Subject: "Deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61848
Show all folders

Tratok (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 06:15 AM

#61848, "Deleted"

What a colossal waste of my ####ing time.

Thanks for entertaining my whack ass role, Twist. You were cool.

(I bet you will get as much of a kick out of this as I did)

<1/582hp 1m/446m 85%mv> 21208tnl Type delete again to confirm this command.
WARNING: this command is irreversible. You will lose all your limited gear.
You will go into dormancy for a week before actually deleting.
Typing delete with an argument will undo delete status.
If you confirm the delete, this name will be unusable.
You will need to talk to an implementor to use it again.

Time to throw away 121 hours, 36 levels and 356500 experience.

Death tells you, 'CHECKMATE. ANOTHER GAME?'

P.S. Nepenthe, I have no idea how you mastered so many skills with Cabdru unless you used Nyathl to do it. I tried all of the most efficient techniques in the book and I was nowhere close. Not saying you cheated, but it would be nice to make your tricks a little more common knowledge if they are so obscure that vets are virtually clueless about them.

-T

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply yay me, Daurwyn (Guest), 25-Sep-07 06:40 PM, #26
Reply Right, Tratok (Guest), 25-Sep-07 06:49 PM, #27
Reply Already?, Hrefnwik (Guest), 25-Sep-07 02:16 PM, #25
Reply Question about this thread, Tratok (Guest), 24-Sep-07 04:14 PM, #24
Reply Queen to QR3. Checkmate., Twist, 23-Sep-07 08:38 PM, #18
Reply RE: Queen to QR3. Checkmate., Tratok (Guest), 23-Sep-07 10:36 PM, #13
Reply Collywobbles, Kessa (Guest), 23-Sep-07 10:01 PM, #11
Reply Damnit, I wanted another go! Cookie eating bastard. :( ..., Meraconn (Guest), 23-Sep-07 08:58 PM, #10
Reply Nuts, Sebath (Guest), 23-Sep-07 08:46 PM, #9
Reply I'm mixed with you, Tratok (Guest), 23-Sep-07 10:33 PM, #12
     Reply Not me, Sebath (Guest), 23-Sep-07 10:38 PM, #14
          Reply It's cool, Tratok (Guest), 23-Sep-07 10:43 PM, #15
               Reply Kick in the nuts?, Sebath (Guest), 24-Sep-07 12:09 AM, #16
Reply Hrm, Vanakoth (Guest), 23-Sep-07 12:41 PM, #2
Reply RE: Hrm, Tratok (Guest), 23-Sep-07 12:57 PM, #3
     Reply You arent Nep..., Kads (Guest), 23-Sep-07 05:46 PM, #5
          Reply Agree, furthermore txt, LarcatAnon (Guest), 23-Sep-07 06:45 PM, #6
               Reply Further:, Daevryn, 23-Sep-07 07:45 PM, #7
                    Reply In Order to do that, CF Player (Guest), 23-Sep-07 08:11 PM, #8
                    Reply Calling your bs neppy, Kads (Guest), 24-Sep-07 02:35 AM, #17
                    Reply Read all the words in that post. :P (n/t), Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 09:32 AM, #20
                    Reply Also:, Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 09:36 AM, #22
                    Reply I think you misunderstand TXT, LarcatAnon (Guest), 24-Sep-07 09:28 AM, #19
                         Reply Nope!, Daevryn, 24-Sep-07 09:35 AM, #21
                              Reply Heh.. you mud like i do but with better results.., Kads (Guest), 24-Sep-07 10:42 AM, #23
Reply Thought you were a newbie? *cough* liar *cough* n/t, Guy (Guest), 23-Sep-07 08:07 AM, #1
     Reply Sometimes I feel like it. nt, Tratok (Guest), 23-Sep-07 12:58 PM, #4

Daurwyn (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 06:40 PM

#62038, "yay me"
In response to Reply #0

I have finally figured out how Nep did it. It revolves around reducing your resting time as much as possible.

Tratok (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 06:49 PM

#62039, "Right"
In response to Reply #26

My method involved never resting.

Hrefnwik (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 02:16 PM

#62022, "Already?"
In response to Reply #0

Only had a limited interaction with you, but your attack on me, an assassin, a bard, and a healer was ballsy to say the least. And we pretty much put together a clinic on how *not* to successfully gang down an AP. I'd post the logs, but our failure to kill you is too embarrassing, maybe after I delete - the log really is hysterical. What's even more hysterical is that I was 15 minutes late for my performance review at work because we were chasing you all over and running from your iceballs for that long. I had literally just said "I am off" right before you walked in. E#$% like that always happens to me.

Tratok (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 04:14 PM

#61976, "Question about this thread"
In response to Reply #0

Did something get deleted from it? I might be trippin out, but I could have sworn Twist's post was beneath these others...now it is on top. What would cause that?

TwistMon 24-Sep-07 06:15 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61886, "Queen to QR3. Checkmate."
In response to Reply #0

Sorry you thought this was a waste of your time. I enjoyed our interactions immensely, and you probably got the most imm-lovin' of any char I've interacted with since I've been back (I spread it around, usually, but your role was so cool I found myself thinking "ok but I just gave him 2k xp, I better hold off for later for the next installment."

Good role, good interactions, good luck with the next.

Tratok (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 10:36 PM

#61892, "RE: Queen to QR3. Checkmate."
In response to Reply #18

Don't take it to mean I thought the interactions were a waste of time. That was awesome. I feel more like I wasted your time, and mine. Basically I am annoyed with a feeling of loss, because I loved the role and it's gone for good now, since I don't recycle them (and this one would be damn easy to spot if I did). So yeah, lots of wasted effort.

But honestly I think my tolerance for CF's "diminishing returns" has reached a point where I can't take it much anymore. That's my own issue there, and not necessarily reflective of the game as a whole. I'd try to Imm and do something constructive from there, but I don't want to jump through hoops.

Adios.

Kessa (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 10:01 PM

#61890, "Collywobbles"
In response to Reply #0

Sucks, I prolly owe at least 10 hard fought for levels and at least 2 ninja'd kb's to this character .

Thought things were just beginning when you finally joined the Empire, sucks to see this now. I certainly understand the run out of steam feeling though.

GLHF with your next and don't take not being as beastly as Nep too personal .

Meraconn (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 08:58 PM

#61888, "Damnit, I wanted another go! Cookie eating bastard. :( ..."
In response to Reply #0

nt

Sebath (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 08:46 PM

#61887, "Nuts"
In response to Reply #0

I somewhat looked forward to our future fights. I could tell immediately, given your haughty attitude and such, that you were a vet in the game (not to mention the stuff I found in your girdle that I've never seen before). Out of all the APs in the Empire, you were probably the one that I knew I had to watch out for.

Oh well. Better luck next time.

Tratok (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 10:33 PM

#61891, "I'm mixed with you"
In response to Reply #9

I enjoyed the scuffles, until you landed the sleep. It's a perfectly viable and expected tactic, so that part is fine. It was waking up to the complete overkill gangbang at the end of the full malediction suite that irked me.

Apologies, Durzan, for thinking it was three of you. It was two I guess, and the shifter showed up to watch or assist, but was late? Whatever the case, I shook that off and moved on.

What bugged me about the incident is that I had the cojones to fight you outside the Chasm, with a high-ranked conjurer trying to kill us both. I thought we were continuing the battle there on the open plains...wasn't expecting the gank. Oh well. Over-expectation on my part.

But one question: did you loot the hell out of my craptastic gear the next time I died in Grynmear, or was that the "bystander"? I can honestly say it played a factor in my deletion. I just didn't give a crap and that usually does not happen to me after full, or near-full loots. Curse of the AP's I suppose.

Sebath (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 10:38 PM

#61893, "Not me"
In response to Reply #12

I meant it when I said that I'd leave most of your items. I looted maybe..two? I don't know who looted the rest.

As for the Chasm thing, after an incident where I was slept by a bard and 4 imperials came and ganked me to death (5th one made it too late I believe), I gotta admit that I didn't feel particularly charitable or willing to look for a challenge when looking for Imperials. That really did leave a sour taste in my mouth.

Shapeshifter came on time, but he was told not to aid.

Tratok (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 10:43 PM

#61894, "It's cool"
In response to Reply #14

I knew I was dead when sleep hit. I've killed god knows how many people with sleep over the years, but I can honestly say I'd love it if all ways of destroying characters in their sleep were nuked from the game and other abilities were strengthened to compensate.

At the time it felt similar to this:

We were two guys duking it out over some hot babe or another. You slugged me, and then I caught you with a good elbow to the nose. Then you kicked me in the nuts and I kicked yours back, but we were both still good to go.

Then you said "screw this," pulled out a gun and shot me in the ####ing eye.

(And yeah, I figured it was that little bitch who looted all the crap he couldn't use. I was going to kill him)

Sebath (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 12:09 AM

#61898, "Kick in the nuts?"
In response to Reply #15

Dude, that's so dirty. If you're in a bar fight with a guy, hit him in the ribs, punch his throat, and knee him on his nose. Nuts is off limits

Vanakoth (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 12:41 PM

#61857, "Hrm"
In response to Reply #0

You seemed competent. Kind of a waste to delete a fire giant 36 ap, even if your skills weren't as high as you would wish. I foresaw some interesting times ahead of us - had you remained.

Tratok (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 12:57 PM

#61858, "RE: Hrm"
In response to Reply #2

Just ran out of steam pretty quick. It wasn't what I thought it would be.

Kads (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 05:46 PM

#61865, "You arent Nep..."
In response to Reply #3

Plain and simple a lot of vets seem to gauge themselves using Nep's chars as a scale. When it really comes down to it nep is'nt even playing the same game as we are so stop trying to one up him or even match him as a player. It will only lead to frustration, enjoy the game on its own without worrying about what neps chars did or how. Don't waste your time on conjecture and theories.

Much love
parv

LarcatAnon (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 06:45 PM

#61868, "Agree, furthermore txt"
In response to Reply #5

Try to match yourself to Twist or Kastellyn. Everyone involved; you other morts, imms, will have more fun. Probably get more imm loving to boot.

DaevrynSun 23-Sep-07 07:45 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61872, "Further:"
In response to Reply #6

Understand that I'm also trying to match Twist or Kastellyn's standard, just not in the ways you're fixated on.

CF Player (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 08:11 PM

#61878, "In Order to do that"
In response to Reply #7

You need to quit for about 10 years. Let all the uber areas get rewritten, let all wands get changed, let all combat coding get redone, etc.

You know to damn much right now.

Kads (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 02:35 AM

#61899, "Calling your bs neppy"
In response to Reply #7

You've never been an inclusive l33t, we discussed this after cabdru auto'd. You had your reasons and in some situations they might even be justified... but you don't play by Twist or Kastellyn's standard.

DaevrynMon 24-Sep-07 09:32 AM
11117 posts
#61930, "Read all the words in that post. :P (n/t)"
In response to Reply #17

All of 'em. What it says. Not what you think it says or want it to say.

DaevrynMon 24-Sep-07 09:36 AM
11117 posts
#61934, "Also:"
In response to Reply #17

I bet I've showed you a lot of things over the years. You just may not have realized it was me, possibly because I wasn't killing 800 people at the time.

LarcatAnon (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 09:28 AM

#61929, "I think you misunderstand TXT"
In response to Reply #7

I've interacted with several of your characters and never been overly impressed with your RP. It is workmanlike in my experience, but none of your chars had that *presence* that I find so compelling.

Balrahd is the only mort who consistantly imbues his characters with it, and I would consider him a very similar player to Twist or Kastellyn.

You are much more like DragonStorm or Gareths post Jubair characters. Obsessive attention to detail, unflawed but unexceptional RP, and exception mechanical knowledge. Not a flame, just how I felt.

DaevrynMon 24-Sep-07 09:35 AM
11117 posts
#61933, "Nope!"
In response to Reply #19

I understand and agree with you. I've played characters with that kind of presence, but it's been a long, long time.

Thus, in that way (among others) I'm reaching for a standard others have set. I have a hard time making characters I love enough to put forth the energy to do it, though.

Kads (Guest)Mon 24-Sep-07 10:42 AM

#61939, "Heh.. you mud like i do but with better results.."
In response to Reply #21

You tend to lose interest in your chars about as frequently as I do...

Guy (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 08:07 AM

#61853, "Thought you were a newbie? *cough* liar *cough* n/t"
In response to Reply #0

asdf

Tratok (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 12:58 PM

#61859, "Sometimes I feel like it. nt"
In response to Reply #1

nt

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61848 Previous topic | Next topic