Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double-Cha..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53854
Show all folders

Death_AngelWed 03-Jan-07 02:08 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53854, "(AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double-Changed Changeling, Resilient Beast of Bourbon"

Wed Jan 3 01:04:55 2007

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of the Great Gods, 19th of the Month of Futility
on the Theran calendar Tiatan perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:shapeshifter
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:506

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..., DaeDroug, 18-Jan-07 11:52 PM, #42
Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..., Tiatan, 20-Jan-07 11:20 AM, #43
     Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..., DaeDroug, 23-Jan-07 02:21 PM, #44
Reply Sad to see you go bro..., Geranim (Guest), 04-Jan-07 06:56 PM, #36
Reply RE: Sad to see you go bro..., Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 10:47 PM, #37
Reply You were a great herald. nt, Someone (Guest), 03-Jan-07 02:09 PM, #18
Reply I'll write my goodbye soon., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 02:11 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Xoclibert (Guest), 03-Jan-07 03:00 AM, #2
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:21 PM, #12
     Reply NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Zaphoedine (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:11 AM, #3
     Reply RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:23 PM, #13
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Balim (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:53 AM, #4
     Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:26 PM, #14
          Reply RE: I'll write my goodbye soon., Meora (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:58 PM, #26
     Reply Damn, you're the anti-lightmage., Yhorian (Guest), 03-Jan-07 05:39 AM, #5
     Reply Heh. It's not like he could even use the albatross., ForsoothAnon (Guest), 03-Jan-07 11:03 AM, #7
     Reply RE: Heh. It's not like he could even use the albatross., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:13 PM, #10
     Reply RE: Damn, you're the anti-lightmage., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:19 PM, #11
     Reply Well done., Lightmaged (Guest), 03-Jan-07 10:05 AM, #6
     Reply RE: Well done., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:30 PM, #15
     Reply Nice Character, Kastellyn, 03-Jan-07 11:19 AM, #8
     Reply RE: Nice Character, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:33 PM, #16
     Reply The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 12:05 PM, #9
          Reply No mention of Tribunals at all! Doh!, Taqutin (Guest), 03-Jan-07 01:30 PM, #17
          Reply RE: No mention of Tribunals at all! Doh!, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:34 PM, #22
          Reply Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t, Veressis (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:13 PM, #19
          Reply RE: Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:37 PM, #23
               Reply RE: Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t, V (Guest), 03-Jan-07 06:48 PM, #28
          Reply Thanks for the talks., Soelanzin (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:16 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Thanks for the talks., Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:39 PM, #24
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Dravon Windgust (Guest), 03-Jan-07 04:18 PM, #21
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 03-Jan-07 04:43 PM, #25
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Balim (Guest), 03-Jan-07 05:10 PM, #27
          Reply Very Well Done, Tsyda (Guest), 03-Jan-07 08:02 PM, #29
          Reply Tiatans Funeral Echoes: In case you missed them., Tsyda (Guest), 03-Jan-07 08:22 PM, #30
          Reply RE: Very Well Done, Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 12:57 AM, #33
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Farigno, 03-Jan-07 08:52 PM, #31
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 01:04 AM, #34
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Iunna, 03-Jan-07 11:32 PM, #32
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 04-Jan-07 01:06 AM, #35
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Delthyneo (Guest), 05-Jan-07 01:53 AM, #38
          Reply RE: The Legacy is Over, Tiatan, 05-Jan-07 11:34 AM, #39
          Reply Nice work, DurNominator, 05-Jan-07 12:43 PM, #40
               Reply RE: Nice work, Tiatan, 05-Jan-07 02:33 PM, #41

DaeDrougThu 18-Jan-07 11:52 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2006
46 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#54382, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..."
In response to Reply #0

Awww Damn didn't even get up so Gekar could join up with you :-P

TiatanSat 20-Jan-07 11:20 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#54462, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..."
In response to Reply #42

He retired a good forty or so hours before I screwed up and age died him, so I doubt you ever would have gotten to travel. I did immensely enjoy your views on undeath, though, and was disappointed when you disappeared; I had been hoping to use you in one last "Tiatan's Discussions" (which reminds me, I still have to type out that one on free will). I also really liked Gus. I think he was partial inspiration for my ventriloquate madness. Anyways, after I learned to bartend properly, I would sometimes drink vapiric black tea in your memory. Glad to see that you're back.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

DaeDrougTue 23-Jan-07 02:21 PM
Member since 23rd Oct 2006
46 posts
#54560, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [HERALD] Tiatan Qa Vansedien the Double..."
In response to Reply #43

Damn if I had known that i would have found the time to jump on for it, ah well. Yeah RL stuff from school and finding a job and starting up a bit on Arm just wasn't much time to get on here. I did jump on every once and awhile but never saw any one on those times.

Geranim (Guest)Thu 04-Jan-07 06:56 PM

#53934, "Sad to see you go bro..."
In response to Reply #0

I remember me and you ranking with an orc in akan when we were like rank 16 or so, and both had the deer form then ranking again when I go scorpion and you got the toad... we grew alot together... and it is sad to see you go... hope to see you in the fields bro...

TiatanThu 04-Jan-07 10:47 PM
118 posts
#53935, "RE: Sad to see you go bro..."
In response to Reply #36

Yeah. Wish we could have interacted more. Tiatan liked most Gnomes. They were much more likely to have Philosophical debates. Though now that people know about the more Gnomish legacies, I imagine there will be many who just aren't into that. You seemed pretty cool. Wish we could have interacted more.

Someone (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 02:09 PM

#53883, "You were a great herald. nt"
In response to Reply #0

nt

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 02:11 AM
118 posts
#53855, "I'll write my goodbye soon."
In response to Reply #0
Edited on Wed 03-Jan-07 02:11 AM

Right now I'm going to buy the PBF and get some sleep.

Xoclibert (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 03:00 AM

#53858, "RE: I'll write my goodbye soon."
In response to Reply #1

Wow, I think that's the first age death I've ever seen :p Congrats on not con dying in that time.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:21 PM
118 posts
#53875, "RE: I'll write my goodbye soon."
In response to Reply #2

Well, I didn't really fight enough to Con die, even with all those mob deaths, since I'm so green. Really, though, I spent most of this character's life making contacts and allies and manipulating people, so I really didn't have very many enemies, plus I was a Herald.

Zaphoedine (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 04:11 AM

#53859, "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
In response to Reply #1

I'll miss you and never forget you, my little meat shield. *cries*

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:23 PM
118 posts
#53876, "RE: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
In response to Reply #3

Aw, don't cry my dear. I'll see you in the afterlife. Just remember our promise, and be sure to read my short story to everyone. Also, I wouldn't complain if you talked fondly about me and reminesced.

Balim (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 04:53 AM

#53861, "RE: I'll write my goodbye soon."
In response to Reply #1

Damnit, I was hoping to work out the Camilla thing before you kicked it. GREAT char man, and I can't wait to see your next.

Balim Nah'Karimthorin, the W'raithebound
Meora A'cherati, the DragonBorn

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:26 PM
118 posts
#53877, "RE: I'll write my goodbye soon."
In response to Reply #4

Yeah, still not sure what the next one will be. I have some ideas floating in my head, but I'm still undecided. I had hoped to do a few more things, as well, but I can't say I'm too disappointed, as I got titled, a new form, and got to see the end of the Demon quest (which I'll be submitting a story to the Lyceum on it). Watch over Zaphie for me, but remember your promise to me.

Meora (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 04:58 PM

#53903, "RE: I'll write my goodbye soon."
In response to Reply #14

You just KNOW the W'raithe thing is gonna get worse since the guy hanging on to Camilla's POWER just kicked it. But she must have moved or something because her times are way different than when I first met her when I was playing Meora. I'm not usually able to be playing at two in the morning because generally, I have school the next day.

Glad I was able to RP two characters with you though, (technically three, but Sesshomarin con-died at lv 29)

Just remember... if you wanna stay alive, and live a long time, roll up a bard. (half-elf or half-drow rank up really fast, if you couldn't tell from the way Balim climbed the ranks.)

Yhorian (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 05:39 AM

#53862, "Damn, you're the anti-lightmage."
In response to Reply #1

You get your quest form. Then you age die. *boggle*

That has to be some whacked up timing! The title made me laugh my arse off though, I always wondered what had happened. I like Lyristeon's additional note saying 'It was a prostitute hired by me. I do not have syphilis.'

Yhorian.

ForsoothAnon (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 11:03 AM

#53869, "Heh. It's not like he could even use the albatross."
In response to Reply #5

His bloodstone amulets were the only thing keeping him alive, and according to Tiatan, they did not work in form.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:13 PM
118 posts
#53873, "RE: Heh. It's not like he could even use the albatross."
In response to Reply #7

That's how I died. I shifted to the Albatross, and yes, the amulets were all that was keeping me alive, and no, they did not work in form. It was mildly disappointing, but I can not think of a better way to have died.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:19 PM
118 posts
#53874, "RE: Damn, you're the anti-lightmage."
In response to Reply #5

I adored that title. I was so happy to get it. I liked my new title, too. I'm not sure on Lyristeon's perspective, but as far as Tiatan could tell, he didn't get Tiatan's note stating he no longer wished to be a part of the religion and tattooed him, which really worried Tiatan, though I loved it, because he was worried about his soul. So, he followed Lord Corrlaan to try to get his soul back, which pissed off Lyristeon, which is why the tattoo was removed and the Syphillus given. I wanted to keep the tattoo, myself, but it wasn't in character, and Tiatan was very, very happy to get rid of it and bore the Syphillus proudly. As for Lyristeon not having Syphillus, hopefully Zaphie will read that short story I sent in, as it contradicts it (though it's complete fiction). If she doesn't, I may post it here.

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 10:05 AM

#53867, "Well done."
In response to Reply #1

(Malic) I regret not playing an alignment/cabal that would have allowed more interaction with you. I did count you as a friend in game and could tell you were relatively new to things. Always good roleplay, despite my 'creepy' presence. Once I made Chancellor I did not have alot of free time to be doing much else but wand gathering and fighting. That combo was pretty deadly if you had wanted to PK like mad. I normally dispise Heralds for they seem to attract queers and mudsex losers.

Well done.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:30 PM
118 posts
#53878, "RE: Well done."
In response to Reply #6

Yeah, I liked our interactions. I'm glad you thought of me as a friend and sorry I manipulated you so much, but it was in his role. I did think of you fondly post mortom, though, and wrote a short biography on you. Hopefully it will make it to the Lyceum. And yes, your presence was creepy, but part of who Tiatan was was dealing with creepy people. He performed a role that no Fortresser would ever be able to. I'm glad we did get to interact a little after you made Chancellor. I really appreciated it, but yes, I knew you were very busy and didn't blame you for it. I know the combo was deadly. I kicked some serious behind in some brawls with my forms. It just wasn't in the role to do some serious fighting, though. I'll change that with my next character.

KastellynWed 03-Jan-07 11:19 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53870, "Nice Character"
In response to Reply #1

Loved the role, thought the roleplay was solid as well. Nice job!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:33 PM
118 posts
#53879, "RE: Nice Character"
In response to Reply #8

Thank you. I'm glad you noticed. I was rather surprised that I was noticed by anyone, let alone you, since I never really fought anyone, just kind of had others fight for me. You can count on my roleplaying remaining solid with my next characters, though I don't know if the role will be as detailed. It was long because his life kept changing.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 12:05 PM
118 posts
#53872, "The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #1

And so ends the life of my first character on Carrion Fields. It was a very good life, and looking back, I do not have any regrets, well, except forgetting to update my role one last time, but the biography and poem ought to cover that.

This was my first character, so everything that happened was a first for me. I did have a couple of throw away characters that did not make it to level ten, but seeing as how I didn't do much with them, they hardly count. I have played other MUDs, though. It was mentioned to me that I should mention that I found this site through Top Mud Sites. I was tired of Iron Realms, and the description of the MUD appealed to me. Now that I'm here, I can't say I'm disappointed. I absolutely love the skill system and the diversity of classes. I have never seen anything quite like it. Only thing I can say I dislike is the way characters age, and not so much as the age as you play as much as the discrepancy between races. A human ages like one year every eight hours where as a half elf ages one in three. It makes writing with ages in mind much more difficult. Overall, though, I'm impressed, and I'll definitely keep playing.

Well, there isn't much this character didn't do. Playerkilling is the biggest. My next character will definitely have to be more violent. I may even try a couple cookie cutter characters. I'm not yet sure. He knew a lot of people, too, more than I'll ever remember. A huge part of who he was was interacting with people. It's where he got almost all of his power.

I wonder how many people had any idea who he was before reading his role in the PBF. He got to where he didn't care about hiding his past, sure, but I'm certain a lot of people had no idea about him. He was Chaotic Neutral, and I tried to play him like that for a while. I believe I succeeded, because I would often surprise myself and him, which is what it's all about, in my opinion. The entire reason I created him was to see if I could play a true Chaotic Neutral and see what all I could get away with. He changed a whole lot in his lifetime, so much so that I believe he was almost a true neutral in the end, with tendancies towards good, where they used to be towards evil, but I don't know for sure.

Anyways, I knew a lot of people, so I won't remember them all. If you respond, I will, too, but in the meantime, I'm going to say goodbye to the people that most influenced his life.

Seffar: We had some great interactions. You were definitely a large part of Tiatan's early life, and gave him a lot of his power, then. It was fun searching for that statue and talking about intrigue. I wish we'd been able to interact more, and I hope you're okay. I'm rather worried, having not heard from you at all. Thanks for the information and advice on the porcupine, as well. It helped a lot.

Malic: You are the reason I made it to Hero. You taught me more about shapeshifting, fighting, regearing, and other necessities than anyone else. Your friendship spiced up my life many times, and I had a great deal of trouble keeping it secret back when Tiatan actually cared about that. He didn't view you as a friend until you died. I'm not sure if you actually caught that. I did screw up his manipulations once, with you, big time, and I just knew it would turn you into an enemy, but I somehow managed to get out of it. He did view you as a friend, afterwards, though, and would sometimes speak of you fondly, even in front of the Fortress.

Meora: You got Tiatan through some pretty rough times. You were there for him when he was undergoing his transformation. I loved our debates, too. There isn't much Tiatan wouldn't have done for you. If Lin hadn't been involved, who knows what might have happened, but you were a very good friend. I'm glad your latest character is going so well. You rather forced the RP on me by getting Zaphie involved, but it was pretty fun, so I can't complain. I could tell it was you, though. You have a lot of tells. You should keep that in mind if you want to keep your identity secret. I did my very best to pretend I didn't know your characters. Tiatan actually despised Balim. The only reason he cared about him at all was because Zaphie did. Still, it was great. Thanks.

Zaphoedine: You were a pivital part of Tiatan's life. Because of you, he went from someone who cared nothing about anyone and merely wanted to see what he could get away with to someone with feelings, a conscience. It was a long, hard fight, though, but you were definitely the catalyst. I was really disappointed when you disappeared. I was rather hoping he would marry you, but oh well. Your reappearance certainly caused him a lot of trouble, and it took him a long time to work out his feelings for you. I'm glad he finally did, but I'm disappointed that he died before he could talk to you about them again. Keep your promise; we'll be watching.

Yasmeia: Another of Tiatan's loves, even though we rarely saw each other. I don't know how much impact you had on his life, but you certainly confused him. Zaphie was the catalyst, and you helped reel him in. He wanted to change for you. He wanted to be good. He was still very uncertain of many things, though. Sometimes he believed that you were just another manipulation, a way to have fun, but he really did love you. I'm glad he told you, even if he was still a bit confused, then. I will remember you fondly as my snuzzlemuffin.

Lyristeon: You were great, really, really great. Everything you did was gold, every interaction we had. Your actions were always very entertaining. Thanks for everything. Thank you for the tattoo; I wanted to keep it so badly, but its reception added a whole lot of excitement to his life. I wish he could have trusted you. Obviously, I know that there would have been nothing to fear, but his role dictated that he get it removed. Thank you very much for the title, too. It was hilarious, and I wore it proudly. I hope you enjoyed our interactions. Be sure to catch the story Tiatan wrote about you if Zaphie decides to recite it. It's completely fictatious but hopefully entertaining. He was trying to get back at you, in the end, prove to you that he couldn't be beaten. From the gechos at the end, I guess he won, but I don't guess that matters. I had a lot of fun with you. Thank you. Now that I understand your religion, I may have to role up another follower. Only time will tell.

Iunna: Well, I wasn't sure about joining the Heralds, and I guess you caught that. Tiatan's reasons for joining were mostly out of convenience, and mine were as well. He certainly changed a lot, though, and I'm not sure when he actually became a Herald, but I know for certain that he did. He despised you for a while. The interview left a very bitter taste in his mouth, and he was not afraid to tell people, either. After he became a Herald, though, he had a mixture of fear and dislike, followed by a secret admiration because of your wit and condescending attitude. He loved that about you. He finally did come to admire you after that talk, though, and I'm glad you thought so highly of him. He was never sure with you until then. He both wanted to appease you and wanted to defy you, but after that, he thought very fondly of you. Thank you for everything. I will never be able to tell all you gave me, but I can say it was wonderful, and I'm glad you did. Thank you so very much. You make me want to play another Herald. Also, I have about five more submissions for the Lyceum, at least one of which will take a little time. I have an IC explanation for it, though, so I hope you don't mind.

Rayihn: I so wish we could have interacted more. I wanted to talk to you about love and your religion. I quite enjoyed our interactions, though. I hope you did, as well. I dedicated a couple of poems to them, and you were the reason Tiatan feared for his soul, so you were definitely a huge part of his life. Thank you very much for the wedding, as well. I cannot think of a more fitting person to have performed it.

Corrlaan: We only had one interaction, to my knowledge, but it changed Tiatan's life. I had no idea how he was going to go about "securing his soul", but I liked the method you presented. I was actually expecting all of the "nicer" Gods to ignore him and was prepared to sell his and Tsyda's souls both, to some evil God, or undergo some ritual for it, but telling Tiatan to be someone against his very nature was great, though by this time, I don't really think it was against his nature, but it certainly did conflict. It made it very difficult to interact with the Scions, for one thing, and he felt guilty every time he helped the Empire. I would've liked to talk about his supposed failure there at the end, but these things happen, I suppose. I was happy to see that final gecho about your vouching for my soul. Tiatan would have guessed Iunna, really, after what she told him. Anyways, I hope to roll a follower of yours one day. Thank you.

Farigno: You reinforced a lot of what Corrlaan said; you were also a great source of information and interaction in the Demon quests. I loved your mistrust of me for my dealings with the Scions. It certainly drove him to strive to be more good, and it gave me more reason to keep up with the Corrlaan RP. I'm not sure I would have ever started praying to him if it wasn't for you, and then I wouldn't have gotten Syphillus. Can't have an Epic Love Story without Syphillus... Also, I'm not mad about the death. I cannot think of a better way to have died. With his final accomplishments achieved, everything in his life complete, and his wife by his side, Tiatan turned into a great Albatross, a form bestowed upon him by the Gods, and flew up into heaven. How can that not be a perfect death to a wonderful life? I thought so many times that I was going to die to some Rager in the Inn or some thief would steal an amulet and cause me to die that way. I was living on borrowed time, and I knew it. I'm glad it got to be in such a beautiful way and after such a great accomplishment. Also, do you know if those final echos for Tiatan's funeral will be posted somewhere? They were so pretty, I'd like to show them off, oh, and will there really be a grave in Galadon, or was that just for show?

The Poison Pen: You were the reason Tiatan was able to know so much, and thus help so much, about the Demon quest. I can't believe so few knew about what you were saying. I almost felt like I was the one taking on your role in game. If I had hoped to not be manipulative with Tiatan anymore, you are the reason I failed at that. I told so many Cabals so many things about the quest in order to get as many people involved as I could, but I tried to do it in such a way that they thought I was rooting for them. It felt good to get that final understanding of the Collector and to know that I was right all along. I hope you stick around.

Taelina: I'm glad you were part of the Village. You made it possible for me to keep in contact with the Village with the Demons. You gave me my final contact into Cabals and made Tiatan a true Herald, because of it. What more could a Herald want then to establish communication between warring factions, even if they didn't realize what was going on. I'm sorry I lied to you about who Tiatan really was, but it was in his blood. Besides, he started that story with Aramonk, and there is no way he was going to change it.

Finally, Tsyda: You -became- Tiatan's life, completely and utterly. There is no one that shaped him like you did. I know I've told you that before, but I'm telling it here for everyone to see. Before you, Tiatan was just some powerful, manipulative, almost evil and insane being. I don't think he would have become a true Herald if it wasn't for you. I know he certainly would have never had as many Immteractions with as many Immortals as he did. Many, many things can be attributed to you. I don't know what else to say. I've told you so much already, in and out of game. I hope characters of ours get a chance to interact again. Kick some Village butt for me, and thank you so very, very much.

I suppose a few group goodbyes won't hurt.

Immortals: Thank you for everything you gave me and this game. It would not be a very good game without you.

Fortress: We had some fun times, at first with my manipulating you, but later with my actually caring about you. I don't care what anyone says, there are some quality players here, and I may just check out the Cabal in the future.

Empire: You seemed pretty cool, but I was mostly just manipulating you. You helped me quite a bit, though, Draktel, and I appreciate that. I don't think he ever lied to you. He kept things from you, but he never lied. To the rest, it was fun being completely immune to you over the entire course of this character's life, except for that one fight with Valryn right before I age died.

Scions: Quality players. I enjoyed our back and forth. I was trying to manipulate you, you were trying to manipulate me. It was great. I'll definitely have to try to get in one day.

Nexus: There were some members that I really liked, and I do like the concept. Sometimes the game world really is imbalanced. I disliked a lot of you, though, but you never knew it, from what I could tell. It was fun arguing balance.

Heralds: Well, if you'll look at my PBF, you'll note I didn't Inn Sit, but you made the Inn Sitting fun. I wish there were more of you, though. The Inn needs you.

Village: I have mixed feelings about you. Some of you were really cool, but most I didn't care for. A few of you did have honor, but rushing into the Inn to kill and unshifted shifter you know is likely to be there, since he's a Herald, just isn't a very good thing to do, even if it's in the role. It was really bad after it got to the point where he couldn't shift at all. Fortunately, I thought to send out that missive stating my desire to no longer be a mage. It was a lie, by the way, but it bought me time, and that was its goal. I am very glad that I did not die to you, in the end.

I suppose that's all I can think of, right now. I will respond to whoever says goodbye, though. Don't think that because I didn't mention you that I didn't enjoy interacting with you. I just thought I'd keep this to the most pivital people.

Taqutin (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 01:30 PM

#53881, "No mention of Tribunals at all! Doh!"
In response to Reply #9

We had some great interactions. My evilness versus your helpfulness yet guarded personality. Great stuff! Good luck with next!

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 04:34 PM
118 posts
#53897, "RE: No mention of Tribunals at all! Doh!"
In response to Reply #17

Oh, there were Tribunals I liked, but none were really pivotal in his life. I had a whole lot of friends, a whole lot of people that I liked and knew, but there were just so many, and not everyone changed his life. I liked Taqutin. I remember our first interaction, where you tried to kill me. You thought I was light, but I quickly corrected you. It's funny, I was chaotic neutral and got along well with the Tribunal. I definitely did not want them winning the Demon quest, even if it seemed like otherwise. I was simply trying to milk you for all the information I could, there, like I was with most, since I supported the Nexus above the others in the quest (and it paid off). Like I said, though, there were many Tribunals I liked, especially Taqutin. That pun-ishment especially.

Veressis (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 04:13 PM

#53890, "Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t"
In response to Reply #9

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 04:37 PM
118 posts
#53898, "RE: Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t"
In response to Reply #19

I liked Veressis, a lot. We had a lot of great interactions, and you were one of the few Scions who interacted with me after Malic and Seffar were gone. I enjoyed ranking with you and seeing the changes in your character. I would've liked to talk to you more about Eshval and her religion, but you just didn't seem into it, even after I offered to be your bloodpet. Ah well. You were one of the people I admired, though. I'll be missed, eh? I suppose I'll take that as a compliment. What did you think of Tiatan?

V (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 06:48 PM

#53909, "RE: Ouch, no goodbye? You will be missed n/t"
In response to Reply #23

You will definately be missed as you were fun to speak to when I had the opertunity and you were out of form and you always seemed to want to explore and learn new stuff. I would have enjoyed talking with you about the theories of darkness or similar things concerning eshval but there are just certain things an eshvalite won't (and shouldn't) talk about to anyone. At first I could definately tell Tiatan was on the noob side, but as you progressed and grew I definately noticed a lot of improvement in your fighting and your game knowledge. One time in particular stands out to me though, you were 49ish and I was just entering hero range and wanted to try to power rank through so I didn't get excessively jumped by the current heroes. I asked you to rank on storm giants and you said you had made some promises to the fortress that you wouldn't do that (this is of course a simplification as to what transpired.. but to get to the point I was impressed with the way you would stay with your character and what your character had done in the past).

all in all, excellent job, roll another and come back kicking ass.

V

Soelanzin (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 04:16 PM

#53893, "Thanks for the talks."
In response to Reply #9

I did not think I earned those pitch things, but I enjoyed the talk about the tower of socery and that one ###mancy. It was cool. thanks.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 04:39 PM
118 posts
#53900, "RE: Thanks for the talks."
In response to Reply #20

Tiatan had a reputation for being generous, so don't worry about not earning something he gave you. He did that all the time, and people often approached him for help because of it. He viewed each time as the gaining of a bit more power, though, so he wasn't exactly selfless until Tsyda changed him. I'm glad you liked our talks.

Dravon Windgust (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 04:18 PM

#53894, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #9

I just never could bring myself to completely trust you. It was just one of those things that I felt, but couldn't put my finger on. But on a sidenote I did offer to give you some of my lifeforce. I asked Iunna not to tell Tsyda or you. In the end she rejected the offer. A great all around character and a great first character.

TiatanWed 03-Jan-07 04:43 PM
118 posts
#53901, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #21

Tiatan manipulated everyone but Tsyda, Meora, and Zaphie. For you to not trust him meant you were able to catch on to who he really was, even when he was trying to supress it. He never did succeed in that, you know, fully supressing it. He was rooting for the Nexans in that quest, but he also went behind their backs to try to help other cabals as insurance. The offering of lifeforce is very touching. Tiatan always liked you, and I did too, but he didn't trust you, either. Hopefully, now that he's dead, he'll be able to be remembered for his final accomplishments and his love for Tsyda, though.

Balim (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 05:10 PM

#53905, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #9

*sigh*
Quite unfortunately, I tend to meld RP perspectives of the characters I run, which makes figuring out which character I'm trying to play a lot harder than I want it to be. Technically though, I am working my role quite well. Balim really screwed up in a few aspects of RP and keeping separate lives, but he'll at least see the W'raithe thing through, (and he won't touch Zaphoedine for the specific reason that YOU DON'T WANT HIM TOO) My characters tend to have this thing about going against their word, so they help how they can. I really didn't want to drag you into the Camilla thing though. I know it's purely RP stress, but I knew you didn't need it. All in all, your character was interesting to work with, both as a friend (Meora) and as the, despised ex-womanizing overbearing melodramatic bard (Balim). I seriously hope to the gods of the game, that we can work together again in the future, and I hope I won't be despised. *wink*

Good luck with your next, see ya in the Fields.

Tsyda (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 08:02 PM

#53911, "Very Well Done"
In response to Reply #9

*** "Finally, Tsyda: You -became- Tiatan's life, completely and utterly. There is no one that shaped him like you did. I know I've told you that before, but I'm telling it here for everyone to see. Before you, Tiatan was just some powerful, manipulative, almost evil and insane being. I don't think he would have become a true Herald if it wasn't for you. I know he certainly would have never had as many Immteractions with as many Immortals as he did. Many, many things can be attributed to you. I don't know what else to say. I've told you so much already, in and out of game. I hope characters of ours get a chance to interact again. Kick some Village butt for me, and thank you so very, very much." ***

Tiatan was one of the better characters I have had the pleasure of interacting with since I have been playing CF. The fact that this was your first character here, despite having played a few years on other muds, is a testament to your roleplaying ability.

I have always appreciated nuance in a characters RP and you had that going for you on multiple levels. From the deceptive, to the chaotic, to the loving husband and often all three at the same time. You filled each of those roles with great amounts of complexity which made Tiatan all the more interesting. Far too many people RP -AT- you going too over the top rather than creating an interesting dynamic that you want to add to.

I've always felt that the most poignant characters are those that are closest to being like real people, but whom end up in extraordinary circumstances as adventurers are apt to do. We as players can relate more to such characters far easier which makes them all the more fun to interact with.

I must admit I had -zero- interest in having Tsyda in any kind of romantic relationship but after our first philosophical talk in the Galadon guild and later in the consortium things just clicked into place and I knew this had a great deal of potential. After that I decided to take the plunge and start playing the teen girl enamored with the dashing older gentleman and see where it went. And we all know where that ended up, marriage. With your gaggle of friends for support they added a large amount to the atmosphere and I can't help but think alot of what the Fated Lovers became was because of being in the right place at the right time around the right people. It just worked.

Again, congratulations on a fantastically played character and welcome to Carrion Fields, you are the kind of player that helps to make this place great.

--Demure

Tsyda (Guest)Wed 03-Jan-07 08:22 PM

#53912, "Tiatans Funeral Echoes: In case you missed them."
In response to Reply #29

A funeral procession, led by the grieving widow Tsyda, makes its way from Udgaard through the cities of Thera, finally ending in Galadon.

Tsyda pauses in Market Square and speaks briefly with the mayor through her tears.

After a brief discussion, the Mayor announces that he will allow
Tiatan to be buried in the Galadon Graveyard, in thanks for his aid in defeating the Demon Lords.

And in the streets, the children cried. The poets dreamed and the lovers sighed.

BattleRagers paused in their endless march up and down the Eastern Road, glad that their many trips to the Inn finally paid off. One down, sixty-two thousand to go!

Though strongly bound to this plane by the eternal ties of mortal love, the chaotic, deceptive soul of Tiatan slowly broke free from the physical flesh that had once held it in a lover's embrace.

His soul drifted upwards, slowly at first, but gathering speed, as it transformed into a vertical shaft of blazing light that split the heavens asunder.

The light faded, though not from the eyes of Tsyda, who knew that the Lord of Archons would see them reunited at the end of days.

TiatanThu 04-Jan-07 12:57 AM
118 posts
#53923, "RE: Very Well Done"
In response to Reply #29

Well, that just made my day. I was never sure if any of the nuances would be noticed, but it seems I was wrong. I suppose, to explain how they came about, I should simply say that when I play a character, I become the character. I let myself become immersed. I try not to play any other characters. After awhile, it all just becomes natural. I agree with you on your sentiments. Those are the kinds of characters I like, too, though a little insanity is nice, but getting too fantastical can be a bit much, sometimes. I'll tell you something else. Of all the things I miss, the one that really stands out is my interaction with Tsyda. I can't log on right now and interact with her. It kind of makes me sad.

FarignoWed 03-Jan-07 08:52 PM
Member since 11th Apr 2006
53 posts
#53914, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #9

I enjoyed every interaction. I could tell you were new, and you should take pride in most likely being the only 'first character' to ever get a quest form and age die. As far as the Demon quest goes, I was absolutely impressed from talking to you. At that point in the quest, I was amazed when you basically figured out the whole point of the Demons items and how they were using them. The concluding echoes were written by me, and another member of the staff who is far more poetic. I forgot to cut and paste them, but I'll see what I can do about getting them posted somewhere. Best bet is to look on the History and Current Events board from time to time, though no guarantees. I felt really bad about getting you age killed like that, the conversation went something like this.

Farigno : Tiatan is wearing two - age things, will he age die if he shapeshifts?

Implementor: Nah, he probably shouldn't

So I say that you can shift, and we talk for a bit.

Tiatan shifts.

Tiatan dies of old age.
Implementor: I just tested it out, he will age die if he shifts.

I think to myself "Wow did I just come off as an asshole"

Anyway, very well done, you should be proud of your effort. If you've still got some friends over at Iron Realms, do some recruiting for us if you think they would like it here too. And good luck on the next one.

TiatanThu 04-Jan-07 01:04 AM
118 posts
#53924, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #31

Part of my deductive reasoning had to do with my getting as much information from as many people as I could. I knew I couldn't do much else in the quest, and I thought that, being a Herald, it'd be the perfect thing to do. I like to think I helped the Nexus a little, but I'm not really sure.

The echoes were beautiful and touching. I'm glad I was thought of highly enough to receive them, and yes, I was very happy to get the tattoo, the form, the titles, the interactions, the closure, the cabal membership, and dying in a manner of which I could approve.

As I said earlier, I'm not mad at you for the death. I couldn't think of a better way to die. I miss a few things, and now I feel really pressured to finish my writings, but otherwise, there just wasn't much left to do.

IunnaWed 03-Jan-07 11:32 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
473 posts
#53922, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #9

I knew when we first talked that you weren't ready to be a Herald,
because I sensed the reasons weren't really on the up-and-up. I
didn't really want to induct you even when I did, because I didn't
think you had enough of a grasp on the concept yet. You managed
to grow into a pretty good Herald though, which is rare. Most people
are either good from the get-go, or are terrible all the way through.
I'm glad you stuck it out though, because you proved yourself as a
good character and Herald with all the work you did. You put out a
good effort with your first character here, and I hope that we've
gained you as a return player for life! Thanks for all the
submissions too - they'll find a nice new home in the Lyceum.

Herald or otherwise, good luck on your future endeavors.

TiatanThu 04-Jan-07 01:06 AM
118 posts
#53925, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #32

I still don't know if I properly grasp the concepts of being a Herald. I was always afraid to disappoint you, but also unwilling to admit it. You did make me want to try again, though. I still have more submissions. I'll try not to make them too awful late.

Delthyneo (Guest)Fri 05-Jan-07 01:53 AM

#53938, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #9

You know, I'm getting tired of outliving all of the heralds I start to become friends with. Comes with the territory of wood-elf though and his sense of patience. It was a good time talking with you about what my char was about, you really challenged me to dig deep on my views of justice and the innocent, which has helped me flesh out his role a good bit. Sad to see you go though, especially since I really wanted to ask you about teh crotch-rot thing, but never got the chance to, you had a habit of poofing. (Sidebar, I knew Sesshomarin and Meora were played by the same person, connect the dots kinda thing) Back to Tiatan though, Well done, I was hoping to hero myself and do some traveling with you and regret that I couldnt be at your events, but I work a lot, and half the time i was on I was at work which is why I would go dumb for a few minutes lol. Can't wait to see what the next xhar is though, we'll see how you fall in with Del in the future eh?

TiatanFri 05-Jan-07 11:34 AM
118 posts
#53947, "RE: The Legacy is Over"
In response to Reply #38

Well, I was on quite often, and you not so much, so that's bound to explain some of it. Part of who Tiatan was was challenging views, and the fact that you did so not only makes him happy, but makes him think more highly of you. You can try talking to Tsyda about Tiatan's life. She was there for a lot of it. As for what the future holds, that depends on the present. I don't like to force roleplay, so I can only control so much.

DurNominatorFri 05-Jan-07 12:43 PM
Member since 08th Nov 2004
2018 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53950, "Nice work"
In response to Reply #9

Kudos for sticking to age death. I knew Tiatan as Eltain. Playing the poem improvisation game with you was fun. Maybe I'll do something with it the next time I play a Herald. Good luck with your next!

TiatanFri 05-Jan-07 02:33 PM
118 posts
#53951, "RE: Nice work"
In response to Reply #40

Yeah, like I said, I wish I could have spent more time with him. I never got to make it popular like you wanted. His life was so very busy. If I remember, I'll write up the rules for the Lyceum. I sent them as a missive to the Heralds, but that was largely ignored.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53854 Previous topic | Next topic