Subject: "Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62808
Show all folders

Doweran (Guest)Fri 19-Oct-07 01:31 PM

#62808, "Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..."

Well, I dont understand current deletion system completely. I've deleted not after death (PK or mob), in quiet safe place, not adrenalized and such, but still got 'rage delete'.

Dont want to wait death angel's topic, so start by myself.

I play not very often, and have not many chars under my belt and most of them means something for me, so I'd like to write a big goodbye post, hehe

So, I begin *flattens tobacco in his pipe*...

Being pretty bored with Rloun's RP like "dont-kick-my-ass-I'm-just-a-lil-harmless-gnome* I wanted to play someone agressive. Also I like mages and wanted to explore some. So I've rolled a goodie conjurer.

Awesome class, much more interesting as for me, than invoker. No spam, can powerrank, good (if not the best) explorer, hard to beat in PK and not as plain as shifters. The only thing that I dont like is short time of servitors staying with you. It would be good to allow conjure longer staying ones even if they are much weaker. Perfect match or so. Or maybe make some edge...

I RPed a 'goodie bastard' like that elves from Dragonlance saga and such. Dont like common goodie RP "I dont take evil items", all this speaking like "Hail, sir. Okay, sir" and so on. I've tried to RP goodie arrogant and despising weakness bastard. I was Maran wannabe, but had not succeeded in joining Fortress. Dont know why (perhaps due to that event with Pacheko, not sure) and would be thankful if someone reveals this to me. I've been told by a Squire that my goals (from my note) are not suitable, but Braemir told me that my note is fine, so dont know.

I stayed uncaballed, helped Fortress members to raid/reraid, hunted together, spoke with them and such but once I asked 'what should I do to get your recommendation' they all (except that Squire) became mute.

Later I dropped that idea and began to explore and tried to hunt alone. But I HATE to play alone, either it is hunting or learning or exploring, I like teamplay, speaking and so on. That was the main thing I become bored from.

Fortress. I didnt like all of you, except Soyael. She was the only one who accepted my company and I have fun travelling with her.
I hardly understand your common way of behaving. Ignoring my questions, accepting my offers to help with arrogance like I am asking you to borrow me money and such. Most paladins from Fortress I've saw just logined, got items and logouted...is that fun game for you, guys?
As for me Scions or Empire hunted together (and hunted at all) much more than Marans did...I think it should not be so.
Another thing is that even if something wrong with me to join Fortress (and it was, 'cos, as I've said, I RPed 'bastard', who could 'toy' with evil to destroy evil, intentionally), I think Marans should explain that to me, guide me to the 'right lifepath' and all such stuff. IMHO, of course.

Village. Some battles with you. The only one noticeable was Kotljar. Man, I dont think you should start battle from kote. Strangle or tigerclaw are better IMO. Dioka, you was honourable. I liked you.

Scions. You are a good team of vets, its obvious. I would like to be with your company but I like to fight you as well.

Empire. The same. Batu, Jhuutr, Vanakoth, Eoria, I liked to fight you. And I remember with a smile when I tried to push you against Scions telling Vanakoth where Scions are and such. 'Use evil to harm evil' thing.

Tribunal. Rywald, I dont know you much I liked you. Adina, you was a complete OOC bastard from my point of view. Breaking your own word, ignorance of my speaking - as for me its not the way a paladin should behave. Just my opinion.

Herald. I liked you all. Sevenna, when I travelled with you I really filled that I am travelling with _woman_ bard. Nice RP. Gaspar and Mreeshai (mrrr!..), I've enjoyed our explorations and you helped me a lot.
Xhirathos, I bring you my apologiez. That was totally against my RP when I worded and left you with two Imperials. To pay for my own 'weakness' I have let them catch me and kill me.

Nexus. Drenoth, you seemed to be like the man who can stand on his own. I could rely on you and your help. Sorry about your flail, I've just deleted.

Uncaballed.
Jaotra, I enjoyed to be with you. Sadly you was rarely seen.

Pacheko, as for me you was a bastard. You asked me if I can kill that mob and I answered that I am sure I can (meaning that I am able to do this, but of course I would help you). You came after quite long time passed (more than half hour as I remember) when my time was short and I was going to leave. And started to blame me and insult me...

Clarisandrie, hah, I hated you IC and enjoyed your RP OOC. The only thing I dont understand (perhaps someone clarifies it?):
a goodie elf villager killing goodie is nice
a goodie thief constantly stealing from another goodie is nice as well
an agressive maran wannabe who punishes that thief for continuous stealing from him (after trying to persuade with words of course) - is punished! I've asked our common friends to speak with you about peace as well. No luck...So I hardly understand what should I do after you stole really good things from me third time (near Kathiva's corpse) except attacking you directly.

Heh, I've tried to hire Jardas to kill you, but whilst speaking with him I understood that you both from the same thief guild in right time. So I've buffed and told that my 'foe' us Sybea.
Later I've helped him and asked Jardas to tell you to stop even (doubt it could help though)

So, maybe I am missing something and a person is good/evil not by his deeds but just for color of his skin (I mean, race)? That's #### as for me. From my point of view evil is who does evil deeds. So you, Clari, was evil.
By attacking you I've closed last ability to join Fortress but I've decided to stick my RP.

Eventually this turned to boredom. I simply dont like to play alone and there is a lack of people to group.

Perhaps (just IMHO) IMMs could do some efforts to increase playerbase?
Bring more people to site and such. If this needs money I think I could help (as soon as I find a way to transfer money from Russia to Paypal, hehe) some. With advices as well. Not sure how effective this could be (I am not familiar with this), but am working in internet marketing niche. Or at least, as I said, with money.

I am done.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Question, Darascus (Guest), 22-Oct-07 02:33 AM, #15
Reply You distort it a bit, dropping some other words from my..., Doweran (Guest), 22-Oct-07 06:44 AM, #16
Reply My 2 Cents, Pesawwkt (Guest), 20-Oct-07 12:11 PM, #12
Reply You and Kastellyn misunderstood a bit. Let me explain m..., Doweran (Guest), 20-Oct-07 12:37 PM, #13
     Reply RE: You and Kastellyn misunderstood a bit. Let me expla..., Kastellyn, 20-Oct-07 11:05 PM, #14
Reply RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..., Kastellyn, 20-Oct-07 08:30 AM, #11
Reply RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..., Drenoth (Guest), 20-Oct-07 02:20 AM, #9
Reply Its your Point-of-View, Adina (Guest), 20-Oct-07 12:39 AM, #8
Reply Now wheres my bag of loot gone?, Clarisandrie (Guest), 19-Oct-07 10:53 PM, #7
Reply RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..., Patick, 19-Oct-07 07:22 PM, #6
Reply RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..., Isildur, 19-Oct-07 06:46 PM, #5
Reply RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..., Rayihn, 19-Oct-07 05:25 PM, #4
Reply Okay, whats wrong with my 'alignment'? I mean before th..., Doweran (Guest), 20-Oct-07 02:44 AM, #10
Reply You were a good foe., Zorran (Guest), 19-Oct-07 04:51 PM, #3
Reply Unless things have changed., Pro (Guest), 19-Oct-07 04:36 PM, #1
     Reply Additionally., Pro (Guest), 19-Oct-07 04:38 PM, #2

Darascus (Guest)Mon 22-Oct-07 02:33 AM

#62878, "Question"
In response to Reply #0

Your note to the cabal said, pretty bluntly, that you "wanted someone to help keep people from fleeing so you could kill them."

Before I say anything else, do you see how this is wrong to do in CF?

Doweran (Guest)Mon 22-Oct-07 06:44 AM

#62885, "You distort it a bit, dropping some other words from my..."
In response to Reply #15

Anyway, was you right with this or not, you was the only one, who simply answered at all

Pesawwkt (Guest)Sat 20-Oct-07 12:11 PM

#62834, "My 2 Cents"
In response to Reply #0

Well I tried to bring you in on raids and defenses because I wanted to get a sense of you myself, rather than judging you on other's feedback. Arrogance in goods can be an ok thing, but attacking goods, for 99% of reasons is just a major no no for anyone who wants to be a Maran. Not only PC's but NPC's too in the opinion, and believe me this char knows from experience the repercussions of mistakes.

So I didn't dismiss you off hand I really tried to give you a chance to show yourself worthy of a recommendation, but you seemed to think that it was a simple I do ABC and E and get a recommendation. Its more like I don't do XYZ and Q and I am worthy. Taking pleasure in killing, attacking goods, hiring someone to commit murder of a good, all will mean no fort for you.

anyway other people have given good advice on this thread, you should definitely consider their advice.

Doweran (Guest)Sat 20-Oct-07 12:37 PM

#62835, "You and Kastellyn misunderstood a bit. Let me explain m..."
In response to Reply #12

When I talked about joining Fortress and 'strange' (lets call it so, thats of course my point of view) behavior of Marans I meant all that _before_ attacking Clarisandrie

When that happened I just thought:
okay, something wrong with my joining Fortress, they all just dont answer me (I have asked not once or twice, be sure) so its time to develop my char into something interesting

What if I dont attack her? Its not fun, its against my RP, I should ask others (which is fine) or Gods (which is terrible in terms of IC) to do something. I hardly imagine this: Oh, somegodname, that thief made evil deed but I can not attack him due to one tiny formality - her alignment (what is it in terms of IC? I dont know even) is goodie.

What if I attack her? It fits my RP perfectly, it fits my OOC understanding of good/evil determination by deeds, not by alignment, it can guide my char into some interesting situation (perhaps with IMMteraction!!!)

The decision was easy: c 'magic missile' clari

So, your later behaviour was fine, I understood it both OOC and IC.

What I am asking about it is your (not only personally yours) earlier behavior.

And you did not know that I've tried to hire Jardas, did you?
It was nearly my deletion.

ToKastellyn:
When I started to dislike Fortress, I dropped the idea to join them. This is in my role as well.
I dont like when you write 'goodie felt uncomfortable in your company'. I was quite illtempered, but I think there was decent amount of goodies that liked me or stayed neutral.

KastellynSat 20-Oct-07 11:05 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62845, "RE: You and Kastellyn misunderstood a bit. Let me expla..."
In response to Reply #13

In CF, unlike in real life, there are very few shades of gray when it comes to alignment. Actions and deeds mean much more than intentions. In RL, you might believe that, say, drowning kittens is good for the planet, and that by doing so you are doing a good deed that will benefit your fellow man. Others might share your belief; to them, and to yourself, you are "good"; though quite a few others might think that you're "bad" and that drowing kittens is "evil". Is it? Maybe, maybe not; it's certainly open to interpretation.

In CF, you don't have this luxury. It's much more black and white. So while your character might "feel" that their actions are justifiable and are "good" (i.e., attacking a good-aligned character that has wronged you in some way), they're not. Sure, you might get away with it, but if an Imm does observe this behavior, expect a smack down in one form or another and a gentle nudge to remind you what your alignment means.

Like I said: I had no problems with your take on aggressive good, but your attack on the thief was not an action of a good aligned person in CF. Hence, the reaction.

Don't want to hijack this thread any more than it already is; there's already some pretty good posts on good/evil in CF if you want to search for them. This is just a very generic summary.

As for the uncomfortable comment...that's just my interpretation of a few observations, so don't pay too much attention to it. I could easily see there being a decent amount of goodies that didn't have a problem with you at all.

I should also add that overall, I thought this was a solid, well-played, well-thought out character. Not trying to bash on you, just trying to enlighten you a bit on an area I thought you were having a bit of trouble with.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

KastellynSat 20-Oct-07 08:30 AM
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62828, "RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..."
In response to Reply #0

I didn't really have a problem with your take on "aggressive good" - until you took it to the extreme of attacking a goodie.

The only thing I dont understand (perhaps someone clarifies it?):

a goodie elf villager killing goodie is nice

There are only a few circumstances where this would be considered acceptable, and even then, I'd expect the Villager in question to experience a great deal of remorse at having to result to such an extreme measure.

a goodie thief constantly stealing from another goodie is nice as well

This isn't acceptable either, especially if it is premeditated and followed up by some things you weren't aware of.

an agressive maran wannabe who punishes that thief for continuous stealing from him (after trying to persuade with words of course) - is punished!

A few points:

1. Of the three things you mentioned above, someone who espouses the ideals of a Maran attacking a good-aligned individual is by far the worst. It flies in the face of everything the Maran stand for.

2. Don't assume you were the only one the Imms "punished", or that yours was the most severe punishment.

3. If you hated all of the Fortress members, except for one...why try to join the Cabal?

From what I saw, your RP made goodies uncomfortable; that's fine. Like I said, it's a perfectly valid role to play. Unfortunately for you, the results of your RP were that they didn't want to travel with your, or want you in their Cabal.

As for playerbase, we are working at increasing it, but it is a challenging task and will take time.

Good luck with your next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

*** Email me your testimonials or two-line blurbs. Help our marketing efforts! ***

Drenoth (Guest)Sat 20-Oct-07 02:20 AM

#62825, "RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..."
In response to Reply #0

Hey, was fun ranking and playing with you. Sorry we never got to explore those places. As for the flail dont worry about it, I lose them all the time, haha. Good luck with your next though.

Adina (Guest)Sat 20-Oct-07 12:39 AM

#62823, "Its your Point-of-View"
In response to Reply #0

I haven't been OOC on this character yet. Even when I was frustrated. As per not grouping, I never got a good vibe from you.

Clarisandrie (Guest)Fri 19-Oct-07 10:53 PM

#62822, "Now wheres my bag of loot gone?"
In response to Reply #0

I thought you took alot of jabs well. Other times not so....but there was a method to my madness and it wasn't just to plunder you blind. Spices things up a bit....

Don't let little things fluster you. I wasn't any threat and was actually trying to get you involved a bit with things involving myself. If it maters now, our first interactions were me teasing and probably would have resolved themselves quite civilly. Greed can make people do bad things....

Improvement over Rloun. Keep coming back stronger each time and you'll be a force. Take care.

PatickFri 19-Oct-07 07:22 PM
Member since 17th Oct 2007
134 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#62818, "RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..."
In response to Reply #0

Its sad to see you go, I know we had a few good adventures togeather!

To the slave mines and I think once or twice underwater. Hope to see you again in the Fields!

Alpha-Q

IsildurFri 19-Oct-07 06:46 PM
5969 posts
#62816, "RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..."
In response to Reply #0

>a goodie elf villager killing goodie is nice
>a goodie thief constantly stealing from another goodie is nice as well
>an agressive maran wannabe who punishes that thief for
>continuous stealing from him (after trying to persuade with
>words of course) - is punished! I've asked our common friends
>to speak with you about peace as well. No luck...So I hardly
>understand what should I do after you stole really good things
>from me third time

Elf thieves and ragers aren't part of a cabal that expressly forbids attacking "the light". If you were a maran, then you were part of such a cabal.

As for what you could have done in that situation, well, you could have petitioned some powerful good-aligned immortal (IC) to "turn his back" on the particular goodie who was acting non-good. In other words, you actively work towards getting that person turned neutral. THEN, if they continue to mess with you, you can kick their ass and not directly violate the maran code.

RayihnFri 19-Oct-07 05:25 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#62815, "RE: Deleted. Some thoughts, goodbyes and all such stuff..."
In response to Reply #0

It's odd to me that Soayel was the only fortie you liked but you don't even know his gender. But ok.

I watched this character some and never got a good 'vibe' from him. Keep in mind for your next try that alignment is more than what shows up on your score. I think the other members of the Fortress felt similar, which is why they weren't too keen on recs.

As far as Clarisandrie knows, you have no idea the consequences she faces. We'll put it that way.

Doweran (Guest)Sat 20-Oct-07 02:44 AM

#62827, "Okay, whats wrong with my 'alignment'? I mean before th..."
In response to Reply #4

though even that occassion was fine as for me. As I said, evil is what you are doing, not what you are seeing in 'score'

Zorran (Guest)Fri 19-Oct-07 04:51 PM

#62813, "You were a good foe."
In response to Reply #0

We had some decent fights. I must say that the conjie vs. invoker matchup is kind of annoying all in all. I could knock your archon dead given a bit of time, but you kept dispelling me which made it a flee/reshield fest.

Just ended up with either of us going poof.

Pro (Guest)Fri 19-Oct-07 04:36 PM

#62811, "Unless things have changed."
In response to Reply #0

You've had to have Immortal approval to strike a Goody first. No matter what.

You seem to have a serious set back when it comes to grasping things people were communicationg to you.

You do seem like you have a sense of entitlment.

Pro (Guest)Fri 19-Oct-07 04:38 PM

#62812, "Additionally."
In response to Reply #1

I do agree with some of your assesments especially of the Paladins you mentioned.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62808 Previous topic | Next topic