Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of the ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61799
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 20-Sep-07 07:13 PM
Member since 28th Sep 2024
17190 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61799, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of the Macalla, MageSlayer"

Thu Sep 20 15:55:23 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Begelrut perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:48
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:170

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 20-Sep-07 04:28 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Tac, 20-Sep-07 06:27 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 20-Sep-07 06:46 PM, #3
     Reply Good character, Sebath (Guest), 20-Sep-07 07:02 PM, #4
     Reply RE: Good character, Begelrut (Guest), 20-Sep-07 07:12 PM, #5
          Reply No worries, Sebath (Guest), 20-Sep-07 07:14 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Cointreau, 20-Sep-07 07:45 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 20-Sep-07 07:50 PM, #8
     Reply Sorry to see "Rut" move on., Perdray (Guest), 20-Sep-07 07:52 PM, #9
     Reply RE: Sorry to see, Rut (Guest), 20-Sep-07 08:01 PM, #10
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Savarnic (Guest), 21-Sep-07 05:02 AM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 21-Sep-07 06:53 AM, #12
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Kalageadon, 21-Sep-07 07:01 AM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 21-Sep-07 07:15 AM, #14
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Golhyrr (Guest), 21-Sep-07 09:46 AM, #15
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 21-Sep-07 11:21 AM, #16
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Teutonium (Guest), 23-Sep-07 03:59 PM, #17
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 23-Sep-07 06:42 PM, #18
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., itsjustallat (Guest), 25-Sep-07 11:01 PM, #19
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..., Begelrut (Guest), 27-Sep-07 06:55 AM, #20

Begelrut (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 04:28 PM

#61800, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #0

For some reason, I couldn't get into this character. It had been ten years since I played my last rager and after about 100 hours, I was pretty burnt out already. I really wanted to hit some goals with a Battle character because it had been so long. I easily would have hit them if it wasn't a chore for me to log in.

But, let me say, for those of you who are battle addicts, I can completely understand why you are. The rush of the fight is awesome. My biggest problem was really more about the inability to explore. I think that's why I stopped playing battle in the first place long ago, it just took me 170 hours to finally realize that exploration is what I like to do most.

My original goal was to get 100 mage pks. I got more than half of that in my time, so, it was an achievable goal.

Battle powers - I think in my 70 some odd kills, deathblow played a part in maybe 5 of them. For those of you who think that is overpowered, which of your cabal powers fail that much?

Truesight - Didn't need it at the low levels, but, I didn't spend much time in the low levels anyway. The one thing I would like to see is it have some kind of watered down version of acute vision that wood-elves have. If you are one of the elite fighters in Thera, you should sense a someone standing in the same room as you. You don't have to be able to actually see them, but perhaps a hidden someone.

Resist with stoneskin is nice.

Spellbane is nice, but, useless against mobs. Some mobs you can't readily tell they are invokers by looking at them and when they stoneshatter you and you lose a few items, it really sucks.

Bloodthirst - I didn't use it all that much, but, it sure would be nice for it to have some extra bonuses against mental attacks. If you are in a bloodlust, things shouldn't affect your mind that much.
Especially if you have to wait for the affects to wear off.

On to goodbyes.

Behrious - You really have come a long way. Keep it going.

Raatok - Sorry about that incident. It was completely a misunderstanding of how things are supposed to work and no intent on
being a putz. You are a good drillmaster, keep it up.

Golhyrr - Watching you fight is a thing of beauty. You take tactical retreat and strike to a new level. Battle is lucky to have you.

Elemath - The guy who was closest to me by the numbers. I sure would like to see you be around more. Battle needs guys like you.

Teutonium - You are pulling off a tough act. Try to remember that you are good aligned, that's usually where the mistakes happen.

Fjarn - Get some levels! I know, I should have helped there, but, just wasn't into it.

Brinkmun - Mad props. You were what I wanted to be like as a rager.

Probably missing a few, sorry if that's the case.

Enemies

I didn't really have anyone that was a pure enemy aside from the battle storyline. I think the person who probably fought me the most was Allat. The only advice I can give you is get some levels...bobcats are not pk machines.

Imms

When I was inducted after I killed those two mages, I was a little surprised. That was a really sweet way to be inducted. Sorry, I sucked so much at the rites. None of my skills were kicking in for some reason.

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them.

'Rut

TacThu 20-Sep-07 06:27 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#61801, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

>My original goal was to get 100 mage pks. I got more than
>half of that in my time, so, it was an achievable goal.

This is very impressive to me.

>Battle powers - I think in my 70 some odd kills, deathblow
>played a part in maybe 5 of them. For those of you who think
>that is overpowered, which of your cabal powers fail that
>much?
>
>Truesight - Didn't need it at the low levels, but, I didn't
>spend much time in the low levels anyway. The one thing I
>would like to see is it have some kind of watered down version
>of acute vision that wood-elves have. If you are one of the
>elite fighters in Thera, you should sense a someone standing
>in the same room as you. You don't have to be able to
>actually see them, but perhaps a hidden someone.

Seriously? You want detect all? Take Maelstrom.

>Resist with stoneskin is nice.
>
>Spellbane is nice, but, useless against mobs. Some mobs you
>can't readily tell they are invokers by looking at them and
>when they stoneshatter you and you lose a few items, it really
>sucks.

Sucks for everyone else too.

>Bloodthirst - I didn't use it all that much, but, it sure
>would be nice for it to have some extra bonuses against mental
>attacks. If you are in a bloodlust, things shouldn't affect
>your mind that much.
>Especially if you have to wait for the affects to wear off.

You have 50 mage kills (supposedly high-survivability classes) and you want detect all and bloodthirst to give you resist mental? No thanks.

Other than those things I have nothing to contribute, so you might say I had nothing to begin with.

Begelrut (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 06:46 PM

#61802, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #2

Sorry, didn't mean for it to come across as a detect all. More of a beefed up twitchy edge. Some kind of warning because you sense someone there before an attack.

As for spellbane against mobs, it just gives the rager a better means for protection when exploring. It doesn't change the mechanics in pk at all.

Bloodthirst just seems like a skill where certain mental things shouldn't bother you. Just my two cents on it.

Sebath (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 07:08 PM

#61803, "Good character"
In response to Reply #1

Didn't fight you too much, but from what I garnished, seems to be a pretty solid character.

The only action of yours that really irked me was stating outright that you would attack me while I had 25% of my hp to defend another rager who was running to the village from an equal fight where I finally got the upperhand. I gotta say, have some pride man. Unless you're a defender, I certainly don't expect that kind of rp. At that point, I had some hidden suspicions that you were playing a berserker just for the powers instead of any type of rp.

Begelrut (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 07:12 PM

#61805, "RE: Good character"
In response to Reply #4

Sorry about that. There was a time as a rager that I really didn't understand that particular rule of engagement. Raatok cleared that up for me later on in my character's life. I assure you, I wasn't trying to be a putz and when my character sheet comes up, it should show me as a solo-killer.

As for the rp angle, we didn't talk that much if at all, so I can understand you not really knowing about me. I pretty much was just a rager going after the sinners. I would leave anything that wasn't magical and would do my best to defend a foe's corpse. There was more to it, but, it was mostly left for the ragers.

Sebath (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 07:14 PM

#61806, "No worries"
In response to Reply #5

As I said, seemed to be a solid character. At least you weren't part of the Fortress. That in itself is ok with me!

CointreauThu 20-Sep-07 07:45 PM
Member since 20th Nov 2004
300 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#61807, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

>Truesight - Didn't need it at the low levels, but, I didn't
>spend much time in the low levels anyway. The one thing I
>would like to see is it have some kind of watered down version
>of acute vision that wood-elves have. If you are one of the
>elite fighters in Thera, you should sense a someone standing
>in the same room as you. You don't have to be able to
>actually see them, but perhaps a hidden someone.

It's called maelstrom of viels.

>Spellbane is nice, but, useless against mobs. Some mobs you
>can't readily tell they are invokers by looking at them and
>when they stoneshatter you and you lose a few items, it really
>sucks.

Sucks for everyone, why should Ragers have it any different?

>Bloodthirst - I didn't use it all that much, but, it sure
>would be nice for it to have some extra bonuses against mental
>attacks. If you are in a bloodlust, things shouldn't affect
>your mind that much.
>Especially if you have to wait for the affects to wear off.

Thirst is already a very, very powerful skill. Why make it stronger?

Begelrut (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 07:50 PM

#61808, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #7

I answered these under Tac's post. It's just my opinion. No offense intended.

Perdray (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 07:52 PM

#61809, "Sorry to see "Rut" move on."
In response to Reply #1

You didn't say much, but your actions spoke loud. I knew you'd make Mageslayer.

Hope you opt to try another villager down the line. I thought you did a good job having not tried one in as long as you said you did.

Perdray

Rut (Guest)Thu 20-Sep-07 08:01 PM

#61810, "RE: Sorry to see"
In response to Reply #9

Thanks. My cabal chatter was mostly about spotting and hunting sinngers. Maybe I should have been an assassin scout. Heh. Keep plugging along. I don't know if you will ever be a full member of battle or not, but, you sure do a good job as a follower of Kastellyn.

Savarnic (Guest)Fri 21-Sep-07 05:02 AM

#61815, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

You were tough. I was looking forward to fighting you in later life. Luck in the fields.

Begelrut (Guest)Fri 21-Sep-07 06:53 AM

#61816, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #11

Good luck as the Dread Lord. The empire seems to be getting some numbers again.

KalageadonFri 21-Sep-07 07:01 AM
Member since 23rd Oct 2003
1049 posts
#61817, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

I will truly be missin you Rut, I am glad I finally choose what I did. It makes it somewhat easier to keep people in fights. You definatly could pk, with more than double me I admit I just didn't understand how you pull that #### off. Anyway hope to see you in the fields again soon, wish coulda helped finish gettin you to hero though.

Begelrut (Guest)Fri 21-Sep-07 07:15 AM

#61818, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #13

The funny thing about pulling off the pks that I did was more about how I did it 10 years ago and it still working. The war room has it right. Don't just read it, think about what it's stating. After reading it again, it refreshed my memory on hunting tactics and sure enough, it still works.

Golhyrr (Guest)Fri 21-Sep-07 09:46 AM

#61819, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

Man.. It's a shame to see you go. You seemed to be doing pretty well, but if you werent enjoying the character, you did the right thing--it IS a game, afterall. In any case, good luck on your next, I'm sure it'll be another quality character and thanks for the compliments.

Begelrut (Guest)Fri 21-Sep-07 11:21 AM

#61820, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #15

I might take a short break from playing, but, it will be short. I don't want to burn out again so quickly. Sorry if I disappointed by my leaving. I started off really wanting to do this.

Teutonium (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 03:59 PM

#61861, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

I am bummed you deleted, you obviously were adept at killing and mage killing, battle always needs that. Thanks for the comment and advice. Also, sorry I was responsible for getting you in that mess in Galadon.

Begelrut (Guest)Sun 23-Sep-07 06:42 PM

#61867, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #17

Don't worry about it. I truly believed at the time, that if the mage fled, left the area, reverted and worded, that he was fair game. I made sure that he wasn't in the area when your fight with him broke off. Live and learn. Keep it going.

itsjustallat (Guest)Tue 25-Sep-07 11:01 PM

#62074, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #1

I got to enjoying dodging you for a good seven to ten rounds before you finally starting hitting me real hard.

But yeah... how many of those shifter kills were me, stud?

Begelrut (Guest)Thu 27-Sep-07 06:55 AM

#62175, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Begelrut Loograk the Student of ..."
In response to Reply #19

I was just going to leave you alone after awhile, but, you kept coming back for more. Heck, I would have been completely justified in grabbing you by the tail as a bobcat and leading you to wands just to get you some protection. I think you only died 3-4 times to me and it was usually after that one move landed. Some times it didn't land due to that dodging, which was annoying. Good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #61799 Previous topic | Next topic