Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Drakgrak Roken the Legend of the Ba..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #56068
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 12-Mar-07 12:04 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56068, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Drakgrak Roken the Legend of the Battlefield, Veteran of Battle"

Sun Mar 11 23:01:47 2007

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Freedom, 11th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Drakgrak perished, never to return.

Race:dwarf
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:516

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Pk wins. 2 thieves!, Myrakie (Guest), 16-Mar-07 06:44 AM, #46
Reply Watching this character earlier in his life, Daevryn, 13-Mar-07 08:23 PM, #30
Reply Thanks for the comments, Drakgrak (Guest), 13-Mar-07 10:09 PM, #31
Reply Hey ####er..., Ronauk (Guest), 14-Mar-07 03:10 AM, #37
Reply Additional thoughts, Drakgrak (Guest), 14-Mar-07 08:17 AM, #41
     Reply Not A Full Looter, Tsyda (Guest), 14-Mar-07 09:42 AM, #42
     Reply The reason why I am disappointed is, Drak (Guest), 14-Mar-07 10:17 AM, #43
     Reply RE: Additional thoughts, Daevryn, 14-Mar-07 10:26 AM, #44
          Reply Anyway is all good, Drak (Guest), 14-Mar-07 10:49 AM, #45
Reply That one time, Maethron (Guest), 13-Mar-07 07:08 PM, #29
Reply Lol, Drakgrak (Guest), 13-Mar-07 10:12 PM, #32
     Reply Yeah, Maethron (Guest), 13-Mar-07 11:00 PM, #34
          Reply I am not a big fan of saccing or looting gear, Drakgrak (Guest), 13-Mar-07 11:22 PM, #35
               Reply RE: I am not a big fan of saccing or looting gear, Ronauk (Guest), 14-Mar-07 03:15 AM, #38
                    Reply All my villagers will stick to this, Drakgrak (Guest), 14-Mar-07 07:54 AM, #40
Reply Score! :p, Verakh (Guest), 12-Mar-07 09:42 AM, #13
Reply Goodbyes and other thoughts, Tehbigc (Guest), 12-Mar-07 03:06 AM, #4
Reply Goodbye, Haratzi (Guest), 12-Mar-07 03:24 AM, #5
Reply hehehe but I am a scion player basically, Drakgrak (Guest), 12-Mar-07 04:26 AM, #6
Reply I enjoyed our little duels as Hrogag, Abernytee (Guest), 12-Mar-07 07:14 AM, #7
Reply If you would drop me a line, Drakgrak (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:13 AM, #16
Reply Sorry to see you go., Feiaina (Guest), 12-Mar-07 08:15 AM, #8
Reply Post your role please, if no one gets the PBF? nt, CuriousLowbie (Guest), 12-Mar-07 08:20 AM, #9
Reply My role subjects were very very varied., Drakgrak (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:18 AM, #17
     Reply The reason I asked for your role, Suipthor (Guest), 13-Mar-07 12:22 AM, #26
          Reply You have absolutely got me confused with someone else, Drakgrak (Guest), 13-Mar-07 10:03 AM, #27
Reply ahhh hells I am starting to get upset now, The Commander (Guest), 12-Mar-07 08:23 AM, #10
Reply A really enjoyable char, Drakgrak (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:20 AM, #18
Reply Thanks for the induct, Kaasi (Guest), 12-Mar-07 08:51 AM, #11
Reply *sigh*, Yean, 12-Mar-07 09:28 AM, #12
Reply Yeah you interviewed me and recommended me as well, Drak (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:53 AM, #20
     Reply Since no one grabbed it yet..., Yean, 13-Mar-07 10:36 PM, #33
          Reply Hey, thanks a whole whole lot :D, Drakgrak (Guest), 13-Mar-07 11:59 PM, #36
Reply Really Well Done., Tsyda (Guest), 12-Mar-07 09:51 AM, #14
Reply I hit the enter on my goodbyes and was like damn! I lef..., Drak (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:51 AM, #19
Reply Couldna Find Yer Own Arse Wid Both Hands!, Ysaloerye, 12-Mar-07 10:05 AM, #15
Reply RE: Goodbyes and other thoughts, Kastellyn, 12-Mar-07 12:33 PM, #21
Reply RE: Goodbyes and other thoughts, Eulinda (Guest), 12-Mar-07 01:32 PM, #22
Reply Ug. Yuh., Hunsobo (Guest), 12-Mar-07 01:51 PM, #23
Reply Hey I remember that fight and what really happened ther..., Drakgrak (Guest), 13-Mar-07 10:05 AM, #28
Reply Personally I thought you did well, Daurwyn (Guest), 12-Mar-07 02:08 PM, #24
Reply I hope we will roll characters into the same cabal :)))..., Taelina (Guest), 12-Mar-07 08:35 PM, #25
Reply Role an orc next just for fun, Fycul (Guest), 14-Mar-07 05:19 AM, #39
Reply You and I travelled in the 40's., Gheris (Guest), 12-Mar-07 12:21 AM, #1
     Reply I remember you, Tehbigc (Guest), 12-Mar-07 12:41 AM, #2
          Reply Well cool then., Gheras (Guest), 12-Mar-07 12:55 AM, #3

Myrakie (Guest)Fri 16-Mar-07 06:44 AM

#56321, "Pk wins. 2 thieves!"
In response to Reply #0

Between Myrakie's goodbyes and your responces, not a lot to say about how much I loved rping with Drak. With my recent character we didn't seem to hit it off so well, probably because they are even more impatient than Myrakie, so the whole "I need to go for a raid, wait here" thing doesn't work one bit. Absolutely the best of luck with your next and I hope to catch up with you in the fields on of these days.

DaevrynTue 13-Mar-07 08:23 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56233, "Watching this character earlier in his life"
In response to Reply #0

I did a lot of:

"Jesus Drakgrak! That's two berserkers fighting an especially sad mage! You should be throwing one of them out, not jumping in on it! What are you DOing!?"

For whatever reason, later in life he started to grow on me a lot. I'm not sure which of those two opinions is the right one, but good luck on your next.

Drakgrak (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 10:09 PM

#56242, "Thanks for the comments"
In response to Reply #30

It is primarily why I gave my rager a 7. I am new to the village, I dont have too many hours logged in the cabal before drakgrak. All I knew was the lyceum history and I admit there were times when I was less than stellar. But I began to find my feet gradually and now I think I know what is right, what is wrong, and what is shady. I will try to make my next rager a 9, and I never gives myself a 10

Ronauk (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 03:10 AM

#56258, "Hey ####er..."
In response to Reply #30

I just need to say thanks for everything. From the rec to helping me get inducted, leveling, and exploring. You were a lot of fun to be around. Always ready to jump into a fight with odds against us. You made my first rager a lot of fun. Just needed to say thanks and good luck with the next.

~Bryan

Drakgrak (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 08:17 AM

#56266, "Additional thoughts"
In response to Reply #30

I remember the case of Balim. He was a bard who travelled with villagers and then turned nexus. Drakgrak was a dwarf and placed great emphasis on having the courage to stand up for whatever cause you fought for. I also think he said something unkind about my men and so he got marked. I think we did beat him down and I got him once alone as well, I am pretty sure. I remember him thanking me for giving him his gear back, oddly. Only he can testify to the truth of this though.
Having said that, I am sure most of those fights occured in raid situations definitely and maybe some in the earlier part of my life. We regularly had 4 on 1 beatdowns where I had entwined the mages. A lot of my kills have come from solo fighting since I never shied away from engaging anyone or fighting against the odds, case in point being me plus yean vs 4 tribunals during a nexus raid. So I am sure the gank stats reflect that.
But I don't really remember zooming down on a fight and jumping in, except one fight where me and taelina ate down a scion helping bard Naitos and got pulled up by an imm for it, and I think I answered the imm satisfactorily.
Secondly the comments on my 'penchant for looting' has left me shaking my head in disbelief. I remember saying loot it all a few times for various chars but the next moment I used to return their gear. I set a huge stock by that, and I am sure pretty much all the players I have killed will attest to it. The rift pretty much looted villagers but they were making an exception for me with all three tsyda, tumarellen and zesam making it a point to return my gear. I corpse guarded draktel to prevent his armor from being looted at the expense of my own kids getting their hands on good gear, and haratzi I killed inside the village and yet let him walk away with his set intact. I returned tribs their gear knowing there was no way in hell they were gonna return mine. Hell I even let an arcane walk into the destructor, regain his body, get tripped by the destructor for 6 rounds without attacking him so he could loot his corpse from where I had made it.
I think my comment on 'looting it all' was noticed, but not the subsequent action that followed. For example, Me and Golanth found Kuhlceros, Andalka and an invoker in a pit in dark trail to ysigrath. I run in, kuhlceros and the invoker get the hell out and I lash andalka to death. I am pissed at andalka for sealing a cheap kill on me by following me with a wildcat and biting me when I was fighting Nanorab and an assortment of tribs and outlanders, so, I ordered Golanth to take it all. We take it all. I reach the docks in the ashes and left *EVERY* item there and told Andalka to come take it.
Anyway, it is over now.

Tsyda (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 09:42 AM

#56270, "Not A Full Looter"
In response to Reply #41

I honestly didn't see the full looting from you. There were times you were with a large group of ragers and when everyone takes a piece or two that doesn't leave much but you yourself I just didn't see it and I don't feel the PBF comments to such hold much water.

The imms can see alot but they can also get a skewed view by seeing that one or two moments where you make a poor choice and it can color their perspective of future actions. They weren't the worst comments about looting I've seen though, not by a long shot. So personally I wouldn't worry about it much. The respect for your character is there.

--Tsyda

Drak (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 10:17 AM

#56271, "The reason why I am disappointed is"
In response to Reply #42

It was a pivotal point of my rp. I dont mind the gank comments but it just proves me hypocritical when it comes to my claims of not looting people for the betterment of player funstick

DaevrynWed 14-Mar-07 10:26 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#56272, "RE: Additional thoughts"
In response to Reply #41

>Having said that, I am sure most of those fights occured in
>raid situations definitely and maybe some in the earlier part
>of my life.

I did see a number that weren't raids, but, as you say, earlier part of his life.

>Secondly the comments on my 'penchant for looting' has left me
>shaking my head in disbelief. I remember saying loot it all a
>few times for various chars but the next moment I used to
>return their gear.

Yeah, that's probably fair. That commentary is more based on lots of:

(BATTLE) SomeDude: Just killed JoeMage

(BATTLE) Drakgrak: Take it all

and not so much what happened thereafter.

Drak (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 10:49 AM

#56273, "Anyway is all good"
In response to Reply #44

Just motivates me to go play a honour berserker and garner cool points from you Let us see how things go.

Maethron (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 07:08 PM

#56228, "That one time"
In response to Reply #0

In Galadon where you were fighting Jenno and I showed up with my guards to help resulting in Jenno killing you at the temple altar. Of course you were a criminal so I had my guards take your stuff. It blew my mind when you pretty much did not expect to get anything back and told me to keep everything despite my telling you I'd at least return your food/water. Then -immediately- after you unghost I see you sitting at Jenno's recall point wearing nothing but dual wielded Flails of Pestilence. I ask if you really intend on committing a crime wearing nothing but weapons in your hand. Your response?

"Believe dwarf when he say, this is all he needs."

Awesome man, just awesome.

Drakgrak (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 10:12 PM

#56243, "Lol"
In response to Reply #29

Hehe, flail/htoh can be like that. I liked fighting you and running when you were stealing all my damned things There was one fight I just sunk my teeth into you outside voralian where you never got to flee. Ouch. But I tried to return the gear there as well though I remember I took a mantle cos I was crappily dressed and a mace of Eulinda's which you had stolen. I enjoyed bantering with you. Good work.

Maethron (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 11:00 PM

#56246, "Yeah"
In response to Reply #32

I had just sent a message over cb when you entered the room. CB talk brings thieves/assassins out of hiding, so. Weighted down thief out of hiding + bash and well the rest is history. I was surprised (since I was expecting it) you didn't sac my entire armor set considering every piece of the firebrand set is magic flagged. And for the record, all the maces I had at the time were stolen from Eulinda. Silly Villagers. If you don't want to get robbed, don't become wanted!

Drakgrak (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 11:22 PM

#56247, "I am not a big fan of saccing or looting gear"
In response to Reply #34

My job is to hunt mages, not mage gear. Though the village tells you to destroy magical gear as well, I consider it more appropriate for when my who pk lists used to read like my who lists now. I got the mage, or my target, fair enough. Let them retain some dignity. Unless you got me pissed off. In which case I ordered an armor loot, and returned it all a minute later.

Ronauk (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 03:15 AM

#56259, "RE: I am not a big fan of saccing or looting gear"
In response to Reply #35

I got some flack from my perspective on this. I hardly EVER looted and/or sac'd gear magic or not. How does this stack with village standards? Imms? Vets? I just didn't feel like being a prick most of the time and therefore didn't sac anything besides wands/scrolls/staves/potions most of the time? Is this a no-no for villagers? Should villagers sac ALL magical gear a person has? Just damned curious as hell.

Drakgrak (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 07:54 AM

#56265, "All my villagers will stick to this"
In response to Reply #38

I mean I never sacced any gear and yet I managed to be the second in line of the village. If your other rp is good, if the pking is decent and you are being a battle kid in all other ways, what is the need to sac gear? Having said this, I accept that saccing gear is a fully acceptable battle rp and I definitely do not want to see it go. I would sacrifice abs rods for sure if i can. To each his own is how it should be.

Verakh (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 09:42 AM

#56099, "Score! :p"
In response to Reply #0

You always fled from me on the waters but didn't have a problem using entwine on my owl *rolls eyes* In reference to I believe Tiatan's death echos, "One down, only 300,000 more to go!" :p

Tehbigc (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 03:06 AM

#56077, "Goodbyes and other thoughts"
In response to Reply #0

Drakgrak is my second villager. My main motivation to play him was I
heard talk that dwarves don't make good defenders so I thought to
myself I will roll one and see if I can do better. My main claim to
fame is I never left anyone unpatched no matter if I ran out of manna
for myself and I do not think I heard any complains about those
duties of a defender.

I chose flail/htoh because it is my fav. combo. I played Taluern before
this, a muuloc follower, drow htoh/flail enigma/surrounding. And
taluven and Karthhorne and numerous others back in the second age. I
wanted to go scion but didn't make it but I got some immteraction with muuloc and I gave a lot of players a run for their money using
slow/wither wands. I have a tendency to experiment with legacy choices and so it was with drakgrak.

Drakgrak was flail/htoh One with shadows/greeting the avalanche. I went one with shadows primarily because of all those assassins and the outlander war on village. It was the better legacy of the two. It
worked a fair bit and when it did my opponents were toast. It also
ensured I never thought twice about fighting any ranger with my skill
set. Greeting the avalanche proved to be the reverse of what I expected it to be. Size more than weight seems to play a role in better bashes and if you have both of them you don't need the legacy. Greeting was primarily a defensive choice to avoid being bashed, I didnt expect my bashes to be any good. It turned out I could bash down people pretty well but I can count on my fingers the no. of times I reversed a bash back into opponents, enlarged or not so that was disappointing.

I dont like the HTOH changes. Things seem to be stacked against HTOH
warriors and they make a lot of sacrifices to earn their skill set.
They were tweaked up earlier and now they have been tweaked back down. Additionally I got the niggling feeling that ironhands is broken somewhere because for the last 150 hours or so my parrying with bare hands was in the pits, getting hit for 4 or 5 rounds by any meele class and hell there were fights where tumarellen was outhitting me in meele. Raiding nexus was impossible and I actually missed 12 pummels out of 13 in a row while with Yean. So maybe it could use some looking into. Just a suggestion, I am always thankful for all that you contribute to the game, Nepthene.

I have learnt a lot about the village history and have gained a good
grasp of the traditions within. Thanks to merrwyn for taking time out
to talk with me in depth on village history with another char. I picked up from there.

My perpetual dilemma was the conflict between honor and my role as a
defender. Defenders are the bread and butter of the village and
supposed to be the sane heads in combat so how do I justify rescuing a mad berserker when he is threatening his own safety in combat, without jeopardizing his honour. I liked the nuances of the situation.

My report card.

I will give myself 9 out of 10 for perseverance
I was a 7 rager. Maybe a 8 defender. A 5 for drillmastership. 6 for rp.

This char is definitely not my best effort. I rped way better with
better roles in a lot of other characters. Socherion Tahiran, even
Arkaon, Taluern, Derliaede, Xorvant Doroyal, all were better rped. And this reflected in the end when I failed to get a title. With a slightly different orientation and sphere I could have certainly hogged some more attention. My goals when I rolled the char were to be a decent rager, a good defender with the set fracture skill (I looked up rektath's pbf and felt jealous ), and maybe get an extra legacy if things go well.

I enjoy the battle leadership rites. It is unique and gives everyone an equal chance of getting promoted. I only ever wanted to deinduct two people. One was link dead and got booted by an ancient spirit, the other deleted. I was a soft drillmaster who believed in the
professionalism of his unit and that giving an order meant his men
would do it. I published my rules for the village and ordered everyone to read up on the works. As an excuse for not deinducting some people I will say that I played through an age where two commanders autodeleted, and most of the time when I was drillmaster, I was the commander since I was doing the interviews, inducts, policies and so on so that, maybe, distracted me from what I was supposed to do. I hope Kasty and Ysal you are not too mad about it, I tried

I wanted to stay on as drillmaster after the second rites. But my times had dropped a lot since february since I am in the middle of my
internship shuttling between two cities. My link has been horrible as
well and there were any number of fights I lost being link dead.
Considering all this I thought it was right I should step down during
the rites itself for that was the best opportunity to pick a new
drillmaster. Hence my decision.

My pking goals were pretty low, a 50% pk ratio. I dont know if I
achieved it, there were damn too many fights.

If anyone wants detailed discussions on the legacies and specs let me
know.

Immortals

Kastellyn : I was not your kid spherewise with all my Nordiach talk and yet you loved me. Thanks for everything you did for me. Battle imms have a casual way of relating with players and it was very refreshing to get exp after raids or in the middle of conversations with people and so on. Thanks for the encouragement, for the weapons and for that awesome skill. It is the ultimate goal of any defender and having had a skill which so few people have had before made me happy. Under your guidance those 517 hours were a breeze. So much so that when I was 1 death away from con death last eve I remembered I have training edges and I went and got another two more con at the very last minute. I heard you completed a big project and that is well. I dont think battle wants to share you elsewhere so come sit at the destructor I tried praying to you to try and get a tatoo because I had some rp planned for if you recognized me, but it was not to be alas!

Ysal: Immortal kin, was a breeze around you. Your emotes left me
laughing and sometimes your words could be chilly. Everytime you were
on it was fun and that time when we all celebrated in the village was
cool. I know you were cracking your head about that time in Thar
Acacia. I have been to nearly every place on the mud but being a very
bareknuckled player I tend to remember only those areas which you visit for gearing and ranking runs and these areas vary from char to char in that I might never know barovia exists with some other char. I might have known Thar if I were a tribunal

Yean: We had some awesome fights. Our times together seem tinged in
sepia. You were a casual bard, obivously very skilled and deceptively
smooth for noone knows better than me how bloodthirsty you could get
and how you would not stop till you dropped them. I don't have words to express my admiration. Very good job.

Rayihn: As was our deal, noone knew what occurred. Thanks for the
immteraction.

Grurk: I am not sure if it was you but damn I hated the imperial
blademaster ever since

Battle

Yuvralin: Thanks for the induct. Your mage count was my benchmark.

Trurkrag: You were nearing your end there but still we had some crazy
runs with you bloodthirsting and me rolling out the bandages. Damn that was some heavy mage steamrolling, hehe. I was the exact antithesis of you.

Taelina: I said what needed to be said in your goodbyes. Damned scary, damned knowledgable, damned bloodthirsty

Nuekar: I am pissed off that you disappeared. But very good fighting. I knew who you were.

Eulinda: You come in like a tornado and by the time you leave
everything is blown apart. You have mellowed down with age, but only
ever so slightly. I was watching you like a hawk and keeping up with
all your fights since I knew you were skilled but maybe prone to turn
renegade. But it has been an awesome display with you steadily churning out mage corpses and possibly the highest kill count of anyone currently. Does not look like your first villager for sure. Excellent excellent work. If you died I was like, ouch! that must have been bad, might want to stay away. Good fun.

Vhloughvang: I got some imm exp discussing about the first commandment with you heh. You are a very good fighter, the no holds barred kind and make a good commander as well. There are high hopes from you.

Brinkmun: I interviewed you in the middle of possibly my best fighting of the char. No regrets at all in recommending you. You know the ways, you know your fights. A solid giant.

Nharrpos: You were a bit green to begin with. Then you chose your
legacies and has been no looking back. You seemed very competent in the later part of our interactions and were consitently running about
looking for fights. Good work.

I am drawing blanks right now. There are so many I inducted and
interacted with. Holler here and I will get back to you.

Nexus

Nanorab: I already said it. Good work.

Tumarellen: I enjoyed fighting you. You got the short end of the stick from Drak but invokers was the one class I could constantly beat up under any circumstances and being a gnome added to the woe. Thanks for the umpteen gear returns and you play a tough mage. Ouch.

Zesam: We fought off and on. You returned me gear on a lot of
occassions as well. A competent healer, maybe the best since the nexus reopened. Good work.

Scions

Kanaev: You steam rolled me though I came very close on the open seas. My tactics never worked. It is a good thing evil conjurers have so many pitfalls or you would be never ending

Haratzi: They dont make mages more ballsy than you. The number of times you fought me and the tactics you employed would literally take my breath away. You evened the score in splendid fashion last evening and ruined my invoker record. Hats off. I tried to always return your gear to you. My favorite scion.

Rhyendris: Damn scary arcane. I know who you are and it is not
surprising. Arcanes always troubled me but you were never ending. I
lost my gear in that raid but I think I gained your respect for
sticking to my guns. There was no way in hell I was ever going to have any dealings with mages.

Criles: Another one of my favs. I got back to you in your goodbyes.

Empire

Kharghurlrn: Hats off on a truly wonderful char. You are how aps should be. You keep coming back for more no matter what the odds and you do it so well. I think I gave you 11 charges. No matter, it went for a good cause hehe As a defender I had no chance in hell of beating you.

Hunsobo: You got me what 9 times? I was pissed off because your
greeting pwnt my greeting hehe. I made you flee twice in our first two fights and from then on I was all grinder feed. Much respect. We havent had such an impressive warmaster in ages.

Lot of people I am missing out on. Holler here and I will get back to
you. I have two ideas for my next villager since I noticed stealth
classes are getting rare there but I want to play an explorer first and cover the areas elhe showed me.

Thank you all for the fun. See you in the fields.

My aim is thebc06.

Haratzi (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 03:24 AM

#56083, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #4

Hehe, I enjoyed fighting you but it bothers me a bit that -everyone- is hand to hand specialists so maybe that is a hint that they were a bit too powerful? I don't know. Having fought you so many times I knew my regular tricks were not going to work and that last time I finally could claim revenge there was a massive grin on my face.

Maybe you should try a Scion sometime, see life from the underdog side of things.

Good character and good adversary.

Good luck!

Drakgrak (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 04:26 AM

#56085, "hehehe but I am a scion player basically"
In response to Reply #5

Arkaon, ranger eshval follower. Derliaede duerg ap. Taluern scion applicant. My first caballed char was a scion too, in times of the vizier of shades hehe. I totally dig the cabal.

Abernytee (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 07:14 AM

#56088, "I enjoyed our little duels as Hrogag"
In response to Reply #4

Was wondering if you could send me the logs if you have them or atleast a mail with the maledicts I placed on you via timedattack.

Thanks in advance,

-----Abernyte

Drakgrak (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:13 AM

#56103, "If you would drop me a line"
In response to Reply #7

Nair_143@yahoo.com

I don't have the log files but I distinctly remember the affects. I wont be very active but I will reply to your email definitely.

Feiaina (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 08:15 AM

#56089, "Sorry to see you go."
In response to Reply #4

Just as I started to interact with all you big-boy villagers, you up and die on me.

Glad we got to have that one quick chat before you kicked the bucket.

CuriousLowbie (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 08:20 AM

#56090, "Post your role please, if no one gets the PBF? nt"
In response to Reply #4

nt

Drakgrak (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:18 AM

#56104, "My role subjects were very very varied."
In response to Reply #9

The first role was of a dwarf making his way to the village (horribly written).
The second dealt with drakgrak's service as a defender in a military unit.
The third was a short history of Roken, my hometown and lastname and my life in the town.
The fourth was a piece on my times in the village.
The fifth was angling for a legacy (hour past midnight, I never got it) a short, well written piece (in my opinion) on using unconventional things for weapons.
The sixth was when I became drillmaster.
The seventh was angling for a kastellyn tatoo, explaining why drakgrak never referred to himself by his name and revealing that his father's name was Drakgrak Sr.
I was working on the eigth, post-drillmaster phase when I con died.

My pbf will be picked up soon and I will be happy to acknowledge it on qhcf when it is done. You might be able to read more then.

Suipthor (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 12:22 AM

#56179, "The reason I asked for your role"
In response to Reply #17

Is that, from what I have read Kasty looks back at group history, and all of that jazz upon recommendations and what not. I'm nearly positive that this was with Suipthor, but you went out with me from early teens to mid late 20's with mages? I figured you had some awesome role about why you suddenly hated magic but no? I mean... that is the reason why I remember it so vividly was because one day you were "Hey, lets kill some #### together mage" then the next it was "Hey, screw you, mage" (Words are not literal).

Maybe I'm just absolutely insane?

Drakgrak (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 10:03 AM

#56188, "You have absolutely got me confused with someone else"
In response to Reply #26

Drakgrak never travelled with any mages. I was killing them from level 11.

The Commander (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 08:23 AM

#56092, "ahhh hells I am starting to get upset now"
In response to Reply #4

I lost three of you in the last weekend alone
You were not a 5 for a drillmaster you were a 8 for a commander haha I know what you mean about having drillmaster while a commander autos, it sucks but you did your thing and you did it well. I cant remember a time with you logged in that I didnt enjoy and I hope that you have throughly enjoyed this char man. Take care and see you in the fields brother.

Drakgrak (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:20 AM

#56105, "A really enjoyable char"
In response to Reply #10

You brought a whiff of fresh air to the village with a decidedly new line of rp. Our chats were fun and going out hunting too. I am sad I couldnt do more with you. You have lost some big names in the village there but there are some who are ready to step in. Was fun, fight on!

Kaasi (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 08:51 AM

#56093, "Thanks for the induct"
In response to Reply #4

I was very thankful that you were willing to induct me before the rites occured. Defender is a great and can be long lasting at times, but definately has its drawbacks. Good thing for you with those invokers that pillars don't get you like they do me! Anyway, I thought you were a good villager from my exposure to you, and obviously, getting drillmaster shows it for sure. Anyway, great job and see you around.

Kaasi

YeanMon 12-Mar-07 09:25 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#56096, "*sigh*"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Mon 12-Mar-07 09:28 AM

4 good Villagers gone in a matter of just 2 days, 2 of which are Veterans..it's a really sad day in the Village. You were my friend from long, long ago..did I give you an interview too? I can't remember heh. You were a good friend nonetheless, selfless and just all-around fun to hang out with. And yeah, we sure had some heart-thumping, adrenaline pumping fights! I enjoyed those a lot. You will be missed by me and everyone at the Village I'm sure. Anyway I'm impressed you con-died a Village warrior with 500+ hours..that's a mean feat in itself. Take care and return to us when you can!

Drak (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:53 AM

#56109, "Yeah you interviewed me and recommended me as well"
In response to Reply #12

I came upto you and started prattling out everything on village history and my history and didnt give you a chance to ask questions. Then I got you some magi corpses in arkham and you gave me your rec and yuvie gave me an induction. And the rest was history

YeanTue 13-Mar-07 10:36 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#56244, "Since no one grabbed it yet..."
In response to Reply #20

I got your pbf..enjoy yea.

Drakgrak (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 11:59 PM

#56252, "Hey, thanks a whole whole lot :D"
In response to Reply #33

I run into paypal problems as well. Thanks, really. Though I fear nep has given me a tongue lashing now lol

Tsyda (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 09:51 AM

#56100, "Really Well Done."
In response to Reply #4

Very stout and dour defender from my perspective. Always willing to take the fight and every time you entwined my armadillo all I could do was sit there and sigh while I waited for it to abate or get worded out and it certainly caused more than one of my deaths. You had the kind of roleplay that fit Drillmaster to a T. Well played.

--Tsyda

Drak (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:51 AM

#56108, "I hit the enter on my goodbyes and was like damn! I lef..."
In response to Reply #14

You played a very mean competent shifter. I fought plenty of mindless nexans but it was apparent you had a clear sense of purpose where you were going. You also were very very skilled with your forms and not everyone gets a quest form. A very well played shifter. Good fights and good times.

YsaloeryeMon 12-Mar-07 10:05 AM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#56101, "Couldna Find Yer Own Arse Wid Both Hands!"
In response to Reply #4

Hehe yeah well it lightened an otherwise humdrum day to come save your sorry arse in Thar Acacia.
For a second run at a battle char I think you did extremely well. You were a solid Drillmaster (although a little too powder puff on the arse kickings =0p ) and certainly pointed people to the right path.
Being the Drillmaster when Commanders are MIA isn't easy and you handled the responsibility well. Most people don't appreciate how much of a commitment it is to be a cabal leader unless they have been there for themselves. It can become a bit of a grind.

Enjoy your explorations char, then get back into the Battle mode again, looking forward to what you bring to the village next.

KastellynMon 12-Mar-07 12:33 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#56111, "RE: Goodbyes and other thoughts"
In response to Reply #4

My perpetual dilemma was the conflict between honor and my role as a defender. Defenders are the bread and butter of the village and supposed to be the sane heads in combat so how do I justify rescuing a mad berserker when he is threatening his own safety in combat, without jeopardizing his honour. I liked the nuances of the situation.

That's one of the things I think Thror, BT and I were shooting for when we split the Village up into the separate paths. We thought it would make for interesting RP, and I'm glad you enjoyed it.

My report card.

I will give myself 9 out of 10 for perseverance
I was a 7 rager. Maybe a 8 defender. A 5 for drillmastership. 6 for rp.

I think I'm safe in saying that if you con die a villager with over 500 hours, you get a 10 for perseverance. I'd buy your other scores, though I think you can't assign a RP score in a vaccuum. It really depends on who you compare yourself with. In your case: previous characters. In my case: other characters that are contemporary with your current character. I thought you had a great deal of depth to the character and played it out well, so I'd be inclined to bump that grade up a bit.

You weren't the uber-drillmaster, but you definitely validated the concept of having a second in command to take over when the Commander is AWOL. And I thought you did an excellent job in that capacity. Kept new blood coming into the Village without just assuming Nuekar wasn't coming back and taking over his job. So no, I wasn't mad at you for what you did!

Kastellyn : I was not your kid spherewise with all my Nordiach talk and yet you loved me. Thanks for everything you did for me. Battle imms have a casual way of relating with players and it was very refreshing to get exp after raids or in the middle of conversations with people and so on. Thanks for the encouragement, for the weapons and for that awesome skill. It is the ultimate goal of any defender and having had a skill which so few people have had before made me happy. Under your guidance those 517 hours were a breeze. So much so that when I was 1 death away from con death last eve I remembered I have training edges and I went and got another two more con at the very last minute. I heard you completed a big project and that is well. I dont think battle wants to share you elsewhere so come sit at the destructor I tried praying to you to try and get a tatoo because I had some rp planned for if you recognized me, but it was not to be alas!

All rewards you got were hard fought for and well earned. I'm glad you enjoyed setfracture; I love being able to hand that thing out to competent defenders, and you were definitely one of those. I'm always working on projects, and there's a lot of things I do on the MUD that take my time away from RPing Kastellyn, but I've got no plans to go anywhere else, so I'll pretty much be around in some capacity or other for the foreseeable future.

Again, great job on a very solid character. Your enjoyment is the goal, and it's very, very rewarding when a player obviously enjoys one of their characters so much.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Eulinda (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 01:32 PM

#56114, "RE: Goodbyes and other thoughts"
In response to Reply #4

Pretty much said everything that needed to be said during your farewell ghosting hour. Eulinda's perspective is not my own, hopefully obviously, and so even though she was routinely upset at you for being so "doomy gloomy and serious!" it was just rp, the player knows that you were doing a great job with your role as a defender and leader.

You were one of the big three for Eulinda, with Yean and Taelina, and you were a rock in her turbulent lifestyle. I'll say more when her life is over but for now don't doubt that both the character and player will miss your presence. And your bandages, dearie!

Hunsobo (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 01:51 PM

#56117, "Ug. Yuh."
In response to Reply #4

Hunsobo: You got me what 9 times? I was pissed off because your
greeting pwnt my greeting hehe. I made you flee twice in our first two fights and from then on I was all grinder feed. Much respect. We havent had such an impressive warmaster in ages.

Wow thanks for the compliment - not sure it's completely true (Skiltore comes to mind but maybe he doesn't count since he was Emperor too ) but it sure is nice.

I figured you must be trying to con-die, to some extent, when you charged Waserax and me in Voralia. Sure, if you choked me you had a good shot of fighting Waserax one on one, but he's a tough customer too (and no dummy, a quick "co afflict hunsobo" would have had you fighting 1 v. 2 again). That's why I sighed at you after the first post-missed-choke bash.

All in all, I thought you were a very good rager, from my perspective anyways. Nice work.

PS The name "Drakgrak" screwed up what might have been a nice rumble in the ruins earlier on in Hunsobo's life - bash drak ended up having me attacking my Emperor and then everything went to hell.

Drakgrak (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 10:05 AM

#56189, "Hey I remember that fight and what really happened ther..."
In response to Reply #23

Draktel summoned me. You bashed draktel. Nuekar came in and charged... me. Lol.

Daurwyn (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 02:08 PM

#56121, "Personally I thought you did well"
In response to Reply #4

Commenting on honor in particular, I got a strong ense of honor from you in that:
- you looked for as even a fight as you were going to get from me, not as one-sided a fight as you could let rp force me into
- your treatment of people you killed tended to reflect their behavior
- I noticed you seemed to wait a while before taking the key later if I died trying to defend it

I also felt that you were gave a distinctly dwarfish impression.

I've also seen you from another character and got no criticisms there either (although you haven't killed this one at all, let alone the 7 times I think you got me when I played Mallias). As far as varying your tactics went, they all seemed to work. I do remember you killing me by bashing me down instead of entwining once, which was kind of depressing when I realised that the entwine wasn't even needed.

Taelina (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 08:35 PM

#56159, "I hope we will roll characters into the same cabal :)))..."
In response to Reply #4

n/t

Fycul (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 05:19 AM

#56261, "Role an orc next just for fun"
In response to Reply #4

Anyway we have some fun fights. Seem like those mages (Enarn and Shupples) like to be by your side when we fight. I do not see much problem with your Greeting cuz you seem to bash me back in our later fights that why I resort to trip instead. Good luck with whatever you go next.

Gheris (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 12:21 AM

#56069, "You and I travelled in the 40's."
In response to Reply #0

And I learned a new area from you. Which was odd since I thought you were a newbie.

You were forever dying!

Apparently there was something I missed because here you are 10 of my chars later!

Did you manage to hero with full con or with enoug +con items to have full con?

Tehbigc (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 12:41 AM

#56071, "I remember you"
In response to Reply #1

I am not a newbie. Between the 30s and 40s I took a lot of deaths which is a phase in all of my chars where I am tweaking my tactics. Once you fight an invoker say 3 times you know exactly what to do the 4th time. I tend to experiment with skills the first one or two times against various combos that way you max out your learning curve. If memory serves me right I think I had a 16 death streak around there. I have been playing on-off since '99. I had lost ten con before I heroed but dwarves are very healthy and I used my trains intelligently. Plus some imm give con, and edges and here we are. Though I fell about a 100 hp short at hero because of all that con loss. I never bothered with con gear.

Gheras (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 12:55 AM

#56072, "Well cool then."
In response to Reply #2

I was glad when you were around because that was going to keep lightmages character off my ass. =)

I only thought you were new because of the deaths not our interactions.

But uhm... Shift Key?

=)

C U witt your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #56068 Previous topic | Next topic