Subject: "(DELETED) [None] Jokaero the Champion of Ancient Ways" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63008
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 31-Oct-07 05:54 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63008, "(DELETED) [None] Jokaero the Champion of Ancient Ways"

Sun Oct 28 11:04:06 2007

At 2 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 25th of the Month of the Grand Struggle
on the Theran calendar Jokaero perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:warrior
Level:50
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:124

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply God damn this was TOO much fun:, Jokaeros Player (Guest), 28-Oct-07 11:00 PM, #13
Reply PS Someone please get my PBF? Never had one! n/t, Jokaeros Player (Guest), 28-Oct-07 11:09 PM, #14
Reply For the honorable mention... I got the PBF. ~, Yvalthras (Guest), 31-Oct-07 02:15 AM, #28
     Reply RE: For the honorable mention... I got the PBF. ~, Jokes Player (Guest), 08-Nov-07 08:19 PM, #30
Reply Great Human!, Pro (Guest), 29-Oct-07 12:43 AM, #15
Reply Hrm.. that was supposed to be a joke. n/t, Pro-man (Guest), 29-Oct-07 12:47 AM, #16
Reply RE: God damn this was TOO much fun:, Aubrei (Guest), 29-Oct-07 02:30 AM, #18
Reply FWIW, Iunna, 30-Oct-07 07:47 PM, #27
Reply I have to be the first to say it..., Rayihn, 28-Oct-07 03:18 PM, #2
Reply Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess., Theerkla, 28-Oct-07 03:24 PM, #3
     Reply Are you fing serious??, Elerosse, 28-Oct-07 03:34 PM, #4
     Reply There's always the chance the player doesn't realize it, Theerkla, 28-Oct-07 03:39 PM, #5
          Reply RE: There's always the chance the player doesn't realiz..., Elerosse, 28-Oct-07 04:16 PM, #8
     Reply I agree. n/t, Pro (Guest), 28-Oct-07 04:25 PM, #6
     Reply But its so much easier to be a jackass Theerkla n/t, Guy (Guest), 28-Oct-07 05:06 PM, #7
     Reply Straw, meet camel's back., Daevryn, 28-Oct-07 09:49 PM, #21
          Reply To be fair to Guy, if I had posted the same thing it wo..., Vladamir, 28-Oct-07 10:36 PM, #12
          Reply But you have Balance and are beloved. n/t, Pro (Guest), 29-Oct-07 12:47 AM, #17
          Reply RE: Straw, meet camel's back., N b M (Guest), 30-Oct-07 04:22 PM, #23
               Reply I think this has been in the making., Pro (Guest), 30-Oct-07 06:25 PM, #24
               Reply See also:, Daevryn, 30-Oct-07 06:53 PM, #25
               Reply If you need help on stalking people... n/t, Pro (Guest), 30-Oct-07 07:33 PM, #26
               Reply Huh?, Valguarnera, 30-Oct-07 06:49 PM, #29
     Reply RE: Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess., Daevryn, 28-Oct-07 09:52 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess., Rayihn, 28-Oct-07 09:58 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess., Lyristeon, 28-Oct-07 10:29 PM, #11
          Reply Thanks for all the imm responses, Theerkla, 29-Oct-07 10:54 AM, #19
Reply RE: (DELETED) [None] Jokaero the Champion of Ancient Wa..., Patick, 28-Oct-07 01:54 PM, #1
     Reply ####..., Jokaeros Player (Guest), 29-Oct-07 03:12 PM, #20
          Reply RE: ####..., Patick, 30-Oct-07 02:59 PM, #22

Jokaeros Player (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-07 11:00 PM

#63045, "God damn this was TOO much fun:"
In response to Reply #0

1) This character was amazingly fun, way too much fun.

2) The Imminteractions I received demonstrates a level of Imm talent that all players should strive to experience.

3) I tried to play an Elfy Elf rather than a human in an Elf suit, I think I failed, but I hope I got better at Elves: Neppy please let me know if I was Elfy at all?

4) Enemies are cool! I had some really cool enemies! COOL! I loved it. You guys are great and some of the comments were just snide enough to be fun yet not mocking enough to be depressing.

5) God I suck at warriors. Bigtime. It was fun trying to figure things out Yvalthras gave me ideas I wanted to try. I forgot two thirds of the preps he told my last character about.. DOH!

6) I loved trying to make my role work, it was a lot of:

You tell Jokaero "Kill them! Kill these whining useless pathetic wastrels!" etc etc

So goodbyes to you all, allies and enemies alike, it was a blast but I still find CF too addicting.. and to you vets who says it sucks.. well folks you get what you make of it. Stop trying to force the old CF molds on the game and roll with what it has to give you.

I finally learned that lesson. Though I miss Ilraeth, Savraeth, Thror, Ordasen, Inis, Eshval.. etc... this group is okay.

Rayhin: I really did not think of Spanglish, Jokaero .. Joke ear oh.
Something a friend said to me a long long time ago that I had "Joke ears" because everything he said was funny. So Jokaero first lived in an RPG.

Arzzra out.

Jokaeros Player (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-07 11:09 PM

#63046, "PS Someone please get my PBF? Never had one! n/t"
In response to Reply #13

Yvalthras (Guest)Wed 31-Oct-07 02:15 AM

#63124, "For the honorable mention... I got the PBF. ~"
In response to Reply #14

NT

Jokes Player (Guest)Thu 08-Nov-07 08:19 PM

#63324, "RE: For the honorable mention... I got the PBF. ~"
In response to Reply #28

PBF processing issue? I see many others that deleted after I!
Oh well. Just curious.

Unka Arzzra

Pro (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 12:43 AM

#63048, "Great Human!"
In response to Reply #13

Glad you had fun!

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 12:47 AM

#63049, "Hrm.. that was supposed to be a joke. n/t"
In response to Reply #15

saerg

Aubrei (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 02:30 AM

#63052, "RE: God damn this was TOO much fun:"
In response to Reply #13

Elfy! Dammit, never did get a horsey ride from you, did I?

IunnaTue 30-Oct-07 07:47 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63113, "FWIW"
In response to Reply #13

The brief amount that I saw/watched you, I thought you were well
roleplayed. I didn't see a problem with the name, even after the
Taco Bell reference was pointed out. It just didn't sound that way
in my head.

Good luck with your next!

RayihnSun 28-Oct-07 03:18 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#63016, "I have to be the first to say it..."
In response to Reply #0

Yo quiero taco bell!!

TheerklaSun 28-Oct-07 03:23 PM
1055 posts
#63017, "Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess."
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Sun 28-Oct-07 03:24 PM

If you think someone's got a lousy name, why not let them know it before they delete? IMO changing their name (especially a minor tweak to improve pronounciation) later than the first couple of levels is not an rp ruining change.

If you are going to take the time to roll your eyes or make an imm comment on someones p-file, why not pull them to ROTD and let them know you aren't thrilled with the name. Is it just that you are too jaded, and you don't want to deal with the inevitable hissy fit that some percentage of the players you do this to will throw?

ElerosseSun 28-Oct-07 03:34 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#63019, "Are you fing serious??"
In response to Reply #3

>If you think someone's got a lousy name, why not let them
>know it before they delete? IMO changing their name
> especially a minor tweak to improve pronounciation) later
>than the first couple of levels is not an rp ruining change.
>
>
>If you are going to take the time to roll your eyes or make an
>imm comment on someones p-file, why not pull them to ROTD and
>let them know you aren't thrilled with the name. Is it just
>that you are too jaded, and you don't want to deal with the
>inevitable hissy fit that some percentage of the players you
>do this to will throw?

If I was an Imm the last thing I would want to do is have to tell people to change there name. If a name doesn't overtly break the naming rules I would do nothing more then roll my eyes or make a note on the characters p-file if I thought it sucked. The player is responsible for the name of there character it takes less then 2 seconds to check a name to see if it has any meaning that might not be obvious to them. If you don't like seeing a comment like that then take more care when naming (I do not know if you where this characters player or not, nor do I care).

Personally I didn't get the taco bell reference but the name stood out to me from playing Warhammer, didn't bother me other then I thought it was a lame name.

TheerklaSun 28-Oct-07 03:39 PM
1055 posts
#63020, "There's always the chance the player doesn't realize it"
In response to Reply #4

Dalek and Bristol being two names I recall where the player's were unaware that they were sub-par names and would have been glad to change them if asked.

ElerosseSun 28-Oct-07 08:51 PM
Member since 01st Nov 2006
423 posts
#63023, "RE: There's always the chance the player doesn't realiz..."
In response to Reply #5

My point is that googling either of these names would tell the player that they are sub-par names but maybe not against the rules. They shouldn't need an Imm to waste their time to tell them that. Players should take a little responsibilty of their characters, comments like this work well to make the Imm feeling towards bad names known, they should not have to drag people aside unless the name blatantly breaks the rules.

Pro (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-07 04:25 PM

#63025, "I agree. n/t"
In response to Reply #3

zsgf

Guy (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-07 05:06 PM

#63027, "But its so much easier to be a jackass Theerkla n/t"
In response to Reply #3

asdf

DaevrynMon 29-Oct-07 11:56 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#63040, "Straw, meet camel's back."
In response to Reply #7

I'm not exactly sure when you jumped the tracks from decent player to caustic raving total nutjob, but while I hope the former comes back someday, I'm damn tired of the latter.

Take a break indefinitely.

VladamirSun 28-Oct-07 10:36 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#63044, "To be fair to Guy, if I had posted the same thing it wo..."
In response to Reply #21

nt

Pro (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 12:47 AM

#63050, "But you have Balance and are beloved. n/t"
In response to Reply #12

sdfv

N b M (Guest)Tue 30-Oct-07 04:22 PM

#63103, "RE: Straw, meet camel's back."
In response to Reply #21

I don't have an opinion on this for one side or the other, but I will say that if you keep sweeping stuff under that carpet it will eventually be too big for anyone not to notice.
Stop censoring and meet that problem head on, if the one your dealing with is still being ridiculous after you attempt to handle it straight up then by all means, censor away the soon to follow curses and the like. But people notice #### and this isn't the way to go about it.

Pro (Guest)Tue 30-Oct-07 06:25 PM

#63105, "I think this has been in the making."
In response to Reply #23

For a long time.

DaevrynTue 30-Oct-07 06:53 PM
11117 posts
#63110, "See also:"
In response to Reply #23

Recent Contest Forum thread wherein I offer my opinion on something and am instantly accused of stalking the player and trying to provoke him.

Yeah, I'm about through with that kind of thing.

Pro (Guest)Tue 30-Oct-07 07:33 PM

#63112, "If you need help on stalking people... n/t"
In response to Reply #25

.d.

ValguarneraWed 31-Oct-07 05:54 AM
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63108, "Huh?"
In response to Reply #23

Stop censoring and meet that problem head on, if the one your dealing with is still being ridiculous after you attempt to handle it straight up then by all means,

You say this like it's a "first offender". The list is short for a reason-- it's people who consistently act like jackasses, often under a few different identities.

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

DaevrynSun 28-Oct-07 09:52 PM
11117 posts
#63041, "RE: Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess."
In response to Reply #3

My thought... a lot of names (and I'd include this one) don't meet any of our criteria, written or otherwise, for a lousy name. They just lend themselves to a funny nickname.

Note that a lot of cool characters have probably had nicknames, either among team staff, team IRC, team Dio's, etc. It's not necessarily a knock. It just is what it is.

RayihnSun 28-Oct-07 09:58 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#63042, "RE: Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess."
In response to Reply #3

Seriously if I realmed that guy and told him his name reminded me of a taco bell comercial he'd tell me I was a seriously nitpicky asshole. And he'd be right!!

The name didn't bother me. Many characters have earned some sort of nickname (ala Doughboy or Hansobo) and it doesn't affect their character in any way shape or form.

We try and police the name guidelines/rules, but I would prefer to empower/interact/write an area/read roles/hand out xp over pulling this guy to tell him his name seems a little silly when it breaks no rules. I'd rather devote my imm time to other things.

LyristeonSun 28-Oct-07 10:28 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63043, "RE: Well, I'll be the first to respond I guess."
In response to Reply #3
Edited on Sun 28-Oct-07 10:29 PM

I didn't see it either until it just came up. Funny nicknames aren't going to get changed, especially when it's a pronunciation thing. Heck, we called Hunsobo HanSolo for nearly his whole life. If you can't have any fun by making fun of something that could be interpreted one way or another, I would suggest calling for a sense of humor.

There are also times that somebody brings up an obscure anime name or the like and the guy is already level 30. By that time, we usually just let it slide. We aren't the name Nazi's that some players want us to be, but, we try to get them right when they are blatant.

As far as putting something in someone's history, more times than not, we get really positive feedback from the cracks we make. While it would be great to have a little green flag go up everytime someone did something good and a little red one for every time someone did something bad, that isn't realistic. It would add a lot more histories on folks, but, try coding for rp. Usually a history happens because of luck. We can use it as a guide line to look for certain things in the future from the character. Take Xilia's for instance. She was around for a long time, was snooped alot when fighting to see what she was doing wrong because her pk stats were horrible and for the most part, while snooping her, we found out that she was a really good character. That's how her PBF came out. Glowing praise for the rp, poking fun at the pk. Try to take what we do here in stride when it comes to the histories.

TheerklaMon 29-Oct-07 10:54 AM
1055 posts
#63065, "Thanks for all the imm responses"
In response to Reply #11

My post really was intended as part constructive criticism, part just trying to understand immland and what it entails.

PatickSun 28-Oct-07 01:54 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63013, "RE: (DELETED) [None] Jokaero the Champion of Ancient Wa..."
In response to Reply #0

Aww, Now I can't spar with you anymore! Ohh I also just got you a new Glaive last night from the Elven Vaults!! WHY DIDNT YOU WAIT!! haha, Ahh well I had fun interacting with you. You played a mean Elf from what I could tell, Difficult to duel against you! Come back to the inn for more tea!

Alpha-Q

Jokaeros Player (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 03:12 PM

#63081, "####..."
In response to Reply #1

With all the other crap on this thread I never noticed your post. Sorry. I really enjoyed our interactions and would have loved to go exploring with you and the bardess. Xhir.. God man I suck at remembering names.

Yeah, well I had some good instruction from other players on how to be a bit more aggressive. Sometimes it works, sometimes you are slept, spelled up, and dead. More often the latter for me. I love having damn effective and fun foes to go along with absolutely great allies.

Glad you enjoyed our interactions. You are the bomb and making Herald a blast!

PatickTue 30-Oct-07 02:59 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#63102, "RE: ####..."
In response to Reply #20

well Ninja In game and Ninja ooc , Of course you didnt see me!

Alpha-Q

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #63008 Previous topic | Next topic