Subject: "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered Vis..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54053
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 09-Jan-07 03:08 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54053, "(AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered Visage"

Tue Jan 9 14:06:59 2007

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of the Dragon
on the Theran calendar Yuvralin perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:419

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..., Yuvralin (Guest), 10-Jan-07 01:00 PM, #1
     Reply Not to detract from your overall toughness..., Tac, 10-Jan-07 01:17 PM, #2
     Reply I agree with this 100%. nt, Vladamir, 11-Jan-07 08:04 AM, #5
     Reply RE: Not to detract from your overall toughness..., Yuvralin (Guest), 12-Jan-07 06:11 AM, #13
          Reply When you come TO a group of 3+, Tac, 12-Jan-07 09:27 AM, #15
               Reply I'll add to this..., Vladamir, 12-Jan-07 10:42 AM, #17
               Reply RE: When you come TO a group of 3+, Yuvralin (Guest), 13-Jan-07 08:05 AM, #18
     Reply RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..., Isildur, 10-Jan-07 02:12 PM, #3
     Reply Stop planting hints of who is playing who in battle :P ..., tehbigc (Guest), 11-Jan-07 07:57 AM, #4
          Reply RE: Stop planting hints of who is playing who in battle..., Isildur, 11-Jan-07 12:46 PM, #8
               Reply Just a drunken moment nt, Tehbigc (Guest), 12-Jan-07 07:12 AM, #14
     Reply Thanks for the induct, Drakgrak (Guest), 11-Jan-07 08:10 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Thanks for the induct, Yuvralin (Guest), 12-Jan-07 05:44 AM, #12
     Reply Great Character!, Kastellyn, 11-Jan-07 12:07 PM, #7
     Reply RE: Great Character!, Yuvralin (Guest), 12-Jan-07 05:41 AM, #11
     Reply RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..., Rektath (Guest), 11-Jan-07 05:33 PM, #9
     Reply RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..., Yuvralin (Guest), 12-Jan-07 05:25 AM, #10
     Reply mean little bastard, Lightmaged (Guest), 12-Jan-07 10:30 AM, #16
     Reply RE: mean little bastard, Yuvralin (Guest), 15-Jan-07 04:37 PM, #21
     Reply Tough Bugger, Draktel, 15-Jan-07 03:48 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Tough Bugger, Yuvralin (Guest), 15-Jan-07 04:31 PM, #20

Yuvralin (Guest)Wed 10-Jan-07 01:00 PM

#54098, "RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..."
In response to Reply #0

I'd like to start by saying thank you to everyone I interacted with, players and Immortals alike. I had a lot of fun with this character, my second Commander. I really wanted to take this character all the way and age/con die(since I have a habbit of letting my characters auto since I can never gather the balls to delete/play the char out), but I just wasnt dying enough to con-die, and with leadership I was aging slower than I should have been, and it just started feeling more like a chore to play to the end.

I really wanted to RP with Kastellyn more, seeing as how I was tattooed by him and had been following him for a while, but our times never seemed to meet up(I know and appreciate the fact that he's a pretty busy guy). Not that I have anyplace to complain with my leader position, etc., but I was stuck with nothing but an empty tattoo and leader weapon at 420 hours while I saw Rektath run around with three legacies, a new set of skills, and a poisoning leader weapon, then Azilaph with his 4 legacies..ugh. Left me slightly jaded and slightly less interested in continuing what I thought was unnoticed. Maybe my RP wasnt seen, maybe it wasnt up to par, maybe there was something in the works for me, I guess I'll never know. But I do appreciate what was given to me and what interaction I recieved. Overall, a very fun character. I'll be seeing you all around, for sure.

420 hours-- That's lots of people to shout-out to, so if you would post, I'll be sure to reply. Thanks.

TacWed 10-Jan-07 01:17 PM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54099, "Not to detract from your overall toughness..."
In response to Reply #1

but you always seemed like a whiny bitch to Nefla when she killed you, and like an arogant prick when you killed her... Even the Alizaph silent treatment is preferable to gloating over wins and claiming any loss was due to unfairness on the winners part.

VladamirThu 11-Jan-07 08:04 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#54124, "I agree with this 100%. nt"
In response to Reply #2

nt

Yuvralin (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 06:11 AM

#54162, "RE: Not to detract from your overall toughness..."
In response to Reply #2

I guess I just have a weak spot for killing foes and returning every piece of gear just to die to a group of 3+ and get looted up for all my gear down to the svirf only stuff. This may not have been your doing, but I cant help but feel a bit...used. Overall, Nefla was pretty solid and I never really had an issue besides that one instance. Good luck with whatever you're rolling around with currently.

As for Vlad, eh.. I feel like I would be lowering myself to even bother on commenting further.

TacFri 12-Jan-07 09:27 AM
Member since 15th Nov 2005
2050 posts
#54167, "When you come TO a group of 3+"
In response to Reply #13

And only one survives to kill you... Do you really expect them to leave your stuff? It was an impressive feat to man-handle the four of us like you did, but the bitching started before I had a chance to sort gear, and led to the loot-down-to-svirf-only reaction.

Again, you were scary as ####, at least the equal of Azilaph in that regard... When you are having so much success, your falls are going to be harder than someone who is leaving corpses left and right... people are going to want to out of action or at least less scary for a while. Mostly I just wanted to finish ranking before you came back and slaughtered all of my groupmates again.

VladamirFri 12-Jan-07 10:42 AM
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#54170, "I'll add to this..."
In response to Reply #15

There's a difference between dying as a criminal and as a non criminal. The first time we fought and Yuvralin died, he was a criminal. By then he was already considered "hardened" and not entitled to get his stuff back. Thats the risk you run as a habitual criminal and it's just part of the deal. The fact that he whined incessantly about losing his things as a criminal really bugged the #### out of me. If he died as a non-criminal I usually left every single thing, but the times when he died as a criminal and got looted I just sat back and braced for a headache afterwards.

He didn't seem to have any problem sacrificing my magic gear though, and didn't seem to understand that my doing what I had to do was no different than him doing what he had to do. It was a shame because we had some great fights, but the bitchfest afterwards made it hardly worth the effort.

Yuvralin (Guest)Sat 13-Jan-07 08:05 AM

#54209, "RE: When you come TO a group of 3+"
In response to Reply #15

Mmm.. If someone came at a group of 4 and managed to kill three of four and stuck it out when he could have just ran around doing get all corpse and flee, I'm pretty sure I would leave all of his things. But that's just how I personally would handle it, I hate looting others and honestly, I dont think asking for my stuff back after leaving all your guyses gear is considered "bitching" or "whining". The most I ever did is ask for my stuff, and if it was not returned I would just tell you to expect the same treatment. If you guys truly think that even closely resembles bitching or whining, clearly you've never had a girlfriend before..ugh.

IsildurWed 10-Jan-07 02:12 PM
5969 posts
#54101, "RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..."
In response to Reply #1

Your leader weapon was still killing people long after you were gone. Har.

tehbigc (Guest)Thu 11-Jan-07 07:57 AM

#54123, "Stop planting hints of who is playing who in battle :P ..."
In response to Reply #3

nt

IsildurThu 11-Jan-07 12:46 PM
5969 posts
#54138, "RE: Stop planting hints of who is playing who in battle..."
In response to Reply #4

Huh?

Tehbigc (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 07:12 AM

#54163, "Just a drunken moment nt"
In response to Reply #8

nt

Drakgrak (Guest)Thu 11-Jan-07 08:10 AM

#54125, "Thanks for the induct"
In response to Reply #1

Those times as an applicant were real hot for me with all those assassins about
I think you did a very good job and played a ballsy villager. Standards to look upto. Kastellyn gave us your mage kills before the rites and I could see everyone mentally resolve to peg their numbers to that Let us see if we get there.
Hope you are back on the fields, and in battle too.

Yuvralin (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 05:44 AM

#54161, "RE: Thanks for the induct"
In response to Reply #6

No problem, you deserved it. And from where you're at now, I can definitely see it was not a mistake. That's pretty cool, I should feel pretty honored.. but now everyone knows my kills but me, bah..haha.

KastellynThu 11-Jan-07 12:07 PM
864 posts
#54135, "Great Character!"
In response to Reply #1

I'd like to start by saying thank you to everyone I interacted with, players and Immortals alike. I had a lot of fun with this character, my second Commander.

I definitely got that vibe. I think it would also be safe to say that you were probably one of the top ten deadliest Villagers in the history of Battle. Smart legacy and spec choices, and very well executed. You killed a LOT of mages; you also died a fair bit, but that never seemed to slow you down. I also thought your RP was very solid - you definitely came across as the Commander of the Village.

I really wanted to take this character all the way and age/con die(since I have a habbit of letting my characters auto since I can never gather the balls to delete/play the char out), but I just wasnt dying enough to con-die, and with leadership I was aging slower than I should have been, and it just started feeling more like a chore to play to the end.

I got that vibe as well. All I can say is that leader con and aging is both a blessing and a curse, depending on how you view it.

I really wanted to RP with Kastellyn more, seeing as how I was tattooed by him and had been following him for a while, but our times never seemed to meet up (I know and appreciate the fact that he's a pretty busy guy).

I am busy, but I do have some free time to MUD. My problem is that I really like all aspects of the MUD that I'm involved with - coding (in a very, very limited capacity), interaction, quest running, role contests, empowerment, playing mortals, area file work, mentoring, posting, coming up with new ideas, etc. Each of those things takes time, and given a limited total time I can dedicate to CF due to RL issues, I sometimes feel like I'm spread pretty thin across those areas. That being said, I could probably stand to reprioritize how I spend that MUD time to increase my mortal interactions.

Not that I have anyplace to complain with my leader position, etc., but I was stuck with nothing but an empty tattoo and leader weapon at 420 hours

Don't forget your additional Battle powers. While not uber, they're very nice to have.

while I saw Rektath run around with three legacies, a new set of skills, and a poisoning leader weapon, then Azilaph with his 4 legacies..ugh. Left me slightly jaded and slightly less interested in continuing what I thought was unnoticed.

They got what they got for vastly different reasons.

Maybe my RP wasnt seen, maybe it wasnt up to par, maybe there was something in the works for me, I guess I'll never know. But I do appreciate what was given to me and what interaction I recieved. Overall, a very fun character. I'll be seeing you all around, for sure.

Nah, your RP was fine. I probably would have thrown something additional at you at some point in time (since I like to reward longevity when I can), but it would have been something relatively minor (since something major would have just made you kick much, much more ass than you were already).

Again, great, great character all the way, and I'm sorry it lost the draw for you. Good luck with your next!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Yuvralin (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 05:41 AM

#54160, "RE: Great Character!"
In response to Reply #7

I really do appreciate everything I got. I guess I just felt ignored, and it kind of made the character stagnate. I'm not pointing any fingers or trying to place any shred of blame on anyone else, I simply explain how/why I had lost interest.

Oh, and I completely understand how involved you are with the many facets of CF and I believe I can speak on the behalf of all players when I say that we're grateful for all your contributions. Thanks again for everything. Thanks again, I'll be seeing you.

Rektath (Guest)Thu 11-Jan-07 05:33 PM

#54143, "RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..."
In response to Reply #1

I think you would've been better had you been more active. I don't know if it is that our times didn't match up, but I never saw you on. Rektath was a lot of fun when there was a commander in the Village (ie Lerimos). Without one, it was up to me to take command, and to be truthful, I hesitated alot. After all, I was basically in charge of internal affairs of the Village (Drillmaster), not external and foreign affairs. At least, that's how Rektath saw it.

That being said, it didn't seem like you followed through on a lot. Certainly you were a better pker than me; however, it got to a point when I was discussing with one of the imms to speak to you about tactics and strategies and whatnot. I think if I continued playing I would've eventually tried to coup you because I was getting frustrated and disgusted by your lack of energy.

Rektath got his set fracture skill because of his performance in the first rites. He got his title and poisoned weapon from being a drillmaster and because I would always have at least 10 envenomed dagger in my sack. In fact, that was my favorite weapon. The extra legacy came from completing an imm run quest for the next age. In fact, Azilaph got his two legacies from imm run quests. That in itself should tell you something.

All in all a good villager, a not so good commander. I personally think you should've stepped down earlier since you were not active. To each their own.

Yuvralin (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 05:25 AM

#54159, "RE: (AUTO) [BATTLE] Yuvralin DiamondCleft the Shattered..."
In response to Reply #9

For the entire time you were Drillmaster, I was an active presence in the Village. Ironically, I would always get CB's "Oh, you just missed Rektath." every time I would log on-- I assume that means you had been looking for me. The only times I ever found you around are times I wouldnt normally be playing. I guess you could chalk it up to our times just not meeting up. I admittedly dropped the Commander ball towards the end, hence why I sent in my resignation.

Anyway, I enjoyed Rektath's char a lot and I by no means question why you got what you did. I'm sure it was all well deserved, hell from what I saw of Rektath I would have tossed you some loving if I was an IMM. Ahh well, I'm sorry you dont like my "lack of energy" but..eh, that's why I dont play dwarves and I just play bitter svirfs instead.

Lightmaged (Guest)Fri 12-Jan-07 10:30 AM

#54169, "mean little bastard"
In response to Reply #1

Fought you alot with various chars. Crulvane, Malic, Deeag..

I remember some of those mongoose retrievals agaisnt you and another whip spec. Two of you at the giant was not a pretty fight, a few times you almost had me. Entwined with two berserkers was nasty. Not sure if we ever mixed it up with the displacer beast.

I look forward to the next incarnation, and hopefully I will find some time on weekends to play.

Yuvralin (Guest)Mon 15-Jan-07 04:37 PM

#54241, "RE: mean little bastard"
In response to Reply #16

It would figure that you play all the toughest shifters.. What I remember most is fighting that damned mongoose. I hated that thing. Never did get to fight the displacer beast, but I was very much hoping to--even if it meant me just getting pounded. Ahh well, hope you get your weekends back. Take it easy.

DraktelMon 15-Jan-07 03:48 PM
Member since 01st Jan 2007
3 posts
#54239, "Tough Bugger"
In response to Reply #1

You were always a tough battle for me. In my opinion shaman need battles to last awhile to work right for them. Not always, but a lot of the time. You just had too great of an output damage on me and whooped my tail. Great job with everything, my one negative comment is one that I hold for a lot of leaders. Its that you let this guy auto instead of deleting him. Its unfair to the playerbase at large when leaders decide to give up on the character and hence stop playing as much. Just a thought, but otherwise, great job all around.

Draktel

Yuvralin (Guest)Mon 15-Jan-07 04:31 PM

#54240, "RE: Tough Bugger"
In response to Reply #19

I liked Draktel a lot. He had a lot of my respect, being the only Imperial to fight solo. I agree about the auto-deletion thing, but I did send in a resignation once I saw my playing times drop off. I was hoping to get back into the character after someone snatched my Commander badge, but it didnt end up happening that way and he just ended up autoing..ahh well. Good luck with immortalhood, hope to see you climbing those ranks in the near future.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #54053 Previous topic | Next topic