Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Zephon Zereldest the Born of Shad..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55993
Show all folders

Death_AngelSun 11-Mar-07 10:28 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55993, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Zephon Zereldest the Born of Shadow, Maran of the Oath"

Sat Mar 10 22:24:20 2007

At 5 o'clock PM, Day of the Sun, 20th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Zephon perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:294

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Random Imm goodbyes, Zephon (Guest), 12-Mar-07 09:15 PM, #29
Reply Fortress goodbyes, Zephon (Guest), 12-Mar-07 08:56 PM, #27
Reply RE: Fortress goodbyes, Karel, 12-Mar-07 09:13 PM, #28
Reply Fortress goodbyes, Zephon (Guest), 12-Mar-07 09:18 PM, #30
Reply sad to see you go my close named buddy, zernhop (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:11 PM, #31
Reply How could I forget the invoker! :P, Zephon (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:36 PM, #33
Reply Hah! Hrudgir the pretty captain, the chaperone! that wa..., Mende (Guest), 13-Mar-07 01:52 AM, #34
     Reply RE: Hah! Hrudgir the pretty captain, the chaperone! tha..., Zephon (Guest), 13-Mar-07 02:06 AM, #35
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Zephon Zereldest the Born of ..., Acek (Guest), 11-Mar-07 12:25 AM, #4
Reply He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:10 AM, #7
     Reply RE: He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death, Acek (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:44 AM, #10
          Reply RE: He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death, Zephon (Guest), 12-Mar-07 01:05 AM, #26
               Reply RE: He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death, Acek (Guest), 12-Mar-07 11:13 PM, #32
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Zephon Zereldest the Born of ..., Lauraine, 10-Mar-07 11:45 PM, #2
Reply I saw, it made me happy ^_^, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 12:07 AM, #3
     Reply RE: I saw, it made me happy ^_^, Lauraine, 11-Mar-07 12:33 AM, #5
          Reply RE: I saw, it made me happy ^_^, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:02 AM, #6
               Reply RE: I saw, it made me happy ^_^, Lauraine, 11-Mar-07 01:12 AM, #8
Reply Here we are again., Zephon (Guest), 10-Mar-07 11:35 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Here we are again., Waserax (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:24 AM, #9
     Reply Ugh, very bad timing to make a Maran assassin on my par..., Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 10:07 AM, #12
     Reply I think I know why it is so brutal, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 10:19 AM, #14
          Reply RE: I think I know why it is so brutal, Graatchman (Guest), 11-Mar-07 02:35 PM, #16
          Reply Blah, I'm thinking D&D oh well., Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 07:37 PM, #19
          Reply RE: I think I know why it is so brutal, Waserax (Guest), 11-Mar-07 06:57 PM, #18
               Reply Yes, I was not fast enough, maybe with the next one ;) ..., Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 07:39 PM, #20
     Reply RE: Here we are again., Soayel (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:53 AM, #11
     Reply Ah, As I said, I really hate duergar shaman, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 10:13 AM, #13
     Reply Good char, Hunsobo (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:39 PM, #15
     Reply RE: Good char, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 07:59 PM, #21
     Reply FYI:, Daevryn, 11-Mar-07 03:27 PM, #17
     Reply Oh, I did know that..., Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 07:42 PM, #23
          Reply RE: Oh, I did know that..., Waserax (Guest), 11-Mar-07 09:19 PM, #22
     Reply =*(, Mendecirith (Guest), 11-Mar-07 10:49 PM, #24
          Reply Yes, I'm sad too I wanted to RP with you more, Zephon (Guest), 11-Mar-07 11:58 PM, #25

Zephon (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 09:15 PM

#56164, "Random Imm goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Random Imm goodbyes.
Baerinkia - You were a pretty cool fortress Imm. I hope to see you more it is good to have an active imm who will give promotions when people deserve it. I also liked some of your responses to my random statements. I was slightly afraid of you because Zephon has this thing about not liking getting impaled...

Corrlaan - We did not interact nearly as much as I would have wished but it looked like you were away from what I saw. Even when I did see you I did not get a chance to speak with you. Since everyone else was talking to you. Hind sight, I should have sent you a tell. Then the fortress was attacked while you were in it. Which anoys me. You should have went and kicked their ass (teleport them to random fun locations like the imp). Since they have the Gaul to attack while you are visible in the fortress. I guess you are the acolyte imm so it might be out of character...oh well.

Eshval - We had only a few interactions most of which involved you biting me and draging me off somewhere. I did not really know how to roleplay around a powerful evil imm. I know Zephon really wanted to kill you but he was sure his weapons would not pierce your protections. It kindof made him look passive in front of you but if he was hostile I'm sure you would have just bit him and had him taken away again

Iunna - It was nice being able to talk with you a little in the inn even if I hated some of your followers It is always good to see imms interact with players in the inn. It gives them reasons to want to gather there other than just player interaction and some safe haven. (This goes for eshval as well, except they fear being bitten by her so it takes away some of the safe haven part of the inn with her there, I havnt been bitten by Iunna ever)

Zephon (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 08:56 PM

#56162, "Fortress goodbyes"
In response to Reply #0

Fortress
There are quite a few so if I forget some...forgive me and leave a post if you feel like it.

Acek-You were one sweet paladin. I liked all of our interactions. From calling me Zephone, (damn you, Lauraine! ) to keeping zephon alive, to our race to con death. My hacking up blood was to tell you I was closer... Or atleast I had assumed, I only had one death left... That and I had just died so it was quite possible my character would have been if he was fully formed.

Mendecirith - You were awesome and I liked the whole drama between us.
It made things interesting between us and some of our interactions were sad. The hardest part on Zephon is that he could not protect you from all that he wanted to. This was his character flaw. He was skilled at killing (atleast was supposed to be) and not so much protecting. I got to role play out how he would feel since he could not protect others very well. Thank you for all of our interactions. ^_^ I think it had been fun ever since the joking about accepting the ring you gave me. Then you disapeared for a while and I took a break from Zephon. When I came back I only had 3 or so deaths left...so I pretty much knew I would not see you again.

There was another paladin acolyte that I forgot his name... Started with an Mer... He was encouraging Zephon to continue. (Good job as an scribe)

Soayel - You were a pretty good healer but we did not roll very often and I got myself into quite a few spots that I died in because everyone ran away and I somehow got stuck bashed to death... Oh well, they usually happened when you fled.

Another fortress healer, it started with X... I liked your role even if you were quite strange. It is always nice to have someone strange to liven up the fortress.

Machia - It was obvious you were a noob...if we do not have the orb generally it is a good idea to get it back...not go off and get killed by some skeletons god knows where!

The late Captain - You were helpful in teaching me some things that I did not previously know. There are still some tactics that I need to learn and equipment things I still need to learn. You were pretty good at teaching me a few things atleast. Also thanks for being our Chaperone

The late Marshall - Enarn was quite unfeeling. Sorry but I never did follow your note or even read it I believe until after your death. I'm sure you could have tought me some things but I had the idea you were just going to tell me to avoid waserax and hunsobo completely unless I was going to gang them hard! Which I would much rather not do. Thank you for all the RP chances with Mendecirith when you were attacking nexus. I still think your character was becoming evil by your actions and I tried to listen in on you and the Bardinal. But I was a little bit late to listen in on all of it. Just because you order me to leave does not mean that I have to listen. Especially if I think you are falling into the darkness. Zephon was not going to leave his love alone in the same room as a man who might be blinded by hatred. It was fun rolling with you at any rate. Thought I would explain a few things.

Hopefully I did not forget too many people, sorry if I did.

KarelMon 12-Mar-07 09:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#56163, "RE: Fortress goodbyes"
In response to Reply #27

Nope, my sugeston would have been stalk rom the hall of fire and wait for Waserax to flee in to assassinate. Then stalk Hunsobo. A lot. Duergar first because if you get him the giant has no way to draw you out.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Zephon (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 09:18 PM

#56165, "Fortress goodbyes"
In response to Reply #28

Yes, I tried that a few times, it did not work out too well. I thought Waserax knew more about the fortress than he actually did. That was my downfall. I would never wait for the assassinate, I would trance and end up being bashed down by the two. Plus they could work the Watcher fast enough that it did not matter how quick I was. I would not have enough stalks to get a reliable assassinate. (or so I thought)

zernhop (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:11 PM

#56172, "sad to see you go my close named buddy"
In response to Reply #27

Was fun ranking up with you and all the times at the begining when it was just us against a sea of darkness. I always enjoyed working with you because you were always willing to try and give something your all. I hope you continue to pump out quality characters like this one.

Zephon (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:36 PM

#56175, "How could I forget the invoker! :P"
In response to Reply #31

Seeing you play that invoker made me wish I was still playing Itholin.
I loved that invoker. ^_^
I had lots of fun with Zephon mainly because of the people I got to work with. It was always nice to attack evil villagers in your quicksand

Oh, I'm working on a new one so dont worry.
I showed my new role to a buddy of mine and he said it was "awesome" so I will probably roll with it.

Mende (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 01:52 AM

#56182, "Hah! Hrudgir the pretty captain, the chaperone! that wa..."
In response to Reply #27

nt

Zephon (Guest)Tue 13-Mar-07 02:06 AM

#56184, "RE: Hah! Hrudgir the pretty captain, the chaperone! tha..."
In response to Reply #34

I had fun on our trips. Even the ones to our deaths.
It was fun rolling with you and Hrudgir I probably could have learned quite a bit more if he kept going...oh well.
I thought it was sooo funny when he became a woman. I also kindof felt bad...how many people can have that happen to them?!?! Fortress members need to be more careful!

Fortress seems to come in spirts. For a while we were the only fortress people around then all of the sudden we were pretty much full. Now we have lost how many heros including myself? Oh well, it is just how it works. I hope things get better soon enough...

Acek (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 12:25 AM

#55997, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Zephon Zereldest the Born of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, you won the race it seems. We had some great times. I guess I wont be able to ask anyone if you are beautiful anymore. Good luck on your next!

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:10 AM

#56000, "He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death"
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, we did. I was always happy to see you around because I knew I would get some RP out of you. It is nice to have someone to rely on.

You stopped calling me Zephone! Yay! Yes, I know that was a while ago. You were ruining the whole image I had in my head of my character with that whole Zephone thing.
We blame Lauraine though, right?

Eeeep! Daylights savings time changes tonight! I need to sleep or I'll be very tired for work tomorrow...today...or whatever.

Acek (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:44 AM

#56003, "RE: He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death"
In response to Reply #7

And people think Acek is strict. I almost forgot about Zephone. That was hilarious in it's own right.

Zephon (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 01:05 AM

#56073, "RE: He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death"
In response to Reply #10

I think the best part was when I told you off.
I believe you were a squire and all I needed to say was something like.
"Have some respect, Squire."

If you have a log of that I would love to see it again. It was awesome.

~Zephon Zereldest, The Born of Shadow

Acek (Guest)Mon 12-Mar-07 11:13 PM

#56173, "RE: He he, yep! I always win the race....to con death"
In response to Reply #26

I'll check my archives, can't say if I do or don't. That entire conversation was great though

LauraineSat 10-Mar-07 11:45 PM
Member since 31st Oct 2006
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55995, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Zephon Zereldest the Born of ..."
In response to Reply #0

Something for you.

The path leads towards Azure Field brightens and beckons the spirit of Zephon to enter.

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 12:07 AM

#55996, "I saw, it made me happy ^_^"
In response to Reply #2

The moment before you did that I told a younger gnome that I had to go.

Actually, it had prefect timing.

You say 'I must bid you farewell. Elysium awaits.'

<38/601hp 329/634m 730/730mv 20377tnl (2.50%) 4 PM> (civilized)
The path leads towards Azure Field brightens and beckons the spirit of Zephon to enter.

Perfect timing Indeed. Thanks Lauraine.
~Zephon Zereldest

LauraineSun 11-Mar-07 12:33 AM
7 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55998, "RE: I saw, it made me happy ^_^"
In response to Reply #3

You're welcome. Come back soon.

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:02 AM

#55999, "RE: I saw, it made me happy ^_^"
In response to Reply #5

Keep on working away so I can make a Lauraine follower ^_^
I wanted to be a Flying/Floating Cat follower but that fell through the floor.
I should be back soon enough.
I need to come up with a good role idea first.
Were you the one who titled me?
(I'm not clear on how much power you are given)

Titled and con dead in the same day, a new record! ^_^

LauraineSun 11-Mar-07 01:12 AM
7 posts
#56001, "RE: I saw, it made me happy ^_^"
In response to Reply #6

Nope, someone else titled you. And regarding the gecho, I was given some help as well. But it wasn't the echo I had in mind, think it was obvious some words are missing. I do wish I can simply tell you that I have a gecho coming for you so that you can wait for the gecho before the 2 x delete command goes in. Nevertheless, have fun!

Zephon (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 11:35 PM

#55994, "Here we are again."
In response to Reply #0

I'm very tired right now, I will make a posting later.
If you feel like leaving a post I will respond to it.
Yay I died getting summoned and bashed to death!
Who would have thought?
*Grumbles something about duergar shaman*
The only conclusion that I can come to after this character is that I still hate duergar shaman.
Oh, and bash specs...
Still liked fighting you hunsobo, just not with the shaman around...

I'll post more later!
~Zephon Zereldest

Waserax (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:24 AM

#56002, "RE: Here we are again."
In response to Reply #1

Man, you're not kidding. That matchup is just brutal.

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 10:07 AM

#56011, "Ugh, very bad timing to make a Maran assassin on my par..."
In response to Reply #9

Oh well, I had fun at any rate with the RP even if I died a whole bunch.
Your last summon was perfect timing. I was thinking to myself "no way".
Because I barely escaped and then you summoned me back into him.

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 10:19 AM

#56013, "I think I know why it is so brutal"
In response to Reply #9

Since duergar are small in size the larger hunsobo can bash pretty effectively while I am fighting you. If you were medium or large size he would have a harder time bashing me while I was fighting you atleast.

Otherwise it is just hard when you are getting maldicted to death and bashed to death. I was happy that one time when I got hunsobo around 25% hp. ^_^ I might have finished him if you hadnt plagued me or famished me and I believe I was also poisoned. That is atleast how I got the villager fire giant...

Graatchman (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 02:35 PM

#56023, "RE: I think I know why it is so brutal"
In response to Reply #14

Duergar are medium sized, they are not like gnome or svirf.

Duerg/human/arial/felar/dwarf/halfies are all the same "size".

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 07:37 PM

#56040, "Blah, I'm thinking D&D oh well."
In response to Reply #16

n/t

Waserax (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 06:57 PM

#56038, "RE: I think I know why it is so brutal"
In response to Reply #14

I'm not sure I follow your logic regarding my size. If you're fighting me and you're regular sized, and Hunsobo is giant-sized and at max weight, then he'd going to effectively bash you no matter what my size is.

The reason it's so brutal is that Hunsobo's pretty much guaranteed to get the jump on you after I summon, he's a very effective basher, does tons of damage, and if he has you imobilized then I'm free to stack on maledictions. Which I sometimes neglected to do, on purpose.

The thing you did that got you killed, at least this last time, is fail to teleport after fleeing. Like you said, on that last death you fled and I summoned you back. After the flee, you should have been gone (via teleport) before I was able to re-summon.

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 07:39 PM

#56041, "Yes, I was not fast enough, maybe with the next one ;) ..."
In response to Reply #18

Dont worry about my logic, It was late

Soayel (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:53 AM

#56004, "RE: Here we are again."
In response to Reply #1

Ah well.. Too bad.. Another one bites the dust.

You always seemed a little distant, that I could see, but it was always nice to have you around.

Have fun in the fields!

And yes, that shaman/bash combo is very .. effective.. Did I say how much I hate dispel?

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 10:13 AM

#56012, "Ah, As I said, I really hate duergar shaman"
In response to Reply #11

As Itholin, I also had major problems with the duergar shaman Draktel.
I still loved that invoker it was much easier to escape and bash did not work on me very often.

Zephon was supposed to be distant. He was also supposed to be very depressive and slightly anoying (because of how depressing he was). I decided this after I was getting bash summoned to death. He would start getting depressed. I started to get tired of it myself so I took a break for about a week or so before playing out the last two or three deaths I had left.

Hunsobo (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:39 PM

#56021, "Good char"
In response to Reply #1

I really, really respected you because you always stuck around. For a long part of my life I would be the only hero-level Imperial around and I'd have 4 or 5 Fort enemies (as well as the occasional scion, outlander, etc.). Sticking around against those odds is something I have a bit of pride in. Lots of nights, things would end up turning around - Waserax or someone would log on, a few Fort chars would log off, and pretty soon it's you against 2 or 3 of us. And you always stuck around.

Overall, very nice character. There were times when I would be like "ok no, I'm not going to bash him *again*" and would continue past you. Waserax advocated for that sort of thing too. It can be somewhat hard to RP that, but nobody wants to play a game with a bunch of jerks who kill you all the time.

Unfortunately the way our playing times seem to mesh and all that, you probably still felt that way for all the times I did kill you. If so, sorry about that.

Good job, see you on the fields!

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 07:59 PM

#56043, "RE: Good char"
In response to Reply #15

I'm glad you didnt always bash me to death all the time.
It sucks to get command denied to death (especially when the first command I type does not even happen until after you have killed me).

I wish I could have gotten in one on one battles that were more on my terms but you move around a lot. Even when I did get you in one location an imperial scout would reveal my presence.

There was not one time where I had a good trance on you, mainly because of Waserax. I take that back, maybe once. Oh well, maybe I will do better whenever I decide to make another assassin.

"I knew I should have level sat assassinating everything in sight"

Hunsobo was awesome as an enemy. I have much respect for you.
Keep up the good smashin RP.

~Zephon Zereldest
Itholin, Eynailia, Soblem

DaevrynSun 11-Mar-07 03:27 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#56025, "FYI:"
In response to Reply #1

A bit late for you to know this, but duergar can't see hidden characters hidden in wilderness rooms.

Several of which there are in the Fortress, for example.

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 10:28 PM

#56042, "Oh, I did know that..."
In response to Reply #17

The problem is that Waserax is smart and would reveal me with damage spells quite often. Not to mention that every time that I move into the rooms that will hide me from him I come out of the shadows.

Waserax (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 09:19 PM

#56053, "RE: Oh, I did know that..."
In response to Reply #23

I think Daevryn was alluding to rooms inside the Fortress where an assassin could hide and not be seen by a duergar. The few times I brought you out of hiding, it was outside in the mountains.

That said, I don't remember any such rooms inside the Fortress. Typically wilderness rooms that allow assassins to hide where duergar can't see them are such that you can't walk into them and remain hidden. I don't recall any rooms like that inside the Fortress, but it's possible my memory is just faulty.

Sounds like an investigative job for the Shadow Lord!

Mendecirith (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 10:49 PM

#56062, "=*("
In response to Reply #1

I don't know what to say. I've been in deletion dormancy for the past week due to an extreme need to catch up in four different classes.

Dammit, dammit, dammit. This is really going to be hard on Mende.

I think I understood your deal/role/personality pretty well, and though it's a mite cliche, I thought you pulled it off very well. And of course you always made it fun. I enjoyed travelling and dying and hanging out and dying and going to raid and then always abandoning you to the bashiness (or perhaps that just made me feel like total crap). I've often felt incompetent by not being able to save everyone, but of course it was your deaths that hit Mende's self-assurance and confidence the most.

Sorry for disappearing this week. Blah. I'll definitely have more once I'm dead.

previous characters or a handle?

~The Heartbroken Cardinal

Zephon (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 11:58 PM

#56067, "Yes, I'm sad too I wanted to RP with you more"
In response to Reply #24

I'm sorry that I went off and got myself killed.

I know it is going to be hard on Mendecirith...

he he, I always try to have fun with my characters. Yay for being very depressive and emotional! Yes, we sure did die a lot together but that is what made it fun. Yes, that is exactly how I felt about this character as well. I was sphere protection and I did not feel like I was protecting anyone...well beside the mobs in the fort... I needed a skill like rescue... But assassins dont have anything like that.

It is all right, I disapeared for about a week as well. I just came back a little bit before you and died.
~Zephon Zereldest
Itholin Illustraere, Enyailia, Soblem

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55993 Previous topic | Next topic