Subject: "(AUTO) [SCION] Baerlias Larenyle the Planewalker" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53803
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 01-Jan-07 05:52 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53803, "(AUTO) [SCION] Baerlias Larenyle the Planewalker"

Mon Jan 1 16:49:48 2007

At 6 o'clock AM, Day of the Sun, 13th of the Month of the Old Forces
on the Theran calendar Baerlias perished, never to return.

Race:half-drow
Class:conjurer
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:SCION, the Scions of Eternal Night
Hours:160

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I didn't like this character., Vlad (Guest), 02-Jan-07 10:57 AM, #1
     Reply That must have been a bug..., Lightmaged (Guest), 02-Jan-07 12:23 PM, #2
          Reply This is correct., Daevryn, 02-Jan-07 01:30 PM, #3
               Reply I may very well have., Vladamir, 02-Jan-07 02:53 PM, #4
                    Reply The rest of the story...., Twist, 02-Jan-07 04:49 PM, #5
                         Reply RE: The rest of the story...., Vladamir, 04-Jan-07 10:21 AM, #6

Vlad (Guest)Tue 02-Jan-07 10:57 AM

#53828, "I didn't like this character."
In response to Reply #0

My first interaction with you was being gaunted and killed. Not a huge deal. As I was unghosting though and working out a bug with Twist, you gaunted again. The gaunting of the newly unghosted is pretty lame.

Lightmaged (Guest)Tue 02-Jan-07 12:23 PM

#53830, "That must have been a bug..."
In response to Reply #1

You cant gaunt someone that has recently died. You get an echo about their life energy being too low. I have tried even 15 minutes after someone has unghosted with no results.

DaevrynTue 02-Jan-07 01:30 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53832, "This is correct."
In response to Reply #2

I want to say it's a circa 30 minute safety window after dying, but it doesn't stay with you partially-burned after quitting the way being a ghost does now.

Actually... did you log on as a ghost? I bet the nightgaunt code was never switched over to account for new-style ghosting.

VladamirTue 02-Jan-07 02:53 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#53834, "I may very well have."
In response to Reply #3

I died a ####TON as Depoetsende. Better than half the time I was logging in as a ghost. In this instance though, it was a continuous login. There was no logout from the time he killed me the first time till the second gaunt. I spent most of that time with Twist working out the bug I found. (We did get it worked out too, and yeah it was buggy)

TwistTue 02-Jan-07 04:49 PM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
#53837, "The rest of the story...."
In response to Reply #4

Don't forget that you had been duoed because you were expecting to get gaunted, and I forced you to unduo to work out the bug, and you got gaunted. I was actually going to slay the gaunt but my fingers were too slow.

Also don't forget that I went to Baerlias, explained the situation, and he left everything in your corpse at my request.

VladamirThu 04-Jan-07 10:21 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
1179 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM Click to send message via ICQ
#53928, "RE: The rest of the story...."
In response to Reply #5

Yeah I was expecting him to re-gaunt after I unghosted, since he'd done it before so I was in duo. as for him not looting...Well it's just not a good idea to ignore a request from an insane magic god.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53803 Previous topic | Next topic