Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Acek Stonebrek the Champion of th..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #56174
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Mar-07 11:32 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56174, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Acek Stonebrek the Champion of the Virtues"

Mon Mar 12 22:30:05 2007

At 9 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 9th of the Month of the Winter Wolf
on the Theran calendar Acek perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:paladin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:183

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply What can I say, I had fun, Algonas, 12-Mar-07 11:57 PM, #2
Reply Good to hear!, Mendecirith (Guest), 13-Mar-07 01:50 AM, #4
Reply Heh, Nihkorzhebus (Guest), 13-Mar-07 09:21 PM, #11
     Reply ^^ That was supposed to be under Acek's., N. (Guest), 13-Mar-07 09:23 PM, #12
     Reply RE: Heh, Algonas, 13-Mar-07 09:49 PM, #13
Reply Eacer......, Lauraine, 13-Mar-07 08:35 AM, #5
Reply RE: What can I say, I had fun, Marigue (Guest), 13-Mar-07 10:32 AM, #6
Reply RE: What can I say, I had fun, Algonas, 13-Mar-07 08:44 PM, #9
Reply RE: What can I say, I had fun, Anildor (Guest), 13-Mar-07 10:37 AM, #7
Reply Good Fights! Bold Fights!, Ciurehra (Guest), 13-Mar-07 03:45 PM, #8
Reply Good fights man. Good luck with your next. n/t, Taelina (Guest), 13-Mar-07 08:57 PM, #10
Reply I really liked you., Hunsobo (Guest), 17-Mar-07 03:05 PM, #14
     Reply RE: I really liked you., Algonas, 18-Mar-07 12:41 AM, #15
Reply Awwww, that sucks. On the brightside..., Zephon (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:39 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Awwww, that sucks. On the brightside..., Algonas, 12-Mar-07 11:58 PM, #3

AlgonasMon 12-Mar-07 11:57 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
19 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56177, "What can I say, I had fun"
In response to Reply #0

I started Acek out as a try at paladins again and I have to admitt, they are still fun. I see definate weaknesses in two-handed weapon dedications, but all in all they balance alright.

Now for the goodbyes:

Imms:

Corrlaan - We didn't really have too many interactions, but the ones I did have were pretty good. I definately have to thank you for the empowerment and virtue.

Baerinika - Thank you for the promotion to Maran. Even though I did not kill many, I tried to do my best. And sorry about that sleeping just after you promoted me, a dumb mistake and I didn't mean anything by it.

Lauraine - Had limited interaction with you, mostly just hello and goodbyes, but I remember you with Eacer. P.S. Thank you for the Zephone comment on cb, made my day giving Zephon so much grief.

Twist - That was great when you just popped by the Fortress and had me talk to that mage. Even yelled at someone while we were talking and they attacked me. Anyways, fun stuff

I didn't interact with many more, I could be wrong but I can't remember off hand. Thank you again for a great game and keep up the good work!

Mortals:

Fortress:
Mende - I KNEW I remembered you from when you were at low ranks. But the whole now a female thing threw me for such a loop. I didn't know what was going on, oh well. I had a great time just talking with you and fighting by you. I hope you come back soon, the Fortress needs some mortal leadership.

Zephon(e) - Had to get one more crack in. You were like Acek's brother. Always getting in verbal spats and goofing off. Then when it got down to business, we did.

Enarn - I had a lot of fun ranking with you and then fighting along side you. You did a great job as Marshall.

Mersiliat - Those talks we had helped Acek out a lot when he was down. I didn't get that vitality quest, but oh well. I still had a lot of fun.

Zernhop - You were great. Just travelling all over and your comments were great!

Battle:

Eulinda - I just found your rp hilarious. I figured it would be better to be polite, since you always was...I think?

Taelina - Everytime I think about that fight we had in Galadon where we both basically challenged eachother then I told the tribunal to deputize me so I could fight you. Great time!

Scions:

Kaenav - Acek didn't like you much, but me as a player thought you were decent enough.

Empire:

Hunsobo - You were like my bane. As a player, I hate the bash bash bash tactic, but you were always a decent enough character about it and you were always up for a duel.

Waserax - You and Hunsobo together just make a death. That's just the bottom line.

Outlander:

You don't know how hard it was for me not to just hunt all of you who hunted me. I wanted to kill you all, which I suppose was the point, good job at that .

Nexus:

Acek didn't trust you all that much, for the most part he tried to stay away from you. But to those that did help him, thank you.

Everyone else:
I can't remember specifics and I know I forgot some people so please respond and I'll try to respond to you. All and all, I had fun with this character and that's the point of the game. See you all in the Fields!

Mendecirith (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 01:50 AM

#56181, "Good to hear!"
In response to Reply #2

I had great times with you as well. You weren't terribly flashy (like... some people) but you were always a solid, soft-spoken friend and ally, always ready to stand against whoever.

It was always fun to throw random neat pieces of gear at you Your reactions always made me laugh.

Good work, and with a bit more weapon/eq/prep knowledge I know a lot more fights would have swung in our favor. The caliber of our current enemies certainly didn't allow for a gentler learning curve, that's for damn sure. It was good to have you, and you'll certainly be missed.

~ Your Cardinal

Nihkorzhebus (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 09:21 PM

#56238, "Heh"
In response to Reply #4

Wow. You were Eacer?

Funny that Eacer was one of Nihk's favorite characters and then he fought against you as Acek. I started to look the other way when I saw you after one night of brutal orc/transmuter vs. Acek beatdowning. I was like "Stop doing that man! You're getting yourself killed too much!" heh. But you kept truckin like a champ. Mucho Respect. Wow. I feel old.

N. (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 09:23 PM

#56239, "^^ That was supposed to be under Acek's."
In response to Reply #11

I'm an idiot.

AlgonasTue 13-Mar-07 09:49 PM
19 posts
#56241, "RE: Heh"
In response to Reply #11

Yup, I decided to go a different route this time. Having fought beside you then against you, I think I perfer besides ;P

LauraineTue 13-Mar-07 08:35 AM
Member since 31st Oct 2006
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56187, "Eacer......"
In response to Reply #2

a drink called 'Eacer's Homemade Moonshine'

Marigue (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 10:32 AM

#56190, "RE: What can I say, I had fun"
In response to Reply #2

Sorry to see you go, mate. My times had been a bit wonky lately and I haven't been around the Fort as much as I would've liked.

Pretty tough paladin, even if you were always charging off into battle against unsane odds. I wish you hadn't logged off right after you condied though, it would've been nice to have one last chat before you went off into the Azure Fields.

Honouring Acek, I laid your weapons to rest at the Fort altar, and took up your armor in your name, bidding that none forget your sacrifice.

See you in the fields, mate.

AlgonasTue 13-Mar-07 08:44 PM
19 posts
#56236, "RE: What can I say, I had fun"
In response to Reply #6

I didn't have a choice. I would have liked to stick around for a little bit to say goodbye, but such is life.

Anildor (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 10:37 AM

#56191, "RE: What can I say, I had fun"
In response to Reply #2

Would have liked more if I got more time interacting with you, but my paladin is kind of stand offish and doesn't go out of his way to say hi to folks(except for Mendecirith, but thats another situation altogether). I'll be around for a while(likely) so make another fortressite(otherwise I'll just get slaughtered while I run in circles by myself, hah!). I do think we did group together(with the Cardinal) and were raped repeatedly by Kanaev(I got away, *gasp*). Fun times. Wish there were more of them, but I have been creeping up the ranks slowly(well relatively). See ya in the Fields.

-Anildor

Ciurehra (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 03:45 PM

#56222, "Good Fights! Bold Fights!"
In response to Reply #2

sorry I couldn't express that in character. Good luck on your next!

Taelina (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 08:57 PM

#56237, "Good fights man. Good luck with your next. n/t"
In response to Reply #2

n/t

Hunsobo (Guest)Sat 17-Mar-07 03:05 PM

#56371, "I really liked you."
In response to Reply #2

The first time we dueled, I was pretty (over)confident. I hadn't looked at your gear first, so when the first *** DEMOLISH *** came out of Defiance I was a little concerned.

I liked your roleplay, it seemed to be sort of the worn-down knight in shining armor - "Another day, more evil to smite. *sigh*"

It got to the point (especially one of your last nights) that I was thinking "how can I avoid killing Acek yet still RP a fire giant war master who is all about "smashin'"?" Obviously I didn't come up with any way.

I'm a little disappointed that you didn't go out the way you wanted to, with one last duel with me. Not disappointed that I didn't get the last kill, mind you, but disappointed that you essentially "wasted" one death because you thought it was your last one.

Re: bash bash bash - as a sword spec, I don't really have any nifty stuff that's going to help me seal a win (flurry at the end but if you miss or don't do enough damage they'll word or wimpy). So yeah, I do what works. Obviously on some chars it doesn't work, and then I pull out some other things (which are almost never as effective). I did try to do some different things in our final duel - mostly because it was a duel and I figured if this was your last death it might as well be something out-of-the-ordinary.

Quality, quality char. See you in the fields.

AlgonasSun 18-Mar-07 12:41 AM
19 posts
#56410, "RE: I really liked you."
In response to Reply #14

I saw that in the duel and I thought it was great. I kind of figured you were trying to avoid fighting me for a bit. Like when I was regaining the orb and you just mopped the floor with me a few times. I thought for sure that was my last death too. I guess when I died as a ghost, it didn't count. I figured, you were Acek's biggest advisary so why wouldn't he want a duel. If he won, he lives another day. If not...he died to an enemy he could respect. I have lots of respect for you as a player and as this character.

Zephon (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:39 PM

#56176, "Awwww, that sucks. On the brightside..."
In response to Reply #0

You got a really sweet death echo!

"Dark forces strike mercilessly at the weakened body of the valiant Paladin Acek.

Slashing with all of his might, it is not enough. He cannot withstand their assault, and is destroyed utterly.

Drifting out of his rotting carcass, a mote of white light hovers momentarily before streaking up to the heavens.

You feel, rather than hear, the sounds of many friendly voices welcoming him...welcoming him home, to the Azure Fields."

Welcome home.
~Zephon Zereldest

AlgonasMon 12-Mar-07 11:58 PM
19 posts
#56178, "RE: Awwww, that sucks. On the brightside..."
In response to Reply #1

That's cool as hell! Thanks for whoever did that!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #56174 Previous topic | Next topic