Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves Loo..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63381
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 11-Nov-07 08:56 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63381, "(DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves Loot More than Good"

Sun Nov 11 19:54:55 2007

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 32nd of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Drupply perished, never to return.

Race:felar
Class:assassin
Level:41
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:130

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply bah, Patick, 12-Nov-07 01:40 AM, #8
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves..., Drupply (Guest), 11-Nov-07 09:01 PM, #1
     Reply btw, the flying leaping dolphin kick to the calf, pwned..., Drupply (Guest), 11-Nov-07 09:02 PM, #2
     Reply A slight correction, Zulghinlour, 11-Nov-07 09:21 PM, #3
          Reply After my whole life not being able to get inducted I sa..., Drupply (Guest), 11-Nov-07 09:57 PM, #4
          Reply RE: After my whole life not being able to get inducted ..., Lyristeon, 11-Nov-07 11:00 PM, #5
          Reply No but it made me feel good =P Finally got some loot i..., Drupply (Guest), 11-Nov-07 11:53 PM, #6
               Reply Makes me feel good to see what CF has evolved into. n/t, Derexal, 12-Nov-07 12:19 AM, #7
               Reply One moron != entire playerbase. Kthxbyewtfbbqsauce ~, _Magus_Guest_ (Guest), 12-Nov-07 03:46 AM, #12
                    Reply tahts a lot of bbqsauce. n/t, Derexal, 12-Nov-07 04:56 AM, #15
               Reply Speaking of loot, Darascus (Guest), 12-Nov-07 01:54 AM, #9
          Reply Your name had a large part in why you didn't get in., Pro-man (Guest), 12-Nov-07 02:19 AM, #10
          Reply Two questions for you, DurNominator, 12-Nov-07 03:18 AM, #11
               Reply RE: Two questions for you, N b M (Guest), 12-Nov-07 03:58 AM, #14
                    Reply Now that I pronounce it, I realise that "Drupply" is pr..., DurNominator, 12-Nov-07 07:20 AM, #17
                         Reply Maybe it's a cultural thing., Pro-man (Guest), 12-Nov-07 09:01 AM, #18
                              Reply Oh, that white dog, DurNominator, 12-Nov-07 10:59 AM, #22
                                   Reply What it was for me was this..., Pro-man (Guest), 12-Nov-07 01:53 PM, #26
          Reply RE: After my whole life not being able to get inducted ..., Dylan (Guest), 12-Nov-07 03:54 AM, #13
               Reply My experience as well., DurNominator, 12-Nov-07 07:18 AM, #16
          Reply Question from an RP sense., Shadowmaster, 12-Nov-07 09:14 AM, #19
               Reply Come on..., Terwin05, 12-Nov-07 10:33 AM, #20
               Reply Suspending disbelief is hard for a variety of reasons., Shadowmaster, 12-Nov-07 11:05 AM, #23
                    Reply One method for me would be., Pro-man (Guest), 12-Nov-07 01:54 PM, #27
                    Reply RE: Suspending disbelief is hard for a variety of reaso..., Lyristeon, 13-Nov-07 01:01 PM, #32
                         Reply Couldn't agree more, Narissa, 13-Nov-07 07:58 PM, #33
                         Reply Its funny that you question "willing suspension of disb..., Kads (Guest), 14-Nov-07 07:19 AM, #34
               Reply Yes., Forsaken (Guest), 12-Nov-07 10:33 AM, #21
               Reply RE: Yes., Nilia (Guest), 12-Nov-07 02:28 PM, #30
               Reply You could go with an asian theme, Theerkla, 12-Nov-07 12:51 PM, #24
               Reply Consider it the chaotic mind-state that comes with majo..., Vlad (Guest), 12-Nov-07 01:11 PM, #25
               Reply Heh. Chaotic mind state that prevents concentrating., DurNominator, 12-Nov-07 02:25 PM, #29
               Reply Divine intervention...deus ex machina (n/t), Zulghinlour, 12-Nov-07 02:21 PM, #28
               Reply RE: Question from an RP sense., randombutterfly, 13-Nov-07 12:24 PM, #31
                    Reply I like this suggestion., NMTW, 14-Nov-07 03:29 PM, #35

PatickMon 12-Nov-07 01:40 AM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63391, "bah"
In response to Reply #0

We just met though! It was fun killing that anti paladin, then the body guards and such.

Alpha-Q

Drupply (Guest)Sun 11-Nov-07 09:01 PM

#63382, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Drupply the Novice of Owaza, Loves..."
In response to Reply #0

Never playeed an assassin before, I was having fun till the imms ####ed me and took assassinate away. Oh well I'lll come back with another even deadlier fa sho, betta recognize the realness in assassinate cuase i be cumin back fools

Drupply (Guest)Sun 11-Nov-07 09:02 PM

#63383, "btw, the flying leaping dolphin kick to the calf, pwned..."
In response to Reply #1

n/t

ZulghinlourSun 11-Nov-07 09:21 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
9792 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63385, "A slight correction"
In response to Reply #1

>Never playeed an assassin before, I was having fun till the
>imms ####ed me and took assassinate away.

No...the Fort app assassinating a good-aligned character ####ed you.

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

Drupply (Guest)Sun 11-Nov-07 09:57 PM

#63386, "After my whole life not being able to get inducted I sa..."
In response to Reply #3

n/t

LyristeonSun 11-Nov-07 11:00 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63387, "RE: After my whole life not being able to get inducted ..."
In response to Reply #4

Not being inducted into a cabal is no excuse for a good performing an evil act.

Drupply (Guest)Sun 11-Nov-07 11:53 PM

#63388, "No but it made me feel good =P Finally got some loot i..."
In response to Reply #5

n/t

DerexalMon 12-Nov-07 12:19 AM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
#63389, "Makes me feel good to see what CF has evolved into. n/t"
In response to Reply #6

n/t

_Magus_Guest_ (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 03:46 AM

#63396, "One moron != entire playerbase. Kthxbyewtfbbqsauce ~"
In response to Reply #7

nt

DerexalMon 12-Nov-07 04:56 AM
Member since 25th Feb 2007
75 posts
#63401, "tahts a lot of bbqsauce. n/t"
In response to Reply #12

n/t

Darascus (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 01:54 AM

#63392, "Speaking of loot"
In response to Reply #6

I appreciated you giving me that piece of gear, but there is nothing right at all about an assassin popping out of the shadows, giving a Maran a piece of nice gear, and then saying "Recommend me to the Marshall as payment."

Sounds more like something a mercenary would do. Or an imperial.

Or any number of neutral aligned characters that don't give a crap.

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 02:19 AM

#63394, "Your name had a large part in why you didn't get in."
In response to Reply #4

This is not a troll so I hope it stays up for people to learn from.

Your name made it hard to take anything you said seriously. especially given your behavior.

DurNominatorMon 12-Nov-07 03:18 AM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63395, "Two questions for you"
In response to Reply #10

1) What's wrong with his name?

2) Do you speak with a Fort leader's authority when you say this?

N b M (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 03:58 AM

#63399, "RE: Two questions for you"
In response to Reply #11

Whats wrong with his name?

Are you retarded? Sound it out phonetically and say that again... pfft

HAPPY VETERANS DAY!

DurNominatorMon 12-Nov-07 07:20 AM
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63403, "Now that I pronounce it, I realise that "Drupply" is pr..."
In response to Reply #14

Or not. I tried different variants of phonetic sounding for it, but didn't get anything that was instantly recognizable.

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 09:01 AM

#63404, "Maybe it's a cultural thing."
In response to Reply #17

Senior Droopy from Guadalupe!

Drupply just seemed like a comic characters name. Like Tiddles or Bobo or Bozo. Drupply the Clow would be fine, but not rupply the Assassin.

And where I speak in authority from is many comments by the players and several remarks I've heard from In character dialog.

DurNominatorMon 12-Nov-07 10:59 AM
2018 posts
#63408, "Oh, that white dog"
In response to Reply #18

The name's translated in here, but I admit knowing the English name as well, though I don't really remember many other characters. Maybe there was some brown Mexican mouse in it too, with a sombrero(maybe I'm thinking about Speedy Gonzalez here, can't remember if they were in the same cartoon at times). However, Drupply just doesn't sound like Droopy in my ear. Here's how I'd phoneticize them:

Drup-pli
Druu-pi

It's just not the same in my ear. I could guess your inability to prounounce the first p, but failed to guess that you'd also make the u a long vowel and l silent. My initial best guess was that it would have sounded like "Dupli" in your ear, which is a pretty far-fetched connection to assume you to complain over.

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 01:53 PM

#63414, "What it was for me was this..."
In response to Reply #22

Bozo and Bogo would both illicite similar recall in my mind giving me a visual of a pedaphilic clown.

Druppli and Druppi both bring to mind slapstick cartoon images.

It has less to do with pronunciation than it does with how the name "Looks".

Similar to my Durgar Jonathar. I liked the name, other people hated it because it LOOKED like Jonathan to them.

Dylan (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 03:54 AM

#63398, "RE: After my whole life not being able to get inducted ..."
In response to Reply #4

Not many people get inducted into the Maran before they hero in my experience.

DurNominatorMon 12-Nov-07 07:18 AM
2018 posts
#63402, "My experience as well."
In response to Reply #13

My voker got inducted as a squire at almost 300 hours.

ShadowmasterMon 12-Nov-07 09:14 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
#63405, "Question from an RP sense."
In response to Reply #3

This isn't a question of why did this happen to Drupply. I understand that he broke RP, therefore he suffers the consequences, however, how do you RP that one day you used to be able to kill people with one hit, and now *gasp* you've forgotten it.

I have never understood how that type of punishment is supposed to be RP'ed. The same can be said for losing specs/etc due to alignment changes. Could this be clarified please? Thanks.

Terwin05Mon 12-Nov-07 10:33 AM
Member since 22nd Dec 2005
124 posts
#63406, "Come on..."
In response to Reply #19

If a necromancer can wave his hand and make you forget all of your skills, and Keanu Reeves can wake up and say "I know Kung Fu", surely you can find a way to incorporate some type of divine revelation/derevelation without too much effort. Or did you forget how to suspend disbelief?

T

ShadowmasterMon 12-Nov-07 11:05 AM
Member since 18th Mar 2003
329 posts
#63409, "Suspending disbelief is hard for a variety of reasons."
In response to Reply #20

Like one day I just woke up and forgot how to do something I did my whole life. All I wanted was some Immortal to comment on the preferred method for RP'ing this type of incident. You come here and act like an ass. Way to keep the bar raised for official posters.

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 01:54 PM

#63415, "One method for me would be."
In response to Reply #23

I dare not act in the manner of the Assassin until my guild has settled what to do with me.

LyristeonTue 13-Nov-07 01:01 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63438, "RE: Suspending disbelief is hard for a variety of reaso..."
In response to Reply #23

This is actually quite simple to explain. You spend your entire life being good. Doing the right thing. Then one day, you go and kill someone who is good because of greed. Good and evil aren't a switch. Remorse for an act like this could cause you never to WANT to assassinate again. That's enforcing rp. That isn't just taking away a skill and a player moaning because he lost it. He now has to live with the consequences of his actions from a forced emotional factor. That's the way it would really be.

NarissaTue 13-Nov-07 07:58 PM
Member since 04th May 2003
279 posts
#63446, "Couldn't agree more"
In response to Reply #32

It's such a great opportunity to get an Imm's attention. Use it to write a role and move on from there.

Bet if you could have pulled it off, you would have a new title, and perhaps be inducted into Maran.

Wise men see opportunities instead of problems.

Kads (Guest)Wed 14-Nov-07 07:19 AM

#63455, "Its funny that you question "willing suspension of disb..."
In response to Reply #32

n/t

Forsaken (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 10:33 AM

#63407, "Yes."
In response to Reply #19

Immortals are like aliens with little silver probes.

At least, if this ever happens to a character of mine that is how I'm going to roll with it. Aliens. In flying disks. Anal.

Nilia (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 02:28 PM

#63418, "RE: Yes."
In response to Reply #21

Oh Jesus Christ that made me laugh hard. I can just see Zulg, some 30 some year old guy, maybe going a little bald, with a big silver probe saying "Aha! Alignment change! No skills for you! Come back one year!"

TheerklaMon 12-Nov-07 12:51 PM
1055 posts
#63412, "You could go with an asian theme"
In response to Reply #19

Pretend that it requires relies on your chi. By undergoing an alignment change, a huge hole has been ripped into it, and you no longer have the ability to focus your life-force towards the task of killing someone.

Vlad (Guest)Mon 12-Nov-07 01:11 PM

#63413, "Consider it the chaotic mind-state that comes with majo..."
In response to Reply #19

I know even just changing jobs can cause me all kinds of stress, and make me scatter brained. Stress affects people in big ways, and the stress of suddenly finding yourself with a different belief structure can be horribly jarring and really weigh on a persons mind as they struggle with old ways vs new. I totally see why this happens.

What I fail to see however, is why some people gain their skills/supps/spells back almost instantly, and others who are equally (or in some cases better) roleplayed never do.

DurNominatorMon 12-Nov-07 02:25 PM
2018 posts
#63417, "Heh. Chaotic mind state that prevents concentrating."
In response to Reply #25

That's a good one, especially if the ethos gets a change to chaotic as well. The confusion period is a really good idea IMHO and I might use it if I'm unfortunate enough to get my align changed(which I doubt, since I don't enjoy getting nerfed that way without knowledge of getting things back).

As for some people getting things back and some not, Imms are human and the decision depends on what and how they perceive and interpret things. This perception and judgement dependence contains multiple factors that can contribute towards inconsistent decision making, even if the Imms do their best to be consistent all the time. It simply isn't reliable.

ZulghinlourMon 12-Nov-07 02:21 PM
9792 posts
#63416, "Divine intervention...deus ex machina (n/t)"
In response to Reply #19

n/t

So long, and thanks for all the fish!

randombutterflyTue 13-Nov-07 12:24 PM
Member since 26th Jan 2007
40 posts
#63437, "RE: Question from an RP sense."
In response to Reply #19

There are lot of elegant ways to RP a loss of key ability more fun than anything described so far. Here's one suggestion: The character in question was a good aligned character who snapped and killed another good aligned character in premeditated murder. Perhaps the guilt would prevent him from using those abilities again? There are plenty of epic figures who don't use key abilities because of guilt from past actions and more whose guilt creates major disabilities and burdens -- even if they continue in their new direction.

NMTWWed 14-Nov-07 03:29 PM
Member since 09th May 2007
84 posts
#63465, "I like this suggestion."
In response to Reply #31

Drupply (PK) Up the creek
DwarfMaran (PK) Up the creek

<100% 100% 100% oudoor civilised 6am >
>Assassinate DwarfMaran

You step out of the shadows.
Your memories of having been such a f4glord rush back, drowning you in feelings of guilt.
Your assassination attempt <<<<<<<FAILS>>>>>> and you trip over your feet.

DwarfMaran smiles happily.

DwarfMaran says "HAR!"

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63381 Previous topic | Next topic