Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandarin, ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55950
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 09-Mar-07 08:04 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55950, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandarin, Calligrapher of Control"

Fri Mar 9 19:01:40 2007

At 11 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Sun
on the Theran calendar Linolaques perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:transmuter
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:494

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Linolaques, 09-Mar-07 10:11 PM, #1
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Paskat (Guest), 09-Mar-07 11:22 PM, #2
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Linolaques, 10-Mar-07 03:30 PM, #7
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Lucury (Guest), 10-Mar-07 01:04 AM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Linolaques, 10-Mar-07 03:32 PM, #8
          Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Lucury (Guest), 10-Mar-07 04:04 PM, #12
     Reply This was an asshole character, Pro-Man (Guest), 10-Mar-07 01:19 AM, #4
     Reply RE: This was an asshole character, Linolaques, 10-Mar-07 03:33 PM, #9
     Reply I wasn't crazy about this character., Vladamir, 10-Mar-07 12:35 PM, #5
     Reply Thanks? Or no?, Linolaques, 10-Mar-07 03:46 PM, #10
          Reply You're welcome. It was all compliment. Very good evil R..., Vladamir, 10-Mar-07 05:10 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Kholav (Guest), 10-Mar-07 02:15 PM, #6
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Linolaques, 10-Mar-07 03:46 PM, #11
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Gotavega (Guest), 11-Mar-07 01:36 PM, #14
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Linolaques, 14-Mar-07 06:42 PM, #15
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Veggie Ribs (Guest), 14-Mar-07 10:26 PM, #16
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..., Linolaques, 15-Mar-07 11:20 PM, #19
     Reply Dammit!, Farigno, 15-Mar-07 10:11 PM, #17
          Reply RE: Dammit!, Linolaques, 15-Mar-07 11:11 PM, #18

LinolaquesFri 09-Mar-07 10:11 PM
Member since 25th Sep 2006
63 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55952, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #0

Well, what can I say? Despite having a better idea of what I was getting into than most folks , heroimm life wasn't for me this time. Despite a staff that was exceedingly generous with their patience and praise, I just couldn't bring myself to write my area.

Sure, there were contributing factors of events in the personal life and being discouraged against donating my time when people vow to cheat/bot their way through anything I create, but with everything else I could or should be doing as an adult, writing an area kept finding itself low on the priority list. It's funny: I kept telling myself that I really wanted to write, but I should have recognized I didn't. Anyway, hope there's no hard feelings from the Imm Staff regarding how long it took me to come to my conclusion and what little I have to show for it.

Daevryn--Looks like your curse is still in effect. Thanks for the log-checking fact-finding missions.

Valg!--I really appreciate the endless hours you donate to the mud, and the patience you showed to me.

Corrlaan--I love you and your crazy ideas. If you ever do start your mushroom/berry farm, let me know.

Rayihn--It's no secret you were my favorite. Maybe I should have talked to you less, but I had such a blast hanging out with you. Thanks for doing the majority of my promotions, and the advice on writing and cabal management. I'm going to roll up a super-gangy elf paladin with a lavender cape just for you some day.

Iunna--Thanks for all the support. I haven't seen you around much recently, but I'll still be in touch.

Marmaanth--Dude, you totally stole your religion from my role! Wish I could have gotten up there to help you out more.

Farigno/Ysal--You two both rock, for realz. I expect to see more great things from both of you!

Taqutin--I wish you hadn't disappeared like that. A great character, enjoyed every second I spent playing alongside.

Paskat--Heh, I was trying to work on the same area you were. Didn't work out so well for either of us, eh?

There are plenty more mortals and imms alike that I could/should write to but I have a habit of rambling forever. Perhaps my character's greatest influence will be that I was the inspiration for a certain new "###-tron" term for the cf lexicon. Much to everyone's dismay, I'll still be around playing mortals, muahahah.

Paskat (Guest)Fri 09-Mar-07 11:22 PM

#55953, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #1

>>Paskat--Heh, I was trying to work on the same area you were. Didn't work out so well for either of us, eh?

I'm sorry to see you go, and know exactly what you were going through with that particular area and being a heroimm in general. I thought you were a great provost, and you always had my back. Hopefully you'll get the urge to roll with another Trib in the future, because your character really stood out and made the cabal a force to be reckoned with.

Good luck with your future endeavors.

LinolaquesSat 10-Mar-07 03:30 PM
63 posts
#55974, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #2

Thanks. As for making Trib a force to be reckoned with I think a large part of that was being fortunate enough to have some very skilled players in at the same time, like Spenner, Gotakanal, Taqutin, and you, not to mention others.

Anytime you have good players with a transmuter to beef them up, it's not going to be pretty.

Lucury (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 01:04 AM

#55957, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #1

You were such an awesomely played asshole. We had good times.

LinolaquesSat 10-Mar-07 03:32 PM
63 posts
#55975, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #3

Heh. I used to sit in duo watching you for long periods after you logged on, telling other people not to say anything about me so I could spy on you in your guild while on duty.

I don't know how much you knew I was watching you during those periods, but much to my character's chagrin you never messed up. It's impressive to have played a character for as long as you have, hope you continue having fun!

Lucury (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 04:04 PM

#55983, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #8

After the first time that incident happened, I began to smarten up and realized you were almost always there when I logged on, especially when I could log on periodically/regularly. So yeah, there was definitely some kind of suspicion/paranoia there, but it was all good fun.

I seriously need to start logging on more.

Pro-Man (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 01:19 AM

#55958, "This was an asshole character"
In response to Reply #1

That made me think immediatly, 'This is this guys role and not really him bleeding through.'

In fact, I didn't even think you were an asshole when ever I spoke with you I just thought you were tactfully vainglorious.

Well played!

LinolaquesSat 10-Mar-07 03:33 PM
63 posts
#55976, "RE: This was an asshole character"
In response to Reply #4

Thanks. Strangely enough, our characters always seem to get along really well until you self destruct.

For some time, you were in competition with Paskat to win my affection as up-and-coming Trib kingpins.

VladamirSat 10-Mar-07 12:35 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#55964, "I wasn't crazy about this character."
In response to Reply #1

I mean, I'm not saying there's anything WRONG with how you played. Lino was evil and I suppose from that perspective wasn't meant to be liked. But from the day I joined the Spire as Spenner, I watched you do things that were clearly designed to get you promoted. Again this doesn't make him a bad character, but it's a little off putting to see someone so clearly gunning for a leadership spot. The thing that I REALLY didn't like about it, was your undermining of Kiamae in an orderly cabal. Your jockying for her position was much more an Imperial sort of thing than Tribunal IMHO, and there were a few times where I could only think to myself "He's lucky Kiamae is Provost and not me. I'd boot someone who was trying to stab me in the back that way". I think Lino owes a lot of his success as a character to Kiamae having as soft a touch as she did. A stronger leader would have smacked you down.

You once said you contemplated killing Spenner for his last bit of con, but truth be told I never trusted you enough that you would have really had a chance to. Anytime you were around, I always had something in mind to deal with you if need be. You were good to have as an ally, but trust was NEVER part of the equation.

I don't know what you were going for with Lino, but as far as evil tribs go you did a great job.

LinolaquesSat 10-Mar-07 03:46 PM
63 posts
#55977, "Thanks? Or no?"
In response to Reply #5

First, as far as killing you...that would have been something I harbored toward nearly everyone but never really acted out. Lino really did dislike Spenner though, since he tried to trust him some and found word getting back to Kiamae. But as far as killing you, we both know that I could have never done that thanks to my link (among other things). Thanks for watching out for me all the times I was linkdead.

As far as what I was going for, I was sphere Vanity. I haven't ever had a character before this that sought out rewards, so that (plus being a lowbie pk'er and my first muter) was my main goal on rolling. I thought I did a pretty good job of being a jerk without causing any actual repercussions. I knew (well, had a strong feeling) Kiamae wouldn't actually be harmed by my undermining...as far as all my promotions, they came from Dalteric over Kiamae's objections I believe.

I can't recall ever doing anything corrupt or even improper and went to as great of efforts as possible to make sure that allegations of corruption or assholishness in the Spire were investigated. The things I criticized people within the Spire *were* valid, even if it was a little asinine. Perhaps it's my own ego, but I think the rest of the players could have expected fairer treatment when I was around than under a lot of other leaders.

VladamirSat 10-Mar-07 05:10 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#55985, "You're welcome. It was all compliment. Very good evil R..."
In response to Reply #10

I wasn't being snide. I always think the characters who I don't like, much like I wouldn't like a co-worker, are very well RP'd. You were one of those. I didn't like Lino, which is a compliment.

I was glad to watch out for you when you lost link. I know what it's like to have a crappy link sometimes, and you lost yours a LOT.

Don't be gone too long.

Kholav (Guest)Sat 10-Mar-07 02:15 PM

#55968, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #1

I liked this character a lot, your roleplay was stellar!

My induction interview was awesome and our talks at various fountains were something I looked forward to.

LinolaquesSat 10-Mar-07 03:46 PM
63 posts
#55978, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #6

I liked Kholav a lot and was happy to see other people agreed with me when I was thinking of you as the next Provost. Wish I could have interacted with you more!

Gotavega (Guest)Sun 11-Mar-07 01:36 PM

#56020, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #1

You played your role well and played a rather competent transmuter. At times I was cursing you infront of the screen, but looking back at it, it was more the case of Tribunal being designed for a whole different kind of player than the one I am. Anyway hopefully we'll be fighting/interacting soonish.

LinolaquesWed 14-Mar-07 06:42 PM
63 posts
#56286, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #14

I think if I had one big disappointment in myself as a leader for Trib it was how you and Vindicator got handled.

My goal was to challenge someone that I thought was more skilled than I at pk and game knowledge, hoping it would stimulate some rp instead of what looked like you just coasting along, seemingly bored with the character.

Then when that didn't work out I was put in the awkward position of trying to figure out what to do with someone that obviously wasn't interested in doing what I said was necessary to get promoted.

There was another event you know about that didn't help you out, but I still think you would have been a good Vindicator and in hindsight I wish I'd just done it without the requirements. I think your rp probably would have developed as a result of being made a leader.

So, uh, sorry that didn't work out very well. Glad you don't harbor any ill will, and we'll see each other in the future.

Veggie Ribs (Guest)Wed 14-Mar-07 10:26 PM

#56290, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #1

Sorry to see you go, i knew you as a couple different magistrates. One thing i can say about you is that you deffintely whipped the spire into shape after a little while of chaos when you became provost. I thought for a little while you were the divine voice speaking to me as Progglesnort, and was going to become the next Imm of the spire. Guess i was wrong. Anyone liked the character, and the watch.

LinolaquesThu 15-Mar-07 11:20 PM
63 posts
#56312, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Linolaques Mahansen the Mandar..."
In response to Reply #16

I didn't get to interact too much with Proggie, but I remember quickly forming a good impression and was pushing early for you to be considered for Vindicator.

Faaaar improved over Jaconi, from what I saw too!

Good work, and hope your next (current?) character is even better!

FarignoThu 15-Mar-07 10:11 PM
Member since 11th Apr 2006
53 posts
#56308, "Dammit!"
In response to Reply #1

I was really looking forward to the things I knew you had in you if you could get past your area writing. I enjoyed talking with you and all. Good luck playing your mortals, and email me with the name of one of them so I can smite you for deleting. Anyway, keep on trucking and glwtn and all that business.

LinolaquesThu 15-Mar-07 11:11 PM
63 posts
#56311, "RE: Dammit!"
In response to Reply #17

Be on the lookout for an elf paladin/bard wearing only lavender shorts and a cape named Faeri. I promise to be your first follower!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55950 Previous topic | Next topic