Subject: "(DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5874
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 18-Apr-02 07:17 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5874, "(DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith"

Thu Apr 18 18:02:12 2002

7 o''clock PM, Day of the Sun, 6th of the Month of the Great Evil on the Theran calendar Thallius perished, never to return.

Race:arial
Class:bard
Level:44
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:113
PK Ratio:37% (closer to 100% is better)

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith, Taranac (Guest), 24-Apr-02 09:16 AM, #6
Reply RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith, Thallius (Guest), 20-Apr-02 05:18 PM, #2
Reply RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith, Lorak, 20-Apr-02 08:16 PM, #3
Reply RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith, thallius (Guest), 21-Apr-02 10:53 AM, #4
Reply RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith, Sharvin (Guest), 22-Apr-02 07:27 PM, #5
Reply So, um, why? n/t, Lohrn (Guest), 19-Apr-02 02:50 PM, #1

Taranac (Guest)Wed 24-Apr-02 09:16 AM

#5875, "RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I am sad to see you go. Its really too bad. I enjoyed a lot of our interactions with you as Taranac...but I just couldn't get into the assassin...I played him like a warrior and didn't do the things I wanted to do because of that. So, I decided to move onto a village warrior...who enjoyed the couple of times he got to travel with you before you disappeared. Can you guess who...will say more when my current character goes away.

Good Luck

See you in the fields

Thallius (Guest)Sat 20-Apr-02 05:18 PM

#5876, "RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith"
In response to Reply #0

Hrm then well I am gone, all who hated me rejoice! Life as a battle bard was tough for me. Especialy since at low ranks as a scout I was constantly ganged by scions who would just bash me to death, and when i reached hero range I switched from scout to defender and got ganged by every invoker out there constantly. I stuck with it and was down to about 10 con I think and the rest was draining fast as every time i went to go learning someone or another would kill me, damn you seekers and sylvans and scions *wink*. Ohh well I had a lot of fun, really wish I would have gotten to hero but I would have died to con long before then. Would like to hear peoples thoughts on thallius as he was a little different in the way he acted as a villager.

by the way no role for those who think they cannot get a bard or paladin into battle without one.

buh-bysies

BATTLE
yulithe: knew you were new and was surprised as hell that you were made commander, I though for sure omodonore was gonna get it, well it was more often then not me and you or me you and taranac with some appearances by dragendor and omodonore. I was sad to hear after I came back from college visits that you had been denied

Taranac: Man why did you go and delete you were my favorite companion

Dragendor, omodonore, lohrn, solphia, grubbin, zenguko: all of you were great companions, I always looked at you all as sort of children though. I had been in the village a long time and you all were still young, but ytou all did me proud.

thralkoz... you I had mixed emotions about, I remeber before the rights that yulithe won that you just started showing up and that after the rites you disappeared until yulithe was denied. Thallius did not like that and in fact had you resurfaced while yulithe was commander he had intended to remove you for staying in your hut if I am not mistaken. But in the end you proved to be very dedicated adn I think you will make an okay commander(not as good of one as I would have *wink*)

NEXUS

I hate you all... just kidding, you sure made life hard for me always ganging me, nothing i could do against thalongrim once he started bashing, and lorak you never fought alone, I now really hate neuroligcal disruption because of you, I played an old-school seeker(terenvil) and I just don't like the changes that have been made ohh well you all were nice people and thanks for not looting me all the time, of course I had to loot you but that was because in char Thallius HATED mages with a passion.

everyone else...

dugruain why did you go and immort I was only ranking after 40 for one reason, that was to kill you. When you turned from being an ally to a hunted I was pissed because you betrayed thallius. Was gonna earn frightful fiend and walk right up to you in town and sing it every single time i was not wanted. but you did imm and one of my goals was destroyed.

thror: Just out of curiosity what did you think of the bard from Thar-Acacia(thats me if you forget my letter of introduction) Tobeldest did not think I would make it when we first interviewed but well I think he has since changed his mind. How much would thallius have had to do more in order to earn frightful fiend.

ohh well my line of ragers is a little done back to warlocks(like my last... trebtor) see you in the fields my friends

LorakSat 20-Apr-02 08:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
0 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#5878, "RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith"
In response to Reply #2

Heh, well wish I could of got you alone just once when you didn't have the head. I would have had it so easy. I had so many bard protections I gathered during Scion wars for Marcalius and still had then you came along. You got a bit annoying younger years which made me want to use them protections against you. Every time I hunted you alone you left. I'm not liein....every time you ended up leavin. It was upsetting. Well all in all Thallius was annoying but respectable at times. I got pretty upset at you once or twice for looting and ##### when we don't loot you but that's to do with the role not just because you wanted to be an ass...(I think) but ahh well. Just saved me a few hours when I had to log off from bein pissed. Thanks for the fun any ways. Well good luck if you make another.

Lorak

thallius (Guest)Sun 21-Apr-02 10:53 AM

#5879, "RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith"
In response to Reply #3

Well you had a tendancy to hunt me only when I was all alone and did not have the head. I would always stick around for a while but Running from gangs gets boring so i would usualy stick around for 20 minutes then quite or chase around invokers for an hour. I knew what you were up to becuase every single time we did not have the head you chanllenged me, and when we did have the head you always made sure you had backup. ohh well, even when we had the head all ya needed was barrier and resist mental to beat me. While I could spellbane a lot, with resist mental it makes in almost immposible to land a when you don't see me, I don't hit that hard and a few disruptions would have finished me off, or ya could just get cone of cold staves and use those. ohh well yeah I did not like to be an ass and most of my chars don't loot except for select pieces of armor but thallius was different he hated mages and would not give them any aid in any form if he could manage it, he even yelled at others for returning armor thanks though for not looting me every time, if you had well life would have been a lot more boring as I try to dodge gangs and equip at the same time.

Sharvin (Guest)Mon 22-Apr-02 07:27 PM

#5877, "RE: (DEL) Thallius the Master Songsmith"
In response to Reply #2

Switching to a defender on a battle bard is crazy. A defender bard would have to be the most stupid combination in the game. You can already cure crit for 15 mana

Its also a mistake for going arial.
I bet my human bard got tripped/bashed less than your arial bard.
Human bards 'when you dont see me' works like a charm, then there is no bashing.

Perma fly just aint worth having crap songs. Also that 2 con makes quite a difference on the bard class.

Spell evasion rocks, battle bards have 50 save spell naked with healer bless, throw in 50 saves from eq, you spellbane well.
Scout bards can therefore become immune to invokers.
Sharvin was one of the few combinations that Dakizar would never force duel.

Its a shame you never got to use the fiend song, really nice.
The trick to playing a battle bard is to play it like a mage.
HP eq number 1, then save spell eq.
Forget about damroll and critical hit. I still used critical hit when i needed it, a massacre was good enough.
Not worth getting damroll for better crits.
1100-1200hp with 23 charisma, a level 52 hell instrument and shifters will be seeing mean ass frigid and fiery dooms.

It also sucks about magical flags, since alot of 'mage' type eq has those flags.

The day of the super powerful battle bard is dead.
I found it fustrating that the some of the eq i wanted to wear was invisible, like fortitudes and one day I was tempted to wear the helm from tohr, it wasnt invisible, but its called the helm of black magic damn roleplay

Lohrn (Guest)Fri 19-Apr-02 02:50 PM

#5880, "So, um, why? n/t"
In response to Reply #0

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #5874 Previous topic | Next topic