Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Ways" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55661
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 01-Mar-07 02:20 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55661, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Ways"

Thu Mar 1 13:18:00 2007

At 3 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 21st of the Month of the Great Evil
on the Theran calendar Eled perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:warrior
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:174

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Hah!, Brody.Hrudgir (Guest), 02-Mar-07 01:16 PM, #10
Reply RE: Hah!, Igsoeh, 02-Mar-07 01:23 PM, #11
Reply I always wanted to point out the similarity in names.., Brodie (Guest), 03-Mar-07 06:26 PM, #17
     Reply Sorry, didn't know about the prior char. Brody was a c..., Brody (Guest), 03-Mar-07 06:45 PM, #18
Reply I wanted to bite you to death!, Illemiestara (Guest), 02-Mar-07 01:49 AM, #7
Reply Take care..., Zel (Guest), 01-Mar-07 09:56 PM, #5
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Wa..., Igsoeh, 01-Mar-07 03:36 PM, #1
     Reply *mutters something about jade mountain noexit rooms*, Twist, 01-Mar-07 04:07 PM, #2
     Reply Damn you Eled, Theroc (Guest), 02-Mar-07 03:10 PM, #12
          Reply RE: Damn you Eled, Igsoeh, 02-Mar-07 06:50 PM, #14
     Reply Soddin Hell! An almost Shamanman-like blaze of glory!, Ysaloerye, 01-Mar-07 04:32 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Soddin Hell! An almost Shamanman-like blaze of glor..., Verakh (Guest), 01-Mar-07 06:32 PM, #4
     Reply Ho there Eled, Yean, 02-Mar-07 12:18 AM, #6
     Reply Hey, Kaasi (Guest), 02-Mar-07 11:09 AM, #8
     Reply Well, I guess the giants are going to have to pick up....., Golanth (Guest), 02-Mar-07 01:06 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Wa..., Eulinda (Guest), 02-Mar-07 03:15 PM, #13
     Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Wa..., Kastellyn, 03-Mar-07 10:49 AM, #15
     Reply Ouch, Taelina (Guest), 03-Mar-07 05:03 PM, #16

Brody.Hrudgir (Guest)Fri 02-Mar-07 01:16 PM

#55700, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #0

Brody is what happened to Hrudgir.

Thanks for giving me #### about being teh_homosexual. Everyone else in the village was just like "Whatever dude, you just killed a mage, it is fine that you are gay." The char wasn't fun because he was rolled with the intent to get into lots of fights with other villagers, but everyone besides you seemed 100% cool with him being a huge, huge queer.

IgsoehFri 02-Mar-07 01:23 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
201 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55702, "RE: Hah!"
In response to Reply #10

Yeah, you had me rolling everytime we interacted. The situps when I called you fatty were absolutely priceless. Hrudgir was good too, we just had very limited interactions. Great job again with both.

Brodie (Guest)Sat 03-Mar-07 06:26 PM

#55725, "I always wanted to point out the similarity in names.."
In response to Reply #10

Mainly because I had played Brodie a while ago (check Premium) and wanted to be clear it wasn't the same person. But I just kept it to myself instead.

Brody (Guest)Sat 03-Mar-07 06:45 PM

#55727, "Sorry, didn't know about the prior char. Brody was a c..."
In response to Reply #17

nt

Illemiestara (Guest)Fri 02-Mar-07 01:49 AM

#55684, "I wanted to bite you to death!"
In response to Reply #0

It seems every one else beat me to it...

Zel (Guest)Thu 01-Mar-07 09:56 PM

#55668, "Take care..."
In response to Reply #0

I felt bad whenever we fought, because you always picked the absolute worst times to engage me. I would always have a pair of hooded servitors and already have wands on me after I was hunting outlanders, and you'd jump in and take a rather savage beating and refuse to flee. You stuck with your guns though, and I have to respect somebody that had your ferocity and determination.

You should try trib for your next character, you'd make a good vindicator with that attitude.

IgsoehThu 01-Mar-07 03:36 PM
201 posts
#55662, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Wa..."
In response to Reply #0

Welp, that didn't quite work out the way I wanted it to. Wanted to do a lot more with the character, but, he died, a lot. At low ranks, he did pretty good, killed alot, didn't die that much. I think I started on like a ten or so fight winning streak. I was thinkin hey, I'm finally getting the hang of this PK thing. But no, not at the upper ranks, I got owned repeatedly. I'd say at least half of the deaths were my own fault(staying too long, not having resistance up, etc.), the other half nearly unavoidable due to Eled's role. He was supposed to be rude, would fight at anything, which I did for a while, but due to losing con like nobody's business, I had to throttle that back. I had intended on being a bigger criminal, but again, low con and bad matchups prevented me from doing alot of that. I really wanted to live at least until the end of the role contest, because I thought I had a good chance at winning, and I thought about rolling up a lowbie to play so I wouldn't die off, but hey, that's just not my style, nor would it be like Eled to hide in his hut so his story could get out. Couple observations about specs and legacies. Only thing I got about sword is that I think the number of hits in flurries should be based on dex, and not strength. Just makes more sense to me. Ironhands was lame as far as defense is concerned. A lot of my deaths were from using hands to exploit vulns against the gnomes and svirfs, and I got zero defense. I know h2h got toned down recently, I think it needs a small boost. Mercy is awesome, but its very situtional. Situations where you are defending well enough to stay against a group, you can really start to put a beating on folks. A felar spear spec I think could make that pretty deadly. Fires didn't really ever seem to work for me, in fact, when I got low, it seemed I would fall faster than normal, maybe just the spots I got myself into, but it didn't seem that great. I should have taken incarnadine again. Evade is a cool addition, as were edges. I chose the eyes in the back of the head edge. Either RNG loved me, or that made a difference. After I got it, I had five or six assassinates missed on me, and only got jacked once. Awesome. Apt learner was so so, wish I would have picked something else though. The veil is a cool addition, and as the discussion on Gameplay is going, I think it just needs some tweaking. Nexus I still think is lame, it is awesome always having someone to fight as a villager, I just don't like their dynamic with the rest of Thera. I can tell you this, if I was Empire I would demolish them every chance I got. And I would NEVER travel with them if I were Maran. Just my take on the role, everyone's is different. But it's hard for me to justify aiding nexans as a Maran, or accepting them as an Imperial. But hey, if you wanna change something, you gotta do it from the inside. Even though I was new and didn't play ragers back then, I think I would prefer the old Masters/Battle wars. Enough rambling, onto goodbyes. Also, lowbie looters and people who reference logs of someone losing or winning a fight should die in a fire. That is all.

Imms
Eshval-I don't think I'll ever have an Eshval follower, because that's not my style, but I loved our interactions, and had I lived longer and fleshed more stuff out, Eshval and her religion would have played a pretty heavy role in Eled's existence. You are an awesome Imm, thanks for all the fun.

BattleImms-Always cool, thanks for the Rites, my first ever, pretty sad for an almost serial battlerager eh? Congrats Yean, you'll do a good job. Ysa, you continue to impress.

Twist-That was too perfect. Any other Imm I probably would have made a deal with. Maybe not Daev or Ray, but probably even Eshval. Awesome timing. I'm glad you're back.

Eled was meant to interract with Iunna and Qaledus, I was gonna try and "buy my face back" from Qaledus, and was going to try and learn some lost secrets from Iunna. The Q thing I was starting on, and the Iunna thing I was probably going to abandon, since the interaction depended on Eled actually being a "good" swordsman. He was OK with swords, but not good enough in my eyes.

Battle
Thrak-Stick it out buddy, I got a feeling you aren't far behind, but keep at it, you're pretty suicidal, just like me. And it SUCKS about learning last night, I was really close when we ended, and was going to try and solo to 50 so I could get some CON. I f-in HAD you in the rites. Stupid Taelina. But hey, thems the breaks. Great char, keep at it.

Golanth-Lots of fun, lots of help. Thanks for all the ranking. I still remember that first fight where we thumped the orc and the shaman in the Tahrils, they had no clue you were coming to help me, and that helped a lot. Good job, just stay in the woods more.

Drak-Thanks for all the info on stuff, I'll store that away and hopefully use it in the near future, I think I got time for one more character before my ship goes on deployment, so I'll get at it and use some of that. You were a great Drillmaster, thanks again and go get those fifty!

Taelina-You are ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous. After fighting alongside you, reading logs, and watching a few fights in game, I now know why when seven nexuns were online and I said, hey they might come. You were totally confident that they wouldn't. Battle bards are just mean in the right hands, yours are obviously the right hands. Good luck as Drillmaster, or Drillmistress rather.

Eulinda-You're a badass, annoying at times, but a badass. I got a chuckle more than once from your roleplay. You're whole, I'm not talking to you because your mean tantrums were great. Wish you would have shown up more lately. Keep your blades up birdy!

The Witch Hunter-Also a badass, I am a big fan of the Whiteborn. I think you'll do great as commander. Sorry I couldn't be a better soldier for ya.

Grim-An old timer, I think I fought you a few times as Jeir, and Eled was awed by someone like you because he was raised in a merc camp on legends of villagers and other famous warriors. Wish you were around more.

Nharrpos-Big bad MF. You thumped the #### outta me in the rites. I'm sure you'll get lots of kills and be a famous villager.

Brinknum-Another big bad MF. Didn't see as much of you as I did Nharrp, but I was always pretty confident in our chances as a cabal when one of you was around. Good job, and keep smushin em.

Pesh-Cool guy. I like your cockiness and your deathfullness. Was always glad to have you around. Your CB chatter was priceless, particularly when Eulinda was around.

Fhaen, Kaasi, Twilakon, Onizuka- You guys and girl are the new blood, I think all of you are going to do well. Sorry I died and left you guys to get the head, terrible luck, stepping into quicksand next to all the scions just blows. Keep plugging at the ranking and get up there and slaughter them bastards!

Brody-I'm not sure where you ran off to, but you were an awesome character and I wished you would have stayed around more.

Nexus
Zesam-Pain in the ass, as everyone knows, just like healers should be. Eled despises you, I think you do a good job as a healer, keep it up.

Tokonwa-Good fights.

Balkaran-Tough dude, good fights.

Jenno-Didn't seem near as tough, didn't seem to want to fight alone. Not sure why.

Verakh-Not sure about the count, I'm guessing pretty even. Owl=suck. Walrus=badass. Always game for a fight though. Maybe try prepping more though?

Tummarellen-I hate immolate, officialy. Because of you and Taelina in the rites, but mostly you. I got you once though, right after I got Algrahk, and then I promptly died to the patrolman on the road. Good fights mostly.

Nano-Good fights, I think 2-1 in your favor, or even, can't remember. You were one of the reasons I think that h2h specs got toned down too much. I would get smoked by you even before the kot and kans. Supposedly h2h specs are supposed to be > unarmed assassins, but it didn't seem that way to me.

Tsyda-Wow, armadillo is tough. Anything short of ganging the hell of you probably won't work.

Marastron-Rank up and leave the island sometimes.

Vettal-Couple of good fights. I'll bet you end up pretty tough.

Scions
Algrahk-Ouch. Ouch. Those flurries were ridiculous. Lots of fights. Good job.

Kanaev-You are just sick, and those stupid chain-lightning devils can eat my ass with a spoon. That and your stupid nightgaunts. Good job. You make me want to try a conjurer. But then I realize there is probably too much prep involved and I figure I'll probably just roll up another villager.

Edimus-Tough, great rp. We only fought a couple of times. Good job.

Empire
Vezrith-You are unreal. I had almost no chance most of the time against you.

Hunsobo-We never fought, and interacted rarely, but you get a mention just because you are such a badass, and because of the way you are playing that char. I can't wait to see what you end up doing.

Kharg and Thos-I had no chance against either of you. Kharg, your roleplay still impressess me.

Wenariath-Great fights when we were young. That one outside the village was one of the reasons I got in so fast. I was almost dead too.

Hortzbaff-You just don't have it against villagers I guess. At least you come to fight.

Valryn/Merlaan-That knock me out and assassinate me trick mad me choose the eyes in the back of the head edge. Thanks.

Others
Imam-Good fights, binders are mean in the right hands. Good interaction early too.

Theroc-Good interactions, have fun in the Inn, sorry I quit showing up, always had fighting to do.

Gnashgar-Awesome fights, some of the most fun fights I had. Glad we quit chasing eachother though.

Arcibu-Mean. Cheater.

Maethron-Good interaction. I just wish I was more healthy so we could have tussled some as "cops and robbers."

Zel-Pretty mean, at least against me. Another I would have fought more had things worked out differently.

Ilden-Not sure what happened that time with the imp, maybe I was using hands or something. Good fights though.

Seraani-Good interactions, you dissapeared though.

I know I'm forgetting people, you know the drill. Thanks everyone for the fun, keep at it and let's hope we get some new blood in the game. I'm out!!

Igsoeh Darkstorm
Iomyndor
Ildareen
Ulthinius
Aelisoc Venator
Jeir Govanion and now
Eled ib Llibani

TwistThu 01-Mar-07 04:07 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#55663, "*mutters something about jade mountain noexit rooms*"
In response to Reply #1

"Twist-That was too perfect. Any other Imm I probably would have made a deal with. Maybe not Daev or Ray, but probably even Eshval. Awesome timing. I'm glad you're back."

Yeah, it was too perfect, I hear that you just said something about making a deal with the devil to get out of your predicament and I'm like...well, guess that's me!

FYI I'm the one who gave you the xp after that, since you made the absolute right roleplay choice. (telling that lower level gnome invoker who asked if you needed help "Sod off, stumpy" or whatever you said was nice, too)

GLWTN!

Theroc (Guest)Fri 02-Mar-07 03:10 PM

#55703, "Damn you Eled"
In response to Reply #2

Loved your inn-teractions. I always wanted to travel with you. But once you became a villager, it was hard. I always had something magikal on me at all times.

STUMPY!!! Reminds me of you calling me all the time even. Did you have the legacy to detect hidden?

It was fun, Good Luck

IgsoehFri 02-Mar-07 06:50 PM
201 posts
#55710, "RE: Damn you Eled"
In response to Reply #12

No, no detect hidden legacy, but the eyes in the back of my head edge. Awesome edge.

YsaloeryeThu 01-Mar-07 04:32 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
#55665, "Soddin Hell! An almost Shamanman-like blaze of glory!"
In response to Reply #1

Nicely done all round. Always good solid RP whenever I looked in on you. Sorry you were the red-head step child of the rites! But I'm glad you enjoyed them despite your smackdowns. It was one of the best attended rites in a while, and we were all really happy with everyone who took part.
You got out there and mixed it up, just like a berserker should, and had your fair share of wins.

Looking forward to the next incarnation.

Verakh (Guest)Thu 01-Mar-07 06:32 PM

#55666, "RE: Soddin Hell! An almost Shamanman-like blaze of glor..."
In response to Reply #3

Was cool facing you, you never backed down Yeah Owl is basically a scouting thing but damn was I glad our last fight that you hunted my owl down to the river I know I gotta start prepping more, and you know, equipping Sorry you died man, good luck with your next character. Maybe a Nexan Ranger Hunter? *wink wink* No clue why I said that...randomness whee.. anyway have fun *waves*

YeanFri 02-Mar-07 12:18 AM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
275 posts
#55680, "Ho there Eled"
In response to Reply #1

Drats I really enjoyed this char and his rp. Loved it whenever the Destructor announced your entry. I thought you went out in a real fitting way for a Villager, and displayed much courage and spirit. You will be missed I'm sure..hope to see you around soon.

Kaasi (Guest)Fri 02-Mar-07 11:09 AM

#55694, "Hey"
In response to Reply #1

I liked Eled, you were pretty no-nonsense and obviously were willing to mix it up. I can't believe I let Edimus get the drop on me like he did, but oh well. Anyway, i thought you were solid. Wasn't so sure about the writing a istory thing, but it was cool and easy to do. Did you start that, or someone else?

Kaasi

Golanth (Guest)Fri 02-Mar-07 01:06 PM

#55699, "Well, I guess the giants are going to have to pick up....."
In response to Reply #1

the slack on calling me shorty and giving me hell about the stupid things that I do.

Seriously, Golanth considered Eled one of his best friends, just from the sheer amount of time they spent together. Eled was a good character with whom I though would come to my aid anytime I needed it. And when we got together, well, who knew what was going to happen.

The Tahril mountains was one good memorable spot. Good setup where the fight was brought to me in the wilds. I knew the orc was totally pissing himself as soon as I ambushed him and took about half of his life away. And having you there taking the blows, well, it just made that fight all the easier.

Another time I remember is in the ruins outside the village, where it just seemed a massive amount of imperials/scions/mages in general seemed to be coming out of the woodwork. You were a villager then, and I was still trying to get my hut, if I remember correctly. But it seemed to me we put the smack down on the whole lot of them, and even when you bloodthirsted there at the end, we had a few corpses laying about. Not bad for a ranger who has a total of about 8 spots he can hide, and a warrior against overwhelming odds.

Glad to have known Eled, and sorry I coudln't get you that rank. It seems that mountain has more of my corpses on it than any other place in Thera.

Anyway, see you round.

Golanth

Eulinda (Guest)Fri 02-Mar-07 03:15 PM

#55704, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Wa..."
In response to Reply #1

Eled was fun to watch, but in character of course I was far more often mad at you than happy with you. She hated being called birdy! Yes, I realize she's hypocritical. Deal with it.

I'm glad you had fun, I know I had fun when you were around, happy with you or not in char. Hopefully your next will be as much fun, and last a bit longer.

As for my recent times, I'm having some connectivity problems, but I've been promised they will be back up on Monday or Tuesday, so if anyone has been missing me, rejoice. If not, your sans-Eulinda vacation is almost over!

KastellynSat 03-Mar-07 10:49 AM
864 posts
#55720, "RE: (CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Eled the Disciple of Ancient Wa..."
In response to Reply #1

I knew this was coming. What a blaze of glory your life was, you lived as a Villager should. Definitely had no fear of death and were never afraid to bring it to others. Enjoyed your participation in the Rites, enjoyed our little induction party as well. Always solid RP. Glad you enjoyed Eled, good luck with the next one!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Taelina (Guest)Sat 03-Mar-07 05:03 PM

#55724, "Ouch"
In response to Reply #1

I had no idea it was coming. You should have told me about it. I think we could do one or two things to let you live longer. We did not meet much but I guess good job on con death

And sorry for that incident at the rites.

Good luck with your next.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55661 Previous topic | Next topic