Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Ilmdrin Auvry Ndar the Shinan, Initiat..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63486
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 16-Nov-07 12:04 PM
Member since 29th Sep 2024
17191 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63486, "(DELETED) [None] Ilmdrin Auvry Ndar the Shinan, Initiate of the Onyx Scarab"

Fri Nov 16 11:00:24 2007

At 6 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Ilmdrin perished, never to return.

Race:dark-elf
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:None, None
Hours:354

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply So I had to ask about Cyradia, N b M (Guest), 19-Nov-07 10:20 AM, #17
Reply Well, its nice to see you don't give a ####, N b M (Guest), 29-Nov-07 06:14 PM, #19
     Reply You are gonna feel like a horrible ass after reading th..., Kads (Guest), 30-Nov-07 01:15 AM, #20
          Reply Eh...you're joking right? -nt-, Mek (Guest), 30-Nov-07 01:20 AM, #21
               Reply Yes, he's kidding..., Cyradia, 30-Nov-07 03:51 PM, #22
                    Reply RE: Yes, he's kidding..., N b M (Guest), 30-Nov-07 06:21 PM, #23
                         Reply RE: Yes, he's kidding..., Cyradia, 30-Nov-07 07:06 PM, #24
                              Reply RE: Yes, he's kidding..., N b M (Guest), 30-Nov-07 08:51 PM, #25
                                   Reply Scarab as a Cabal, Zulghinlour, 30-Nov-07 10:53 PM, #26
Reply Very nice., Lyristeon, 17-Nov-07 06:42 PM, #14
Reply Tres cool., Throkk (Guest), 17-Nov-07 05:57 PM, #13
Reply A nice addition to the fields..., Krengrar (Guest), 17-Nov-07 12:29 PM, #11
Reply Great Character, Braemir, 16-Nov-07 11:26 PM, #8
Reply RE: Great Character, N b M (Guest), 17-Nov-07 11:49 AM, #10
Reply Man oh man, where to begin, Ilmdrin (Guest), 16-Nov-07 07:04 PM, #6
Reply RE: Man oh man, where to begin, Cyth (Guest), 16-Nov-07 08:13 PM, #7
Reply Never saw much other than the blade side., Elemek (Guest), 17-Nov-07 07:33 PM, #15
Reply Great evil bastard!, Pesawwkt (Guest), 19-Nov-07 08:51 PM, #18
Reply Awesome character, Linaeren_ (Guest), 16-Nov-07 05:55 PM, #5
Reply Great char., Twist, 16-Nov-07 02:33 PM, #4
Reply Great character., Hrefnwik (Guest), 17-Nov-07 02:45 PM, #12
Reply Oh, my lovely Drow..., Sybea (Guest), 16-Nov-07 01:12 PM, #3
Reply thank you., Lycastanblix (Guest), 16-Nov-07 12:42 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ilmdrin Auvry Ndar the Shinan, Ini..., Patick, 16-Nov-07 12:19 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Ilmdrin Auvry Ndar the Shinan, Ini..., N b M (Guest), 17-Nov-07 11:47 AM, #9
          Reply heh, Patick, 18-Nov-07 01:57 AM, #16

N b M (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-07 10:20 AM

#63571, "So I had to ask about Cyradia"
In response to Reply #0

Was she satisfied with the scarab roleplay, impressed, or just plain old disappointed?
Cause it seemed like she hinted at something more, but then I never did see her again for the rest of Ilmdrins days.

N b M (Guest)Thu 29-Nov-07 06:14 PM

#63789, "Well, its nice to see you don't give a ####"
In response to Reply #17

Scratch me saying that I think scarab needs to come back and that it would add a dynamic to the game.

Unless of course Scarabaeous' awsome ass comes back!

Kads (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-07 01:15 AM

#63792, "You are gonna feel like a horrible ass after reading th..."
In response to Reply #19

But Cyradia suffered a horrible accident while trying to breed some sharks and had both of her hands severely mangled. The doctors think that she will make a full recovery but it will be a while before she can post again. Hopefully by then your sense of entitlement will have faded.

Much love

Mek (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-07 01:20 AM

#63793, "Eh...you're joking right? -nt-"
In response to Reply #20

sdgsdg

CyradiaFri 30-Nov-07 03:51 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63813, "Yes, he's kidding..."
In response to Reply #21

Besides, I don't breed sharks. I breed a special line of killer guppies genetically selected to hunt down forum jerks and bite their jugular...I'm just having some problem with their perpetual water suits. Feel free to pre-order yours now for the Christmas holiday.

That said, I only have so many hours to dedicate to CF. The priority order right now, in order, is:

Administrative Tasks (yeah, sorry...they're not sexy, but do you like seeing new religions and areas in the game?)

Roleplaying with my followers

Support tasks to coders (helpfiles are a good example of this)

Adding to new feature idea discussions

Answering all of my CF email

Checking 'ask an immortal' CF forum

Reading other forums

I very rarely read the battlefield. I'm sorry I missed your question and I'm sorry you felt the need to post some immature jab because of it. As a side note...I'm not in some weird OOC competition with Scar. He's a great guy, if you want to wish for him back, go for it.

As to your character, I thought it was really good. My one complaint was I never seemed to cross paths with you. I looked for you on, especially right after I tattooed, you, but didn't have any luck. I've started going to bed earlier and earlier, as my two current employments have me starting mighty early in the morning...so I expect that was the problem. I don't tattoo many people...the mark alone should have answered your question.

N b M (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-07 06:21 PM

#63817, "RE: Yes, he's kidding..."
In response to Reply #22

Good to know you have both hands still, but guppies bite too..? So be careful.

I didn't mean it as a jab at you, I just simply figured you stopped caring to really log on. And if you didn't have time to pop into the 350 hour life of a character one more time then you definately would not have time to open up and run a roleplay intensive cabal.

That said, the one interaction was awsome, and I wish there would have been more. Scarab definately would add an awsome twist to the game, basically being less then friendly with all the other evils except possibly evil outlanders. It is just without something drastic changing and your time opening up or the addiction biting you really wouldn't have time to help bring that dynamic in. So if Scar ever did come back, then between the two of you there might be time.

Careful with them guppies.

CyradiaFri 30-Nov-07 07:06 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2005
163 posts
#63818, "RE: Yes, he's kidding..."
In response to Reply #23

>I didn't mean it as a jab at you,

Call me old fashion, but I'm pretty sure a post titled "Well, its nice to see you don't give a ####" was intended as a jab.

>I just simply figured you
>stopped caring to really log on. And if you didn't have time
>to pop into the 350 hour life of a character one more time
>then you definately would not have time to open up and run a
>roleplay intensive cabal.

Every premium history comment made after I tattooed you was made around midnight game time. I doubt there was one night between now and then I was on a computer that late at night. If you want me to apologize for not staying up to look for you...sorry, CF isn't a driving force in my schedule.

>
>That said, the one interaction was awsome, and I wish there
>would have been more. Scarab definately would add an awsome
>twist to the game, basically being less then friendly with all
>the other evils except possibly evil outlanders. It is just
>without something drastic changing and your time opening up or
>the addiction biting you really wouldn't have time to help
>bring that dynamic in. So if Scar ever did come back, then
>between the two of you there might be time.

Cabals aren't made by their immortals, but their mortals. Many cabals have been and are being run with less than two super active immortals. That said, there's no way I'd open a cabal for one character.

N b M (Guest)Fri 30-Nov-07 08:51 PM

#63819, "RE: Yes, he's kidding..."
In response to Reply #24

A jab, no not really, but it was negative and it finally got a response. Sucks that it had to be negative to do that.

I played after I got off work at 4 p.m till generally midnight on and off for a couple hours at a time as often as I could with the kid and schoolwork, which was mainly at least every other day. If you missed me, oh well, but don't go saying that I didn't get on when you were because I tried to fashion this character after you and your religion and your wizlist posted play times. If those aren't the times you are on, well my bad.

And as long as I have played, there has generally only been one scarab character at a time, it was rare for there to be two active scarab characters.. why would you say that you won't open a cabal for one solitary character when that cabal is fashioned after that type of play? If you rocked it out and took some initiative I am most certain that you would see a definate reaction towards people attempting to get into it and play followers, call me crazy but most people don't want to kick themselves repeatedly by attempting to play out something that is closed and won't happen, I guess I just enjoy trying make seemingly impossible things appear almost plausible.

Thanks for your time.

ZulghinlourFri 30-Nov-07 10:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
#63824, "Scarab as a Cabal"
In response to Reply #25

>And as long as I have played, there has generally only been
>one scarab character at a time, it was rare for there to be
>two active scarab characters.. why would you say that you
>won't open a cabal for one solitary character when that cabal
>is fashioned after that type of play?

Because Scarab isn't a cabal anymore. It's a religion, pure and simple. It really doesn't add anything to the current cabalwars, and I honestly don't see it coming back.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

LyristeonSat 17-Nov-07 06:42 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63523, "Very nice."
In response to Reply #0

Excellent character all the way around. Keep them coming.

Throkk (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-07 05:57 PM

#63522, "Tres cool."
In response to Reply #0

You had a lot of presence and even with chamo it always added an exciting touch when you were around.

Well played!

Oh, just wanted to add that your nice little parting gift got me killed earlier today! Damn my lack of knowledge. I knew there had to be some drawback for using the little bugger, so I experimented a bit in a remote area. Oh, the drawback was actually a nice rp touch. Cool.

Later when I ran into the enforcer I discovered the other drawback. Ha ha!

I am eagerly awaiting your next char.

Krengrar (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-07 12:29 PM

#63511, "A nice addition to the fields..."
In response to Reply #0

Very nicely played. A high quality character like yours makes quite an addition to the fields. Thanks.

We only interacted that one day when you (trigger?) marked me as I ran through town. We talked a bit, you gave me that item that was weighing you down and we when our different ways. A little while later I was asked to help some lightwalkers level partly to discourage you from bothering them...

I got a kick out of that...

Go play with your kid.

BraemirFri 16-Nov-07 11:26 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2007
45 posts
#63496, "Great Character"
In response to Reply #0

I thought Ilmdrin was a great character. We certainly mixed it up a few times. Knowing a Scarab, you are probably totally opposite to what Braemir was, for the most part. At least as far as why we did the things we did. I enjoyed our scraps, and I certainly found it amusing as the Fortress as a whole (myself included) was always wry about your location. Good luck with your next!

N b M (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-07 11:49 AM

#63509, "RE: Great Character"
In response to Reply #8

Man, congrats on imming, all the fun began to imm and that is what killed Ilmdrin a little bit. I definately couldn't stand toe to toe with you even with the trance and a good bit of stalking. I enjoyed our roleplay and you were definately a beast.. You Niherivia and Deyriaras.. Oh man, Glad I never ran into all three at once.

Well done and I can't wait to see you raised to Imm
(remember the little guys, interacting through mobs and crazy random #### to newbies will definately hook them!)

Ilmdrin (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-07 07:04 PM

#63492, "Man oh man, where to begin"
In response to Reply #0

I have never been decent at writting goodbyes, but I figured one was warranted with Ilmdrin. I haven't played an assassin in quite a while so I decided it would be fun to try out martial trance and all these nifty new edges (bravo by the way guys, awsome work!). I also decided it had been too long since a true (or as close as I could get it) scarab presence was felt in Thera. One that would keep everyone on their toes and make people peer over their shoulders no matter where they were, especially the marans *wink*. So Ilmdrin was born!

My biggest regret was not pushing for interaction with cyradia enough, but I have always been the type to just roll with my character and if it comes about, it comes about.. if not, there is no reason to go bothering other people that enjoy Cf just as much as me over so little thing like immteraction.

I have one last thing to say before going onto goodbyes.
You guys so need to bring back scarab, the dynamic of the cabal would work so well with everyone else... the true loner. You may have to put a few more things in the dogma concerning outlander and scion (I know I know, this is big daddy scarabaeous' baby... but a scarab presence in Thera definately is needed yo!)

Alrighty, goodbyes

Cyradia - I didn't see you but once, but that once.. oh my, I was certain that you were going to toast me on the spot, and I am surprised you didn't toast that arial ap too! Always classy and a definate force of roleplay. I hope you get pulled into cf a bit more and more involved, if so I will be forced to rock out another follower

Linaeren - Damn you!!!! I didn't mind the gank at all really, I was just so freaking surprised by it that my mouth was hanging open as I staired at myself getting beat down. I am pissed though that you Imm'ed so soon and I didn't get any revenge!

Neyveryd - Sorry about that assassinate but man oh man.. I had tried to roleplay with you some, kind of seeing you as a kindred spirit but you seemed to ignore me every time. Then I saw my chance to take down the one person I thought I would never ever ever take down. Good luck up in imm land!

Twist! - Man, keep rocking out morts, I love interacting with them, every single one of them (though I wish I would have had a chance to fight Hunsobo) Bravo sir, bravo.

Sybea - I am sorry, you kept drawing me back into the game so much, and my time has dwindled and as my time dwindled I got bored with ilmdrin.. and still I logged on just to play word games with you and spar and run around and just have fun. BRAVO! Keep reigning terror with your traps.

Ugh.. so many goodbyes, I hate this.. always forget who I need to say goodbye too

Lycastanblix - Another awsome character, we went back and forth from 'friends' to hardened enemies to companions. And we almost took down that damn vindicator!

Pissudin - Speaking of that damned vindi.. Good job for sure, I was always a little warry around you, but you never really could catch up to me unless I was warranted and I never really ever got caught killing people in town. Keep rocking out.

Ravon - Oh man... I don't know what else to say, wow.

Igbah - Awsome awsome beast, I will miss running around with you too.. So much.

Bleh, I may name drop some more, but I am starting to draw blanks, I need to eat and play with my kid..

Oh yeah.

Drumroll...
Signing out and back in shortly

NbM!

Cyth (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-07 08:13 PM

#63493, "RE: Man oh man, where to begin"
In response to Reply #6

I really liked Ilmdrin. The only time when we actually roleplayed together was with my first failed assassin. You killed me, and talking alot of smack. I got so fired up and as soon as I unghosted, I typed murder ilmd, kot. I do believe we were both abit shocked at the quick outcome of that fight. Wished I had that log . Moving on to my other three assassins, eh, not much. When I tangled with you with Mesashian, I figured, I just need to run, run away far. You did bring back the "Scarab" feel, I definitly didn't know if you were around the corner, or on the other side of CF, I just kept having to hit the where button. Loved it NbM, truelly classey. As for what I am doing now, I will save that bit of "fighting" for my bf, whenever it comes around. (This time I have logs!)

Cyth

Elemek (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-07 07:33 PM

#63524, "Never saw much other than the blade side."
In response to Reply #6

You tried to assassinate me when you were rank 35 and I fought you off and I never forget a threat/promise or assault so it was a while before I caught you up again but it was worth it. Other scions called you useful but I never got to see that side.

Pesawwkt (Guest)Mon 19-Nov-07 08:51 PM

#63580, "Great evil bastard!"
In response to Reply #6

Awesome char, awesome foe. So many tangles, although not many deaths.

Linaeren_ (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-07 05:55 PM

#63491, "Awesome character"
In response to Reply #0

I loved chatting with you. I really did feel bad about that gank you took. I don't normally pk like that. I was hoping to see you around for a while. Sad that you deleted. Good luck with your next char.

TwistFri 16-Nov-07 02:33 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#63490, "Great char."
In response to Reply #0

Very classy, assassinating Ariola right in front of me (as Hunsobo) as I was age-deadified.

As Fobrin, you kept me on my toes: "Hmm. I've been in this area for at least 3 stalks worth of time. Time to teleport."

GLWYN.

Hrefnwik (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-07 02:45 PM

#63514, "Great character."
In response to Reply #4

Somehow, whatever road I was on, you'd always be near, and then gone. I'm chasing someone, and right next to me poof, Ilmdrin licks his lips and smiles. Kept freaking me out. Have a funny little log of our interaction with Veriel I'll post.

You were one of a handful of characters whose simple dialogue and presence enhance the game.

Sybea (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-07 01:12 PM

#63489, "Oh, my lovely Drow..."
In response to Reply #0

What can I say? Obviously loved the character and the interactions.

Long road from when the two characters first met, and I always looked foward to signing on and seeing Ilmdrin. By far my favorite assassin in Sybea's lifetime. I knew the delete was coming from the last few conversations we had, and I knew immediately what you were doing when you spoke to me today... So much so that I tried to reply and then immediately did a 'who g' and 'graveyard ilmdrin'.

reply Such a horrid greeting, and yet I know what it means.

Needless to say Sybea was almost instantly taken by Ilmdrin, even from the first meeting.

I refer a lot to this:

Ilmdrin tells you 'If I hit a trap, thief, your life will be a measure shorter.'

You tell Ilmdrin 'Then I guess you should watch where you step, shouldn't you, Drow?"

And:

Ilmdrin tells the group 'I was just trying not to waste your time, my lovely thief.'

You tell the group 'Oh, Ilmdrin. Who in the world say hitting you with traps was a waste of time?'

Then you left the group and noreplied me.

I loved this character. Hope that you had fun. Good luck on your next.

Lycastanblix (Guest)Fri 16-Nov-07 12:42 PM

#63488, "thank you."
In response to Reply #0

I looked forward to every moment of cat and mouse, or mouse and cat interaction with Ilmdrin, that bastard. I was hoping he'd get one more assassination on me before I went, just to stomp down my ego, but so it goes.

excellent character. take care.

PatickFri 16-Nov-07 12:19 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63487, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ilmdrin Auvry Ndar the Shinan, Ini..."
In response to Reply #0

Hrm I was always looking over my shouldier to see if you were there or not. Icly I didn't like you much but you brought much drama to my travels and such. Sorry to see you go! I know Sybea will be dissapointed she spoke fondly of you alot.

Alpha-Q

N b M (Guest)Sat 17-Nov-07 11:47 AM

#63508, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Ilmdrin Auvry Ndar the Shinan, Ini..."
In response to Reply #1

I enjoyed our interactions, though you didn't take to me very well right away. I just figured I caught you at a bad time and tried to keep plodding away at you with my rp

PatickSun 18-Nov-07 01:57 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63531, "heh"
In response to Reply #9

I remember getting that Wakizashi from you that one time you fell. I didn't mean to grab that blade actually. I was planning on grabbing the sword I saw you using and "disarming" you though I picked that one up and I had been searching for it for a long time.

Other than that, To be honest I just Am Roleplaying someone friendly, someone trying to avoid conflict where ever possible. Its a little more of a movie Im watching in my mind. Can't have action all the time or it will just ruin it.

Alpha-Q

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63486 Previous topic | Next topic