Lich, I can think of MANY classes that would have a much tougher time than yourself in doing it. For instance, you have a mob that follows you around that causes a several round freeze affect. You can scourge, poison and (if I'm not mistaken) healing curse. You can curse, forget, sick an army of zombies and other mobson your enemies, and utilize all those crazy ass Emperor powers you have.
Hell, you can even lash. Not to mention whatever other #### I don't even know about.

It isn't as if you're relying on shield bash, after all.

There's been plenty of Liches in the past, who got plenty of phylacteries and plenty of kills, without relying on cheap tactics.

Ahtieli (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 11:03 PM

#71764, "Ugh, flee/quaff?"
In response to Reply #46

>Ugh..
>I just played a shield spec Paladin. I think I know a thing or
>two about how tough it is to seal a kill.

Paladin for taking challenge fights need what? Only powers he can use any time. Do you have an idea what lich needs? How is it easy to get?

>And as a Lich, I can think of MANY classes that would have a
>much tougher time than yourself in doing it. For instance, you
>have a mob that follows you around that causes a several round
>freeze affect.
Ghoul gave me like 10% of kills or even less. It's not a big number.

> You can scourge, poison and (if I'm not
>mistaken) healing curse. You can curse, forget, sick an army
>of zombies and other mobson your enemies, and utilize all
>those crazy ass Emperor powers you have.

Flee/quaff? Do you know how much people died after sleep/full spell up at hero ranks? Or do you know how easy to land these spells if you did not sleep them.

>It isn't as if you're relying on shield bash, after all.
So if you had centurions like power you won't use it, because it's cheap?

>There's been plenty of Liches in the past, who got plenty of
>phylacteries and plenty of kills, without relying on cheap
>tactics.

Yea, because there were much more people in hero range, much more noobs, much more people who were trying to raid, reraid, defend and fight lich.

JMCCThu 04-Sep-08 11:40 PM
Member since 22nd Sep 2007
59 posts
#71768, "Well..."
In response to Reply #48

You play a retardedly powerful combo. Only a buffed out AP Chancellor or AP Emperor with 100+ charges could match you (perhaps even not). Historically, liches have had no problems with kills.

I agree with Daevryn - using your skills is fine. However, continous gangs just makes you look really weak and pathetic. For a lich, if it's you vs 2 others, that's equal standing. Thus if you have the upper hand in numbers in any battle, that pretty much constitutes a gang. I'm sure it will be reflected in your pbf if it continues, and possibly, an imm may do something accordingly during your play (title change, whatever; I have no idea, just speculating based on weakass behaviors).

Do you/should you care what others think? Certainly not - after all, you spent hours upon hours building your character and succeeding in the lich quest. Will you be called out during your play, and most likely afterwards, about your weakass behaviors? Most definitely. And the fact is, you won't/don't have a ground to stand on. Kostyan was an ass quite often, but he was feared and respected. I hear that people just snicker and make snide comments about you.

But if you don't care about what other people say and potential consequences, then by all means, gank away.

Ahtieli (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 12:06 AM

#71771, "Explain me few things?"
In response to Reply #52

How could I gang much during last 2 months given that numbers of imperials were VERY LOW (15-18)? Number of hero imperials was 3-4 people(those I saw on regular base) in total. Add that most of them play in different time, how many times did they meet? Add to that 36+ Fortress, 30+ villagers. What are you talking about?

>You play a retardedly powerful combo. Only a buffed out AP
>Chancellor or AP Emperor with 100+ charges could match you
> perhaps even not). Historically, liches have had no problems
>with kills.

>Thus if you have the upper hand in numbers in any battle, that
>pretty much constitutes a gang.

It makes sense then.

>Will you be called out during your play, and most likely afterwards, >about your weakass behaviors? Most definitely. And the fact is, you
>won't/don't have a ground to stand on. Kostyan was an ass
>quite often, but he was feared and respected.

Since I have whole my life logged I think I can prove my point with an easy. But I'm sure no one will care of pure facts if facts are not as people want them to be.

>I hear that people just snicker and make snide comments about you.

Where are these people when I login?

Stunna1 (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 09:13 AM

#71777, "I think this is a good post, sir. n/t"
In response to Reply #52

asdf

Ahtieli (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 10:28 AM

#71779, "RE: I think this is a good post, sir."
In response to Reply #61

I think it's going in a stupid way. I prove my point with facts and all you, haters, just crying with :
1. Ignoring every fact I post.
2. Not proving your point at all.

for example Java said:
1. You ganged me.
2. You summoned me in 3 man gangs when I was lone defender.
3. You summoned me in gang and permalagged.

By "haters" definition ganging is when lich has upper hand in numbers. So
1. Happened once.
2. False
3. False

But you just ignore it.

JMCCFri 05-Sep-08 10:54 AM
Member since 22nd Sep 2007
59 posts
#71781, "To sum it up..."
In response to Reply #63

You can be that much more respected, powerful, and greater, but often times you take the easy way out.

When you do condie, I'd like to see some of those logs. My experience with you is that I do like your character and often times you do appear badass, but a large majority of the consensus from my interactions with other players about you doesn't paint a good picture.

Stunna1 (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 12:06 PM

#71782, "You're right"
In response to Reply #63

You're the ballsiest thing ever. Everyone has nothing but respect for you and your ridiculous courage.

Wow!

Ahtieli (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 12:13 PM

#71783, "I think I lost all respect I had to you"
In response to Reply #66

>You're the ballsiest thing ever. Everyone has nothing but
>respect for you and your ridiculous courage.
>
>Wow!
>
>
I'm getting tired of your stupid comments. Not being ultra-conservative is not that same as begin ballsiest thing ever. Honestly where have you seen ballsiest liches at all?

Stunna1 (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 12:34 PM

#71784, "When everyone told Waris he was ultra conservative he ..."
In response to Reply #67

Yea, I am. (Despite whatever other arguments he may have made.)

I really like that about him.

JavaFri 05-Sep-08 04:19 PM
1054 posts
#71790, "RE: I think this is a good post, sir."
In response to Reply #63

Dude, I really don't want to search through my logs.

But #2 happened. Whether or not I was the only Fortie on, I'm not sure. But I was, without question, the only person (in range) there to defend.

#3 happened on (I believe) two occassions. I believe I got one, maybe at most two commands in before I was hit by the ghoul and permalagged for the remainder of the fight. That sounds like a lot of commands, but when the fight lasts another 8 or 9 round.. yeah. It sucks.

But none of that #### is even the point. You fought like a #### a significant amount of the time, and those incidents aren't even the reason for me saying so. Either acknowledge it, or don't. i don't really are.

laxnor (Guest)Sun 07-Sep-08 12:10 AM

#71806, "it is a sportsmanship thing"
In response to Reply #63

your abilities aside lich emperor from a mechanics POV can beat damn near anything solo, and that was before edges. You just conduct your fights in a way that are supremly uninteresting to fight against because everyone knows your just in it to seal kills. So you exploit all the tactics that make people just not want to deal with you. I mean your a friggin lich emperor try running around without zombies a little for a change. Or try not walking around in a gank just because you happen to have people to gang with (your previous emperors seemed to do that constantly) I mean look at igbah, the dude was a beast but everyone had nothing but respect for him. Not cause he would go suicide himself but because he fought with class.

Ahtieli (Guest)Sun 07-Sep-08 05:15 AM

#71809, "Theatre of the absurd ~"
In response to Reply #77

~

Eleia (Guest)Sun 07-Sep-08 06:58 AM

#71810, "Seconded nt"
In response to Reply #78

nt

Stunna1 (Guest)Sun 07-Sep-08 04:40 PM

#71817, "I don't agree."
In response to Reply #77

I'm not saying he shouldn't use his zombies or other abilities. He should. The idea that he should walk around handicapping himself is horrible.

I'm just saying he shouldn't always try to play only in highly optimal situations for him, to the exclusion of other encounters where he could bring some real whoopass.

Nererial (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 01:38 PM

#71785, "fwiw"
In response to Reply #52

I don't see much ganging by Ahtieli, and I have seen him fight quite a lot.

I did witness/join a big ganging involving him the other day, but as one of those involved in the ganging (or at least, I would have been had I not failed my wither commune and seen the enemy fall before I came out of lag from it), I can say that that was not Ahtieli's fault.

Pelrin hit centurions, and I and another recalled from ranking to defend when we heard them yell, not realising that other people were doing the same. When we got there, Ahtieli and another were already fighting Pelrin. So that will show as a 4 on 1 gang, but Ahtieli did not in any way cause it.

Other than that, I don't think I've seen him have the advantage of numbers, unless you count the many many undead.

DaevrynThu 04-Sep-08 11:18 PM
11117 posts
#71766, "RE: I'm proud of"
In response to Reply #45

>Yes, though they do not know limitations of lich powers, while
>I do and I spent some con to figure it out.

Yes, but I do know the limitations.

>****There shouldn't be any three characters in the game you
>can't
>****beat solo.
>
>Yea but beating is not equal killing. Sealing kill as lich
>against smart enemy is uneasy without using right
>items/phylacteries/centurions/traps/gangs. Thing is that for
>sealing kills in challenge fights I need phylacteries, for
>getting it I need to kill people, but they rarely give it to
>me in an easy way, one on one fights and so on.
>
>p.s. do you mean group of 3 characters?

Yes.

And, yes, beat != kill, but you also should be one of the best characters in the game for achieving kills as well.

The good news is you have, mechanically, the toughest character in the game. (A good case could be made for high-charges A-P Emperor as well.) The bad news is, everyone knows that and it's factored into their expectations/evaluations of you. It's a lot of pressure and it's not always fair.

You may or may not be concerned about those expectations; I'm just trying to help you understand why there may be a disconnect between what you think and what some of the people you argue with think.

Ahtieli (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 11:41 PM

#71769, "RE: I'm proud of"
In response to Reply #50

>Yes, but I do know the limitations.
You got my ass here

>>p.s. do you mean group of 3 characters?
>
>Yes.
It's highly depends on phylacteries set you have, right?

>And, yes, beat != kill, but you also should be one of the best
>characters in the game for achieving kills as well.

With right items/phylacteries yea. But it's not like I always have them.

>The good news is you have, mechanically, the toughest
>character in the game. (A good case could be made for
>high-charges A-P Emperor as well.) The bad news is, everyone
>knows that and it's factored into their
>expectations/evaluations of you. It's a lot of pressure and
>it's not always fair.
>
>You may or may not be concerned about those expectations; I'm
>just trying to help you understand why there may be a
>disconnect between what you think and what some of the people
>you argue with think.

Yea thanks.

Nererial (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 01:41 PM

#71786, "APs"
In response to Reply #50

I'd rather have a high charge scion than a high charge emperor.

Volley and sight of the damned are just so nice. Even considering the loss of piercing gaze and healing curse.

Stunna1 (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 01:46 PM

#71787, "And sigil of pain? I choose scion, but for other reason..."
In response to Reply #70

Mostly, Empire puts more rules and restrictions on me about where and how I can get my charges.

DaevrynFri 05-Sep-08 02:02 PM
11117 posts
#71789, "RE: APs"
In response to Reply #70

Don't discount tactics, sigil of pain, power of the damned, or black circle either. Black circle is probably one of the most perenially underrated great powers in the game.

(Not that Scion powers are bad by any stretch of the imagination for a necromancer or A-P, either.)

Also don't forget that Empire can more realistically hold onto opposing cabal items, for a number of reasons.

incognitoMon 08-Sep-08 01:30 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#71840, "Some of these depend on how you hunt"
In response to Reply #73

I prefer to solo hunt, especially as an ap, which makes things like tactics less useful against a decent enemy (unless I bother getting wands with high level dispel magic, and I'm normally too lazy).

Similarly I don't really see sigil of pain as a major perk. Against foes where I need more damage, I tend to like to draw the fight out. e.g. against paladins, I want them to stick around longer so they take more iceballs/energy drains before I try to finish them.

Black circle... feels to me as if it shouldn't help much against a decent enemy.

Power of damned... only time I've ever had this work againt me it seemed pretty weak and pathetic.

JavaThu 04-Sep-08 10:20 PM
1054 posts
#71760, "RE: You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #42

Umm, my point wasn't about how you get kills. I don't think you're going to argue that even remotely close to a quarter of our fights resulted in your death or mine.

To put it simply, what I had a problem with, more than anything else, was your Centurion summon trap that you continually set up on Eastern (and at least once in Imperial lands). It's cheap, and lazy. Especially for a Lich.

Now, am I saying this because it got me killed? No. It didn't. Ever. In fact, it almost got you killed at least once, when you summoned me and I was ready for it.

But with that example in specific, and my overall view of the character in general, you mostly play for cheap kills, rather than challenging ones (with a few exceptions, obviously). It's too bad, too, because you had potential to be a tough lich.

Ahtieli (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 10:46 PM

#71763, "RE: You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #44

>Umm, my point wasn't about how you get kills. I don't think
>you're going to argue that even remotely close to a quarter of
>our fights resulted in your death or mine.

Deaths are much more easy to find in logs, searching all our fights will take too much time, I don't have that much now. Of course we had way more fights.

>To put it simply, what I had a problem with, more than
>anything else, was your Centurion summon trap that you
>continually set up on Eastern (and at least once in Imperial
>lands). It's cheap, and lazy. Especially for a Lich.

Centurion trap is deadly only for villagers, shifters. For others it's not a problem at all. So 99% of time I set it for them, not for others. It is also useful when I face FortLanderVillager gangs, because it gives me time to fight with one instead of 4-5. Why I should not use cabal powers I got?

>Now, am I saying this because it got me killed? No. It didn't.
>Ever. In fact, it almost got you killed at least once, when
>you summoned me and I was ready for it.

It did once.
You almost got me killed because of bug with autoassist. That was a perfect example of using centurions to separate FortLanders who was not trying to raid me or reraid/defend if I raid them.(I'm not speaking about you, because you always were up for defending/reraiding). Even though I made it for killing tough rager, as I remember.

>But with that example in specific, and my overall view of the
>character in general, you mostly play for cheap kills, rather
>than challenging ones (with a few exceptions, obviously). It's
>too bad, too, because you had potential to be a tough lich.

Explain me one thing, why people are not trying to give me challenging fights most of the time, why do they quit, delete, jump in Empire badwagon and so on.

DaevrynThu 04-Sep-08 11:11 PM
11117 posts
#71765, "RE: You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #47

>Centurion trap is deadly only for villagers, shifters. For
>others it's not a problem at all.

This isn't remotely true if you're doing it right.

(Although I, unlike Java, don't begrudge you the use of Centurions.)

Ahtieli (Guest)Thu 04-Sep-08 11:30 PM

#71767, "RE: You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #49

>This isn't remotely true if you're doing it right.

Let's take a look at best situation I can get. What do I have:
1. Centurions in one room_1.
2. Another free room_2 with only way to a room_1 with centurions.
3. Black circle in room_2.
4. I summon someone into room_2.

Enemy has time to quaff return, if he lets me attack first, he has way to flee/quaff. Unless I land sleep. With a bit of luck I can move into room_1 and attack him again. But it depends on connection speed mostly and hunt triggers which I do not use since it's lame.

Hell even fleeing from a fight with centurions is not hard usually.

Stunna1 (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 08:56 AM

#71774, "I'm okay with you thinking this is your "one trick" n/t"
In response to Reply #51

asdf

DaevrynFri 05-Sep-08 09:13 AM
11117 posts
#71776, "RE: You made me laugh"
In response to Reply #51

Why on earth would you need hunt triggers to quickly follow someone who only has one direction to flee in? (Given your situation.)

Ahtieli (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 09:37 AM

#71778, "For that particular situation"
In response to Reply #60

>Why on earth would you need hunt triggers to quickly follow
>someone who only has one direction to flee in? (Given your
>situation.)

I don't need hunt triggers. But connection speed plays a big part in it. And we both know how good my connection speed compare to other players.

Stunna1 (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 09:12 AM

#71775, "All I'm saying"
In response to Reply #42

Is that for being, mechanically speaking, the most powerhouse character possible you sure are paranoid.

I have a good idea of who you are, and your characters always roll that way. I think what Java is getting at, and Daev is trying to explain to you is that to our eyes it looks "wussy." Maybe some people get more upset about it because you are emperor lich. I know I'm sensitive about -any- ultra conservative character. In either event, we're allowed out opinions.

Additionally, I'm not begrudging you your use of centurions. I would do the same thing. All I'm saying is that you seem to be really heavy on that particular tactic, perhaps to the exclusion of more straightforward play that we've seen from other, more bad ass liches.

My point in talking about your statistics was that your kills were while out fighting, not by waiting around behind centurions or locked in rooms in Balator, and that maybe you should do more of 1 and less of 2.

Ahtieli (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 10:39 AM

#71780, "Do you read what I write at all?"
In response to Reply #59

>Is that for being, mechanically speaking, the most powerhouse
>character possible you sure are paranoid.
>
>I have a good idea of who you are, and your characters always
>roll that way.

First time I hear it about my chars.

>Maybe some people get more upset about it because you are
>emperor lich.

They do.

>I know I'm sensitive about -any- ultra
>conservative character. In either event, we're allowed out
>opinions.
If I was ultra conservative, I would NEVER died in pk. Lich/emperor powers allow you to do it.

>Additionally, I'm not begrudging you your use of centurions. I
>would do the same thing. All I'm saying is that you seem to be
>really heavy on that particular tactic, perhaps to the
>exclusion of more straightforward play that we've seen from
>other, more bad ass liches.

1. Centurions gave me like 3-5% of kills, wtf are you talking about when you are saying that I really heavy on that tactic???
2. Bad ass liches in past? Can you understand it is stupid to compare liches of past with currient one? Power of liches greatly depends on phylacteries. In past it was in 10 times more easy to get a good phylactery set.

>My point in talking about your statistics was that your kills
>were while out fighting, not by waiting around behind
>centurions or locked in rooms in Balator, and that maybe you
>should do more of 1 and less of 2.
Go and read again all what I've wrote about this tactic. In a short, in general I used centurions for:

1. Killing ragers. Oh no wait, I should just go attack them and let them run.
2. Separating big group of enemies. Oh! Mistake I should go and fight massive gang on thier own rules.

Carintsei (Guest)Fri 05-Sep-08 01:56 PM

#71788, "Just to chime in..."
In response to Reply #64

I've fought alongside Ahteli as Carintsei, and have fought against him as another character.

Whenever I fought alongside him as Carintsei it was because he and I were the only two Dark players on with about a dozen Lightwalking foes. Out of all the times we hunted, I can only recall one time where there were centurions on Eastern Road were involved. Mainly, he hunted alone.

In my opinion he's not the "ballsiest" Lich out there, but at the same time he's far from a coward. I remember him defending against six or seven lightwalkers at the Palace, where I had to quaff, heal, come back, quaff again, heal, come back yet again and he was still trucking... and giving us a play-by-play over the CB channel at the same time.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 07:42 PM
1054 posts
#71687, "And just out of curiosity.."
In response to Reply #0

How come 90% of the time I died, someone would loot the shield of pure light?

There's only like 2 characters in the game that can use it, and kill the mob that holds it. So what does taking it and leaving it somewhere, or taking it and saccing it, really do? That was SO frustrating, you have no idea.

Sammuel (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 07:29 PM

#71683, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Just got to mix it up briefly with you. Was looking forward to some more and you go and delete. (Had to rest when you and Padwei came knocking for second go round.)

Anyhow, I traveled with you with my last char and thought you played a ballsy paladin. Take care.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 07:37 PM
1054 posts
#71686, "You seemed alright.."
In response to Reply #3

I was kicking around the idea of deleting for a while. Honestly, I just wanted one last PK before I bit the bullet that session. But then Padwei logged on, and I figured it wasn't going to happen. So I decided I'd go out with the Scepter and Codex at least. Better than nothing.

Kharnial (Guest)Tue 02-Sep-08 07:25 PM

#71682, "Pimp character"
In response to Reply #0

I had fun interacting with you. Both from our battles and our little quips about blood, darkness, and the light. When you got that tattoo, I was like...wtf. I have to fight another Baer tattooed elf pally with defiance! And skilled to boot.

If you play again, I think it would be a blast to play on your side. Imagine what we can do!

Good luck.

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 07:34 PM
1054 posts
#71685, "If it makes you feel better, I only had defiance for ab..."
In response to Reply #2

And I refused to go back and get it again. A well played paladin probably shouldn't be going to get that too often, unless you have a rock solid plan for it. Letting your buddies die, just for a sword, seems pretty un-paladinly to me.

I loved your character by the way. Ballsy as hell.

BaerinikaTue 02-Sep-08 07:23 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#71681, "I thought you hated me"
In response to Reply #0

I'm genuinely surprised to see you play a Baer char. I'm very happy about it, but like I said, surprised that was you. I thought I had you pegged for SURE as Nimmers. I sure was wrong!

I enjoyed every interaction I had with you. In fact, the first empowerment was so good it was frustrating - I thought to myself, #### I'm going to have to come up with SOMETHING to challenge this guy with, he's too textbook!

I always tried to play Baer as a young immortal, too stiff in her new title, not really having ideal people skills. In her own way, she was a little afraid (ironically) to show she cared. After that whole Cormindon debacle, a chunk of her melted and she started letting herself care a little more. She really started to lean on Llondo after how supportive he was, and the tattoo and leader were already in the works - both just seemed the perfect time!

So all in all I'm really sad to see you go. There were times I'd be slapping my forehead over a silly death you'd take but I knew I really only had my own religion to blame!

The only criticism I would offer is that I didn't see you play your role quirks as often as I would have expected considering how you listed them out. IE your untrust of half-elves, etc. Then again, all the restrictions you put on yourself would have made it hard to stick to ALL of it, esp when you're in a position where you have to be a leader of the Fortress. Can't exactly say, Oh you're human...I'm not inducting that trash.

Good luck on your next. I really hope to see you again in either of my shrines or cabals. (Though I can tell Nexus is straight out, and that's ok!)

JavaTue 02-Sep-08 07:31 PM
1054 posts
#71684, "RE: I thought you hated me"
In response to Reply #1

Actually my original idea for this characters, was to play a basic textbook Maran Elf paladin. But then I also made it as strict as I could possibly stomach.

The way see Paladins, there is absolutely no faltering on what they believe, regardless of the circumstances. So I tried to play that out.

And yeah.. I had a lot more quirks early on, that I never really got to explore. I don't think I documented it in my role, but I tried to grow out of the distrust I had or humans and halflings. I think it was Vylim I talked to about that at length once, and with him pretty much holding my hand from lvl 5 to hero, I pretty much grew out of that stereotype.

I'm not sure why you think I hated you. I've had a few characters with various levels of immteraction, and had nothing but the best.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #71680 Previous topic | Next topic