Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Lanning WaveStrider the Dweller o..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55771
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 05-Mar-07 10:16 AM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55771, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Lanning WaveStrider the Dweller of the Wilds, Sunwarden of Thar-Eris"

Mon Mar 5 09:14:01 2007

At 4 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Dark Shades
on the Theran calendar Lanning perished, never to return.

Race:storm
Class:ranger
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:200

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Heh! Those were some brutal comments :P, Lanning (Guest), 07-Mar-07 06:14 PM, #7
Reply RE: Heh! Those were some brutal comments :P, Eshval, 07-Mar-07 10:28 PM, #8
Reply Hah! I knew someone had to be to blame..., Lanning (Guest), 08-Mar-07 12:42 AM, #9
Reply RE: Heh! Those were some brutal comments :P, Kastellyn, 08-Mar-07 05:43 PM, #10
Reply Wondering about the PBF, Lanning (Guest), 06-Mar-07 07:52 PM, #5
Reply E-check hasn't cleared., Valguarnera, 06-Mar-07 08:07 PM, #6
Reply Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too., Lanning (Guest), 06-Mar-07 12:28 AM, #1
     Reply RE: Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too., Ares, 06-Mar-07 03:16 AM, #2
     Reply RE: Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too., Verakh (Guest), 06-Mar-07 05:05 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too., Hunsobo (Guest), 06-Mar-07 02:08 PM, #4

Lanning (Guest)Wed 07-Mar-07 06:14 PM

#55876, "Heh! Those were some brutal comments :P"
In response to Reply #0

Heh, those really weren't a lot of shinies that I dropped, because as a savage I never had much, but a 42 going against three 51's didn't stand a whole lot of chance anyway and it saved me some potion gathering I see the point, but I went in when I knew I was likely to die (and indeed did) instead of just hanging around in the woods till they left (which I've seen others do often enough). Ought to get a little credit for that.

And yes, I knew I could wear rings, it was a style thing where I didn't wear anything on my arms, hands or fingers except for a couple of bone bracelets. I thought it looked more like a savage would look if he spent a lot of time swimming.

If you'd ever watched what an anti-paladin does to a savage, you'll know why I was cautious around Khargurln. He waxed my ass with pathetic ease all 4 times we fought and Thos did as well. As a character, it was all I could do to keep from heading for the deepest water every time I saw them. As a player, I figured I was just padding their pk ratio so I did it anyway.

And no, the stormborn edge never worked. The last time I tried the damage was still less for the inherent than the spell and it always had the 48 hour timer on the inherent. I think the spell duration got shorter, but the inherent timer kept it from being reused.

Finally, I honestly didn't remember dieing that much. I knew I'd died more than I'd killed, but probably half of those deaths I don't recall. Either means I need to remember to take my ginkgo or else I need to remember to take my ginkgo.

EshvalWed 07-Mar-07 10:28 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55887, "RE: Heh! Those were some brutal comments :P"
In response to Reply #7

For all the comments, I enjoyed watching you. Most times you were up against poor odds, and surviving was what I would consider a victory. I did have to stop watching...everytime I did, you died...I thought I was cursing you.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Lanning (Guest)Thu 08-Mar-07 12:42 AM

#55890, "Hah! I knew someone had to be to blame..."
In response to Reply #8

for all those netcastings failing during raids and there never being any mud around when I got into a pk.

Can I blame you for forgetting to call insects and call beasts too? Then I'm sure I'd have never died and rocked all of them!

Heck one of the good things about a storm savage is you really didn't need much at all to at least be in contention, so I never minded dieing too much except for when it was from me being dumb. Thanks for the interactions we did have though.

KastellynThu 08-Mar-07 05:43 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55925, "RE: Heh! Those were some brutal comments :P"
In response to Reply #7

And yes, I knew I could wear rings, it was a style thing where I didn't wear anything on my arms, hands or fingers except for a couple of bone bracelets. I thought it looked more like a savage would look if he spent a lot of time swimming.

I did this with a Battle assassin of mine a while back, no rings or handwear, because his RP had him believe he'd be a more successful assassin that way (most assassination attempts were barehanded). So I respect this RP feature of Lanning.

That and I thought you were a pretty cool character.

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Lanning (Guest)Tue 06-Mar-07 07:52 PM

#55834, "Wondering about the PBF"
In response to Reply #0

Sent payment on Friday for it and was just wondering if you'd gotten it.

ValguarneraTue 06-Mar-07 08:07 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
6904 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55835, "E-check hasn't cleared."
In response to Reply #5

See the FAQ for details:
http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=31&topic_id=1&mesg_id=5499&page=

valguarnera@carrionfields.com

Lanning (Guest)Tue 06-Mar-07 12:28 AM

#55789, "Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too."
In response to Reply #0

I always liked trying rarer combos and this seemed like one that hadn't been hero'd much. Like all combinations it had it's strengths and it's weaknesses. I never did figure out what smear mud did in PK because despite having it perfected, I don't think I ever managed to have it up in a fight because of weather/terrain or duration. Since brutal rush didn't work well for giants, it was kind of annoying to not have one of the bigger potential tools functional for me. Ah well.

I had some good fights and got my rear end kicked a bunch trying to figure out how to make a savage fight with some style. Never did do much against mages but at least I can say I died to the best of them. I can't swear to it, but I think I only died to leader-types. Oh and to Progglesnort a couple of times trying to retrieve against him and his guards while they were supported by a transmuter. I wasn't too bad against warrior types on home ground but off it, I was meat too much of the time and too dumb or too lazy to flee half of it.

Innis: thanks for the Sunwarden position, I think we got a few good folks in there, even if we did lose a few along the way as well.

Halistanis: Enjoyed it when we worked together and found it interesting how you rolled with the dissension. Much deadlier than I was.

Raviri: I was so tempted to send you a lightning bolt when I saw you, but held it in. I wanted to see what a stormborn would do on an arial.

Hunsobo: props to you for coming back for a fight and for the gear return (what little I usually had). I got way more back from the evil Empire than from the goodies in the Spire like Eoal and Maethron.

Kharghurln: I don't think I even dented you. Very annoying when you were on my home turf and still easily waxed my rear end. Props too for returning things.

Kanaev: That last time the devil put a fear in me that lasted a day even with the courageous edge. I was following you around on the sea trying to figure out how to hit you and couldn't do a darn thing. Very frustrating.

The rest of the Tribunals/Imperials, you folks were fun to hunt from time to time, but no one wanted to come play on the sea with me. Very disappointing.

The rest of the Outlanders, keep up the good fight, don't let them get complacent in their walls.

AresTue 06-Mar-07 03:16 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2007
41 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55793, "RE: Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too."
In response to Reply #1

I don't know whether our times just didn't mesh, or what the deal was. But when you were around, I enjoyed your reserved attitude towards most things. And when it came to fighting, you were ready to lay it down. Very well rounded, and very fun to be around.

See you in the fields.

Verakh (Guest)Tue 06-Mar-07 05:05 AM

#55796, "RE: Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too."
In response to Reply #2

Damn you Lanning, you were Verakh's first friend I remember leveling with you in the forest of nowhere and then getting our asses handed to us when I got the hippo and we were fighting the guards in the Aryth :p

Hunsobo (Guest)Tue 06-Mar-07 02:08 PM

#55826, "RE: Had some fun, hope the rest of you did too."
In response to Reply #1

>Hunsobo: props to you for coming back for a fight and for the
>gear return (what little I usually had). I got way more back
>from the evil Empire than from the goodies in the Spire like
>Eoal and Maethron.

Yeah I was like "wtf is he doing, raiding alone when Waserax and I are both on?" Guess the interest was already fading in the char? You're not the only one who's done that sort of thing lately.

I always leave anything I don't need (occasionally it hurts me because I'll check scrollback and be like "aw ####! He had the megakickass uberbelt, and I missed it!) but for you being a savage, it was rare that you wore much eq anyways!

FWIW You were harder to "smash" than I'd have expected (and beat my ass straight up fair and square when we had that "duel" on the river).

Nice work!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55771 Previous topic | Next topic