Subject: "Kelthiar Is Gone - Paladin/Maran not for me right now." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55125
Show all folders

MinyarWed 14-Feb-07 05:13 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
504 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55125, "Kelthiar Is Gone - Paladin/Maran not for me right now."

Well, let me start by saying sorry to Daevryn for not being a great follower the whole time. I couldn't get into the role/cabal very well as I tend to shy away from the "in power" groups. I also am not sure how I feel about Paladins. Like a Shaman its hard to land that final blow in combat, but unlike a shaman, there wasn't much I could do to land the kill after the fight. I guess I need to try again at some point, but I just wasn't excited about it. I also don't really want to play another religion that seems to be more "honorable." I'm not saying that it is, but I guess I read the helpfile that way. Not that i want to go out and gang/full loot everyone I fight, but after Draktel, I think I need a bit more group hunting and such.

anyway, I thought Maran was alright and I liked the note I saw from the Marshall. I definately believe maran gets beat up so much because they don't form up to defend, and so they die one at a time. This was often how I could pick foes off as Draktel as well. anyway, just my thoughts.

If you want to make any kind of statement/criticism, please do and I'll write back if warranted.

Aaron

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

IsildurFri 16-Feb-07 05:25 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#55161, "RE: Kelthiar Is Gone - Paladin/Maran not for me right n..."
In response to Reply #0

Having played an elf shield spec, basically it was about surprising people with a bunch of wrath damage really quickly. Lame as that sounds (and arguably is). Now, I kind of suck, but I managed to get ~30 kills in approx. 550 hours, with very few deaths, so it's at least possible to have a good *ratio* if not a high kill count. A better player than me could probably have had twice that many kills w/ the same combo.

The Shooloo (Guest)Fri 16-Feb-07 05:07 PM

#55160, "Enjoyed our religion talks..."
In response to Reply #0

And enjoyed even more the try and get you a kill thing. Even if I did turn around several ranks later and pull the same stunt on you. Hurry back with another, see you in the fields.

DaevrynThu 15-Feb-07 09:38 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#55126, "RE: Kelthiar Is Gone - Paladin/Maran not for me right n..."
In response to Reply #0

Yeah, I'm not really sure what to say about that. I could tell that you were trying to fight one on one or close to it, and I could also tell that you were struggling with it. For what it's worth, there is/was recently a Fort paladin with a fairly similar build who was putting down no small number of solo kills, so it definitely can still be done with that combo. Too much time playing Empire and Outlander and apparently you can't bring it one on one anymore!

Seemed like it caught you off guard at that one point when Daevryn, essentially, wasn't willing to empower you more because (despite your efforts) you hadn't yet come up with success in either of those two areas. I could tell you were something of a veteran player, and I was expecting that that kind of results-based empowerment would appeal to you, but maybe not?

Good luck on your next.

Kelthiar (Guest)Thu 15-Feb-07 11:21 AM

#55127, "I didn't mind at all"
In response to Reply #1

Believe me when i say, I didn't mind. Especially after my empowerment with Crugald through Amaranthe. I completely agreed that I should put the smack down on a darkling before too much more. Though, I kind of thought getting into the fort would be a goal as well that might get it. Of course, I also killed my first evil person ten minutes before induction. That was funny. I have no doubt I could have stayed with kelthiar and laid down some serious killing, but I wasn't having much fun, I'm sure you know how that is. Kelthiar wasn't unsuccessful really in my mind, just boring and in a overpopulated cabal.

I know you were jesting with the one on one comment, but I like to think most of my characters have no trouble bringing it one on one. Sometimes the easy road is too appealing though.

Aaron

DaevrynThu 15-Feb-07 12:38 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#55132, "RE: I didn't mind at all"
In response to Reply #2

>Believe me when i say, I didn't mind. Especially after my
>empowerment with Crugald through Amaranthe. I completely
>agreed that I should put the smack down on a darkling before
>too much more. Though, I kind of thought getting into the
>fort would be a goal as well that might get it.

Yeah, I would have empowered you some more if you'd managed that. Daevryn religion goals don't have to be all about the murder and I considered that one valid.

>Of course, I
>also killed my first evil person ten minutes before induction.
> That was funny. I have no doubt I could have stayed with
>kelthiar and laid down some serious killing, but I wasn't
>having much fun, I'm sure you know how that is. Kelthiar
>wasn't unsuccessful really in my mind, just boring and in a
>overpopulated cabal.

Yeah, I don't know. Fort is definitely tres full of people at or near hero, but it seemed like you could still get some good action going in the mid levels.

>I know you were jesting with the one on one comment, but I
>like to think most of my characters have no trouble bringing
>it one on one. Sometimes the easy road is too appealing
>though.

I don't know, man! I would have thought so too, but, here we are. You'll just have to show me you've still got it with the next one or the one after that.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #55125 Previous topic | Next topic