Subject: "(DEL) <WARLOCK> Kardonian the Preceptor of the Golden T..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #637
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 20-Apr-01 10:29 AM
Member since 19th Apr 2024
16793 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#637, "(DEL) Kardonian the Preceptor of the Golden Tower"

Fri Apr 20 12:28:45 2001

11 o''clock AM, Day of Deception, 30th of the Month of the Battle on the Theran calendar Kardonian perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:WARLOCK, the Warlocks of the Golden Grimoire
Hours:493
PK Ratio:78% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply These Old Bones, Kardonian (Guest) (Guest), 20-Apr-01 11:23 AM, #1
     Reply I applaud you.., Oddjob, 20-Apr-01 01:37 PM, #2
     Reply RE: These Old Bones, Disola (Guest) (Guest), 20-Apr-01 02:41 PM, #3
     Reply Bye, Kard, Balrahd (Guest) (Guest), 21-Apr-01 10:26 AM, #4
     Reply Farewellss Preceptorss...hehe, Caslandrien (Guest) (Guest), 21-Apr-01 05:46 PM, #5
     Reply Bye, Kardonian--- From Cwadu, The Prophet (Guest), 23-Apr-01 08:09 AM, #6
     Reply RE: These Old Bones, Gerandin (Guest), 23-Apr-01 09:34 AM, #7

Kardonian (Guest) (Guest)Fri 20-Apr-01 11:23 AM

#638, "These Old Bones"
In response to Reply #0

Well 493 hours later, the time has come. Kardonian is no more. I must say that I've had a blast with this character. I hope those who interacted with me did the same.

I had hoped to age die this character and had set that as my final goal but Father Time wouldn't allow it. While I probably had a good 50/100 hours left in me, I did not have the time to commit to him. I enjoyed Kardonian so much that I did not want to have him sitting by hording eq waiting for me to have the time to play him or waiting to make a hell trip with a bunch of total strangers.

I've had a harder and harder time logging on lately, and have had this big guilty feeling for not logging on (downside of being leader - sorry applicats, especially to that one guy in Europe I talked to that one day).

The worst part of it is that I've done just about everyhing I could have done on CF with this character. There are only two areas that I have never explored, not counting Hell (which I've been through the 6th level with other characters) and I just don't have the time available in a block big enough to do the things I have left to do.

Thank you Nepenthe for the Silent Tower, That sparked a new life in me. That is what kept me going before the Tower fell.

I was so annoyed that everything quest wise with the Tower falling all happening when I was not in the game that I could have almost screamed. It seemed like everytime I logged on something else big had happened that I missed. It was probably better because I would have ended up attacking Valguarnera if ever it was near me, no matter how that would have fallen with the imms. I probably still would have to this day if the opportunity ever presented itself.

Then the whole idea of the Warlocks and the Fortress brought new life into the character. I had sworn that as a Master I would never become leader, but I could not turn down being leader of Warlocks.

To those Scions the past few weeks, Hejduk probably noticed this as much as anyone. As I struggled to enjoy this character I would run around and do stupid and un-Kardonian things, like pillaring groups of 5+ scions who all knew I was coming. So much for the Explorer/Scholar I started out as.

I've intereacted with so many people it is hard to remember everyone's names. Don't feel bad if I don't mention you.

Anterrabae. What can I say? We had a nack for not being able to go to the Silent Tower together, though it seemed that one of us was practically always there. Thanks for everything.

Balrahd. Oh boy the first paladin I had ever met who earned the name. You were amazing, I felt safer with you about then I did with my pet goose. Its too bad our times overlaped so little.

The Goose. I mean Airella Thanks for being such a punching bag for me. We've gone just about everywhere together.

Ambrose. Thanks for being there at the end and helping me make my last action as Kardonian retrieving the Grimoire.

Warlocks. I worked hard building a solid foundation for the Tower, keep the faith. I know you'll do my memory proud.

The Twins. I'm still not convinced that you are not played by the same person, but either way you do a hell of a job guiding the Warlocks and they are interesting characters. Believe it or not, I had not lost faith that time we talked when you sensed what I feel now. I guess that third eye of yours does work after all.

Immortals. Thanks for a hell of a game. Thanks also for that quest spell. While not the player killer ability that others got, it was fun to play with. If it wasn't for the crap I got for my "bad gas" I probably would have used it more often.

To everyone else. Its a game. Enjoy yourselves! To hell with practicing, secret wand locations and the like, have fun with it. You'll get out of CF what you put into it.

Now lets see, a Scarab, or a Scion, which shall I roll up next?

See ya around the fields!

OddjobFri 20-Apr-01 01:37 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
345 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#644, "I applaud you.."
In response to Reply #1

OK..I first interacted you although on a limited basis as Gilauxia in the tower. Even though we studied together you were strong minded in your good alignment andI was a necromancer purist so I think we stayed away from each other at the time. But you did a great job. Then as Kriwegel who I dont think has autodeleted yet but..well I am going to let him so I may as well say I played him. My heart just was not into that char but I did love being around you. There were so many stale times in warlocks and as soon as you logged on the heros sprung into action and things got exciting, (somewhat :p).

YOu did a great job with every aspect and I feel bad that I couldnt muster the interest in Kriwegel to speak more with you. Now I havent played cf in weeks but still check back to see great chars like this die off.

*Clap clap*
Oddjob.

POSTER'S DISCLAIMER: "Of course....I don't play anymore, but its just my 2 cents."

Disola (Guest) (Guest)Fri 20-Apr-01 02:41 PM

#643, "RE: These Old Bones"
In response to Reply #1

Well I thank you again! You made Disola very fun to play..I always looked forward to running around with you. Especially since I was the maze master!!!! heeeeeee, well hopefully I will be able to meet you in the fields again sometime. Great knowing you.

Dissy

Balrahd (Guest) (Guest)Sat 21-Apr-01 10:26 AM

#642, "Bye, Kard"
In response to Reply #1

Nothing but good things to say about you.

Like I said before, coming to trust and enjoy you and the former masters now inside the Golden Tower was one of the highest points of joining the Maran for me. It was totally unexpected (I thought having a "cb" would be more than enough) and just a very fun thing. As far as safety - with you in a group, I got a feeling where I couldn't see how we could fail

You did a hell of a job and good luck out there!

Balrahd

Caslandrien (Guest) (Guest)Sat 21-Apr-01 05:46 PM

#641, "Farewellss Preceptorss...hehe"
In response to Reply #1

I respected your charactor before I joined the Warlocks. I did witness you beat the heck out of 3 scions during a raid...thats what I put in my role....with some embelishment.

I met you briefly with another charactor of mine..(Dafanshai)...and helped you equip a bit. You were only one in the tower who seemed interesting....so I rolled up a warlock..

I never got to interact much with you after I heroed...

Well done...and I hope you dont play a Scarab..*shiver*(for my sake)

The Prophet (Guest)Mon 23-Apr-01 08:09 AM

#640, "Bye, Kardonian--- From Cwadu"
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go, old friend. Cwadu still ticks so I don't want to say a few things i feel, but wasn't it fun being the "first" in a new Cabal? I think I would have deleted already if I wasn't the first character inducted into Warlocks.

Trying to get that killer spirit back now (after changing jobs, in the process of moving, much crapola going on in RL)...

Hope to interaact w/ your next character.

Cwadu

Gerandin (Guest)Mon 23-Apr-01 09:34 AM

#639, "RE: These Old Bones"
In response to Reply #1

Another really impressive character in the Warlocks. Former Masters did a wonderful job getting this part of the fortress up and running. I had hoped to interact more with you, and from inside of the Fortress.

Well done.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #637 Previous topic | Next topic