Subject: "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gotakanal the Legend of the Battle..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53750
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 29-Dec-06 06:32 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53750, "(DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gotakanal the Legend of the Battlefield, Provincial Magistrate"

Fri Dec 29 17:31:33 2006

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of the Great Gods, 26th of the Month of the Battle
on the Theran calendar Gotakanal perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:313

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Gotavega (Guest)Wed 17-Jan-07 05:22 PM

#54350, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gotakanal the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

So I need to wrap this up: This summer I had 5 days left on vacation and my fiancee had to go away for a few days so what to do? Hadn't played cf seriously since Dulmisa, so I rolled a char. Something to get the vibe of herorange quickly, a neutral human warrior quick easy ranking. So I started ranking some along the way I choose specs and realise I got two options for cabals tribs or heralds, done heralds before never tribs, so I choose tribs. Get to hero range quickly start looking for provost, but Kiamae and my playing times seem to be oposite so I go find trib imm, who tells me to look a bit more for Kiamae but if I had no luck he'd talk to me, sure thing! A few days later imm deletes and I find Kiamae. That's good and bad at the same time. I get inducted promoted through the cities #### up at one time (sorry Jhesar/battlescout, though you got a tattoo from it ). For that ####up I had to wait for my next promotion for a while, long story short, Gota was boring, tribs isn't for me (I will never spend 300hours in a cabal if I'm suppose to sit on my ass in a confined area and get nothing back for it ever again). Anyway I got a nice set found a nemesis or two and then I died and got pretty much full-looted because I ####ed up and stopped in westgate to warn my cabal mate when I had a few hundred hps, I was hoping to find Taqutin that night and give him my sweet set cause I knew I wouldn't have a single chance of playing for a week but instead outlanders got a hold of it all, but it's all good. Now to some good byes.

Tribunal:

Kiamae: You seemed clever enough to usually keep us alive, that's all I ever want from a paladin and you came through on it. To make for icing on the cake you were a skilled rper something I'll never be, the rp part made all those tedious hours sitting in some town guarding it alot more durable.

Linolaques: I can see why you told me what you did when I asked for a promotion, but from my standpoint I'd like it the other way around, sit in town guard the newbies be awarded. Since I got an award I can write some stupid note noone will read. Anyway that conversation was the nail in my interest of this char after that I decided next death=delete. I need to add though I liked most of our interactions before we had the talk, but after we had the talk I tried to avoid all contact with you.

Spenner: When you condied and I realised it had been vlad I had been running around with and enjoyed interacting with the foundation of my world rocked. You were awesome, you had more balls then brains in many situations, but that's your charm isn't it? If you just learn to keep ic and ooc apart you will be 100% gold.

Paskat: Thieves/binderthieves are fragile but freakishly potent, the way around that is prepping, I stumble across logs of you missing blackjack and dieing without having a chance of survivial a bit to often, prep prep prep and make the protected cities safe. Thieves are tres cool when you have them on your side and the most annoying thing in the world when you have to fight them. I remember an incident when I had some wanted scarab thief entwined in the fort and you jacked em and he ended up getting away... But I guess I ####ed up alot of times as well, though I usually tend to forget about that.

Taqutin: If I was half the warrior-/cf-player I got the impression you are I'd be twice as good as I am today. Your playing style made me feel like a newbie and a pansy and I will probably never be able to pull of a giant warrior it just doesn't suit my style of play at all. If I get my act together and decide cf is worth all that time it consumes I will be gunning for your head(and probably die very quickly)! You are one lawabiding beast and I wish you all the luck.

Battle:

Azilaph: We fought I think only once and that was after you'd been smacktalking me for a week or two while you were a lowbie rager. If I remember correctly I hamstrung you and stripped you then you ran and commenced the smacktalk.

Yuvralin: A fricking beast, killed me so quickly I can't belive I didn't try anything better to do when you had me entwined, but atleast I learned. I killed you once or twice. But what I remember is the epic chase where you showed some major skillzors avoiding me and taking alot of cool routes and I failed to hamstring you every time. Good luck and all that.

There was alot of other villagers I probably fought and such but I can't remember any names right now.

Outlanders:

Nreisshe: You found me and caught me while I was gathering gold and an old POS-mud trigger triggered on your bearcharges(so despite my lucky flee I was fooked). You made me avoid any long excursions into the wilderness while you were on.

Krynna: A nemesis, I had little to no chance of killing you in the wilds and you had little to no chance of killing me in the cities and after we both realised that, we seldom did fight, you got me when I had altin with me, I got you had some fire giant warrior outlander with you and when I had Draktel to curse , so I won!

Jhesar: What to say... Sorry man, that must've sucked and it pretty much ruined alot for me as well.

Nefla: For a while our playingtimes meshed and we had some pretty interesting fights then either I started going to bed earlier or you started playing later cause we just about never crossed paths again, I wanted to fight the cheetah!

Orau: I allways found alot of preps in your corpses did you use some as well? If so it just must have been a bad match up spec/legacy wise.

I probably missed a few/alot of outlanders but such is life.

Scion:

Malic: Lightmage you bugger when I was stationed in Seantryn I was so afraid of that beast of yours, the continent was to small to get a head start with teleport, My hope was to reach the sea... once though I got some imm exp from killing some bard who were with you when you made me kiamae and another trib look like boyscouts in galadon. Let's just say you had my number every time, though you never got the kill.

Fortress:

Phryxal: You ticked me of when you tried to tell me what to do or not to do when I was waiting in the Fort for some criminal and I probably would have killed you for that alone, but to top the I shall recite tribunal rules for tribunal part up you had the ring and wide copper I thought would look good on me, so you had to go. 50% greed, 50% showing you who's in charge.

The rest of you players and the poor immortals who had to see my no_role ass sitting in Galadon half asleep infront of the keyboard. If you decide to say anything about this char I'll gladly reply if not, that's life.

/v_vega

DraktelWed 17-Jan-07 09:59 PM
Member since 01st Jan 2007
3 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#54367, "Some good times..."
In response to Reply #4

I liked Gotakanal. I thought you were a very skilled warrior and I didn't mind hunting down a few people with you. Anyway, I hope you find more time for CF in the near future.

Draktel

DaevrynFri 05-Jan-07 12:09 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#53949, "FYI..."
In response to Reply #0

I took Gotakanal to be a serial Tribunal player, which probably is as good of a compliment as I can offer since I'm now thinking you haven't played this cabal nearly as much as I'd assumed?

Solid and competent. Nice job.

Ducktrainer (Guest)Tue 02-Jan-07 12:51 AM

#53818, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gotakanal the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #0

Excellent character, absolutely one of the best
I've played with. Saw you reaching Provost and all such, I
wanted to make you a provincial long before Kia croaked it.
Anyway, sorry for all the rants you were forced to endure,
and a big smiley face stamp for such a great char =)

Ducktrainer.

gotavega (Guest)Fri 05-Jan-07 11:40 AM

#53948, "RE: (DELETED) [TRIBUNAL] Gotakanal the Legend of the Ba..."
In response to Reply #1

I will be writing a goodbye note as soon as the bloke who's suppose to return my computer from the lan we had last weekend get's his ass back to Gothenburg. Anyway I liked Kiamae alot and more to come.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53750 Previous topic | Next topic