Subject: "Orzetrion is gone." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54201
Show all folders

Orzetrion (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 10:05 PM

#54201, "Orzetrion is gone."

Might appear to be a rage delete - it really wasn't. I was going to delete for awhile.

Sorry about that Daevryn, another half-hearted attempt at your follower. No one in-game has any idea where your mansion is, or if they do they were either hiding under a rock where I couldn't find them or playing a character I couldn't ask within RP restrictions. I really suck at empowerment-ish chars - I only finished refining Orz's personality after level 40 or so. I have serious issues trying for immteraction before level 10. No, seriously. I myself have no idea what my character is like at that point. Only after joining a cabal, thinking about him, interacting with other people does the personality get refined.

Orzetrion was supposed to be a brash young ambitious kid, who loved to strut and was going for the glory. Trying to do good things, and if it benefited him on the way, all the better. He would lapse into formal and distant speech patterns when he was fighting or preparing for the fighting, and otherwise was pretty irreverent and joking. If I didn't convey it very well, I apologize.

Assassins are boring as all hell. I hate the practicing kicks system - there's so much drudgery involved if you want to fight at the full potential of the class. If you don't get your kicks up, you will simply lose the assassin's best lagging skills and some of its strongest damage abilities.

Furthermore, there is a lot of incentive to level sit at 35 or 40, before hero range, and practice assassinate on everyone in sight. Fortress assassins can't really do this - our assassinate targets are seriously limited by RP restrictions. There is simply NO WAY a fortie assassin is going to get half as many assassinates as an evil assassin of equivalent skill. RP restrictions really screw with goodie PK ratios in general, I noticed.

I realize that assassins have a lot of potential that I never got to with the class. Kotegaeshi and Kansetsuwaza worked extraordinarily well against my warriors, but when I used them for some reason they missed all the time. Damned RNG. =(

Maybe it looked like I sucked at PK. But I really didn't, it was mostly a combination of bad luck and lag on my part. My labtop had a strange tendency to get cutoff from its hard drive, resulting in an IDE#0 error and crashing the game multiple times in a row. I tried my best to overcome this, but I still died repeatedly because I tried to retrieve or fight with a bad connection. Eating full loots were especially bitter with that. Other times it was just RNG hate. Even so, I managed to maintain a positive PK ratio until I hit hero... I think. =(

Fortress - I love the cabal in general, but there were some times I wished some of you were more on my wavelength. It makes me very sad when I die to something that could have been avoided really easily had there been a little more communication or a little more support, though I will admit that its usually partially my fault. I tried not to let my incoherent rage and frustration show IC though =)

Empire - Good fights for the most part. I usually got my things back from you, and tried to return the favor. Khrob, no, I never was able to hold onto those damned gloves for more than a day either. Vezrith, you were the most skilled. I think you should have been warmaster (no disrespect for Hunsobo here. I just think Vezrith's legacy/spec choices were so much sexier, and I saw Vezrith on a lot more)

Scion - Tough as always. You guys never really scared me, but you COULD beat the #### out of me. I mostly died to you guys from my own idiocy, in situations that could have been avoided. Blech. =(

Lowbie Looter: I don't mind interacting with lowbies, usually, but you taking a crapload of my stuff and then telling me I'll get a fraction of it back only if I do what you say and help gear you better infuriated me. No, you ass, I'm still too filled with incoherent rage to interact with you meaningfully and I'm never going to do anything to help your character. I hope you burn in hell (OOCly).

Individual goodbyes would take too long. Reply, I get lonely if people don't comment on my character. I don't mind criticism if it helps me play a better character ^^

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Lowbie Looter (Guest), 13-Jan-07 07:25 PM, #9
Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Garrakor (Guest), 13-Jan-07 04:03 PM, #8
Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Miko (Guest), 13-Jan-07 10:49 AM, #6
Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Thnadri (Guest), 12-Jan-07 11:09 PM, #2
Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Daevryn, 12-Jan-07 11:02 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Isildur, 13-Jan-07 01:58 AM, #3
     Reply RE: Orzetrion is gone., Daevryn, 13-Jan-07 11:54 AM, #7
     Reply Re: Mansion, dalneko, 13-Jan-07 02:32 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Re: Mansion, Suiphthor (Guest), 13-Jan-07 06:07 AM, #5

Lowbie Looter (Guest)Sat 13-Jan-07 07:25 PM

#54213, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #0

Heh, you would have gotten all of those things back. But, when you tell someone to burn in hell like you did and that you hope that they die, you cannot expect them to do anything to help you out in the least. I needed nothing from that mob gear wise. You chose to blow up while I was trying to give you some damn good gear back, your loss.

Garrakor (Guest)Sat 13-Jan-07 04:03 PM

#54212, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #0

Now how am I supposed to know when I'm being stalked? Kidding of course, always good times and good fun.

Miko (Guest)Sat 13-Jan-07 10:49 AM

#54210, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #0

Farewell my friend. We both got inducted at the same time. I'm sorry to see you go. Together we were fairly potent against most foes. And we certainly came at things at a very different angle. I wish you good luck on your next character!

Thnadri (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 11:09 PM

#54203, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #0

I was talking to you today. You could have just asked? It's always said to see a goodie go. I always think there's never enough. Maybe if I could actually play goodness well, I'd try it. So, roll up another one and try again.

DaevrynFri 12-Jan-07 11:02 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54202, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #0

>Sorry about that Daevryn, another half-hearted attempt at your
>follower.

Yeah, you caught my attention in the teens and then it was like you fell off the face of the earth.

>No one in-game has any idea where your mansion is,
>or if they do they were either hiding under a rock where I
>couldn't find them or playing a character I couldn't ask
>within RP restrictions.

For what it's worth, I entertained three or four visitors there last night, none of which were evil. There's a hint in the helpfile.

IsildurSat 13-Jan-07 01:58 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
5969 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54205, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #1

Hint is new, yes?

Putting myself in your position, I think I'd prefer the system where characters have to pray to you from some place of their own choosing, then have to ask you about the shrine IC. You get to see what sort of weird places people pray to you from, and it gives you a nice little mini-exploration-task to assign to new followers.

DaevrynSat 13-Jan-07 11:54 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#54211, "RE: Orzetrion is gone."
In response to Reply #3

I don't mind that either, honestly. I've dealt with would-be followers that way.

dalnekoSat 13-Jan-07 02:32 AM
Member since 28th Feb 2006
268 posts
#54206, "Re: Mansion"
In response to Reply #1

Is it really that hard to find? Because I know I found it pretty easily. But then again, I wasn't really looking for it. Just a place to hide out for a while and I saw this exit direction I didn't notice before. *BAM* There I am kicking it in the mansion healing for a bit. To be honest, that place is pretty damn easy to find. I like the guy at the entrance too.

Suiphthor (Guest)Sat 13-Jan-07 06:07 AM

#54207, "RE: Re: Mansion"
In response to Reply #4

You never asked me, or in cb once that I heard. I'd have shown you.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54201 Previous topic | Next topic