Subject: "Mallias deleted" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54374
Show all folders

Mallias (Guest)Thu 18-Jan-07 01:49 PM

#54374, "Mallias deleted"

Had fun.

This character was partly just to try out a new ranger and partly to try to overcome my unwillingness to die. So I basically played him suicidally, and I'm sure my pk record supports this.

This was probably the best experience I've had in terms of the behavior of other players. There wasn't anything that left a sour taste in my mouth. Particularly big props to the villagers I fought. You all showed what I think the village should show
(whether kicking my butt as usual or on the very few occasions that things went my way instead).

Deleting as I just can't play very often, keep getting hit by hoarding code every time I log on (not that I had much anyway).

Incidentally, for Twist, I do know about prepping. I just figured that I'd probably die so often that I couldn't be bothered to gather preps before doing risky stuff. Agree that it would have helped me to live, but as I said, part of what I was trying to achieve with this character was a willingness to die.

Cheers all.

Daurwyn.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Huh.., Thnadri (Guest), 20-Jan-07 08:17 PM, #21
Reply Well, I did what I could to help others, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 08:23 PM, #22
Reply Nice char, DurNominator, 20-Jan-07 07:38 PM, #18
Reply RE: Mallias deleted, Erasifh (Guest), 20-Jan-07 07:37 PM, #17
Reply Yeah, I felt I should have been a mage bond-wise, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 08:25 PM, #23
Reply Was fun bro..., Geranim (Guest), 20-Jan-07 02:45 PM, #15
Reply Yeah, got the impression you didn't like the water, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 08:28 PM, #24
Reply Sheesh, not another one., Tsyda (Guest), 20-Jan-07 02:14 PM, #14
Reply That fight in the tree was my favorite, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 07:04 PM, #16
Reply RE: Mallias deleted, Tiatan, 20-Jan-07 11:14 AM, #11
Reply RE: Mallias deleted, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 07:49 PM, #20
Reply Good to see you dying Bernie~, Abernytee (Guest), 20-Jan-07 09:57 AM, #10
Reply RE: Good to see you dying Bernie~, Bernie (Guest), 20-Jan-07 08:29 PM, #25
     Reply Totally up for a UK piss-up!~, Abernytee (Guest), 21-Jan-07 01:22 PM, #26
Reply How was Nexus?, GinGa, 20-Jan-07 04:40 AM, #7
Reply RE: How was Nexus?, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 05:10 AM, #8
     Reply RE: How was Nexus?, Daevryn, 20-Jan-07 08:47 AM, #9
          Reply Just to clarify, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 12:04 PM, #12
               Reply Yup!, Daevryn, 20-Jan-07 01:30 PM, #13
Reply RE: Mallias deleted, Ronauk (Guest), 19-Jan-07 06:02 PM, #5
Reply RE: Mallias deleted, Adrigon, 19-Jan-07 05:10 AM, #2
Reply Thanks., Mallias (Guest), 19-Jan-07 11:10 AM, #4
Reply Bah I was wondering where you are, Drakgrak (Guest), 19-Jan-07 02:36 AM, #1
     Reply You were my favorite rager, Mallias (Guest), 19-Jan-07 10:41 AM, #3
          Reply Ya, Drakgrak (Guest), 20-Jan-07 04:15 AM, #6
               Reply Let me qualify that, Mallias (Guest), 20-Jan-07 07:46 PM, #19

Thnadri (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 08:17 PM

#54482, "Huh.."
In response to Reply #0

It was pretty neat the first and only time I saw you logged on... you run out and get me a weapon. So I'm thinking oh let's get buddy buddy with this guy, but then I never saw you again. Oh, and I went out myself and finally found that neat little club.

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 08:23 PM

#54483, "Well, I did what I could to help others"
In response to Reply #21

Figured that since I sucked at pk and my rp wasn't much better, I might as well make myself useful.

Yeah, I found that club too. Must remember to pick it up some time with other chars.

DurNominatorSat 20-Jan-07 07:38 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54479, "Nice char"
In response to Reply #0

Good luck with your next!

Erasifh (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 07:37 PM

#54478, "RE: Mallias deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Bastid!
Seems I keep running into you as a player at every turn whenever I myself play

Regardless, Erasifh was fond of you as he knew he could rely on you to do the right things in the right situations, both when ranking and in PK. Even though we didn't get to do much of the latter together which kinda bummed me.
Another thing I'd like to see and I know it's been mentioned is to consider an animist ranger as a mage to allow for bonding with a warrior-type class. Sneaky camoing beat-down squad? Yes please. That symbiosis spell did help us out a whole lot when we were out together.

Anyway, good luck on the next and all that and I hope I get to run into you again, which by the looks of things isn't too unlikely to happen.

Erasifh

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 08:25 PM

#54485, "Yeah, I felt I should have been a mage bond-wise"
In response to Reply #17

Not sure exactly what I'd have offered, expect maybe zephyr, but I certainly felt more like a mage than a warrior.

Yeah, things were pretty cool during the brief time that you, Nanorab and Geranim were around together.

Geranim (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 02:45 PM

#54468, "Was fun bro..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember me , you and Erasifh learning barely into pk range... then close to twenty think Nanorab joined up with us, and I think damn near to 30 something it was just all of us learning, then after all went nexan you and eras learned alot together and me and nano, then later in life me and you underwater... I always felt completely useless underwater with you so I didnt go back too much..

anyway wish I could have saw you more.. seems our times didnt mesh that well all the time... second time I had a char spend a large amount of time with one of yours... glad to say Ive still never been disappointed..

see you later..

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 08:28 PM

#54486, "Yeah, got the impression you didn't like the water"
In response to Reply #15

Not sure why I got so hooked on hanging around down there.

Liked your character, though I admit I didn't place a vote for the mage leadership. Voted Nanorab for the warrior side, and abstained on the other because I didn't feel I knew anyone well enough to vote. Think at the point of voting I'd hardly played at all, and got hit with hoarding code repeatedly. (Though I didn't have much to lose so it didn't matter.)

Tsyda (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 02:14 PM

#54467, "Sheesh, not another one."
In response to Reply #0

Mallias was a good character, enjoyable to adventure with what little we did. I really liked bonding with Mallias, the benefits were really quite good and you being knowledgeable in fights made for some fun encounters. My only complaint would have been to have you around more.

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 07:04 PM

#54477, "That fight in the tree was my favorite"
In response to Reply #14

The reason I couldn't play much is that I own a home in Manchester (UK) but work in York. Commuting was too much of a pain so I now rent a place in York (sharing with someone from work).

Anyway, for some reason my wireless broadband never worked in York, so I only ever played when I happened to be down in Manchester and also not out with friends.

Now my housemate in York has got wireless so I'm back. Bad new for the gf but that wasn't working out anyway.

TiatanSat 20-Jan-07 11:14 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#54461, "RE: Mallias deleted"
In response to Reply #0

I remember interacting with you on a few occasions when Tiatan was young (my memory of that time of his life is pretty fuzzy, though, I must admit), but then you seemed to disappear for a while. I would see you around at times and contact you, but it never amounted to much, though I must admit that Tiatan got extremely busy towards the end of his life. Still, I thought it was a pity because your character seemed really cool. Anyways, don't know what else to say, so good luck with your next.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 07:49 PM

#54481, "RE: Mallias deleted"
In response to Reply #11

Hmm, your signature brings to mind phantasmal fiend.

Abernytee (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 09:57 AM

#54456, "Good to see you dying Bernie~"
In response to Reply #0

heh

Bernie (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 08:29 PM

#54487, "RE: Good to see you dying Bernie~"
In response to Reply #10

So was it your pk ratio I was padding? ;*)

Feels like might be worth doing another UK sess sometime too.

Abernytee (Guest)Sun 21-Jan-07 01:22 PM

#54502, "Totally up for a UK piss-up!~"
In response to Reply #25

~

GinGaSat 20-Jan-07 04:40 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
996 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54440, "How was Nexus?"
In response to Reply #0

Just wondering how you felt about the people, its powers and its roleplay.

Yhorian.

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 05:10 AM

#54441, "RE: How was Nexus?"
In response to Reply #7

Ok, when I first joined, I was really disappointed with some of the members.

I can remember being in the cabal for about an hour when a big argument broke out about who should have healed who, who should have made who fly, etc etc.

I also remember cb'ing that I'd been jacked and that an ap was spelling me up whilst I was being tied up too. I could hear the cabal channel and people were just chatting about gear and stuff, which really ticked me off.

Ultimately they could have at least seen if anyone else in my pk was around that might help.

Powers-wise, I think the nexus powers are ok, although as a ranger I never offered anything useful in the bond. Camo in bond is nice but we just never used it when I bonded.

Personally I'd like to see ranger herbs heal both people, and if the ranger is an animist, I wouldn't be totally averse to seeing zephyr protect both parties in a bond.

Nexus imms were great. Nexus leaders were good choices imho. There was what, to me, felt like an ooc group in nexus at one point, in that they always seemed to group with each other even if it suited the cabal to re-arrange stuff.

Nexus powers other than the bond were excellent imho. Vanguard especially so. A good balancing power.

I felt the philosphy of the cabal worked too. So on the whole, I kind of liked nexus. Just didn't suit my char much as I was fighting ragers a lot (with only targeted spells plus animists' reduced melee skills) and in the early days, outlanders (many of who animist spells don't work effectively on).

DaevrynSat 20-Jan-07 08:47 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54455, "RE: How was Nexus?"
In response to Reply #8

>I also remember cb'ing that I'd been jacked and that an ap was
>spelling me up whilst I was being tied up too. I could hear
>the cabal channel and people were just chatting about gear and
>stuff, which really ticked me off.
>
>Ultimately they could have at least seen if anyone else in my
>pk was around that might help.

Ugh. I wish I had seen that.

>Powers-wise, I think the nexus powers are ok, although as a
>ranger I never offered anything useful in the bond. Camo in
>bond is nice but we just never used it when I bonded.

FYI, there's some other stuff (especially at higher levels), but at least one (IMHO) really good benefit requires your bondmate to not be totally asleep at the wheel to notice it.

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 12:04 PM

#54464, "Just to clarify"
In response to Reply #9

I got lots of useful stuff from the bond. Are you saying there was something I could have given that is good? (I know I gave protection from elements as well, and it seemed that in some cases I could give creep.)

DaevrynSat 20-Jan-07 01:30 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#54466, "Yup!"
In response to Reply #12

At least one thing more that's good off the top of my head.

It'd be hard for you to notice, but not that hard for a bondmate who is paying moderate attention.

Ronauk (Guest)Fri 19-Jan-07 06:02 PM

#54421, "RE: Mallias deleted"
In response to Reply #0

I think we only got to fight once or twice, but the one time by the headhunters was fun. Good luck with the next.

AdrigonFri 19-Jan-07 05:10 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
158 posts
#54388, "RE: Mallias deleted"
In response to Reply #0

Heh. Good to see you're still around. I hung out with you as Halamael (and was very curious about your spells!) and then later I got to interact with you from the other side of the fence. All good!

So. Did it work? Are you willing to die?

Good luck with everything!

Mallias (Guest)Fri 19-Jan-07 11:10 AM

#54394, "Thanks."
In response to Reply #2

I enjoyed our brief spell together. Was curious to see how a druid would work out in nexus.

I think I've got the hang of this dying business, but I might be slightly less suicidal with my next character anyway.

Drakgrak (Guest)Fri 19-Jan-07 02:36 AM

#54386, "Bah I was wondering where you are"
In response to Reply #0

You have no idea how much I liked Mallias. I did not want to keep fighting you but the way everything was set up in the earlier nexus-village wars, I had no other choice. You had your moments and there were some particularly close fights. With the code changes to HTOH now, I can see some fights going entirely your way as well. Good good fights and was a pleasure.
I really looked up to you and chewed through a lot of your posts when I started out on cf. Keep playing. Roll a rager!

Mallias (Guest)Fri 19-Jan-07 10:41 AM

#54391, "You were my favorite rager"
In response to Reply #1

I respected the fact that once you realised you whupped my butt out of the wilds you came onto the water. Of course, it was disappointing when you prompted whipped my butt there too. heh. I didn't want to be one of those rangers that sits outside the fortress though. I wanted to fight whereever I had to. Never did figure out how to handle you though.

What's changed with h2h?

Against non-ragers, your spec didn't bother me so much because I could use gust of wind to get out of the entwine. With you I had a staff to recall sometimes, but I wanted to prolong the fights because I enjoyed them a lot. Thanks for not forcing me to spend time re-equiping. One good thing about being a wood-elf is that even with just a staff your hit and dam are not pathetic.

Drakgrak (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 04:15 AM

#54437, "Ya"
In response to Reply #3

If you were in battle you would have known why I came to fight you on the waters. As for the armor I never loot people when they come as ballsy as you were. Htoh/Flails is pretty deadly for rangers and I had other additional counters as well, as you know.

There have been times I fought you with a net, and harpooned twice. All our fights I have been harpooned atleast once. The new code for Htoh reduces optimality of the spec under certain circumstances. So you would have probably nailed me in atleast two close fights that I remember, especially considering I relied heavily on pummel to fight you

As for your comment on doing well against Htoh or Flail guys, I am surprised. It would take a lot of skill for a ranger to nail down such warriors, especially if the warrior wears some certain eq (one for each spec which is easily available) and gets very common preps and coordinates it with his second spec.

Mallias (Guest)Sat 20-Jan-07 07:46 PM

#54480, "Let me qualify that"
In response to Reply #6

By "well" I don't mean that I mowed lots down.

Basically gust of wind enabled me to break off fights to heal when needed. Except for people that spellbaned me

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54374 Previous topic | Next topic