Subject: "(DEL) Lyrxovia the Matriarch of Healing" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7023
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 14-Jun-02 10:05 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7023, "(DEL) Lyrxovia the Matriarch of Healing"

Sat Jun 15 00:04:14 2002

1 o''clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Dragon on the Theran calendar Lyrxovia perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:healer
Level:50
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:203
PK Ratio:0% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply One of my best characters I think, Ekirhal, 15-Jun-02 01:32 PM, #3
Reply I fancy myself one of the six killers..:) (n/t), Falkim (Guest), 15-Jun-02 07:36 PM, #4
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, Krivohan, 15-Jun-02 08:57 PM, #5
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, Vladamir, 15-Jun-02 10:01 PM, #7
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, vladamir (Guest), 15-Jun-02 08:57 PM, #6
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, Thalongrim (Guest), 16-Jun-02 12:59 AM, #8
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, MistressZefarah (Guest), 16-Jun-02 06:17 AM, #9
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, Closet Floofite (Guest), 16-Jun-02 09:37 PM, #11
     Reply Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a drow..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 16-Jun-02 10:10 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..., Vladamir, 16-Jun-02 10:19 PM, #13
          Reply RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..., ArChaos, 17-Jun-02 12:51 AM, #14
               Reply RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..., MistressZefarah (Guest), 17-Jun-02 01:35 AM, #15
                    Reply RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..., ArChaos, 17-Jun-02 03:03 AM, #16
                         Reply RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..., Meh (Guest), 17-Jun-02 04:31 AM, #17
                         Reply RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..., Vladamir, 17-Jun-02 01:08 PM, #18
                         Reply You know, several times now Zefarah has suggested..., Vladamir, 17-Jun-02 01:15 PM, #19
                              Reply RE: You know, several times now Zefarah has suggested....., ArChaos, 17-Jun-02 02:17 PM, #20
                                   Reply No. Drow at all. Any drow., Vladamir, 17-Jun-02 06:13 PM, #21
                                        Reply RE: No. Drow at all. Any drow., Krivohan, 17-Jun-02 06:36 PM, #22
                                        Reply Yeah ok, wait no., ArChaos, 18-Jun-02 01:22 AM, #23
                                             Reply Further sources, Graham (Guest), 18-Jun-02 03:55 AM, #24
                                                  Reply Your own post says it pretty plainly..., Vladamir, 18-Jun-02 07:12 PM, #25
Reply RE: One of my best characters I think, Dullameh, 16-Jun-02 11:58 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DEL) Lyrxovia the Matriarch of Healing, Danical (Guest), 14-Jun-02 11:46 PM, #2
Reply Uhh...what the hell?, Vladamir, 14-Jun-02 11:13 PM, #1

EkirhalSat 15-Jun-02 01:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
20 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#7024, "One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #0

Well f*ck. I can’t believe I went and deleted Lyrxovia. I’ll admit it was purely rage. I picked a healer because I don’t deal well with dying at all. Just ask Vladamir . I didn’t die often… 6 times total in 50 ranks. I had so many things I wanted to do with her but now that she’s gone is so typical of how my life has been going lately. As it turns out I’d been working for about 6 weeks trying to put together the perfect set (perfect to me anyway) for her and in 20 seconds a bunch of f*ckers take it all away from me. Oh and here’s the irony: I would’ve got most of it back it seems. The one piece I really wanted Jaslanna got for me but I didn’t realize it until after I deleted and looked back over the log. I only had 4k left until I got to Heroine. I know you all are thinking “Stupid bitch!” and so am I. I’m just so disgusted. Please, people, don’t rage delete. You’ll hate yourself.

Goodbyes:

Vladamir: I hated that you deleted your drow but I understand completely. That RP would have went far I think. Oh and I smashed my keyboard (again… on number 3 now) and kicked in one of my stereo speakers but for the most part I still have a few “breakables” left. Ya know… to be free this is the most expensive game I have ever played.

Zulghinlour: I am soooo sorry. I feel like I let you down. You were my first experience with empowerment and I was very impressed. It wasn’t at all like everyone made it out on the forums. I wanted so much to prove to you that I could achieve what I set out to do. Not sure if you knew this but that nifty title you gave me dropped off as soon as I ranked. But thanks for the interaction. Once I hit heroine I had planned on doing some RP with you. I look forward to interacting with you again.

To the IMP who was the Archmage when we were being raided: Thanks for not booting me. I was sure that was coming. I’ll do better next time.

Tilaen: Thanks for seeking me out. Joining SCION was a big part of my RP. This was my second cabal experience and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We had little time together after I got in but I thought you were a good player.

Dullameh: Not sure what your problem with me was but I couldn’t figure out why you hated me so much.

Urden: Even though you wouldn’t bend to my will… like all male Drow should J I still liked you. You were invaluable in my ranking. Sick sick damage you deal. I was glad I could be there when you hero’d.

Krivohan: Thanks for taking me along. I enjoyed our interactions together.

Maelgwyn, Eleke, Tsaicenfeng: We ranked a bit and I enjoyed the RP between us.

Zefarah: I wish we had gotten the chance to have our "talk." I was looking forward to that.

SCIONS for the most part I found to be a good experience. I have no idea what I’ll do now. I tell myself after breaking 2 or 3 hundred dollars worth of stuff because I get pissed at this game that I’m going to quit. After over 4 years now I think it’s a lost cause. I’ll be back…

Ekirhal

Ekirhal

Falkim (Guest)Sat 15-Jun-02 07:36 PM

#7046, "I fancy myself one of the six killers..:) (n/t)"
In response to Reply #3

nt

KrivohanSat 15-Jun-02 08:57 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7044, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #3

The roleplay angle I saw I really didn't like. There is nothing more annoying than someone who uses the drow language for every single commune. The other thing I saw was you were too dependant on your alias's. It's not that hard to type co reju lion or co rejuv armadillo, but I swear if I changed forms it screwed you all to hell. From interacting with a few of your other characters I can say this was an honest improvement look forward to seeing the next.

Krivohan the Vindicated, High Chancellor of Shapeshifting

VladamirSat 15-Jun-02 10:01 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#7045, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #5

>The roleplay angle I saw I really didn't like. There is nothing more >annoying than someone who uses the drow language for every single >commune.

Yes, how irritating it is to hear someone pray in their native language to their patron saint. Pisses me off when the Jews speak Hebrew when they pray too. Rat bastards.

vladamir (Guest)Sat 15-Jun-02 08:57 PM

#7043, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #3

Vladamir: I hated that you deleted your drow but I understand completely. That RP would have went far I think. Oh and I smashed my keyboard (again… on number 3 now) and kicked in one of my stereo speakers but for the most part I still have a few “breakables” left. Ya know… to be free this is the most expensive game I have ever played.

I hated deleting too. We had the Jabbress/Vhanre RP down to a T. As for CF being expensive for being a free game, prozac is cheap, might wanna look into some. I bet it saves your last few breakables. (Well some of them anyway)

Thalongrim (Guest)Sun 16-Jun-02 12:59 AM

#7042, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #3

I feel rather bad for helping kill you only for you to go and delete. I only did it because of the Scion war and it's Thal's duty. I remember Erikhal the bard, I liked that character. Never had many interactions with this one, but I hope you enjoy your next.

Thalongrim, Lord of the Pool

MistressZefarah (Guest)Sun 16-Jun-02 06:17 AM

#7026, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #3

That's too bad.

I felt our characters got along very well. They acted the part - speaking the drow tongue and dressing fashionably. Most people who select drow just want the auto-sneak and don't really play them out fully.

I found Lyrxovia to be fairly serious and obedient to her cause. Mine by comparison is much cattier and self-absorbed. This difference could have formed the basis of a unique friendship - each trying to understand the other's viewpoint. I was hoping the ladies could have done various things like gossiping, to discussing fashion, advice on disciplining servants, and opening up a massage/beauty parlor. *sigh*

There was no reason to delete. You could have had those things back very easily. Equipment CAN be replaced. Relationships between characters cannot.

I hope your next character will not rage delete. I think you should continue with the drow since you are quite good with it. It would help strengthen the culture in the game.

Closet Floofite (Guest)Sun 16-Jun-02 09:37 PM

#7027, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #9

>They acted the
>part - speaking the drow tongue and dressing fashionably.

I'm sorry that I have to ask this but what the hell do those two things have to do with being a drow?

Lor

MistressZefarah (Guest)Sun 16-Jun-02 10:10 PM

#7028, "Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a drow..."
In response to Reply #11

The drow are obsessed with beauty and elegance, especially where the females are concerned. Their affinity for close-fitting attire, spiders, manacles, and whips is legendary. This is no exception in CF, as many drow areas contain items of this nature. Visit the Lyceum for more on the Drow, as well as the wealth of resources out there on the net.

And speaking in the drow tongue has a lot to do with being a drow. It adds solidarity to the drow community in CF and other MUDs. Even the Lyceum has a drow dictionary you can read. The drow have an incredibly deep culture that can be brought out via language and other behaviors.

VladamirSun 16-Jun-02 10:19 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#7041, "RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..."
In response to Reply #12

And speaking in the drow tongue has a lot to do with being a drow. It adds solidarity to the drow community in CF and other MUDs. Even the Lyceum has a drow dictionary you can read. The drow have an incredibly deep culture that can be brought out via language and other behaviors.

Also, remember the drow are VERY haughty (traditionally) with other races. Why should they sully their fine, exquisite tongues by speaking a lesser language with them? (I will refrain from remarks about you and Lyr and your exquisite tongues)

In my time as Lothaelgcar, I would often speak in drow to my groupmates, even if my Jabbress (mistress, AKA Lyr) wasn't around. Why? Because my character thought in drow. When he muttered to himself it was in drow. When he dreamed, he dreamt drow things. Being a drow isn't just about sneaking and big ouchies from mithril as most people make it out to be. There's a rich and rather regimented culture involved.

ArChaosMon 17-Jun-02 12:51 AM
352 posts
#7029, "RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..."
In response to Reply #12

>The drow are obsessed with beauty and elegance, especially
>where the females are concerned. Their affinity for
>close-fitting attire, spiders, manacles, and whips is
>legendary. This is no exception in CF, as many drow areas
>contain items of this nature. Visit the Lyceum for more on
>the Drow, as well as the wealth of resources out there on
>the net.

So what the ##### do beauty parlours have to do with anything.

Fashion is not style, and drow do not "gossip" like fucking fishwives

MistressZefarah (Guest)Mon 17-Jun-02 01:35 AM

#7030, "RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..."
In response to Reply #14

>So what the ##### do beauty parlours have to do with
>anything.

Drow cities contain many beauty and massage parlors. It is a symbol of class and privilege, and a way of life. Read more drow literature for further information.

>
>Fashion is not style, and drow do not "gossip" like fucking
>fishwives

They have a very intricate social life of their own, complete with family disputes and love scandal. You don't think they gossip while at massage parlors? They are constantly weaving webs of deceit using any of their abilities. There is a lower class consisting of warriors, and there is a noble class consisting more political characters. With respect to the latter, gossip, rumors, and lies are a very common occurence in drow society.

ta-ta

ArChaosMon 17-Jun-02 03:03 AM
352 posts
#7031, "RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..."
In response to Reply #15

>Drow cities contain many beauty and massage parlors. It is a
>symbol of class and privilege, and a way of life. Read more
>drow literature for further information.

I've never heard of that...

>They have a very intricate social life of their own,
>complete with family disputes and love scandal.

Um, intricate power plays yes, but not "love" lifes or anything. The guiding force for Drow is power and social standing.

>You don't
>think they gossip while at massage parlors?

Whilst getting a blue rinse?

>They are
>constantly weaving webs of deceit using any of their
>abilities.

Yes, but they do not gossip like fish wives. Deceit is not gossiping like oiks.

> There is a lower class consisting of warriors,
>and there is a noble class consisting more political
>characters. With respect to the latter, gossip, rumors, and
>lies are a very common occurence in drow society.

Yes, but I cannot see nobles having a good natter about what Doris the Archmage did last week down at the slave pits.

Rumours, lies, powerplays, manipulation, guile, cunning are drowish.
Gossiping is telling your mate who snogged who at the disco last week.

Basicaly i'm trying to refute your claims that "this is what a drow should be and anyone who doesn't play like that has poor rp". Drow are Evil Chaotic, not Bitchy Chaotic.

Meh (Guest)Mon 17-Jun-02 04:31 AM

#7040, "RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..."
In response to Reply #16

> Drow are Evil Chaotic, not Bitchy Chaotic.

I have to disagree here. Most Female Drow are bitchy to one another, and their whole Mistress/Slave system is far from Chaotic. I'd say Drow cities contain more order than most, instead of most people having the freedom to do almost anything they want, they're enslaved and forced to do this and that.

That's my view anyway.

VladamirMon 17-Jun-02 01:08 PM
1179 posts
#7039, "RE: Fashion and language have a lot to do with being a ..."
In response to Reply #16

>I've never heard of that...

I have.

>Um, intricate power plays yes, but not "love" lifes or
>anything. The guiding force for Drow is power and social
>standing.

Yes, and what could possibly give one female more power over a rival than sniping behind her back, lowering her foes worth in the eyes of another drow female? Drow females are NOTORIOUS gossips. Think high school, with white hair.

>Whilst getting a blue rinse?

Or whatever they get.

>Yes, but they do not gossip like fish wives. Deceit is not
>gossiping like oiks.

Certainly it is. "Well Lyrxovia, *I* heard that Dulla likes to dress up in shiny gold armor and parade around his bedroom making his zombies bow to him and say things like 'Oh sir knight, we are grateful to you for saving our town from that dreadful lich. Here, take my eldest daughters virtue as a reward'. But please don't tell anyone I told you."
She has now both undermined Dulla, and at the same time if Lyrxovia breathes a word of it to someone else, she can also now add "Well you know, you can't say a THING to that Lyrxovia, she can't be trusted with secrets. Why just the other day...". Drow women are VERY spiteful, catty and love to gossip behind just about everyone they knows backs.

>
>Yes, but I cannot see nobles having a good natter about what
>Doris the Archmage did last week down at the slave pits.

Then you know ##### about drow females and their society, not to put too fine a point on it.

>Rumours, lies, powerplays, manipulation, guile, cunning are
>drowish.
>Gossiping is telling your mate who snogged who at the disco
>last week.

And you don't think for a society that places such strict standards on social interaction, that a gossip, true or not, couldn't be a deadly thing? Imagine a drow matriarch, who was suddenly a laughingstock because everyone heard she was seen being banged by Sven the slaveboy, a donkey and 50 feet of barbed wire. Imagine her power base crumbling because of her lowered social status. Now imagine Lyrxovia casually stepping in to gather the support of those people who formerly supported the other matriarch.

>Basicaly i'm trying to refute your claims that "this is what
>a drow should be and anyone who doesn't play like that has
>poor rp". Drow are Evil Chaotic, not Bitchy Chaotic.

You really are just talking out your ass on this. Noone is saying anyone who doesn't play like this is showing poor roleplaying skills. However those who do maintain this sort of a role are doing a vastly better job than those who play their drow as basically a human in a dark suit.

Drow women don't gossip for the sake of gossip itself. It's a power thing. To a society where social standing is the key to power, remember, a gossip is the magic bullet to bring down your foe. Sure it won't kill them literally, but they sure may be wishing they were dead when Sven the slaveboy takes his donkey and goes to Lyrxovias house, leaving his mistress slaveless, donkeyless and barbed wireless.

VladamirMon 17-Jun-02 01:15 PM
1179 posts
#7032, "You know, several times now Zefarah has suggested..."
In response to Reply #16

...you read more on the drow.You really may want to take her suggestion before posting anything else, since you're just wrong in so many ways that it would take me a month of sundays to explain the sheer wrongness you're exhibiting. I don't know what you're basing your opinions on, but it's certainly not based on being well informed, I can say that much.

ArChaosMon 17-Jun-02 02:17 PM
352 posts
#7033, "RE: You know, several times now Zefarah has suggested....."
In response to Reply #19

Would that be CF drow?

VladamirMon 17-Jun-02 06:13 PM
1179 posts
#7034, "No. Drow at all. Any drow."
In response to Reply #20

Drow in every fantasy setting I have ever seen, live a tightly regimented life. Each person is born knowing their role in society, and anyone who can't or won't fit into their pre-disposed role, is cast out or killed. You keep saying things like "Evil Chaotic" but a chaotic drow (Again if we go by the standards set by historical drow society) is truly a rare thing. They lead a VERY VERY ordered life. They hate chaos. Everything has it's place, and noone and nothing should step out of place.

KrivohanMon 17-Jun-02 06:36 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#7038, "RE: No. Drow at all. Any drow."
In response to Reply #21

I don't know what you have been reading. I also suggest you remember there is more than one drow city.

Krivohan the Vindicated, High Chancellor of Shapeshifting

ArChaosTue 18-Jun-02 01:22 AM
352 posts
#7035, "Yeah ok, wait no."
In response to Reply #21

The Way of Lloth
by Jlaaxix Vscophy

In all the world of the drow, there is no more important word. It is the calling of our-religion, the incessant pulling of hungering heartstrings. Ambition overrides good sense and compassion is thrown away in its face, all in the name of Lloth, the Spider Queen.

Ascension to power in drow society is a simple process of assassination. The Spider Queen is a deity of chaos, and she and her high priestesses, the true rulers of the drow world, do not look with ill favor upon ambitious individuals wielding poisoned daggers.

Of course, there are rules of behavior; every society must boast of these. To openly commit murder or wage war invites the pretense of justice, and penalties exacted in the name of drow justice are merciless. To stick a dagger in the back of a rival during the chaos of a larger battle or in the quiet shadows of any alley, however, is quite acceptable-even applauded. Investigation is not the forte of drow justice. No one cares enough to bother

Considering in any place i've looked Lloth is EVIL CHAOTIC and is one of the biggest patron gods of the drow, i kinda think they are into chaotic stuff in a big way. As Krivohan states, look around, there are more houses than just the fishwives.

Yeah Oaken, I got 0wn3d

Graham (Guest)Tue 18-Jun-02 03:55 AM

#7036, "Further sources"
In response to Reply #23

Still no gossiping fish wives. I'm sorry Vladimir, you wanted me to look everywhere but I still can't see anything..

You say this information is -everywhere-?

One of the first things that I shall explain is the one that a lot of races do not understand. The Drow Hierarchy. The Drow society is Matriarchal. Drow females are stronger and more powerful than the males. Drow males are treated more as servants than people and are there to do the bidding of the females. The highest-ranking male is still lower than the lowest ranked female. Marriage as such does not exist. Matron Mothers often have more than one patron. Only one is the current patron. When they are no longer needed they are either sacrificed to Lolth or put to work within the house. Other females may take, then discard, males when they please. Females treat males with contempt.
Social Standing and the favour of Lolth are the most important things to understand when dealing with the Drow. In every city there are Drow noble houses and it is the goal to become first house. This is done in many ways. However, the most common one is through murder. The drow have laws to punish these murders but the legal system has enough holes in it to get round the problem of prosecution. To give you an example: - House A is ranked 22. House B is ranked 23. House B want the position of House A so plan to dispose of them. To do this they must kill every noble in House A. If one noble survives then they have the right of accusation. If a noble of House A survived then they could name the house that tried to destroy them, in this case House B. House B would then be killed off completely, leaving no surviving nobles, as punishment for their crime. If House B managed to wipe out House A completely then they would move up in the house rankings to 22 and all those houses beneath them would move up accordingly. House A would then be considered to have never existed at all.
Drow like to give and receive massages - long, skilled massages involving scented oils, hot water and steam. This is close to ultimate luxury for them.
Drow enjoy magic, and exult in wielding its unleashed power. New spells and effects fascinate them.
Drow love beauty - the beauty of sculpture and made items (especially weapons) and the beauty of the body. Drow of both sexes are proud of displaying their physiques - and all children exhibiting any physical deficiency are slain.
Beneath these "blood" members and officials of the House rank its common warriors, its craftspeople, its servants, and its slaves. All ranks are decreed, and can be changed at the whim of, the matron mother. Her position changes at death - often at the hands of her eldest daughter.
Station is the most impotant thing in drow life. It is the heirarchy in which power is distributed. Each person from the matron mother of the first house to the lowly asset in the last merchant house has a certain amount of station. We would call it in our world authority. The main goal in drow life is to achieve more station. The primary tool to gain station is assassination. Brothers will try to kill each other as long as a higher station is achieved in the process. The main cause of this is Lolth, the goddess of chaos. What better way to cause chaos than to kill a superior? And justice????
Justice is just a pretense to avoid open warfare.

VladamirTue 18-Jun-02 07:12 PM
1179 posts
#7037, "Your own post says it pretty plainly..."
In response to Reply #24

Status is everything, and everyone knows their role in society. Anyone who knows anything at all about a society based on social standing, knows how devastating a few carefully spread rumors can topple someone they want to see fall.
Examples? Clinton. Duke. Falwell. Condit. Need I say more about how devastating a rummor, true or not, can tear someone down, or at the least distract them so they never see the knife coming for their back?

DullamehSun 16-Jun-02 11:58 AM
11 posts
#7025, "RE: One of my best characters I think"
In response to Reply #3

Eh, don't take it so personally. I, as a player didn't hate Lyrxovia, and Dullameh didn't hate her either. He's like that to pretty much everyone.

Danical (Guest)Fri 14-Jun-02 11:46 PM

#7047, "RE: (DEL) Lyrxovia the Matriarch of Healing"
In response to Reply #0

I was sitting there with your gear, sent you a tell and noticed you were gone. I'm sorry to see you go ooc, but IC Danical will be happy to have another healer of the scions gone. Just that one bugger left! Anyway, I actually had quite a bite to return, sorry you didn't stick around, luck with the next one.

Danical

VladamirFri 14-Jun-02 11:13 PM
1179 posts
#7048, "Uhh...what the hell?"
In response to Reply #0

I'm wondering if you have any breakables left in your house right now. Somehow, I'm doubting it...

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #7023 Previous topic | Next topic