Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Penelope the Affirmation of Life, Slave t..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62989
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 27-Oct-07 02:16 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62989, "(AUTO) [None] Penelope the Affirmation of Life, Slave to Thrakburzug"

Sat Oct 27 02:15:23 2007

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Penelope perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:healer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:187

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply kthx bye, Nivek-Penny (Guest), 27-Oct-07 05:26 PM, #3
Reply HAR! nt, Smuerlk_ (Guest), 28-Oct-07 10:23 AM, #4
Reply Sorry, Krynna (Guest), 29-Oct-07 03:03 AM, #5
Reply I stand corrected., Penny (Guest), 29-Oct-07 04:52 AM, #6
Reply RE: kthx bye, Thrakburzug, 01-Nov-07 06:50 PM, #7
     Reply Thanks, Penny (Guest), 01-Nov-07 09:38 PM, #8
     Reply RE: Thanks, old sylvan (Guest), 02-Nov-07 07:35 AM, #10
          Reply Cronin. nt, Penny (Guest), 02-Nov-07 03:56 PM, #11
     Reply Having been Tatt'ed by you before., Pro-man (Guest), 01-Nov-07 10:09 PM, #9
Reply Poop, Nivek-G (Guest), 27-Oct-07 07:59 AM, #1
     Reply Quality character man., Vlad (Guest), 27-Oct-07 11:23 AM, #2

Nivek-Penny (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-07 05:26 PM

#62999, "kthx bye"
In response to Reply #0

This was my first hero since 2001 and my first hero without either chamo or hide. It goes against my three rules of character creation, but healers are actually a rather nice class. I even managed to amass a 6-0 PK ratio during the 30s. Sorry to all the elves I terrorized.

I learned a lot with Penelope and went to Silent for the first time. I never believed the hubbub about the place, but it is rather enjoyable to explore it. Next time I will make a character whose RP lets them learn to write.

Thank you for all of the interactions, Thrak. You are one of the best IMMs. I appreciate the warning early on - that you were busy with RL stuff and not to expect too much. I carried on strong for a bit, but as you can see, lost interest. No blame on your shoulders for that.

The first nail in the coffin was Krynna deleting Kubilak. Sure, a healer would have made him even more powerful, but more importantly, he was a rallying standard for people to roll orcs. Smuerlk, Thrak bless your hairy soul, is simply not Kubilak. (You keep trucking though, Chief! I wish I had your perserverance.)

Eventually, the only people I had around were some lowbie orcs and the Scions. I grouped with them a lot, especially Ravon when he was on the up and up. They were powerful and Pen respected that. I was self-conscious about being labeled a Scion bitch. Joining them would have justified that label, but Pen was created for the Horde. Too bad there is no horde. I reflected upon this in my role.

Thanks to the many with whom I interacted.

Smuerlk_ (Guest)Sun 28-Oct-07 10:23 AM

#63007, "HAR! nt"
In response to Reply #3

Krynna (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 03:03 AM

#63053, "Sorry"
In response to Reply #3

It wasn't deletion, it was age death though. But really, I was looking forward to run with you. Too bad it didn't work out.

Well done with healer. I enjoyed your char.

Penny (Guest)Mon 29-Oct-07 04:52 AM

#63054, "I stand corrected."
In response to Reply #5

It's still all your fault.

ThrakburzugThu 01-Nov-07 06:50 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
83 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#63175, "RE: kthx bye"
In response to Reply #3

Well, I think you know I was quite happy with everything you did. I do wish I had more time to have worked with you, but life is busy. I think you enjoyed the character and that is the important thing. I couldn't help but think back to my interactions with your first major character so many years ago and remark to myself how much your RP has evolved over the years.

I know this would have been one of the stand out characters in recent CF history if I had been able to interact with you more, but you showed what could be done with extremely limited Immteraction.

In retrospect I sort of wished I had tattooed you, but while I think you earned it many times over if you had been an orc, I just didn't see exactly what I wanted in the limited times I saw you. I kept feeling that the next time I would see something that made me reach for the tattoo button and I never quite got there. As with the above, this is most likely my fault for not being around as much as I should to have a follower, but thems the breaks. Your loss is the poor impoverished clients I get to try and keep out of jail and the joy they feel by knowing I have at least passed the bar.

Penny (Guest)Thu 01-Nov-07 09:38 PM

#63186, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #7

I remember that character, too. Conscience of the Glade. I am surprised you remember him... It was such a minor character in the scheme of things and that was 6-7 years ago.

Thank you for the kind words. I agree with you on the tattoo thing - had I been a healer WITH a horde - things might have been different. I based the success of my character around other players rolling orcs because they saw a healer devoted only to them. That it didn't work was ok, but I wish I had had a backup plan.

Congratulations on passing the bar!

Nivek

old sylvan (Guest)Fri 02-Nov-07 07:35 AM

#63195, "RE: Thanks"
In response to Reply #8

was that feirhuld?

Penny (Guest)Fri 02-Nov-07 03:56 PM

#63199, "Cronin. nt"
In response to Reply #10

Pro-man (Guest)Thu 01-Nov-07 10:09 PM

#63187, "Having been Tatt'ed by you before."
In response to Reply #7

Is there a command to activate your tat? Does it even do anything?

Nivek-G (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-07 07:59 AM

#62990, "Poop"
In response to Reply #0

I was going to log her on this morning, too.

Goodbyes later.

Vlad (Guest)Sat 27-Oct-07 11:23 AM

#62993, "Quality character man."
In response to Reply #1

Really, just a top notch character, in every way.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62989 Previous topic | Next topic