Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Xietio Prumatti the Legend of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62643
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 13-Oct-07 11:24 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62643, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Xietio Prumatti the Legend of the Battlefield, Magistrate of Galadon"

Sat Oct 13 23:20:10 2007

At 9 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 27th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Xietio perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:238

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Why Did I Delete?, Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:46 AM, #1
     Reply Some comments, Throkk (Guest), 15-Oct-07 03:02 AM, #2
     Reply Concerning dagger skills, Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 09:16 AM, #10
     Reply Tribunal, Siloreelo (Guest), 15-Oct-07 03:59 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Adina (Guest), 15-Oct-07 07:54 AM, #4
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 07:59 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 09:05 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 09:13 AM, #9
          Reply What about Provincial?, Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 09:22 AM, #11
               Reply RE: What about Provincial?, Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 09:37 AM, #13
                    Reply RE: What about Provincial?, Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 10:23 AM, #15
                         Reply RE: What about Provincial?, Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 12:48 PM, #20
                              Reply This is the type of feedback..., Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 01:22 PM, #22
                                   Reply RE: This is the type of feedback..., Daevryn, 15-Oct-07 02:15 PM, #23
                                   Reply Heh that's just not how trib works., Odrirg, 15-Oct-07 02:31 PM, #24
                                   Reply Hamsah is a fun city, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 15-Oct-07 02:41 PM, #25
                                   Reply RE: This is the type of feedback..., Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 05:31 PM, #27
                                        Reply Already said this in my original post., Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 07:18 PM, #29
                                             Reply RE: Already said this in my original post., Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 07:50 PM, #30
                                                  Reply How many did I have. pbf sadly wont say :( nt nt, CraftedD (Guest), 15-Oct-07 08:04 PM, #31
     Reply One possibility, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 15-Oct-07 02:50 PM, #26
          Reply RE: One possibility, Lyristeon, 15-Oct-07 06:10 PM, #28
          Reply RE: One possibility, Xenoroyal, 15-Oct-07 11:07 PM, #33
               Reply That's strange, and a change if true., Odrirg, 15-Oct-07 11:44 PM, #34
                    Reply No, guards don't follow flyto/runto command. nt, Siloreelo (Guest), 16-Oct-07 01:25 AM, #35
                    Reply It more, Daurwyn2 (Guest), 16-Oct-07 03:29 AM, #36
     Reply Why the out of range loot txt, Neyveryd (Guest), 15-Oct-07 08:47 AM, #6
     Reply No need to flame..., Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 09:04 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Linaeren (Guest), 15-Oct-07 09:35 AM, #12
     Reply My Pleasure!!, Xietio (Guest), 15-Oct-07 09:38 AM, #14
          Reply RE: My Pleasure!!, Linaeren (Guest), 15-Oct-07 10:33 AM, #16
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Daevryn, 15-Oct-07 10:39 AM, #17
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, CLarisandrie (Guest), 15-Oct-07 11:02 AM, #18
     Reply Thank you., Xietio (Guest), 16-Oct-07 09:17 AM, #38
     Reply There goes another, Breamly (Guest), 15-Oct-07 12:16 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Ilmdrin (Guest), 15-Oct-07 01:21 PM, #21
     Reply Thanks, Folsa (Guest), 15-Oct-07 10:07 PM, #32
     Reply Will miss you., Pissudin (Guest), 16-Oct-07 07:22 AM, #37
     Reply RE: Will miss you., Xietio (Guest), 16-Oct-07 07:20 PM, #40
     Reply RE: Why Did I Delete?, Talek (Guest), 16-Oct-07 09:50 AM, #39

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:46 AM

#62673, "Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #0

It was time to. This character just failed to work on many levels. I couldn't pk well, I made too many mistakes as a magistrate otherwise I would likely have been promoted to provincial weeks ago, and I got bored with him. Mostly it was my own failure as a warrior and frankly staff/spear sucks now. Impale practiced 100% and a Hitroll of 38 and I still missed 7 out of 10 impales and since most of the time my hitroll wasn't that good it was worse. Thats objectionable no matter how you look at it. Miette half naked and only equiped with the most basic items tooled me virtually every time. And that was mostly due to it being dagger spec vs spear spec and spear/staff loses in that match up almost every time. I'm sure there is some magic combo, tactics, etc but damned if I figured it out. Getting my own dagger skills up helped but by this time I was losing interest in playing fast.

Also I am ticked off and how Tribunal is (from many players perspective, not just mine) neglected by the staff. It has been almost four weeks and no new Provost? WTF? Even if the only choice is going to be King of the Hapless at least there is a king. With no leader ANY cabal becomes stagnant and that is just not excusable. And who the hell is Marcantis? You'd think the new Imm of Tribs might show up once or twice to let the majority of its members they exist. Doesn't exactly make a good impression not even getting a missive from your supposed patron god. BTW, I am not saying I deserved to make anything above magistrate and a couple of times I figured I'd get demoted for my screw ups but there are others who seem to be doing far better than I and are deserving of some recognition.

Tribunal Goodbyes:

Silo - thanks for everything, you rocked as a provost, as a warrior, and as a hot little gnomish lady. O.K. I'm making the last part up but you still rocked.

Teleon - I enjoyed our talks in the market square. You made a fine Justiciar.

Tirrael - good to see you around more, keep it up.

Adina - Another solid paladin. I'm sure you'll go far.

Shadiq - We butted heads a couple times early on but I think we did rather well later. From what I saw you started to use your forms well.

Pissudin - What can I say, you are the terminator of vindicators. You are like the roach motel for criminals. You log on, they log off.

Bolorg - Sorry I didnt get that translation finished. Another time perhaps. You are pretty solid and now that you are a hero I hope the on duty time will go up so you can get transfered.

Eufestes - Rockin shifter, one of my favorites in Tribs, like a manic on a 24/7 sugar high you just kept going and going. Unfortunate you deleted but from your dio's goodbye I see you feel the same way about tribs as I do.

Hilea - When you are about you do a good job. I hope you get the chance to play more and show what you can do.

Fretha - My fav dwarf in a long time. Yours will be the mark that I judge other female dwarves by for some time to come.

Babou - Another one I wish I could have seen more often. You are definately good to have around.

Forbin - A solid cloud warrior. I don't envy the difficulties you faced but you keep on trucking and that speaks volumes.

For any I have missed I do apologize. Please post a comment and I will do the same.

Outlander Goodbyes:

Folsa - My favorite Outlander by far. Tough Tough opponent but fair and honorable. I didn't have to prepare for a fight from you every time you were in Galadon but I still had to keep my guard up.

Thokk - We only fought a few times and I never did get the kill I should have but you hit like a truck and I could do little the first couple times. Unfortunate there was no interaction from you even when I tried to initiate it.

Brollos - Another decent outlander who wasnt afraid to chat it up a bit. Nice work from what I've seen.

Neyveyrd - Your looting me out of range really pissed me off. Its about as cheap a thing as you can do in this game and dropping three items flat does not mean you returned anything. I got the full loot back even if it took half of the tribs to take you down, as tough as you are. But I meant what I said in that If you had fallen to me again I would not have full looted. I never full loot unless done to me first. Anyways. Fearsome Fearsome Transmuter, even more so than most others which leads me to...

Marja - Another tough transmtuer. We never interacted but you were very agressive and skillful.

Miette - I really hated you. I never got a moments peace with you on and it sucked. I just couldn't fight you. Staff/Spear is no match for even a half prepared dagger spec. Intersting rp choice in not taking things you felt were 'defiled' but the touch of tribs, empire, etc.

Linaeren - We never got an honest chance to fight. It was just me already almost dead at the Inner and you just swooping in and sealing it but believe me I do not fault you for that in the least. I doubt it would have ended good for me but at least I might have had a fighting chance.

Nexus Goodbyes
In general - Having had a nexus leader some of the things you pulled like attacking me when there were a half dozen imperials on etc really ticked me off and If I were still a leader would be reason to boot. It is way too easy to go after a magistrate on duty when they have a beacon next to their name showing right where they are. And when the Refuge had the scales and you were on you were nowhere to be found except for Glimdar. At least he seems to have the proper perspective of Balance. The ganging didnt help my impression of you either especially when most of the shifters could take me by themselves anyways. Despite that I liked most of you but from having received a good deal of the Nexus lovin I understand the playerbases frustration with this cabal as it is currently being played.

Breamly - Komodo is way too kick ass. Even with perfect STSF against you your rakes never missed and frankly this form strikes me as an uber powerful utility form, not defense. You played it well and it showed.

Ciselor - Cobra was nasty, then again so was Manta. You really enjoyed being wanted it seems even when chaos was in full swing. And yes, I asked about the Balance quite a bit so I am aware of what state it was in when you tended to attack.

Glimdar - Good dwarf, solid Nexun, the others could really take some lessons from you on proper keeping of the Balance.

Dumbin - You also had a real solid view of the Balance and how to keep it. I'm shocked you didnt make Meter.

Zennon - Pretty solid warrior, rather stoic which is a nice rp choice.

Other Goodbyes:
For anyone else I might have missed please post a comment. For anyone offended I am not meaning to be I am just trying to be honest about my experiences from Xietio's perspective. As usual how you relate to your own cabal and others could be vastly different and worthy of accolades.

--Xietio Prumatti

Throkk (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 03:02 AM

#62677, "Some comments"
In response to Reply #1

> Mostly it was my own failure as a warrior and frankly staff/spear
> sucks now. Impale practiced 100% and a Hitroll of 38 and I still
> missed 7 out of 10 impales and since most of the time my hitroll
> wasn't that good it was worse.
>
> I'm sure there is some magic combo, tactics, etc but damned if I
> figured it out.

Don't sweat it. It's for fighting mobs and the occasional impale.

>Thokk - We only fought a few times and I never did get the kill I
> should have but you hit like a truck and I could do little the
> first couple times.

Yeah, CF can be unfair like that sometimes
On a more serious note, impale is a poor choice against Throkk. Use those daggers, man! You can land much more -str in the same amount of time _and_ dish out more damage with concealed. Dagger specs make Throkk run all the time. Just look to our last fight, where you didn't even maladict, and I still ran.

>Unfortunate there was no interaction from you even when I tried to >initiate it.

I guess I was busy with other things. I don't mind a little banter, even though Throkk is a simple giant.

I hope you have more fun with the next one.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 09:16 AM

#62691, "Concerning dagger skills"
In response to Reply #2

>Yeah, CF can be unfair like that sometimes
>On a more serious note, impale is a poor choice against
>Throkk. Use those daggers, man! You can land much more -str in
>the same amount of time _and_ dish out more damage with
>concealed. Dagger specs make Throkk run all the time. Just
>look to our last fight, where you didn't even maladict, and I
>still ran.

After getting killed by you at the Captain then ganged at the Inner I took alot of time off duty (though almost always only when others were able to watch galadon) and go work on those dagger skills and once I had them all into the mid to upper 90s was when we fought that last time and you're right, it is a superior pk spec.

Siloreelo (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 03:59 AM

#62679, "Tribunal"
In response to Reply #1

I will admit that I'm part of the reason that there is no Provost. Before age dying, Marcatis asked if theres any suitable candidate. From IC point of view, Siloreelo felt there is none, and replied accordingly to Marcatis.
Anyway, Siloreelo really liked Xietio the moment they met, and was impressed with Xietio. The only part that Siloreelo and I(player) didn't like is Xietio has got alot of bad luck. Siloreelo and I(player) wish you good luck for all future characters.

Adina (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 07:54 AM

#62684, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

Thank you for the words of confidence. Marcatis seems to be on exactly as the "wizlist" says. He does promote but you have to prove to him that your worth his time/decision.

What the IMMs need to do is promote people. If they do not, the Tribunals will go down the drain. The tribunals need a leader. There people who have expressed thoughts on which part of the Spire they would like to play.

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 07:59 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62685, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

>Also I am ticked off and how Tribunal is (from many players
>perspective, not just mine) neglected by the staff. It has
>been almost four weeks and no new Provost? WTF? Even if the
>only choice is going to be King of the Hapless at least there
>is a king. With no leader ANY cabal becomes stagnant and that
>is just not excusable. And who the hell is Marcantis? You'd
>think the new Imm of Tribs might show up once or twice to let
>the majority of its members they exist. Doesn't exactly make
>a good impression not even getting a missive from your
>supposed patron god. BTW, I am not saying I deserved to make
>anything above magistrate and a couple of times I figured I'd
>get demoted for my screw ups but there are others who seem to
>be doing far better than I and are deserving of some
>recognition.

Marcatis is around a lot and he and I have talked about a new Provost quite a bit.
The one person we think would be a good Provost doesn't have an interest in
being it. Unfortunately, there hasn't been anyone else who has stepped it up
enough to be considered for the position. To be quite frank, we were looking at
you. But, in your own words, you kept making mistakes. I wouldn't call them
flagrant, but, one moment you would look like the frontrunner and then you
would do something that just made us shy away. The last time we just promoted
a Provost just to have one didn't work out so well. Tribunal is getting kicked in
the junk a bit right now, but, it isn't from lack of watching.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 09:05 AM

#62689, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #5

> Tribunal is getting kicked in the junk a bit right now, but, it isn't from lack of watching. <

No, It's from a lack of action.

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 09:13 AM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62690, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #8

I think Marcatis has done a fine job considering what he has to work with. He shouldn't promote anyone who isn't capable of handling the position.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 09:22 AM

#62692, "What about Provincial?"
In response to Reply #9

Silo had me up for provincial six weeks ago. What I did do very well was interviews and being on duty. As a provincial you can make a difference without the potential hazards making mistakes while being Provost. Marcatis and you should at least fill another provincial position so there is better coverage in the cities and the ability to induct once in awhile. Rywald is a good provincial but our times did not overlap often another provincial to cover the later time slot would help as well.

--Xietio

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 09:37 AM
1282 posts
#62694, "RE: What about Provincial?"
In response to Reply #11

My initial statement answered that. Leader positions should be filled based upon ability, not need. You were bumped to Galadon because of the urgency, and a chance to prove yourself, not because of being outstanding. Sorry that it has left you bitter, but, that's exactly what happened.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 10:23 AM

#62697, "RE: What about Provincial?"
In response to Reply #13

If I was the front runner why not jump in the executioner and give me or the others a nudge? Having been a supervisor IRL if someone was almost to a point of promotion but not quite there it was my duty to help them improve in the areas expected. Seeing as Tribunal is promotion based and you and Marcatis are the effective leaders with no Provost and it falls on you to guide those beneath you, and if they are failing it ultimately reflects on you both.

--Xietio

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 12:45 PM
1282 posts
#62713, "RE: What about Provincial?"
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Mon 15-Oct-07 12:48 PM

Hrm...maybe I wasn't clear enough. Typically speaking, people who are up for promotion have to have some qualifications. Time on duty, criminals made wanted and criminals caught all play a part. Having good judgment and not making mistakes also play a part. You were being looked at for promotions because you were getting close to meeting the first group of criteria. Getting close, but not quite there. You weren't being promoted because of the second group of criteria.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 01:22 PM

#62715, "This is the type of feedback..."
In response to Reply #20

...that magistrates of every level need. Tribs is not an easy cabal despite what people thing. It can be newbish but in the end it is extremely complex and as such regular feedback from provost, and lacking that the imm is what is needed. That has not been happening and if you want tribs to rise up that is what is needed.

DaevrynMon 15-Oct-07 02:15 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62717, "RE: This is the type of feedback..."
In response to Reply #22

That's a good point and something I'm personally terrible about as a cabal imm.

OdrirgMon 15-Oct-07 02:31 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
#62718, "Heh that's just not how trib works."
In response to Reply #22

Since grurk's early days, anyway. Since Grurk's time first dropped off the first time he took a hiatus, the imms overlooking trib have had the following duties....

smack down mistakes. Induct if noone is in a position to induct. promote cities if they have sufficient time on duty without mistakes. appoint a provost if someone deserves it based on criteria no mortal knows other than the nebulous "do good work"...which is more than a little impossible when you are stationed anywhere but galadon at a time when noone is taking the scales when you are online.

Nowhere in there is mentioned anything about teaching newbs.
Spire morale. patting on the head. conversing about legal particulars in order to instruct/test members. Acknowledging the existance of any but 1-2 mortals, and those usualy only if they are of the imms religion. give a punch in the shoulder and a "buck up" when steamrolled by criminals. etc.

Now, I know more than one that hoped the existance of a new imm who would actually be visible and is just a tribby imm would fix the lack of any immteraction above the bare minimum to keep tribby barely working.

Heck, even astein, in the early times, would interact (sure, it was an assholish role, but fun to interact with, and he wasn't above interacting).

I might be wrong about the new imm, heck, I don't have any first hand experience one way or the other, but I haven't heard any "Thanks for the cool interactions, Marcantis" or "Damn you for the interactions, Marcantis" posts...both of which are preferrable to the complete silence that the law cabal got for many years under the absentee mom Bria.

The way I look at it. Just expect the imms to do the bare minimum with tribby. Tribby has been the red-headed stepchild for a REALLY long time.

And by bare minimum, I mean, promoting people up from seantryn before they delete from boredom, and keeping at least one person with the induct power so that they don't have to bother inducting.

Sure, most of us would like the kind of lovin Thror and company used to give to Battle, but that just isn't ever going to happen, especially with tribby.

just accept it instead of whining about it, and make up roles that don't need any imm acceptance or acknowledgement, and realize that you will probably spend 100's of hours as magistrates in cities other than galadon, sitting doing nothing because let's be honest, only galadon gets 99% of the action. If you want to play tribby, accept that, and deal with it, and have fun despite them, not because of them.

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 02:41 PM

#62719, "Hamsah is a fun city"
In response to Reply #24

You get a lot of traffic through it, which you can follow, and if you feel ambitious you can expose yourself to scion or outlander (or rager and nexus potentially) gangs.

I particularly liked Hamsah as a necro, what with a handy graveyard and the gateguards.

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 05:31 PM
1282 posts
#62722, "RE: This is the type of feedback..."
In response to Reply #22

Here is the thing, you should know, at least roughly, how many times you erred in judgment just by how many people you flagged that you had to remove the warrant. To give you a hint, you had done it 10 times as much as the guy who is comparable to you in warrants placed and time on duty. He actually has a little more time on duty and warrants placed. He also has twice as many criminals caught as you. Oh, and he is just a magistrate as well, not a provincial. I don't know why you are so surprised at the way you have been handled. Yes, you spent your time on duty. Yes, you placed warrants. You also removed just as many warrants that were placed in error as you caught actual criminals. If you can't understand why, I don't know what else to tell you.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 07:18 PM

#62724, "Already said this in my original post."
In response to Reply #27

<< I am not saying I deserved to make anything above magistrate and a couple of times I figured I'd get demoted for my screw ups but there are others who seem to be doing far better than I and are deserving of some recognition. >>

However I find it hard to believe that everyone besides Pissudin is doing so poorly that no one deserved to be promoted. If they are all having problems then perhaps some feedback might be in order, hence the point of my above post.

Let me quote something you posted earlier.

<< You were bumped to Galadon because of the urgency, and a chance to prove yourself, not because of being outstanding. >>

Again, had I know that was the situation perhaps I would have viewed my own actions with greater clarity but it does me no good to find this out after I deleted. My point once again is the need for feedback. It is evident that you have been watching Tribs rather carefully and I applaud you for doing so but there is still a need to know what not only the cabal is doing right or wrong but what each individual is doing as well. It can only help. Obviously not me now but it can help the 20 some odd individuals still playing. You yourself said Tribs is not doing so well so how are you and Marcatis going to effect a positive change? Ignoring the situation won't help and if you do not take an active role in affecting that change then watching and doing nothing is no different than ignoring problem.

--Xietio

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 07:50 PM
1282 posts
#62725, "RE: Already said this in my original post."
In response to Reply #29

The problems are from common sense, not lack of a presence. Let me lay it out for you.

You had placed 86 warrants and removed 10. You remove a warrant because it is misplaced. 1 out of 9.6 flags is bad. It's horrendous. But, I have no reports of anybody dying from it. Just to put that into perspective, if I add up the rest of the cabal of 24 players, excluding your 10, there are a total of 8 misflags from the other 23 players. That's not something that is about clarity. That's just reason to not promote.

Next, you had 10 criminals captured. Believe it or not, that is the third highest of anybody who has logged in in the past week and fourth overall. But, that goes to show you what we have to pick from for promotions. You may not be able to believe that there isn't anyone there to promote, but, the numbers don't lie. Just in case you were wondering, I know that Siloreelo and Pissudin were both over 30 when they were promoted. And Pissudin has a chance to have more than 200.

You need the executioner to tell you, "Don't place bad flags or go catch the criminals?"

You don't need the executioner to tell you what is written in the spire. Just like ragers don't need to be told, "Go forth and kill mages."

CraftedD (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 08:04 PM

#62726, "How many did I have. pbf sadly wont say :( nt nt"
In response to Reply #30

nt

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 02:50 PM

#62720, "One possibility"
In response to Reply #5

Make the vindy into the Provost?

Not sure how he or the imms would feel about that, but from what I hear, he's a death sentence to all crims. Were that not the case, it's possible that you'd get more crime, which would make being a trib more fun (apart from any ganking).

LyristeonMon 15-Oct-07 06:10 PM
1282 posts
#62723, "RE: One possibility"
In response to Reply #26

That was the one person I spoke about.

XenoroyalMon 15-Oct-07 11:06 PM
Member since 05th Jun 2003
93 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62728, "RE: One possibility"
In response to Reply #26
Edited on Mon 15-Oct-07 11:07 PM

>he's a death sentence to all crims

lol @ down;flyto $targ;bloodyshackles $targ, flyto $targ;flyto $targ;flyto $targ;order all get all corpse

I'm not making any statement about anything one way or another. I am not flaming, I am simply lolling.

OdrirgMon 15-Oct-07 11:44 PM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
#62730, "That's strange, and a change if true."
In response to Reply #33

Back in my vindie days, vindie's special guards couldn't fly with an airform, or follow through a word or teleport...or even gate.

Sure, a group teleport would work. Probably a tesseract, but that was the only way for a vindie to bring his guards with him without good old walking.

If it has changed that the guards follow an airform vindie (which I'm skeptical of) I think that's a BAD change.

Siloreelo (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 01:25 AM

#62731, "No, guards don't follow flyto/runto command. nt"
In response to Reply #34

Daurwyn2 (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 03:29 AM

#62732, "It more"
In response to Reply #34

Flyto, shackles, fight, fly away, heal, fly back, fight, flay away, heal etc.

Not many classes can withstand that.

Neyveryd (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 08:47 AM

#62686, "Why the out of range loot txt"
In response to Reply #1

First, for the record I did drop more of your stuff. It was just scattered around the mountains. I kept about five or six pieces for the hollow. Should also be noted I killed you solo about 48 hours later and took two things, and killed you with Folsa about two days after that and took nothing. Neyveryd certainly loots, but you were the person he looted hardest which leads me to...

The reason for it.

That retrieval when all three leaders were fighting Siloreelo and some others. I understand that that is a legitimate flag in a technical sense, but that doesn't mean it isn't annoying. Siloreelo in particular loved marginal technical flags (flagging for fleeing in the wrong direction after a retrieval, etc). My feeling IC and OOC was that "We'll here is an opportunity to get back at that person". Thats why I sprinkled your gear over the mountains flat. It was a kick in the junk without being debilitating, and that is all that was about. Neyveryd isn't about being nice, honorable etc, and since I felt that trib under Siloreelo used purely mechanical things to lessen the fun for Outlanders, I figured I could return the favor a little. The Tribunal/Outlander war is a self propogating hate fest, but in my opinion Tribunal generally has the inertia on their side due to the nature of their powers, and what happens when they lose their item. That is a matter of opinion, and I don't want to get into a debate about it here, but suffice to say that that is what that incident was about.

Thanks for the compliments on my toughness. It is over rated, and I'm pretty sure Xietio could have whupped me solo given different tactics. By the way, the hamstring you put on me and my own nubishness is what killed me that time at the outer, so props on that.

Flame away.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 09:04 AM

#62688, "No need to flame..."
In response to Reply #6

...what you are saying seems an honest enough reason but it is still something I as a player, even if playing evil, would never do to another player as it is simply against my own sense of fair play.

As for flagging just for fleeing into the Inner.. It is something I have fought against with every tribunal I had. I think it wholly unfair and frankly I would like to see the warning moved to the first level up the spire and not just inside for just that reason. I personally have never marked someone for fleeing in then leaving immediately.

--Xietio

Linaeren (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 09:35 AM

#62693, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

"Linaeren - We never got an honest chance to fight. It was just me already almost dead at the Inner and you just swooping in and sealing it but believe me I do not fault you for that in the least. I doubt it would have ended good for me but at least I might have had a fighting chance."

I hope you don't fault me, there were like five of you and I figured you'd go down the fastest. Congrats on giving me one of the most frustrating moments I've had in the many months I've been playing this character by looting one of my hardest won pks. Cabalmate, so I understand, doesn't mean I wasn't growling at my monitor.

Xietio (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 09:38 AM

#62695, "My Pleasure!!"
In response to Reply #12

Since I knew I wouldn't be getting much if anything back anyways there was no way I was going to let Pissudin's things get taken if I could help it.

Linaeren (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 10:33 AM

#62698, "RE: My Pleasure!!"
In response to Reply #14

You would have gotten everything actually. In fact, they had moved all your stuff outside the cabal so you could get it. I had them move it back in out of frustration. I don't really loot all that much because I don't like doing "get all corpse; order all get all corpse" and there is often not enough time to sit there and sift through it slowly so I miss out on a lot.

DaevrynMon 15-Oct-07 10:39 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#62699, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

The nature of Tribunal is that it's just not a cabal where you should get promoted if you're doing a great job 95% of the time and screwing it up 5% of the time. For every Tribunal who feels slighted because of stuff they didn't get because of their mistakes, there are twelve guys out there posting anonymously saying "OMGWTFBBQcopter corruptxxor Xietio screwed me again!! Tribunals are so lame."

I'd be willing to bet you learned from the mistakes you made along the way, and I'd be surprised if you didn't see leader country if you gave Tribunal another serious try for a while. That's more based on past experience of seeing people do just that in the past. (Make a bunch of mistakes with one Tribunal, but learn from it, and hit it out of the park at the next try.)

CLarisandrie (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 11:02 AM

#62700, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

I thought you were a very solid trib. Enjoyed 'working' with you at times. Good customer and enjoyed watching the fights.

Xietio (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 09:17 AM

#62738, "Thank you."
In response to Reply #18

I enjoyed shopping with you as well. Just wish I could have caught you stealing in galadon. I'm sure you did it a couple times when I was there . The odd helping hand was welcome as well.

--Xietio

Breamly (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 12:16 PM

#62708, "There goes another"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Xietio alot. When you mis-flagged me (twice?) you admitted you might be wrong, checked back and removed the flag in a very very thorough and respectful manner. After that I felt bad about the one time I ganged you down. People are always quick to say how powerful komodo dragon is as a defensive form but having played it I would point out it seriously lacks some defensive abilities that I would have killed for in a lot of situations. Against a spear spec, yeah its a great form against a sword/axe spec... not so much. Sorry you got disenchanted with Tribby, but I will say I would rather have the imms sit on their hands than put someone in a leader position that will only further hurt a cabal that in many players eyes stinks. Good luck with the next.

Ilmdrin (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 01:21 PM

#62714, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

Bleh, disappointing, I was hoping they would give you a shot at vindicator or something along those lines. Well done and awsome religion talks

Folsa (Guest)Mon 15-Oct-07 10:07 PM

#62727, "Thanks"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the compliments. I always thought of you very highly as well. We had some good fights, but I think you would have realized much more success if you weren't a Trib. I had a Battle character once that I deleted because it constantly felt like I was playing with handcuffs on.

I hope that your next turns out really well for you. I'd suggest playing something with fewer restrictions (hint hint hint).

If you don't mind, I'd like to post our fights.

Regards,

Folsa

Pissudin (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 07:22 AM

#62735, "Will miss you."
In response to Reply #1

A shame things did not work out for you the way you expected, they not always do...

Just wish you to know that i liked our interactions a lot and i relly liked the way you handled investigations. You were a solid presence and will be missed in the Spire. Must agree with you, you had terrible luck with impale and your spear specializations.

Hope you have a better luck and more fun with your next.

See you in the fields.

Xietio (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 07:20 PM

#62744, "RE: Will miss you."
In response to Reply #37

I really enjoyed looking deeper into crimes and mythdwoemers, my real goal was Justiciar but I knew it would never happen. That is part of the reason why I removed as many flags as I did. I wanted to seek Justice so took any reasonable claim of innocence seriously and looked deeper. Sure it makes my mistakes glaringly obvious but at least it made the players happy to have a mistake corrected without it costing them. Makes you wonder how many bad flag claims are real but never acted upon.

--Xietio

Talek (Guest)Tue 16-Oct-07 09:50 AM

#62739, "RE: Why Did I Delete?"
In response to Reply #1

Heh, I don't blame you, Tribunal is insanely boring when your character's RP isn't set up for kill every evil/good person outside of town that you see and there's a gnome air/offense shifter knocking off every criminal out there GLWYN

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62643 Previous topic | Next topic