Subject: "(AUTO) [None] Vwarg the Legend of the Battlefield" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61855
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 24-Sep-07 06:12 AM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61855, "(AUTO) [None] Vwarg the Legend of the Battlefield"

Sun Sep 23 09:29:05 2007

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Vwarg perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:None, None
Hours:213

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Fer what its worth, Ysaloerye, 25-Sep-07 12:04 PM, #16
Reply So are we removing all negative criticism, unless it's ..., Vladamir, 24-Sep-07 11:11 AM, #1
     Reply Here's the problem as I see it., Pro-man (Guest), 24-Sep-07 11:29 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Vlad being spot on., Drokk, 25-Sep-07 03:57 AM, #7
     Reply RE: So are we removing all negative criticism, unless i..., Lyristeon, 24-Sep-07 12:47 PM, #3
     Reply Unfounded?, Vladamir, 24-Sep-07 02:49 PM, #6
     Reply Constructive?, Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 02:09 PM, #4
          Reply I think very constructive., Vladamir, 24-Sep-07 02:48 PM, #5
               Reply RE: I think very constructive., Lyristeon, 25-Sep-07 04:49 AM, #8
                    Reply Actually..., Vladamir, 25-Sep-07 06:05 AM, #9
                    Reply RE: Actually..., Lyristeon, 25-Sep-07 06:38 AM, #10
                         Reply RE: Actually..., Vladamir, 25-Sep-07 07:23 AM, #11
                         Reply RE: Actually..., Lyristeon, 25-Sep-07 07:36 AM, #12
                              Reply For what it's worth, Theerkla, 25-Sep-07 06:13 PM, #18
                                   Reply Who said he didn't?, Pro-man (Guest), 25-Sep-07 10:11 PM, #19
                         Reply Yah, those uncabaled warriors are a real danger and all..., Guy (Guest), 25-Sep-07 08:07 AM, #13
                              Reply Too simplistic, Daevryn, 25-Sep-07 09:41 AM, #14
                                   Reply I didn't see him that much, but, Guy (Guest), 25-Sep-07 10:06 AM, #15
                    Reply No he didn't, you did., Pro-man (Guest), 25-Sep-07 06:03 PM, #17

YsaloeryeTue 25-Sep-07 12:04 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#62016, "Fer what its worth"
In response to Reply #0

Well as Lyr said at one point Vwarg had the mageslayer title because he had the most MPKs in Battle.
However there were times I would see him take out just some random nobody for no apparent reason, and I would scratch my head and think WTF was that all about. So I would watch him to see if it was a definite pattern, getting my spikey boot ready for an ass plunging, but next I would see him take out 2 or 3 mages in a row, or some Imperial, and I would back off the boot.
Vwarg wasn't what I would deem a good berserker, I definitely think there could have been more depth to him and there were certainly some questionable kills and actions that I wouldn't have taken. Ultimately I had him uninducted because he hadn't shown face in ages and there were loads of other potentials hankering for a spot in the village.

VladamirMon 24-Sep-07 11:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#61943, "So are we removing all negative criticism, unless it's ..."
In response to Reply #0

I'm just curious, so I don't waste my time trying to be constructive just to have my posts yanked anymore.

Pro-man (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 11:29 AM

#61946, "Here's the problem as I see it."
In response to Reply #1

Your points are most often valid and strait to the point. They hold up to nearly every attack and when they do, the targets thereof and their supporters start reaching high ito their colons to justify what they do. This tends to cause long stimulating threads that certain staff memebers use as a means to clip your wings.

I really do believe it's done just as an in your face to you Vlad by "You know who." I'm not jesting, it's so bad that when I see posts recycle to the top for no reason on controvesial characters, I assume you posted and had it clipped if you were at any way involved in the thread.

The bad part of it all is that, it prevents people from making a choice on whether your point is valid or not. It's an odd form of E-agism.

You've been contributing to the game for years and while you're a bit more caustic than I am in the way you post, you're damn near spot on everytime. What's more, when you aren't, you own up which is far more than many of the players and staff won't do.

I got your back and I hope you read this before it's cut.

Cat lovers unite!

DrokkTue 25-Sep-07 03:57 AM
Member since 10th Mar 2004
51 posts
Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61990, "RE: Vlad being spot on."
In response to Reply #2

Just for good measure.

I think Vlad has played some decent characters over the years.
I think he should work a bit on his temper, since it influences
his roleplay when he dies, but in general I am happy with him
playing.

However, I think Vlad's posts are often if not downright baseless, then clearly out of proportions. For years he has been pointing fingers at the immortals. Any who points out his exaggerations are shot down with how much immortal cock they suck, a tactic which I find not to strengthen his own case.

I read his commentary on Vwarg. I don't know if the things he brought up were true or not. Guess what? Judging on his previous posts I consider Vlad to having almost no credibility.

That someone didn't argue with Vlad does not mean he is right. I for just don't bother arguing with him.

LyristeonMon 24-Sep-07 12:47 PM
Member since 02nd Jan 2004
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61954, "RE: So are we removing all negative criticism, unless i..."
In response to Reply #1

While I didn't remove your post, I can see why it was done. Constructive criticism is more than welcome. Unfounded criticism isn't.

Basically, at the end of July, Vwarg had more mage kills than any non-leader in battle at the time. He just stopped showing up so he was removed because there were so many others looking for a hut. Nothing more, nothing less.

VladamirMon 24-Sep-07 02:49 PM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#61966, "Unfounded?"
In response to Reply #3

Every other person to post on that subthread agreed with me. Seems pretty well founded to me.

DaevrynMon 24-Sep-07 02:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#61962, "Constructive?"
In response to Reply #1

I have to say I didn't see that as an especially constructive post so much as, 'Man, you were such a ####ty Battle guy. Maybe you should be less ####ty.' You could call that constructive, but I wouldn't.

I read the post and let it go, but I admit that's mostly because I don't know a lot about Vwarg and couldn't say whether or not it was fair/true (being a separate issue than constructive or not).

VladamirMon 24-Sep-07 02:48 PM
1179 posts
#61965, "I think very constructive."
In response to Reply #4

I started out with what I saw as one of the characters positive traits. I then went into what I thought about the character in general, gave my reasons for why I felt that way, then followed that up with how the character made me feel as a player. I think it was very constructive. I could have probably been a little nicer about my opinion, but if THATS what you're suggesting was grounds for a removal than you might want to look back at more than a few of your own posts.

Constructive doesn't have to mean polite, as you should well know. The fact that others agreed with me, and nobody said anything to contradict my opinions of the character tends to also show my impressions were shared by others.

LyristeonTue 25-Sep-07 04:49 AM
1282 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61991, "RE: I think very constructive."
In response to Reply #5

No, you claimed he didn't kill mages. He killed more mages than any other rager at that time. Your opinion on that point no longer becomes an opinion. It is just false.

VladamirTue 25-Sep-07 06:04 AM
1179 posts
#61992, "Actually..."
In response to Reply #8
Edited on Tue 25-Sep-07 06:05 AM

What I said I was *I* never saw him kill a mage, and I *DID* see him attacking people he wasn't supposed to be which is not at all the same thing as "you never killed a mage". That position was backed up by at least two others before the post got removed, so clearly it wasn't just "CRazy old Vlad"ism. If you're going to sell out and start spewing the party line, at least read the posts before you start in on me. kthxbye.

LyristeonTue 25-Sep-07 06:24 AM
1282 posts
#61993, "RE: Actually..."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Tue 25-Sep-07 06:38 AM

There was a time, I will admit, that some of the things you stated made sense. But, now that I can see the actual numbers and watch what you state probably happened, I can now go by the facts and reality and see you mostly, and that is by far a majority mostly, have no idea what you are talking about.

Your problem is this. You take that you have never seen him kill a mage, so you assume that he isn't killing mages. Then you tack on that he is killing people that aren't enemies to battle. Let's take a look at that. Which cabal is not an enemy to a duergar rager? Tribunal if he isn't a criminal. The rest all are. I see the current commander who is evil fighting Fortress folks all the time. Just because you want to take different paths from A to B, doesn't mean those paths are the truth.

You want to call me a sellout? Just because I can see the truth now and have joined the countless others who see you as ridiculous with your rants? That doesn't make me a sellout. That makes me someone who understands.

VladamirTue 25-Sep-07 07:23 AM
1179 posts
#61994, "RE: Actually..."
In response to Reply #10

>There was a time, I will admit, that some of the things you
>stated made sense. But, now that I can see the actual numbers
>and watch what you state probably happened, I can now go by
>the facts and reality and see you mostly, and that is by far a
>majority mostly, have no idea what you are talking about.

I go by what I see for myself, and take everything else with a grain of salt.

>
>Your problem is this. You take that you have never seen him
>kill a mage, so you assume that he isn't killing mages. Then
>you tack on that he is killing people that aren't enemies to
>battle. Let's take a look at that. Which cabal is not an
>enemy to a duergar rager? Tribunal if he isn't a criminal.
>The rest all are. I see the current commander who is evil
>fighting Fortress folks all the time. Just because you want
>to take different paths from A to B, doesn't mean those paths
>are the truth.

Lets look at truth. I say to someone "I have never seen you kill a mage. I have also seen you attack a lot of people you shouldn't have been". Do either of these things mean he has NEVER killed a mage or ONLY attacks people he shouldn't be? Hell no. What this means is exactly what it says. *I* never once in my many interactions with Vwarg as both enemy and ally personally saw him attack a mage. In those same dealings with him, I also DID see him on numerous times attack people he should not as a villager have been attacking. Thats it. Those are MY observations of the character and he's welcomed to take them for what they are worth. Some of us can't go and check numbers behind the scenes, so all we have are our own personal observations. Others clearly had the same experiences with him, because they backed up what I said with their own observations. Clearly it's not just me.

>You want to call me a sellout? Just because I can see the
>truth now and have joined the countless others who see you as
>ridiculous with your rants? That doesn't make me a sellout.
>That makes me someone who understands.

Not really, just the opposite. You sold out because you suddenly seem to think people should somehow have the same mystical ability to check numbers behind the scenes that you do. We mere players who can't do those things have only one thing to go by. What we see for ourselves. Amazingly enough when all you had to go by was your own eyes, we were in agreement more than disagreement. That says it all right there. By selling out, what I mean is you no longer see things from the players perspective because you expect us to have access to the same information you do, which we don't. Thats the biggest schism with good players joining the staff, you forget what it was like to only see what a player would see. In the absence of said information, all we can go by is what we experience personally. And my experience PERSONALLY with this character was what I shared. That in no way makes up the totality of the character, it was just my experiences with the character. Isn't that what the whole point of the battlefield is? To share what our PERSONAL experinces were with a character, not just to say goodbye but to also give credit or criticism as we see fit? Or does that only apply now for the staff?

LyristeonTue 25-Sep-07 07:36 AM
1282 posts
#62000, "RE: Actually..."
In response to Reply #11

When somebody who knows the truth and explains it, accept it. It's that simple. You are arguing about something that you know nothing about. Taking something with a grain of salt is what you have shown yourself to be incapable of.

He killed the most mages, you didn't know that. He had more enemies than you realized, you should have known that. You basically told this guy that he sucked. You were wrong. Let it go.

TheerklaTue 25-Sep-07 06:13 PM
1055 posts
#62036, "For what it's worth"
In response to Reply #12

I saw him kill plenty of mages.

Pro-man (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 10:11 PM

#62064, "Who said he didn't?"
In response to Reply #18

See this is the problem. Vlad didn't once say Vwarg didn't kill mages.

But here we have the spin doctors come in and make him out to be a villan that said just that and now the masses believe it.

Guy (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 08:07 AM

#62003, "Yah, those uncabaled warriors are a real danger and all..."
In response to Reply #10

asdf

DaevrynTue 25-Sep-07 09:41 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#62009, "Too simplistic"
In response to Reply #13

Depends on the context. Depending on who they're with and what's going on, they could be. Each of my uncaballed warriors has certainly killed some Battle warriors for varying reasons.

Guy (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 10:06 AM

#62010, "I didn't see him that much, but"
In response to Reply #14

In the few times I ran into vwarg as Laviter he would run past me while I retrieved.. and go kill some poor random nexus newb, probably Xilia now that I think about it...

Pro-man (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 06:03 PM

#62034, "No he didn't, you did."
In response to Reply #8

What I read from him was the guy was attacking people he shouldn't. That's a big difference from being attacked by people who should attack him.

What I find ironic is that you and Vlad post in an almost identical tone. The main difference is that Vlad makes his report and rarely strays off topic.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61855 Previous topic | Next topic