Subject: "Deleted and gone." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62389
Show all folders

Fretha (Guest)Wed 03-Oct-07 08:34 PM

#62389, "Deleted and gone."

Fun character, LOVED the RP. Had a great time doing it.

Had SO many great people to interact with, Spire and not.
Few shout-outs:
Xietio, you were wicked. Loved the strict RP, really had Fretha looking up to you Magistrate wise.
Folsa, you were Fretha's biggest fear, was kinda' using you as a shudder topic. Cool character, love the honor thing, felt real.
Here comes the kicker, for a few:
Marja, #### you.
Continuing, Rywald was wicked. Didn't get to see much of you, but I enjoyed it.
Dwarf talk Southern American wise is WAAYYYY cooler than Scottish.
Try it out.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Bah, Odrirg, 06-Oct-07 08:16 AM, #35
Reply Aww.., Patick (Guest), 05-Oct-07 07:42 PM, #34
Reply We had some good ones, I'll miss them., Turjuk (Guest), 05-Oct-07 04:15 PM, #32
Reply Ta-ta, Marja (Guest), 05-Oct-07 01:30 AM, #24
Reply Hah!, Fretha (Guest), 05-Oct-07 07:13 AM, #28
     Reply Nice to see you're feeling better, Marja (Guest), 05-Oct-07 01:35 PM, #31
Reply Thanks for all the pats on the head! nt, Ciselor (Guest), 04-Oct-07 05:15 PM, #23
Reply RE: Deleted and gone., Deyriaras (Guest), 04-Oct-07 09:09 AM, #14
Reply Too bad., Throkk (Guest), 04-Oct-07 02:47 AM, #7
Reply RE: Too bad., Fretha (Guest), 04-Oct-07 05:37 AM, #9
Reply What the Hell, Adina (Guest), 04-Oct-07 02:14 AM, #5
Reply I sorry :(, Fretha (Guest), 04-Oct-07 05:38 AM, #10
Reply Really sad to see this., Xietio (Guest), 03-Oct-07 09:04 PM, #2
Reply The hammers, Folsa (Guest), 03-Oct-07 09:01 PM, #1
     Reply Same reply as on QHCF, Xilia (Guest), 03-Oct-07 09:32 PM, #3
     Reply Oh god...I typed AfterwOrds. NT, Xilia (Guest), 03-Oct-07 09:32 PM, #4
     Reply Gear Sacrificing Sucks, Adina (Guest), 04-Oct-07 02:27 AM, #6
          Reply Gear sacc'ing, Folsa (Guest), 04-Oct-07 05:00 AM, #8
          Reply I think you misse the whole....., Fretha (Guest), 04-Oct-07 05:39 AM, #11
               Reply I didn't., Folsa (Guest), 04-Oct-07 04:48 PM, #22
                    Reply Owned. nt, elmeri_, 05-Oct-07 01:52 AM, #26
                         Reply Okay. NT, Fretha (Guest), 05-Oct-07 07:19 AM, #30
          Reply RE: Gear Sacrificing Sucks, Lyristeon, 04-Oct-07 07:44 AM, #12
          Reply Well... TXT, Neyveryd (Guest), 04-Oct-07 08:32 AM, #13
          Reply You may as well., Xietio (Guest), 04-Oct-07 09:32 AM, #15
               Reply Please Remove My Last Post. Wasn't Appropriate., Xietio (Guest), 04-Oct-07 09:37 AM, #17
               Reply Even though you consider it inappropriate...., Fretha (Guest), 04-Oct-07 02:53 PM, #20
          Reply To me Justice in CF is..., Pro-Man (Guest), 04-Oct-07 09:37 AM, #16
          Reply RE: To me Justice in CF is..., Xenoroyal1 (Guest), 07-Oct-07 06:32 PM, #36
               Reply Clearly tongue in cheek. n/t, Pro (Guest), 07-Oct-07 08:23 PM, #37
          Reply Yer' were a funny feller'!, Fretha (Guest), 04-Oct-07 02:54 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Yer' were a funny feller'!, Lyristeon, 07-Oct-07 10:03 PM, #38
          Reply Gear sacrificing., elmeri_, 05-Oct-07 01:49 AM, #25
               Reply All right, I get it., Fretha (Guest), 05-Oct-07 07:15 AM, #29
                    Reply Look at it this way, Theerkla, 05-Oct-07 05:28 PM, #33
          Reply I think people saccing your gear would have helped you...., Lightmaged (Guest), 04-Oct-07 10:14 AM, #18
          Reply Was just SO bored with having that with the last char., Fretha (Guest), 04-Oct-07 02:51 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Gear Sacrificing Sucks, Dervish, 05-Oct-07 04:33 AM, #27

OdrirgSat 06-Oct-07 08:14 AM
Member since 16th Oct 2004
431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62481, "Bah"
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Sat 06-Oct-07 08:16 AM

I liked you, with two different characters. Sad to see you go.

-Ikemasuka

Patick (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 07:42 PM

#62477, "Aww.."
In response to Reply #0

i remember leveling with you and Xhirathos at the Chessmasters. You were the first female dwarf ive ever seen in Thera! Funny. hope to see you in the fields again soon

Turjuk (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 04:15 PM

#62474, "We had some good ones, I'll miss them."
In response to Reply #0

We had a few great fights I thought. You guys got me once when I foolishly came without metal protection and then I recruited someone to even the score (except your bard had just left you). Anyway, the hammer thing was interesting, I kinda figured you found your identity with them. I transmuted them both and returned one to you that first time. I felt as an Outlander it was destroy the wicked metal, or destroy it another way. I opted to change it and let you decide to get it back.

Anyway, great job, I hope to be back up soon, but thats one more enemy gone for now.

Marja (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 01:30 AM

#62451, "Ta-ta"
In response to Reply #0

Hrm, I composed something awful nice for you on qhcf... but it may be gone, ah well, I wanted to copypasta it here, but I suppose I'll just have to rely on my pathetic memory, here it goes:

Before deciding on this post, I deleted around five others, one cruel, one or two polite and uplifting, and three or so self-explanatory. I've decided to take the route of mixing cruelty with self-explanatory, but in no ways apologetic, here it goes:

My interaction with you went as follows:

1. I destroy your adamantite hammers, and you arrive and complain.

2. You continue complaining, while once I vaguely point out in a condescending manner where all your things -hammers are located. I then say outright your things are a pace east.

3. You continue your diatribe despite having been pointed to your things, and since you seem to feel that complaining is more important than your gear, I return and destroy everything else.

(This was my favorite part in the last post, I felt intense pride at having composed this little bit, as it was truly cruel and unforgiving, so much that it will likely sway peoples IC actions to hate me for this little ooc bit that portrays my utmost contempt for someone that would take a trivial part of the game so seriously)

After reading your post, I do feel a little sorry about destroying the hammers as the metaphor behind the symbolism and how it relates to your role has become apparent to me: You are a tool.

Being that mean just makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. Know ye this, Fretha, nothing you can say ooc about my character or me is half as bad as I am capable of making myself appear. Hate me and despise me, kay ^_^

Fretha (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 07:13 AM

#62457, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #24

You are a funny feller'.
All of this....To rip me to shreds:

Well, I was in a pissy mood that day all ready, and the loot just got to me.
I'm being as honest as I can about how I felt and reacted, and I promise I won't try to hide the fact I bitched. I even mentioned such on my reply to Folsa. I didn't say what I did was correct, or what you did wasn't. I just hated it. All right?

I loved the evil comment here, really makes me chuckle to see someone take this so seriously. The whole erodite attitude is really interesting to read, but I can't say I too fond of it.

Or, if you want me to say, as I took from the last paragraph/sentence/sarcastic-ending you evil, I hate, bad feelings, sadness, ohknowibesad, etc.

Have fun with Marja, I liked how you talked--Not so much acted, and luck with the whole Outlander thing. I'm still WAYYYY to unfamiliar with....Living to stick to an Outlander, always makes me have a kinda'.....Respect? For those who play it, since I'm so stuck to being in the city.
Only part of your post I would remove, if I were you, would be the "(This was my favorite part in the last post, I felt intense pride at having composed this little bit, as it was truly cruel and unforgiving, so much that it will likely sway peoples IC actions to hate me for this little ooc bit that portrays my utmost contempt for someone that would take a trivial part of the game so seriously)".
Just sounds silly to me.
Once again: luck, evil, for great justice, SEE IN FIELDS, etc.

Marja (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 01:35 PM

#62470, "Nice to see you're feeling better"
In response to Reply #28

I expected you to take that post worse, and being that you managed to belay my expectations and take such harsh words with a grain of salt, I can honestly say that in the future I AM looking forwards to seeing you in the game again. As far as that one comment goes, a few years back I had a character annihilated on qhcf by a highly edited log portraying me in an EXTREMELY negative light, and suddenly I noticed in game half of the people that regularly talked to me suddenly *poofed* up in smoke, and the rest were extremely wary of me. I hadn't known about qhcf and didn't discover qhcf and how horribly my character was bashed until long after it was deleted, and it explained a lot. Since then I've adopted a rather vitriolic general response to anyone that takes things ooc

But yeah, have fun with your next character, and good luck in the future.

Ciselor (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 05:15 PM

#62433, "Thanks for all the pats on the head! nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Deyriaras (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 09:09 AM

#62412, "RE: Deleted and gone."
In response to Reply #0

I was looking forward to many more run ins with you. Enjoyed the rp and the few fights we did get into. Was really looking forward to ranking with you. Take it easy.

Throkk (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 02:47 AM

#62399, "Too bad."
In response to Reply #0

Done is done, but if you enjoyed the char/RP deleting over gear is
kinda bleh. Say #### you out loud, don't talk to your enemy, grab
some weapons and a teleport and quit out. Then when you calmed down,
think about all the fun you have had with the char, and what you
might have still. Log in a few days later and carry on.

You seemed like a fine trib.

I would like to have experienced some more of your american dwarf
apart from being sneered at and manacled.

(Not to mention it would have been fun to actually fight you )

Good luck with the next.

Fretha (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 05:37 AM

#62405, "RE: Too bad."
In response to Reply #7

You were an ass causing chaos and all, but seeing you
as a player just run in and smash stuff....Makes me want to roll an
Outlander.
Wicked job.

Sadly, I was always stuck fighting Folsa who was on average 9 ranks above me.

Adina (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 02:14 AM

#62397, "What the Hell"
In response to Reply #0

This sucks...I loved you to be around...Loved your Dwarf RP...Who is gonna do my sword?

Well done on the char...See you in the fields

Fretha (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 05:38 AM

#62406, "I sorry :("
In response to Reply #5

Ain' be forgettin' yer' sword, all yer' gotta do is go en' grab er' hammer, hit der' sword a few times, 'en all will be doin' well.

Adina was cool. Always older than me

Xietio (Guest)Wed 03-Oct-07 09:04 PM

#62392, "Really sad to see this."
In response to Reply #0

I thought you did a really good job other than needing to be on duty more. You were definitely one of my favorite in the spire and I really wish you had stuck it out. I realize some outlanders just have a way of ruining the experience for a character but I think you could have stuck with it and gone far. I hope your next character is a blast... and not an outlander while I'm still alive.

--Xietio

Folsa (Guest)Wed 03-Oct-07 09:01 PM

#62391, "The hammers"
In response to Reply #0

I liked you until it came to your weapons. You literally loved those hammers more than life itself.

They were adamantite hammers. Some outlander that does not share your views may sac them when you die. Just like some Tribunal may take wanted Outlander weapons when they die. It is more or less appropriate cabal RP.

I was quite frankly stunned at your tells to me after I killed you and took the hammers. I _did_ have a use for them (they could be transmuted to wood). Yet the amount of whining I received from you about taking them - and the threats of retaliatory full loots - disgusted me. I actually went against my RP and gave them back to you. I am neutral, so I suppose I could justify it, but it's a stretch.

When you died tonight, your hammers were sacrificed before I could stop Marja from doing it. The rest of your gear was left intact. You asked me who sacrificed the hammers and I told you. You then proceeded to pull, I assume, the same tirade on Marja. She is evil. She didn't want to hear it. She started to sacrifice your gear.

I honestly cannot blame her. It's just gear, forgecrafted or not. You can replace it.

Why ruin a good character over some black hammers?

Xilia (Guest)Wed 03-Oct-07 09:32 PM

#62393, "Same reply as on QHCF"
In response to Reply #1

I whined like a bitch. Really wanted them back.
Had just spent both 167hour forge-times making those, just really bummed me out to lose them so fast, felt like an ass whining....but I really wanted them RP wise, as Fretha was ONLY hammer warrior.
Wasn't just about the hammers for delete. Just the character...Bleh. Pissed me off, a lot.
Loved Folsa, saw you on a few characters--You always kicked ass. But it wasn't about the hammers or the armor, it's much more immature than that. I honestly have a hard time working with people who have that...Marja attitude. I love the Evil class, sacs, all of it--But that one just...Got to me?
Call me retarded, I guess, my apologies.

Mentioning hammers, I got the forgeborn edge--Thinking I'll post it on the Bug-Board.
Never messed up a weapon before I perfected Forgecraft and got the edge, but afterwords I couldn't forge ANYTHING.

Xilia (Guest)Wed 03-Oct-07 09:32 PM

#62394, "Oh god...I typed AfterwOrds. NT"
In response to Reply #3

I see a red door and I want it painted black......

Adina (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 02:27 AM

#62398, "Gear Sacrificing Sucks"
In response to Reply #1

Its not right just to sac gears. I dont care what alignment you are, you just making a statement that I HATE for you enjoying the game.

Its a Multi-player game, if you sac gear that just sucks for your opponent. When half the gears is gone, you just spoiled the day of your opponent. Just take what you want, and leave the rest. Take the coins/weapons, but leave the rest so you don't handicap the other.

I hate outlanders when they come upon a corpse and just make steaks/sacks out of it.

Folsa (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 05:00 AM

#62404, "Gear sacc'ing"
In response to Reply #6

I have sacrificed gear from a corpse, though not from this character. Every single time it was because the person I killed mouthed off to me at some point.

I think trash talking is worse for the game than sacrificing gear. His gear was intact except for the hammers, which again, were adamantite. An evil outlander saw them and sacrificed them, per her/cabal RP.

Just like most every trib, evil or not, takes the weapons of a criminal. The rest of Fretha's gear was intact, until she started mouthing off at Marja.

Fretha (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 05:39 AM

#62407, "I think you misse the whole....."
In response to Reply #8

Me being naked except for head, chest, legs and arms.

Even my sack was sacrificed.

Folsa (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 04:48 PM

#62430, "I didn't."
In response to Reply #11

I watched the whole thing. Marja started sacrificing your gear AFTER your tirade. She even commented over the CB to the effect of an apology for not respecting my wishes to leave your gear, but that she just could'nt let what you were saying slide.

elmeri_Fri 05-Oct-07 01:52 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62453, "Owned. nt"
In response to Reply #22

nt

Fretha (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 07:19 AM

#62459, "Okay. NT"
In response to Reply #26

Longer boats are coming to win us,
They're coming to win us, they're coming to win us,
Longer boats are coming to win us,
Hold on to the shore, they'll be taking the key from the door.

LyristeonThu 04-Oct-07 07:44 AM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62410, "RE: Gear Sacrificing Sucks"
In response to Reply #6

Sacrificing, destroying and taking certain gear is expected of certain cabals. Outlanders are supposed to destroy adamantite. Druids can turn it into wood. Tribunals are supposed to take weapons. Battleragers are supposed to take magic so it can be destroyed. Nexus puts powerful magic items in the Nexus vault. Fortress is supposed to destroy evil gear. Paladins can remove the taint of the gear. Scion destroys gear for their own purposes to make them stronger. This is not about hating the player, these are all solid rp reasons.

Neyveryd (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 08:32 AM

#62411, "Well... TXT"
In response to Reply #12

I'll take the blame for Marja saccing adamantite stuff, and everyone can go home.

Hows that?

Xietio (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 09:32 AM

#62413, "You may as well."
In response to Reply #13

Since you seem to enjoy full looting people lower than your range that you had no part in killing.

Xietio (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 09:37 AM

#62415, "Please Remove My Last Post. Wasn't Appropriate."
In response to Reply #15

Sorry

Fretha (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 02:53 PM

#62421, "Even though you consider it inappropriate...."
In response to Reply #15

That's what it was.

The whole Marja didn't even kill me thing, yet STILL sacced my gear.

Just....Bleh....I'm being horribly pissy.
Forget it all, time from CF is good.

Pro-Man (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 09:37 AM

#62414, "To me Justice in CF is..."
In response to Reply #12

Mages sacrificing all of a Battleragers Non-magical gear.

I don't sacrifice #### unless I:

1) Accidently end up with something I didn't want and its far to long for me to give it back.

2) They have done it to me.

3) They've gone a long way to pissing me off.

4) They are a follower of yours.

Xenoroyal1 (Guest)Sun 07-Oct-07 06:32 PM

#62503, "RE: To me Justice in CF is..."
In response to Reply #16

Yeah thattle teach them.

Make the player pay for what the imms decided to make them do.

Pro (Guest)Sun 07-Oct-07 08:23 PM

#62504, "Clearly tongue in cheek. n/t"
In response to Reply #36

Fretha (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 02:54 PM

#62422, "Yer' were a funny feller'!"
In response to Reply #12

I loved that last bit of tells you gave me, though they were entirely...Asinine? I still considered them Immteraction. Thanks much for it, and I don't care what anyone says--Keep on Imp'in.

LyristeonSun 07-Oct-07 10:03 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62506, "RE: Yer' were a funny feller'!"
In response to Reply #21

Totally meant to be funny in an evil sort of way.

elmeri_Fri 05-Oct-07 01:49 AM
Member since 13th Dec 2004
252 posts
#62452, "Gear sacrificing."
In response to Reply #12

Do you know how lame it is when in a game with limited eq, #### is never in. Sure, it sucks balls when it happens to you, but it's not a huge deal. If you bitched over it, you deserve it.

Fretha (Guest)Fri 05-Oct-07 07:15 AM

#62458, "All right, I get it."
In response to Reply #25

I bitched over it, I deserve it.
I'm kinda' getting the idea that many think like that....I'm not attempting to argue or anything, I give you my word, but that though-process just....Doesn't seem possible to me.

I really can't say anything else to this, seeing as I bitched.
According to what you said, I deserved it.

Thanks for the meaningful comment?

TheerklaFri 05-Oct-07 05:28 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1055 posts
#62475, "Look at it this way"
In response to Reply #29

Returning your gear really is a courtesy. Me deciding to be nice to you. If I kill you and return anything it's something I chose to do out of gamesmanship, fairplay, because I'm a nice person, whatever reason. Now, if while I'm trying to explain my courtesy to you you do nothing but chew me out and call me names? Not only that, but you won't even attempt to listen to my attempts at rational explanations? Well, I'm not really inclined to be courteous to you at that point.

Also, some people are just royal jerks whenever you kill them. There have been characters that I avoid fighting, not because I can't beat them, but because I don't want to listen to them after killing them. If we have limitted interaction, your responding poorly to getting killed might accidentally get you categorized as one of those griefers - either surprisingly or not surprisingly, the players that complain the most about getting full looted are also the ones most likely to full loot/sac your things.

Lightmaged (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 10:14 AM

#62416, "I think people saccing your gear would have helped you...."
In response to Reply #6

Given that your last char was Xilia. Having a few jerks full sac you will instill some tactics into the player not to stand around out of form in Galadon, talking to young people.

It makes you a better PK to be pissed off and seeking revenge on some jackass that just full looted/sacced you.

Fretha (Guest)Thu 04-Oct-07 02:51 PM

#62420, "Was just SO bored with having that with the last char."
In response to Reply #18

Was really hoping for a char with....Well....Less lootage.

DervishFri 05-Oct-07 04:33 AM
Member since 11th Oct 2003
617 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via ICQ
#62456, "RE: Gear Sacrificing Sucks"
In response to Reply #6

I think its fine to sac what you need to sac by RP, to get what you need to use and to leave other in corpse

But saccing everything is just a ####

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #62389 Previous topic | Next topic