Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xalzan the Ranger of the Seasons" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54243
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 15-Jan-07 07:00 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54243, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Xalzan the Ranger of the Seasons"

Mon Jan 15 17:56:56 2007

At 12 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 5th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Xalzan perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:ranger
Level:49
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:71

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply ::shrug::, Xalzan (Guest), 15-Jan-07 07:10 PM, #1
     Reply RE: ::shrug::, Rayihn, 15-Jan-07 07:40 PM, #2
     Reply RE: ::shrug::, Karel, 16-Jan-07 01:44 PM, #4
          Reply RE: ::shrug::, tehlurker (Guest), 16-Jan-07 04:51 PM, #5
               Reply RE: ::shrug::, Karel, 16-Jan-07 05:16 PM, #6
     Reply Hey there., Ghognai (Guest), 16-Jan-07 01:20 PM, #3
     Reply You were one of the few people I got alone with, Jargurakht (Guest), 17-Jan-07 01:13 AM, #7
          Reply *Roar akin to a raging moose slipping on banana peels*, Xalzan (Guest), 17-Jan-07 02:27 AM, #8

Xalzan (Guest)Mon 15-Jan-07 07:10 PM

#54244, "::shrug::"
In response to Reply #0

Learning the mariner/savage part of the ranger set. Was going to try to get the Nightreaver position, and probably would have if I toiled away enough at it, but I was already down 3 con (1 from age) and dying a bunch, so I thought it best to step out of the running altogether.

Notes on Mariner:

You get to creep on water but lose the ability to creep effectively on land. Everyone gets on the ocean at one point or another and you can pick off a lot of good kills if you have the patience to sit and wait. However, I found myself getting killed a bunch even while on water. Granted, I made some poor PK choices and usually had no preps, but I somehow expected a little bit better of the class. Harpoon becomes fairly useless as a savage because you'd much rather have an onslaught ambush than -5 str/dex. Same lag, much less damage than an onslaught. I could see its usefulness as one of the other ranger sets, though. Netcasting was really awesome, though.

Notes on Savage:

Protection vs. metals is very nice. If you happen to be in Outlander when there are a bunch of druids around, all the better. I think I got up to almost 50 damroll as a savage with no metal gear. Onslaught ambush did some nasty things. Savage blow made the pick really worth the time. Personally, I wouldn't mind playing a savage again, but not as a mariner. It just seemed too uncomplimentary.

I interacted with quite a few people in my short time. I tried to be unpredictable to a point, ruthless, and just plain mean. However, I never full-looted and rarely took more than two or three pieces of gear out of any corpse. If you have flames, comments, or want to know why I did something, post and I'll reply.

P.S. I eat through characters too fast and end up burning out.

Xalzan, Chaisse, Mikatra, Myrnessa, Krystia, etc.

RayihnMon 15-Jan-07 07:40 PM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54245, "RE: ::shrug::"
In response to Reply #1

I dug the pirate thing, though you'd lose it when you were in pk situations and raids and stuff. Yar!

KarelTue 16-Jan-07 01:44 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
#54282, "RE: ::shrug::"
In response to Reply #2

Hey, anyone remember that felar pirate? Was a warrior, and I want to say empire, sword and axes I think. Fun character. Sorry Xal to bring up someone else on your deletion thread.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

tehlurker (Guest)Tue 16-Jan-07 04:51 PM

#54289, "RE: ::shrug::"
In response to Reply #4

http://forums.carrionfields.com/dc/dcboard.php?az=show_mesg&forum=28&topic_id=2417&mesg_id=2417&page=

KarelTue 16-Jan-07 05:16 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
569 posts
#54304, "RE: ::shrug::"
In response to Reply #5

Yep, that was him. Scion, must have been pre-empire-return. Thanks.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." - Jimi Hendrix

Ghognai (Guest)Tue 16-Jan-07 01:20 PM

#54279, "Hey there."
In response to Reply #1

You were pretty cool. I enjoyed fighting you that one time.

Jargurakht (Guest)Wed 17-Jan-07 01:13 AM

#54329, "You were one of the few people I got alone with"
In response to Reply #1

I'm sorry to see you go. I was pretty sure you'd make it to Nightreaver. I relate to the patience bit. Sometimes its fun sometimes its not. Good character over all though, mate. Yar har har!

Xalzan (Guest)Wed 17-Jan-07 02:27 AM

#54334, "*Roar akin to a raging moose slipping on banana peels*"
In response to Reply #7

Ha! I never had any clue as to what your different sounds meant. I'm sure each one had their particular use but I didn't pay attention enough to catch what meant what.

I enjoyed ranking with you. Good character, though playing a mute is hard. I was kinda disappointed when you started to speak.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54243 Previous topic | Next topic