Subject: "(DEL) Graakur the Weaponsmaster" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6928
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 11-Jun-02 01:18 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6928, "(DEL) Graakur the Weaponsmaster"

Tue Jun 11 15:17:42 2002

12 o''clock AM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Long Shadows on the Theran calendar Graakur perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:154
PK Ratio:78% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Graakur the Weaponsmaster, Karel, 11-Jun-02 02:26 PM, #1
     Reply I deleted because I like this game too #@*! much., Graakur (Guest), 11-Jun-02 03:16 PM, #2
          Reply RE: I deleted because I like this game too #@*! much., Karel, 11-Jun-02 05:18 PM, #3
          Reply So does this mean Johan is gone for good?, Karhon (Guest), 12-Jun-02 01:14 AM, #4
          Reply Harsh, Dwimmerling (Guest), 12-Jun-02 06:01 PM, #5
          Reply RE: I deleted because I like this game too #@*! much., Krivohan, 15-Jun-02 08:45 PM, #6

KarelTue 11-Jun-02 02:26 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6929, "RE: (DEL) Graakur the Weaponsmaster"
In response to Reply #0

Well, enjoyed playing next to you as Mordan, tried to help you out when I could. The fact that you chose daggers as your second specs surprised me, but the way I see it, any felar warrior that doesn't go with the standard spear/hand specs has my respect...as long as they aren't idiots (points at the felar with the spear and polearms...). No idea why you deleted, but I certainly won't judge it, I've deleted for every reason a couple times and more over the years. Curious to hear who you were in past lives, remember you saying something about it in your post under Mordan...

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Graakur (Guest)Tue 11-Jun-02 03:16 PM

#6930, "I deleted because I like this game too #@*! much."
In response to Reply #1

I actually really liked my specs. I always wanted to have a felar spear/dagger - but in hindsight I wish I'd done dagger first. The first 40 ranks were brutally boring (spear is effective, but boring). Felar made a great tank but the weight limit/lack of bash is crushing for my style of PKing. I had a couple of fun fights, but the best part to this character were my deaths. I had some astoundingly stupid deaths - the best of any character I've played My amazing Roleplaying angle of "Under the Radar obedient Scion" was kind of interesting, too.

Basically, I'm getting married in four weeks, travelling to Europe for four weeks, and then starting first year law a week after I return. I rolled up this char to mess around and blow off steam from writing area descriptions with my failed heroimm (Johan) and even when my heroimm fell into inactivity, I started pulling all nighters with Graakur, just making rounds alone, gathering preps, the same crazy/stupid things I do with every character. I dunno - if I don't delete, I was bound to start blowing off little real life details in the next month that are very important.. like getting my passport in order It gets to the point where every minute I spend on CF is a minute I should be doing something "important". That, and I felt guilty about keeping a semi-active char after losing a heroimm into inactivity.

I fought Karel a few times as Johan, a Maran storm warrior - dealing with Mordan made you a much less one dimensional presence in my "CF life".

KarelTue 11-Jun-02 05:18 PM
569 posts
#6934, "RE: I deleted because I like this game too #@*! much."
In response to Reply #2

Johan...ya remember him. You have a penchant for spears? Well, not really surprising when I think about it, well played both ways, and have to agree with you on the inactivity heroimm while playing a mortal...

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Karhon (Guest)Wed 12-Jun-02 01:14 AM

#6933, "So does this mean Johan is gone for good?"
In response to Reply #2

If so, it's a real bummer. I really liked you as Johan, even though we only talked once. I even liked you as Graakur, felt slightly intimidated by him, being as he tooled me just last night at the fortress. He was probably one of my favorite enemies because of the fact that there was no ranting between us after our fights, from either side.

Dwimmerling (Guest)Wed 12-Jun-02 06:01 PM

#6932, "Harsh"
In response to Reply #2

Our loss, really.
Email me if you feel like it, I'd like to chat with you.

jacobhiettlives@hotmail.com

Dwim/Groll/Aluria

KrivohanSat 15-Jun-02 08:45 PM
80 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#6931, "RE: I deleted because I like this game too #@*! much."
In response to Reply #2

Good luck. I'd have never guessed you were Johan. I'll see you when you return. We both know you'll be back and if you need lessons on how to deal with that woman drop me an e-mail.

Krivohan the Vindicated, High Chancellor of Shapeshifting

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6928 Previous topic | Next topic