Subject: "(DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6887
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 04-Jun-02 06:47 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6887, "(DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass"

Tue Jun 4 20:44:59 2002

11 o''clock AM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of Futility on the Theran calendar Austyn perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:42
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:240
PK Ratio:36% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Heh, Couillard, 05-Jun-02 02:50 PM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass, Austyn (Guest), 04-Jun-02 07:18 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass, Nilushka1 (Guest), 04-Jun-02 07:26 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass, Gjaheb (Guest), 05-Jun-02 04:15 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass, Falkim (Guest), 05-Jun-02 09:08 AM, #5
Reply RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass, Eroek (Guest), 08-Jun-02 06:20 PM, #7
Reply Yes, well, Abgaakij (Guest), 09-Jun-02 03:16 PM, #8
Reply Figured you were due out on con soon enough, Jaslanna (Guest), 10-Jun-02 03:37 PM, #9
Reply Doh!, KatistrofiK, 04-Jun-02 06:54 PM, #1

CouillardWed 05-Jun-02 02:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#6888, "Heh"
In response to Reply #0

I posted a log of you as gridde on dios that started a flame war got me banned from there. I wanted to say thanks; I get a lot less headaches now that I don't go there.

Austyn (Guest)Tue 04-Jun-02 07:18 PM

#6889, "RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass"
In response to Reply #0

Actually this was a CON death first of all, I just didnt feel like hanging around for a half-hour as a ghost.

I was SO close to being able to stick around as Austyn, yet once again his ill-luck did him in. Ill admit im a mediocore player but ive been playing for years and ive never had a character die so often as Austyn from mob deaths. Its almost fitting he died to a mob as his last death.

Anyways, it was pretty fun, created him too check out a couple legacies and am disaapointed I fell short of the mark. Ill probably create another Village warrior pretty soon, because im still interested in testing out a couple legacies and ive always liked the Village. Been a Scion and Warlock, and dont really like any of the other cabals much.

Anyways I wasnt really trying very hard to RP with Austyn, pretty straight forward duergar warrior. Been RP heavy before and it gets tiring sometimes, just wanted to fight this time, another reason i picked the Village and will again.

My Shout-outs:

Village:

Ereok: I hope they make you a Villager again, personally I think you deserve a second chance Dirty Bird. You were fun to mess with and make fun of, not to mention hand his feathers too in a fight.

Rhuean: I see you becoming the next Commander honestly, your the most kick-ass fighter in the Village amongst the ones Austyn came up with in my honest opinion, and your not even a Berserker, you just kick butt.

Haas: You get the most improved recruit award, im glad I reccomended you.

Falkim: Are you rping a jerk or are you that way naturally? Heh, nothing personal but austyn liked your spunk but still thought you took things too seriously. Maybe you harbored ill feelings after me turning down your rec? Always wondered if you did....

Shamus: Good job filling up the Village with capable talent, It was hell being in the 30s with NO other villager in my range. That is where I lost most of my health. Just wish that note I sent about my health had garnered me a shot for a vitality quest, guess I didnt deserve one I suppose. Was it because I made mention of it? I just didnt want to die and find out that if id mentioned it i may have got a shot for a Vitality quest...

Many others, so ill leave at that, only advice id say for the Village is to keep them recruits coming, there is just no beating the Village when it has the proper numbers to call itself an army. Just wish I could have been around a bit longer.

Nexus:

GOD A FEW MORE RANKS AND ID HAVE HANDED NYDEIKON HIS BUTT ON A PLATTTER!!!

Sorry, I REALLY wanted to fight you...

Sorry i died before I could.

Abajakkij...whatever...the damned tiger: Was nice fighting you, you made me realize that fighting forms wasnt nearly as scary as it looks. heh.

Sylvans:

I REALLY hate the exploitation you make of the Village truce with you.
Fact is, Austyn hates magi mostly and could care less about nature, the fact that you hunted him knowing that he had no backup from the Village sickens me. Go pick on some Scions next time.

Scions:

Jaslanna : wish I could have killed you, you were one tough nut to crack, im glad I got at least one kill on you. Probably more than most.

Muubai: Hahahahahahahaha. Nuff said. You were a damned good fighter regardless.

Gjaheb: Man I had a rock hard on for killing you, just ONCE I wish I knew for sure whether you were a Scion or not. I seriously wanted you dead, guess that means you were doing a good job.

Awwwwwooooogggggaaaaaaaa!!!!!

Nilushka1 (Guest)Tue 04-Jun-02 07:26 PM

#6895, "RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass"
In response to Reply #2

Well.. I'm happy to know that you included me in your Shout-Out. *smirk* Anyhow, not staying around for that last half hour meant you missed us getting a cabal item and killing two people in your memory.(notice one certain Scion deleted after, as well)

Anyhow.. I had the oddest feelings about you. On the one hand, you recommended me, which is good. You were very dedicated.. strong heart, but you died *WAY* too much, and honestly, I think Shamus and I, as well as the Lords were as leniant to you as we were, was because of how much heart you had.. and how no matter how rough things looked, you'd still charge around with maces flailing.. though this ultimately lead to your demise. Ah well. From what I knew of you, I seemed to like. I seemed to pass you by pretty quick in advancing, too. Ah well. Until next time.

Nil.

Gjaheb (Guest)Wed 05-Jun-02 04:15 AM

#6894, "RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass"
In response to Reply #2

first of all you deserve all respect for sticking it out to con-die... that time when you cheated me out of a cloak in the duel in the inn because i wasn't enough looking hard enough at your gear pissed me off.. so i got you back... i just about allways took some precautions fighting youi (duergar mace zerkers, aren't your favourite oponent as an assassin.). I can't recall dieing to you but you and Nilushka ganked me at the nightwalker... but you died before i fell. keep on trucking man.

/gjaheb

Falkim (Guest)Wed 05-Jun-02 09:08 AM

#6893, "RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass"
In response to Reply #2

>Falkim: Are you rping a jerk or are you that way naturally?
>Heh, nothing personal but austyn liked your spunk but still
>thought you took things too seriously. Maybe you harbored
>ill feelings after me turning down your rec? Always wondered
>if you did....

Well, Falkim tried to be hard on you cause he felt he had something to prove to you. So, in a way, you turning him down for the rec really made him want to be better than what you thought he was. Which is a good thing...really...heh

Now from the player perspective. You reminded me too much of myself earlier in my battlerager career. Always ready to fight, running around with two smith irons and a loin clothe foaming at the mouth. Seriously, its eerie. I tried to help you when I could, but most of the time you were like 8-10 ranks head of me, until the end when I finally caught up to you. I really enjoyed talking to you about your rec, I tried to stick to my guns, and I think I may have gotten under your skin as the player..which may have shown through in your character. No matter, roll up another man. Its always better the second time through.

Falkim

Eroek (Guest)Sat 08-Jun-02 06:20 PM

#6892, "RE: (DEL) Austyn the Master of Brass"
In response to Reply #2

Son of a bitch. I got in some trouble and haven't been able to get on, won't be able to for at least another week, really wish you wouldn't have deleted. You did a good job. I wanted to fight you again, realy bad. We'll see what happens with the village thing. You were probably Eroek's best friend, even if you were a stinkin gully dwarf that got rubbed down by young boys. Har!

Abgaakij (Guest)Sun 09-Jun-02 03:16 PM

#6891, "Yes, well"
In response to Reply #2

I think there must've been a toning down of the tiger, it misses all the time and pounces every third time someone tries to flee from you, it should be constant. I suspect it has been toned down. or the fight I posted on dios where shamus kicks my ass when I'm using a/b/s. if anything I'd say many utility forms are wey better in combat, both hyena and gorilla. hyena which I've seen kick the behinds of a tiger.

Jaslanna (Guest)Mon 10-Jun-02 03:37 PM

#6890, "Figured you were due out on con soon enough"
In response to Reply #2

I was quite annoyed you actually took me down that time. Was carelessness on my part. I always enjoyed having you about because I knew we would run into eachother. I thought it was funny that when I fell...well...you know what happened. I usually return equipment from those that fall...though there are some that the favor of looting is returned quite notably.

KatistrofiKTue 04-Jun-02 06:54 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
#6896, "Doh!"
In response to Reply #0

I was rooting(sp?) for you. I had seen you around a few times, and we even fought on occasion. I was playing Nezyhn at the time and always saw you on and fighting well, for the most part. Other than that, I didn't really know you, but damn it's a damper to see you delete. GLOTN and all that.

Nezyhn/Lohrn

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #6887 Previous topic | Next topic