Subject: "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Chanya the Mistress of Weapons" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53043
Show all folders

Death_AngelThu 07-Dec-06 07:24 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53043, "(DELETED) [OUTLANDER] Chanya the Mistress of Weapons"

Thu Dec 7 06:23:45 2006

At 8 o'clock PM, Day of Deception, 2nd of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Chanya perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:warrior
Level:40
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:OUTLANDER, the Outlanders of Thar-Eris
Hours:119

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Couldn't get back into it, Chanya (Guest), 07-Dec-06 07:53 AM, #2
Reply A source of great frustration, Seonex (Guest), 07-Dec-06 11:35 AM, #3
Reply RE: A source of great frustration, Marcus_, 07-Dec-06 11:53 AM, #4
     Reply I so called this. n/t, Pro-Man (Guest), 08-Dec-06 02:29 AM, #6
Reply RE: Couldn't get back into it, Ebiwen (Guest), 07-Dec-06 08:24 PM, #5
Reply RE: Couldn't get back into it, Marcus_, 10-Dec-06 09:59 AM, #11
Reply RE: Couldn't get back into it, Gerhaul (Guest), 08-Dec-06 08:35 AM, #7
Reply should read "came for me" nt, Gerhaul (Guest), 08-Dec-06 08:40 AM, #8
Reply RE: Couldn't get back into it, Marcus_, 10-Dec-06 10:02 AM, #12
Reply Why you got pulled aside, Vlad (Guest), 09-Dec-06 12:49 AM, #9
Reply Fair enough.., Marcus_, 10-Dec-06 07:27 PM, #10
     Reply Well now that you've outed my character "accidentally" ..., Vlad (Guest), 10-Dec-06 11:41 AM, #14
          Reply And by the by..., Vlad (Guest), 10-Dec-06 11:46 AM, #15
          Reply Actually:, Daevryn, 10-Dec-06 05:41 PM, #17
          Reply thought you were deleted, sorry. nt, Marcus_, 10-Dec-06 12:26 PM, #16
Reply Odd, Lightmaged (Guest), 10-Dec-06 06:29 PM, #18
Reply I am disappointed, Krynna (Guest), 07-Dec-06 07:34 AM, #1
     Reply RE: I am disappointed, Marcus_, 10-Dec-06 10:04 AM, #13

Chanya (Guest)Thu 07-Dec-06 07:53 AM

#53045, "Couldn't get back into it"
In response to Reply #0

I had so much work some months ago, that I had to stop playing Chanya. I logged on occasionally just to avoid autodeletion. But now that I have time to play again, I want to play something else... I liked the role while I was writing it (stole most of it from a book called Bangkok Tattoo, I can recommend that as a good read). However I couldn't figure out how it would visibly differentiate my character from a mindless killer except for the occasional buddhism-inspired comment.

Goodbyes:

Krynna was probably the only outlander I interacted significantly with.. I liked you in game, but not really on the forums.

Imms: I got the feeling you were out to get me. I was called out and warned twice on overzealous pk'ing: Once for killing a dwarf (i'm an outlander, whatcha expect?), and once when I was attacked and killed the person who attacked me. Since those were the only immteractions I received, and I had actually made an effort not to kill people without a good reason, it bummed me out a little bit . But no hard feelings, I do actually see where you're coming from. My philosophy was pretty simple: Be a bloodthirsty bastard while in the cities, and kill everyone in there. Outside of the cities, I'd be more curious and sniff people to see if they'd strike first.

Enemies: Fualuch and Dregan were my two most frequent enemies. You were both excellent opponents. Fualunch annoyed me initially by being a ridiculous thirst monkey.. Then I figured out you were actually roleplaying a retarded thirst monkey, and you started cracking me up. Dregan: Damn man, try wearing some +str and +dex eq.. Will do wonders. There was a third dwarf rager, gimpledorf, who kept trying to gang me down.. Ironically, also the only one of the three that never got me. I never had any tribunals in my range to fight, and pretty few imperials.

holla @ me

Seonex (Guest)Thu 07-Dec-06 11:35 AM

#53046, "A source of great frustration"
In response to Reply #2

Gah. You took a nice chunk of con off of me. I kept fumbling around with wields, I hated how if you tried to wear a polearm it would remove your dagger but not your shield and you wouldn't be able to wear it the polearm on a single command, it was the source of a lot of fumbling and gave you two free kills on me, I think. All the other times I was just an overconfident dumbass and/or forgot that I had teleport potions on me.

On the other hand, I managed to get you once or twice, but the first time was cause you were fighting others and the second time was cause you were distended hard and maybe lagging badly?

Marcus_Thu 07-Dec-06 11:53 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
681 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#53047, "RE: A source of great frustration"
In response to Reply #3

Heh, I remember you.. You were really fun to fight, and a good sport I don't remember that first time you killed me.. But the second time, I do remember I was playing from work, and I had to try juggling talking to my boss on the phone and running away from you. Didn't work out :p

Pro-Man (Guest)Fri 08-Dec-06 02:29 AM

#53062, "I so called this. n/t"
In response to Reply #4

m

Ebiwen (Guest)Thu 07-Dec-06 08:24 PM

#53057, "RE: Couldn't get back into it"
In response to Reply #2

Your mace had a nasty tendancy to find it's way into my head.

I very nearly killed you a number of times, but utility shifters don't have much in the way of lagging to keep people in combat.

Plenty of quick fights. See you in the fields.

Marcus_Sun 10-Dec-06 09:59 AM
681 posts
#53105, "RE: Couldn't get back into it"
In response to Reply #5

Heh yeah, we sort of had a falling out Thing with shifters, I usually had no idea if it was you or somebody else I was fighitng.. :p

Gerhaul (Guest)Fri 08-Dec-06 08:35 AM

#53064, "RE: Couldn't get back into it"
In response to Reply #2

Wow man, that time you came for in Cyradia's shrine.. when I realized what had happened (happened pretty quick, and I was kinda struggling trying to answer one of her questions), well, I laughed, hard! hehe

We had a nice fight a few days after. I didn't die to a Marcus warrior! But yeah I was close to death..

Good luck with the next.

Gerhaul (Guest)Fri 08-Dec-06 08:40 AM

#53065, "should read "came for me" nt"
In response to Reply #7

nt

Marcus_Sun 10-Dec-06 10:02 AM
681 posts
#53106, "RE: Couldn't get back into it"
In response to Reply #7

Got damn I remember that. I had been out all night drinking, logged on to play some.. Saw you on where, but not Cyradia.. :p After that I was a pissed off drunk until I fell asleep (when imms interfere with pk, it strikes a nerve with me.. moreso when i'm drunk and much moreso when i'm the victim :> ) fun fights. i'm still planning the next, it won't be a low xp outtie warrior =)^

Vlad (Guest)Sat 09-Dec-06 12:49 AM

#53085, "Why you got pulled aside"
In response to Reply #2

>Imms: I got the feeling you were out to get me. I was called
>out and warned twice on overzealous pk'ing: Once for killing a
>dwarf (i'm an outlander, whatcha expect?), and once when I was
>attacked and killed the person who attacked me. Since those
>were the only immteractions I received, and I had actually
>made an effort not to kill people without a good reason, it
>bummed me out a little bit . But no hard feelings, I do
>actually see where you're coming from. My philosophy was
>pretty simple: Be a bloodthirsty bastard while in the cities,
>and kill everyone in there. Outside of the cities, I'd be more
>curious and sniff people to see if they'd strike first.

I can't speak for anyone else, but you didn't seem to be roleplaying one iota to me. You once were coming after a gnome character of mine, and were wanted. I saw you coming from a mile away and led you into a trap where you got killed by Trib guards and the Enforcer. after this you came after me again, and justified it by saying it was for when I got you killed in galadon, which never would have happened to you in the first place if you hadn't already BEEN coming for me. Your spiffy roleplayariffic response? "I had my reasons". That was it. I tried interacting with you with several characters, including outtie types and your character only seemed interested in trying to kill as many people as possible, with as little interaction as possible. You got pulled aside for treating the mud like DOOM.

Marcus_Sun 10-Dec-06 09:57 AM
681 posts
#53104, "Fair enough.."
In response to Reply #9
Edited on Sun 10-Dec-06 07:27 PM

>> I can't speak for anyone else, but you didn't seem to be roleplaying one iota to me....Your spiffy roleplayariffic response? "I had my reasons". That was it. I tried interacting with you with several characters, including outtie types and your character only seemed interested in trying to kill as many people as possible, with as little interaction as possible. You got pulled aside for treating the mud like DOOM.

I'm usually pretty busy doing stuff while I'm playing - usually pking, but also other stuff in the game. I do my roleplaying by doing, not talking. Sure I can talk to people in the game, if there's anything interesting to talk about... For example with Bundeltorf, I did alot of talking to people during the maethien quest... But while I do enjoy philosophical discussions IRL, they don't excite me in CF.

I know I might come across as d00mish, and it's true to some extent. However, I do have thoughts and reasons for the things I do. I just don't communicat them much, and even less when people ask "why did you kill/attack me?" And when they ask like you did (i'm assuming you were *snip*) -
*snip* tells you '#### you idiot'
*snip* tells you 'I bet you had no reason for attacking me, right?'

Well, that puts your odds of receiving a honest answer to zero, and increases the odds that I'll keep attacking you in a setting where I otherwise wouldn't (which in this case happened).

Vlad (Guest)Sun 10-Dec-06 11:41 AM

#53109, "Well now that you've outed my character "accidentally" ..."
In response to Reply #10

I don't know who you're thinking of, but I never said anything along those lines to you. Ever. Say what you will about me, but I'd never say anything so out of character. If I tell someone off, it's entirely in character and always has been. FYI outing my character this way shows what a cock you are outside of the game, not just in it.

Vlad (Guest)Sun 10-Dec-06 11:46 AM

#53110, "And by the by..."
In response to Reply #14

If you read your PBF the imms, who WERE watching your "roleplayed actions" couldn't figure out your reasons either. You weren't "roleplaying by doing" because if you were they wouldn't have said things like this...

Tue Sep 19 21:34:33 2006 by 'Drokalanatym' at level 30 (36 hrs):
Outlander low XP penalty super-murderous mace spec. Jesus, man, get out of the rut! You're like Graatch in a skirt... and it's not even a pretty skirt anymore.

And...

Tue Sep 26 11:46:56 2006 by 'Innis' at level 32 (54 hrs):
In watching Chanya, I am struck by the lack of rp in pk situations...just run in and kill, loot if desired...not a comment about city-dwellers...nothing.

Wed Sep 27 13:08:48 2006 by 'Innis' at level 32 (59 hrs):
I am not sure why Chanya kills whom she kills...no rp or purpose. Nothing to further the aims of Outlander, just killing.

Thu Sep 28 08:56:19 2006 by 'Twist' at level 37 (61 hrs):
So I'm watching the roleplay, reading the role - still no idea why this char is sphere deception and not sphere death, combat, war, or something else that goes with "I kill everything that moves."

3 seperate imms watching you, all with the same message. These are the people who watch your so-called "roleplayed actions" and they couldn't figure it out either. That says a lot. Generally I see PBF comments about how great someone is, when from my interactions they were ####. In this instance, it seems the staff saw just what everyone else saw.

DaevrynSun 10-Dec-06 05:41 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#53119, "Actually:"
In response to Reply #15

Please don't put words in my mouth. My commentary is on the character build.

Innis and Twist's comments are another story, of course.

Marcus_Sun 10-Dec-06 12:26 PM
681 posts
#53111, "thought you were deleted, sorry. nt"
In response to Reply #14

nt

Lightmaged (Guest)Sun 10-Dec-06 06:29 PM

#53125, "Odd"
In response to Reply #2

I never really got this char of yours. I was playing a svirf shifter at the time who was pretty much neutral to everything. You rushed me out of form in my twenties and killed me in a round or so. I think again while I was ranking on trolls in the past.

I was pretty pissed off when you finally came into hero range then deleted a few days later. You gotta give these mages you pick on pre 30's a chance to extract some brutal revenge. I had you for a round with my octopus but wasnt able to get off an entwine before you had fled and quaffed.

Nice Pk totals pre hero, anyhow.

Krynna (Guest)Thu 07-Dec-06 07:34 AM

#53044, "I am disappointed"
In response to Reply #0

That was so damn fun to watch you destroying people with human warrior. And the fact that at level 40 you was in my PK range was damn impressive. If you put some more time and effort in this char, it could be pretty cool.

You had pretty good induction interview, but, unfortunately, I didn't have a lot of chances to RP with you.

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed this char till it lasted and hope to see you soon.

Marcus_Sun 10-Dec-06 10:04 AM
681 posts
#53107, "RE: I am disappointed"
In response to Reply #1

Me too, I was hoping I'd get to raid or defend a bit with you.. But it never happened. That distention got pretty ugly - at first I was a bit cocky and didn't care, then when I had pretty much the entire hero range to fight, it started to get tough.. everybody just owned me :p

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #53043 Previous topic | Next topic