Subject: "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55413
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 22-Feb-07 06:57 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55413, "(DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense"

Thu Feb 22 11:23:03 2007

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Ancient Darkness
on the Theran calendar Zaerin perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:32
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:62

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Lame. nt, Hurdgir (Guest), 22-Feb-07 04:27 PM, #4
Reply Any particular reason?, Mendecirith (Guest), 22-Feb-07 02:55 PM, #2
Reply Not interested in monotony at the moment for the most p..., eternal_elf, 22-Feb-07 03:06 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Not interested in monotony at the moment for the mo..., Ares, 22-Feb-07 04:28 PM, #5
     Reply His policy, eternal_elf, 22-Feb-07 04:34 PM, #6
          Reply RE: His policy, Waserax (Guest), 22-Feb-07 04:40 PM, #7
               Reply RE: His policy, Baerinika, 22-Feb-07 04:59 PM, #8
               Reply RE: His policy, Waserax (Guest), 22-Feb-07 05:44 PM, #9
               Reply It is neccessary imho (txt), Hrudgir (Guest), 22-Feb-07 05:50 PM, #11
               Reply Agree in a big way. Yay Enarn. Makes me almost wanna ro..., Eskelian, 22-Feb-07 11:52 PM, #13
     Reply RE: Not interested in monotony at the moment for the mo..., Enarn (Guest), 22-Feb-07 05:31 PM, #12
          Reply Word., eternal_elf, 22-Feb-07 05:49 PM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense, Mystery Orc (Guest), 22-Feb-07 02:11 PM, #1

Hurdgir (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 04:27 PM

#55442, "Lame. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

Mendecirith (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 02:55 PM

#55438, "Any particular reason?"
In response to Reply #0

But... you just joined! I was looking forward to having another warrior around. What happened?

eternal_elfThu 22-Feb-07 03:06 PM
Member since 25th Feb 2005
59 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55440, "Not interested in monotony at the moment for the most p..."
In response to Reply #2

I'm not going to argue or cause problems. I also wasn't going to write a note for every death that occured. I appreciate that the marshall was taking a hands on approach to the fortress, but when the hands on approach isn't fun, there's just no point in it. I wasn't going to write the note, and I wasn't going to argue about it or get kicked out. I just decided there was something more fun out there for me to do, and I went with the urge. I want to have fun, and while I'm not above putting effort into a character? At the moment I just want something that is fun for me and will spark my interest in CF again. I've been in a super rut with my last couple characters, and I'm trying to break that.

I'll be back eventually, when things aren't so strict and I can enjoy the pk aspect of the fortress without having to write a novel everytime I die(even the most l337 player dies from time to time) and I think thats just a bad requirement.

AresThu 22-Feb-07 04:28 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2007
41 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55443, "RE: Not interested in monotony at the moment for the mo..."
In response to Reply #3

Wait wait wait, you mean to tell me that the Marshall has a policy where you have to write notes about dying or killing someone? Or did I read your post wrong?

eternal_elfThu 22-Feb-07 04:34 PM
59 posts
#55445, "His policy"
In response to Reply #5

Is to write a note everytime you die. Explain in said note what happened, what went wrong, how it can be fixed. All of which is part of the marshall duties, I just didn't want to do it. I wasn't going to cause a fuss about it, so I bowed out and made something else.

Waserax (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 04:40 PM

#55446, "RE: His policy"
In response to Reply #6

That's a cool idea. Points for Enarn.

BaerinikaThu 22-Feb-07 04:59 PM
Member since 23rd Jan 2007
338 posts
#55447, "RE: His policy"
In response to Reply #7

Yup, I like it too. People always mock the Fortress for being filled with 'newbies' and people who don't pk very well, and having a Marshall willing to take on the Marshall task of teaching them fighting evil tactics is a great idea. I know his 'gruff' manner might put a few people off for having to swallow a little pride and admit defeat, but I'm behind it completely.

There will be no white flag above my door. - Dido

Stones taught me to fly
Love taught me to cry
So come on courage
Teach me to be shy
Cause it's not hard to fall - Damien Rice

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter, footsteps even lighter - Kelly Clarkso

Waserax (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 05:44 PM

#55450, "RE: His policy"
In response to Reply #8

Yeah, in my limited interactions with Enarn, his RP makes me want to kick him in the face (*). Repeatedly. But it's still a cool idea.

(*) I'm aware this may be exactly the effect he's going for.

Hrudgir (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 05:50 PM

#55452, "It is neccessary imho (txt)"
In response to Reply #8

I'm not an elite pker by any means, but I do alright.

But there are some basic things that many fortressites do wrong that lead to unneccesary deaths, and I think Enarn is taking good, concrete steps to put an end to some of it.

EskelianThu 22-Feb-07 11:52 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
2023 posts
#55457, "Agree in a big way. Yay Enarn. Makes me almost wanna ro..."
In response to Reply #7

n/t

Enarn (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 06:57 PM

#55449, "RE: Not interested in monotony at the moment for the mo..."
In response to Reply #3

I realize everyone dies, I do too. For some people my only response woul be, hey, #### happens man, keep trucking. The point of it was to see who it is that really needs the help and if they keep making the same mistakes. I wasn't asking for a novel.

I fought a fire giant warrior. It was a pretty even fight except he disemboweled me. I cold have used more protections, gone to a healer, tried to stun him, disembowel first or blinded him and deprived him of weapons.

My reply to that would be... yep. I didn't really know you much but you didn't seem like you would need any real help, but I knew you were just ignoring me rather than forgetting. And a part of being in a cabal is being able to follow orders.

eternal_elfThu 22-Feb-07 05:49 PM
59 posts
#55451, "Word."
In response to Reply #12

***My reply to that would be... yep. I didn't really know you much but you didn't seem like you would need any real help, but I knew you were just ignoring me rather than forgetting. And a part of being in a cabal is being able to follow orders.***

I absolutely agree with you, and I was avoiding you. I've played hardasses in the past, and I've played for hardasses too. I'm fairly certain I can handle anything thrown at me CF wise be it orders, or whatever. I just wasn't feeling it, nothing much I could do about that. Maybe it was just a bleh character. I dunno.

Mystery Orc (Guest)Thu 22-Feb-07 02:11 PM

#55428, "RE: (DELETED) [FORTRESS] Zaerin the Master of Defense"
In response to Reply #0

Good I hated you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55413 Previous topic | Next topic