Subject: "Posting for KatistrofiK a.k.a. Marlehrn" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53145
Show all folders

_Magus_Mon 11-Dec-06 04:59 AM
Member since 05th Dec 2006
430 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53145, "Posting for KatistrofiK a.k.a. Marlehrn"

As gay as it was to delete so soon after Krynna/Dizrug, it had to be done. I told myself I'd delete after my next death and the lucky contestant was...*drumroll* Paskat! Heh, bastard caught me solo raiding the spire. I can't post on officials still for some reason so I'll just post goodbyes here.

It's hard for me to stay interested in a character for more than 100 hours. Well, this one made it to 154 and I'm proud of that. I originally started Marlhern to get a feel for the new ranger class which I hadn't tried since I've been on CF hiatus for a few years. Two words: Ranger's ####ing rock! Err.. anyway. Yeah, neo-rangers are the bee's honey and while my particular combo of terrain/expertise wasn't as offensive as I'd liked, it was still very cool. For those of you who didn't know, I was an explorer/caverndweller. The combo is real nice, but it leaves you wanting more offense. Also, scatter may or may not be bugged (you can scatter while entwined - which is cool, though). Also, I (unknowingly) exploited the hell out of the explorer/caverndweller dive ambush bug which meant I hit onslaught/cripple ambushes regardless of terrain. If you're caught by a caverndweller in a cave, chances are you're toast. Anyway, enough ranger talk.

I had loads of fun with Marlehrn and I thought I did pretty well considering I haven't played for so long (this is only my third char after Shubtar and Kahrnh) and I hope annoying "yes"s didn't annoy people too much.

Haven't done this in a while, so here goes:

Paskat: Man, that could not have been a better situation for you to finally get me. Kudos on that. In some ways, I was hoping it would be you that finally got me (I hadn't died to a PK in a ton of hours) because I got you cheaply a few times. Anyway, keep up the good work.

Taqutin: One of the few people that came to fight me solo in the woods. Great character. It sucked that you could see me, though. I have a feeling I could've sealed the kill the few times we fought if you hadn't been able to see me.

Batamon: I was very cautious of anyone who actually came looking for a fight, solo, at the Tree. You fit that category well.

Draktel: see Taqutin. Except for the "seal the kill" part.

Elidan: Our fights were always one-sided. I always seemed to catch you with your pants down, though I'm sure it would have gone better for you if I hadn't.

Veressis: Rot sucks, that's all. That little pond incident didn't go as I planned. I was hoping you'd come in and try something - but you didn't. I got out later, btw.

----

Krynna: I'll just write what I thought of you in your goodbye thread.

Dizrug: It sucked that you deleted for those reasons. I mean, you had a tatt'd/titled character. Not to mention you kicked ass. You'll be missed, I'm sure.

Chaisse: I'll miss exploring with you. Very good and in-depth character you've got going, I feel. We never did get to kill Tiamat.

Nefla: Meh. I'm not sure if it was the player or the character, but you just rubbed me the wrong way - especially that snide little comment you made. Logging of immediately after you said it also kind of pissed me off a bit. Oh well, you must be doing something right to have a quest form and a title. I'm sure you'll make Nightreaver though.

I'm sure I'm missing people. Reply and I'll answer as best I can.
------

Outlander is loads of fun, except for, uh, the powers. And the fact that immteraction in that cabal is pretty non-existant. I don't know if it's because of dormant immortal or not, but it was a pretty hollow experience imm-wise.

I was a pretty easy interview as many people might have noticed, which is why I changed the induction process to a more battle-like system where you needed a rec. I just hope I wasn't -too- easy.

Anyway, that's it for me. On to the next.

P.S. Oh, and if someone could post this on the battlefields I'd really appreciate it.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: Posting for KatistrofiK a.k.a. Marlehrn, solceh (Guest), 12-Dec-06 05:19 PM, #6
Reply Boy were you hard to hit let alone kill., Taqutin (Guest), 11-Dec-06 01:02 PM, #5
Reply Wish I could have fought you once solo. nt, Nezlintryzn (Guest), 11-Dec-06 12:03 PM, #4
Reply I dug, Drakgrak (Guest), 11-Dec-06 10:44 AM, #3
Reply Oh, good grief!, Chaisse (Guest), 11-Dec-06 10:05 AM, #2
Reply That sucks I really liked you., Calaelen (Guest), 11-Dec-06 09:57 AM, #1

solceh (Guest)Tue 12-Dec-06 05:19 PM

#53257, "RE: Posting for KatistrofiK a.k.a. Marlehrn"
In response to Reply #0

it was fun running around with you guys, even if it was only brief. I don't think I will get into the refuge, which is isn't that big of a problem. Just gives me something to do because I got really bored with the charcater. Thanks for your help and what not... See you on the fields

Taqutin (Guest)Mon 11-Dec-06 01:02 PM

#53175, "Boy were you hard to hit let alone kill."
In response to Reply #0

Fighting you in the woods was frustrating and scary. Couldn't entwine you effectively, and if I did, you just got out of it. Couldn't actually just hit you at all. It was rough stuff. All around a great character and deadly in its own little dirt clod way. I never thought a svirfneblin ranger would be good, but you were basically unkillable in the woods it seemed.

Props for leadership, and Good Luck!

Nezlintryzn (Guest)Mon 11-Dec-06 12:03 PM

#53172, "Wish I could have fought you once solo. nt"
In response to Reply #0

sdf

Drakgrak (Guest)Mon 11-Dec-06 10:44 AM

#53167, "I dug"
In response to Reply #0

You were the only guy who had the balls to offer me straight fights even though you could have taken me down with Xevyiel, considering you knew what kinda warrior I was. You have my mad respect for that. I might have won that fight if I had pulled you away onto the eastern but I am almost glad I never could nail you. Rock on.

Chaisse (Guest)Mon 11-Dec-06 10:05 AM

#53166, "Oh, good grief!"
In response to Reply #0

I had a ton of fun exploring with you. You ranger skill set made that a lot easier. I was happy to see you become the Harbinger, and it felt like, for the first time in a long time, Outlander was on the up. Ah well. I never knew a svirf ranger could be so powerful. Your typical melee damage was pretty high. Anyway, good luck with your next and hurry back to Outlander.

Calaelen (Guest)Mon 11-Dec-06 09:57 AM

#53165, "That sucks I really liked you."
In response to Reply #0

I will miss you for sure, your induct interview was the only one I've ever saved the log of was good stuff. I also tend to burn out fast so I know the feeling. Hope to see you back in some form soon.

Calaelen

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53145 Previous topic | Next topic