Subject: "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Elemental..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53192
Show all folders

Death_AngelTue 12-Dec-06 02:48 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53192, "(CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Elemental Master, Destroyer of the Wicked, Marshall of the Fortress"

Tue Dec 12 01:47:04 2006

At 5 o'clock AM, Day of Freedom, 18th of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Itholin perished, never to return.

Race:elf
Class:invoker
Level:51
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:FORTRESS, the Fortress of Light
Hours:457

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Question, Lightmaged (Guest), 13-Dec-06 10:16 PM, #32
Reply RE: Question, itholin (Guest), 13-Dec-06 11:42 PM, #33
Reply Gosh! I forgot Twist!, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 03:53 PM, #23
Reply RE: Gosh! I forgot Twist!, Twist, 14-Dec-06 12:18 AM, #34
Reply RE: Gosh! I forgot Twist!, Angrelm (Guest), 15-Dec-06 04:35 PM, #37
     Reply RE: Gosh! I forgot Twist!, Itholin (Guest), 15-Dec-06 06:42 PM, #38
Reply Shoulda listened to your wife :P, ethelle, 12-Dec-06 12:56 PM, #18
Reply RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 01:16 PM, #19
     Reply RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P, ethelle, 12-Dec-06 01:28 PM, #20
          Reply RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P, Itholin (Guest), 15-Dec-06 11:39 AM, #36
               Reply RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P, ethelle, 18-Dec-06 01:18 AM, #39
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Eleme..., tolceh (Guest), 12-Dec-06 09:51 AM, #8
Reply Yes., Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:46 AM, #15
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Eleme..., Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 03:30 AM, #2
Reply Hah!, Trurkrrag (Guest), 12-Dec-06 03:59 AM, #3
Reply RE: Hah!, itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:41 AM, #13
Reply Well done. txt, Nezlintryzn (Guest), 12-Dec-06 04:08 AM, #4
Reply RE: Well done. txt, About that... (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:21 AM, #9
Reply RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Eleme..., Veressis (Guest), 12-Dec-06 04:09 AM, #5
Reply *grumbles*, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:23 AM, #10
Reply First hero?, Daelen, 12-Dec-06 04:52 AM, #6
Reply RE: First hero?, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:29 AM, #11
Reply Itholin, Draktel (Guest), 12-Dec-06 08:37 AM, #7
Reply RE: Itholin, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:38 AM, #12
     Reply Yes, and obviously Draktel hated Itholin! Great Job tho..., Draktel (Guest), 12-Dec-06 10:43 PM, #29
Reply La Vache!, Tiatan, 12-Dec-06 11:43 AM, #14
Reply RE: La Vache!, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 11:50 AM, #16
     Reply RE: La Vache!, Tiatan, 12-Dec-06 12:19 PM, #17
     Reply RE: La Vache!, Meora (Guest), 12-Dec-06 02:37 PM, #21
          Reply RE: La Vache!, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 02:58 PM, #22
          Reply RE: La Vache!, Meora (Guest), 12-Dec-06 04:41 PM, #24
               Reply RE: La Vache!, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 09:45 PM, #28
                    Reply RE: La Vache!, Meora (Guest), 13-Dec-06 12:32 PM, #30
                         Reply RE: La Vache!, Itholin (Guest), 13-Dec-06 09:44 PM, #31
          Reply RE: La Vache!, Tiatan, 12-Dec-06 06:14 PM, #25
Reply Bummer, Astinax (Guest), 12-Dec-06 06:30 PM, #26
     Reply RE: Bummer, Itholin (Guest), 12-Dec-06 09:36 PM, #27
Reply bla, nilian (Guest), 12-Dec-06 03:07 AM, #1
     Reply Sorry..., Itholin (Guest), 15-Dec-06 11:27 AM, #35

Lightmaged (Guest)Wed 13-Dec-06 10:16 PM

#53310, "Question"
In response to Reply #0

After reading the PBF and checking out the PK record...

What was the destroyer of the wicked title in reference to?

itholin (Guest)Wed 13-Dec-06 11:42 PM

#53316, "RE: Question"
In response to Reply #32

I was wondering that myself. There is only one log that I have (which I cannot show you because of where it is). That might explain it. Perhaps Corrlaan will explain what he was thinking?

Mind you this was my first hero...and I'm stuborn and decided to go mage for it...without knowing enough before hand.

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 03:53 PM

#53253, "Gosh! I forgot Twist!"
In response to Reply #0

Thank you, oh great Lord Twist, for not exploading me in the inn.
I was not being very tactful that night...
After that I did not really speak with you again.
Something about Itholin fearing you...

You tell Kharia: "You cannot control it can you?"
Muahahaha, I just found that so very funny afterward when I found out it was you. ^_^
I was quite literally thinking of places where you might be so I could kill you. With little success of course.
Too bad I did not log that. There are so many things I wish I could have logged but my client sucks for that now. It used to be great for it and then I updated it...oh well. Now I just copy and paste the memorable battles. (Which are the ones where I did not die instantly)

TwistThu 14-Dec-06 12:18 AM
Member since 23rd Sep 2006
3431 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53318, "RE: Gosh! I forgot Twist!"
In response to Reply #23

I don't really remember that incident, so it obviously wasn't anything too big. It may have been during the "crazytwist" period, in which case anything you said had about a 50/50 chance of setting me off. Or making me giggle.

Angrelm (Guest)Fri 15-Dec-06 04:35 PM

#53424, "RE: Gosh! I forgot Twist!"
In response to Reply #23

CrazyTwist in the inn was definitely an ..um.. interesting moment. I thought he was going to explode you, too. Then Angrelm stepped in and tried to keep you from getting exploded, and almost got exploded himself.

Fun times. Sorry to see you go like this...I've missed out on so much the past few months, and never really got to experience the Fort with you and Zambirro as leaders. Stupid real life getting in the way of games and all that...

Itholin (Guest)Fri 15-Dec-06 06:42 PM

#53428, "RE: Gosh! I forgot Twist!"
In response to Reply #37

Good to see that someone other than me remembers it! he he. I thought it would have been cool to get exploaded by twist though.

Only if he had an awesome spell that he cast to do it instead of slay.
You feel the inn tremble as Twist starts chanting an unknown spell.
Twenty missiles of pure mana arch toward you!
Twist's improved magic missle does UNSPEAKABLE things to you!

And there we have it, Itholin being raped by magic missle.
That should have been how he died! XD Horribly bad.

ethelleTue 12-Dec-06 12:56 PM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53230, "Shoulda listened to your wife :P"
In response to Reply #0

It was great, thanks for all the RP. For a while, I was getting pretty bored with the same humdrum...scions, empire, ragers, oh my. They have the orb? Let's go get it. They're trying to take the orb? Let's try to stop them. I found it pretty dang repetative for a bit. I was getting to the point where I was thinking about deleting...sooo...thanks for enlivening the RP for me.

It was great fun. Thanks for the poems. The wedding vow was nice too

Hope to see you in the fields.

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 01:16 PM

#53232, "RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P"
In response to Reply #18

He he, yes, I should have listened to my life. I thought the RP made Itholin's life "Worth while" so to speak.
Even the destroyers of the wicked should have happiness, eh?
I know what you mean. It is really repettative unless you have someone else to roleplay with that is not trying to kill you...
I really had a lot of fun exploring random places with you.
I cannot remember which of us started that. Most likely you.

"Ka mate, Ka mate, ka ora, ka ora." Pretty...

ethelleTue 12-Dec-06 01:28 PM
32 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53235, "RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P"
In response to Reply #19

It's Maori. Basically, "Death, the death, and life, the life.." Because of the style of the language, it has a great many connotations, dealing with the necessity of both and the cyclical nature of such.

I think it started with the tower of trothon...can't remember who suggested that.

Itholin (Guest)Fri 15-Dec-06 11:39 AM

#53402, "RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P"
In response to Reply #20

I noticed. I googled it and found a translation but obviously it was different than what you said. It does seem pretty though, maybe I will look into it more.

I hope you don't go and kill yourself. The fortress will have no leaders! That would be bad. It is your decision though, if you are not having fun anymore then...yeah.

Thank you for putting up with me when I was really tired. I did some stupid things because of how tired I was. XD You always kept me up so late...then again...I let myself stay up that late. XD

ethelleMon 18-Dec-06 01:18 AM
32 posts
#53494, "RE: Shoulda listened to your wife :P"
In response to Reply #36

Nah...still alive and kicking....dealing with demons, holding interviews with younglings, trying to save as many people as I possibly can...I'm not quite superwoman, but I try, heh..... No plans to delete either...this one's going till the end, whatever end that may be.

tolceh (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 09:51 AM

#53210, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Eleme..."
In response to Reply #0

I am going to miss you, though we didn't get interaction until later in my life. Sorry to see you go! I guess the best rping time i had with you, which isn't much, was when you were telling my about your life.

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:46 AM

#53225, "Yes."
In response to Reply #8

I will miss you too. I do try hard to get some interaction between fortress members. It does help though to make sure you understand how your allies are going to act. Not only for raid situations but also just in the normal everyday interactions.
I believe it sets a higher standard if you roleplay well.
Be a shining example for others or atleast try to be.
There are some who are just bad at it.
Luckily they usually do not make it to hero.

I had fun. Send them to the inferno for me!
See you in the fields.

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 03:30 AM

#53194, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Eleme..."
In response to Reply #0

I have so many goodbyes to give so do not feel too bad if I do not mention you.
I might have forgotten, it is late afterall... Or early depending on how you look at it.

I first of all want to say that I had quite a bit of fun.
I learned a little but supprisingly not as much as I would have liked.
I spent most of my time getting kicked around and not enough time finding out where things were to keep me alive!
This was my first hero character and first to con die. I have had a few close to hero but not many.
Usually mine auto delete becuse I lose interest or because I have too much school work/work for an extended period of time.

Well here start my goodbyes.

Ethelle: You were by far one of the people I liked to roleplay with the most.
It was only fitting that we were wed. You kept this character going until con death.
I'm sorry for getting myself killed. I should have listened to you.
I knew it was coming soon, but I had lived quite a long time so... I really have to thank you.
Too bad that I did not finish that song completely... I atleast hope you liked that revised version of that poem.
I hope that we cross paths again.

Lauraine: I seriously doubt I would have gotten this far without your guidance.
Thank you much. You tought me quite a bit, not very many other people did so...
Too bad I did not take all of your lessons to heart. Thank you.
I had fun while you were a mortal and the fun stopped after that I think.
Oh well, I know that we could not interact as well once you became an imm.

Corrlaan: Thank you for "Blaze", my wedding, and the title I believe... Atleast, I'm pretty sure you gave me the title. I looked back in my logs to see why you might have chosen that title. I really only saw one moment that might make me think it was fitting.

Floating Cat aka Chokaire: Thanks for the induction. Sorry that I forgot that it was you who inducted me... *laughs* It was always fun running around with you. It is too bad that I did not get to speak with you all that often though.

Fortress: I was glad to fight beside you. All of you, well except for Soleric. He was kindof anoying. I'm kidding! You were all somewhat helpful and some of you even saved me from myself. Stupid honor, always getting in the way. If any of you wish to say goodbyes...please do. It will be much easier that way for me. Then I can reply individually instead of having a huge section here. I'm sorry for getting myself killed right after Zambirro just left as well...

Scions: You were tough to beat with a few exceptions. Nice one Edimus for sealing the kill on me. I never would have expected that from you. Well done. Though, whenever I encounter you I keep on thinking about the time that you just kept coming to try to retrieve your scepter.

Empire: The dread bitch and Hunsobo, ouch! Seriously! That hurts. Ok, I'm done. Good fights, I enjoyed fighting you when I was actually prepped. Well with the exception for the anti-paladin...because it wouldnt matter if I was fully prepped... Draktel...Hm, I really did not like you. Mainly because of rot. I cannot even begin to express how anoying that was. I did get you once though! Muahahaha. I had a little help though...

Battle: Hm, these are really hard for me. I cannot remember names all too well. Most of the battle people I fought are now all dead. For the most part you fought well and beat me up pretty good.

Other than that...I'm fairly tired so I'm sure I forgot quite a few people.
I might add more or perhaps I will just reply to your posts.
I will probably spend a few days getting more sleep then roll up the next.
I will leave it to replies now.

~Itholin

Soblem of the Shadow
Eynailia

Trurkrrag (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 03:59 AM

#53195, "Hah!"
In response to Reply #2

One less ice blasting voker to worry about. We had a few decent fights, but I can't say you had the upper hand in any. Good todger smacking! See you in the fields!

itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:41 AM

#53223, "RE: Hah!"
In response to Reply #3

We had a few where I had the upper hand.
None of them were recent though.
Usually you hit me hard enough that I could not get a spell off in order to make you think twice.

Nezlintryzn (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 04:08 AM

#53196, "Well done. txt"
In response to Reply #2

And well done keeping the staff of wonders away from me. When I finally got you. You didn't have it anymore. I was so frustrated! Very well done with the character. I enjoyed Itholin with both Nezlintryzn and Kathellana.

About that... (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:21 AM

#53218, "RE: Well done. txt"
In response to Reply #4

One of your own actually took that from me I believe.
Ether that or I used all the charges. It was at about the same time that I lost all my really good con gear the to same person I believe...

Veressis (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 04:09 AM

#53197, "RE: (CON LOSS) [FORTRESS] Itholin Illustraere the Eleme..."
In response to Reply #2

I always enjoyed fighting you one on one, would always go one way or the other and you could usually tell pretty quick. Well done yada yada

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:23 AM

#53219, "*grumbles*"
In response to Reply #5

Yes, I did enjoy our fights. That did suck though when I got ganked by either three or four of you. I was thinking to myself. How many does it take to kill an elf invoker? I alwasy thought it was funny. "It runs"

DaelenTue 12-Dec-06 04:51 AM
Member since 02nd Nov 2006
51 posts
#53198, "First hero?"
In response to Reply #2
Edited on Tue 12-Dec-06 04:52 AM

First hero eh? Well done! Somewhere down the line my times quit matching up well with yours,
but I had a blast when we were together.

Tell me you are going to drag more characters out into con death.
(If it just stops being fun ignore that and delete.)

Itholin was a cool character, can't wait to see your next hero.

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:29 AM

#53220, "RE: First hero?"
In response to Reply #6

Yes, I really did enjoy playing Itholin. Sorry that I did not mention you in my farewell but I didnt really get to interact with you much.
Oh well, our times did seem to not mesh anymore after a while. My
days off shift randomly...

It is funny since this was my first hero. I really dont like playing warriors all that much and was determined to play a mage to hero first.
Well it took me a long while but I made it. Even with the ragers beating on me.

Draktel (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 08:37 AM

#53209, "Itholin"
In response to Reply #2

Yes, I know rot can be nasty, but I'm surely going to use it especially when I'm outnumbered. It is too bad you didn't like Draktel because honestly, he had respect for you ic, and I do ooc as a player. You always came to fight, granted, you weren't always prepared to fight me, but you gave me some very very close ones, and yes I'm sure you have gotten me with your neuroing friends. The other thing about rot is that you can get past it, even with next to nothing con, you just have to gear for it, or carry the proper things. The great thing about some of the easiest con gear, is that it is very healthy, a big boon to an elf. I'm glad you learned a lot. Until your next!

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:38 AM

#53222, "RE: Itholin"
In response to Reply #7

Yes, I kindof gave up after I lost all my good con gear.
I was at 4 base con and It said I had like 16 (or higher) with magic.
Then I got killed almost instantly and it was all gone.
Obviously, I did not know where to get the items because I got them off a corpse. He he.
That is what I get for always defending...Or atleast almost always defending.
I wouldnt come if I was already seriously injured or maldicted for obvious reasons.

I did have respect for you even with your blasted rot. I do respect you as a player. My character still hates Draktel for some odd reason.

Draktel (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 10:43 PM

#53283, "Yes, and obviously Draktel hated Itholin! Great Job tho..."
In response to Reply #12

nt

TiatanTue 12-Dec-06 11:43 AM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#53224, "La Vache!"
In response to Reply #2

Argh! Another one gone. I swear, I'm going to outlive everyone. Well, this came as a complete surprise to me, but then, it shouldn't have, you being a leader of the Fortress and all. Well, unless Zambirro actually manages to see me, all Tiatan has left to keep him from degrading are Tsyda and Ethelle. Granted, that first one's huge, but still. I really liked this character. I liked our first meeting, I liked all those times when you tried to show me the error of my ways, and I liked our friendship. I hope I didn't annoy you too much. Good luck with your next.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 11:50 AM

#53226, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #14

Yes, those of the inn hopefully do not get killed as much as the leaders of the fortress of light.
I really liked your character. I thought it was fun trying to show you the error in your ways.
He he, I thought it was funny when I was mad at Meora. I wonder if she will post.
We actually interacted more than you thought but you wont know about that. he he. I cannot say much more about that though.

TiatanTue 12-Dec-06 12:19 PM
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#53227, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #16

Heh, there's a lot I want to say as well that I won't because my character's still alive. I think I understand what you're saying, though. I'm glad you like my character. I figure people will either hate him or love him, but he has changed a lot, so perhaps not.

Meora (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 02:37 PM

#53246, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #16

Darn right I'm gonna post. I'm gonna miss your character. Was fun having someone who was mad at her for a while. I think Meora's outlived a good number of people from the last age, which sucks, I had some pretty good frends die. Oh boy... For a while I thought you wanted to kill me, and at which point I was glad I was really good friends with Ethelle. My felar characters tend to despise vokers because of the... you know... FIRE! But I had the hide of the red dragon... I was more afraid of accidentally killing you and end up having Ethelle after me. I wish we could have talked more.

See you in the fields...

P.S. Tiatan, you forgot the help Meora's been giving. Don't make me depress you with more of my poetry!

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 02:58 PM

#53250, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #21

he he, yes. I wish I could have had longer to have fun on this character but that is how the game goes. I'm still supprised how long I lived though. It felt like I died so very many times.

Well I was trying to not go overboard and actually kill you. I might have tried to teach you a lesson though. But I really couldnt hurt you because you were Ethelle's friend. Unless you continued to do evil things like that.

he he, well trust me, I wouldnt have been using fire on you. *chuckles* It is not as fun when they die instantly. Felars have their vulnerability covered most of the time. I would have tested it out, I'm sure though. If I didn't notice the hide that is.

Meora (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 04:41 PM

#53255, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #22

Can you really blame me for trying to actually get my first hero'd char?

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 09:45 PM

#53281, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #24

Yes? he he, no not really. I actually had the same problem with Soblem. I did the EXACT same thing. I was supposed to be a dark-elf who was good and I went off and killed storm giants... Oh well, it was just very hard to find people to rank with who were not evil.

How everyone saw Soblem:
"Aaaah! Dark-elf assassin! Run!" okay, ok...they were more like "Dark-elf Assassin! Kill him!" but still same concept...just running the opposite direction...

Meora (Guest)Wed 13-Dec-06 12:32 PM

#53298, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #28

Sounds like the drow anti-paladin I ran for a while until I got tired of dying so much. I tried having things work a bit differently though. I actually tried to figure out how he'd go about converting, then my most recent, to figure out if he could do it without losing his powers. Thought it'd be interesting to try, but I like not having enemies.

Itholin (Guest)Wed 13-Dec-06 09:44 PM

#53309, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #30

Dying so many times... You should look at my Pk and Mob deaths on the PBF... I died soooo many times! Poor Itholin. Draktel killed me like 18 or so times...alteast I'm pretty sure Draktel was the only shaman I fought...evil rot.

I find it strange that I didnt have any imm comments near the end of my life...which is where I was trying to step up the rp a little bit more. And die a whole bunch...

I like not having enemies too...but that doesnt tend to happen with my characters. I am going for role...not for pk strategy. I have to come up with that on my own...if I even get a chance to use strategy...being bashed to death by villagers comes to mind.

TiatanTue 12-Dec-06 06:14 PM
118 posts
#53263, "RE: La Vache!"
In response to Reply #21

Neither he nor I has or is forgetting the help Meora gave and is giving him, but as she's still alive, I try to keep that in game, on principle, you know? If she wants to know how appreciative he is, she merely has to ask him, otherwise, you can bet you'll get a mention when he finally kicks the bucket.

Astinax (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 06:30 PM

#53265, "Bummer"
In response to Reply #2

Itholin,

Damn, I knew you were low on con just didn't realize that you were this close. Wish I had a chance to be around the last couple of nights, but work/life has reared its ugly head for me recently. Had a blast interacting with you and thought you were a class act. You'll be missed within the fort. Thanks again for all the support and I look forward to seeing your next.

Astinax

Itholin (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 09:36 PM

#53279, "RE: Bummer"
In response to Reply #26

Yes, I didnt think I was on my last death for that one. But oh well, this is how things happened cannot change it now. I liked Astinax, though that can be said for just about any of the fortress members. Since I did not induct the ones I didn't like he he. I hope my next one does not die as quickly...maybe I should try something with HP for once...nah, who am I kidding?

nilian (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 03:07 AM

#53193, "bla"
In response to Reply #0

Two in one day, big loss. Hope you return soon

Itholin (Guest)Fri 15-Dec-06 11:27 AM

#53401, "Sorry..."
In response to Reply #1

I really didn't think Zambirro was going to delete and I also did not think I was going to die that soon... I thought I had one more death than I did. XD
Oh well, that is how the game goes.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53192 Previous topic | Next topic