Subject: "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aramonk the Master Chronicler" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52961
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 01-Dec-06 07:12 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52961, "(CON LOSS) [BATTLE] Aramonk the Master Chronicler"

Fri Dec 1 18:10:16 2006

At 1 o'clock PM, Day of the Moon, 35th of the Month of the Long Shadows
on the Theran calendar Aramonk perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:bard
Level:49
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:186

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply I am kind of curious, did anyone auctually like my work..., Aramonk (Guest), 08-Dec-06 12:12 PM, #23
Reply Don't know what to say., Tiatan, 02-Dec-06 02:01 PM, #15
Reply I do ;) hah, Aramonk (Guest), 03-Dec-06 01:20 PM, #20
     Reply RE: I do ;) hah, Tiatan, 03-Dec-06 07:15 PM, #22
Reply LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR., Aramonk (Guest), 01-Dec-06 07:37 PM, #5
Reply I am sorry, Taelina (Guest), 01-Dec-06 08:09 PM, #6
Reply RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR., Daevryn, 02-Dec-06 12:57 AM, #8
Reply my situations explained., Aramonk (Guest), 02-Dec-06 03:08 AM, #9
     Reply RE: my situations explained., Daevryn, 02-Dec-06 10:13 PM, #17
     Reply the two people I ment have/had it, Aramonk (Guest), 03-Dec-06 01:24 PM, #21
     Reply On the subject of repertoires, Drakgrak (Guest), 03-Dec-06 06:46 AM, #19
Reply UGH., Yean (Guest), 02-Dec-06 03:32 AM, #10
Reply :), Aramonk (Guest), 02-Dec-06 12:46 PM, #14
Reply RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR., Trurkrag (Guest), 02-Dec-06 03:34 AM, #11
Reply RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR., Aramonk (Guest), 02-Dec-06 12:42 PM, #13
     Reply RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR., Trurkrag (Guest), 03-Dec-06 12:53 AM, #18
Reply Goodbye, Eltain (Guest), 02-Dec-06 06:36 AM, #12
Reply Enjoyed my fights with you, Seonex (Guest), 02-Dec-06 04:09 PM, #16
Reply Damn... woops, V (Guest), 01-Dec-06 07:24 PM, #2
Reply heh its cool, Aramonk (Guest), 01-Dec-06 07:28 PM, #3
     Reply Bit of a better goodbye, V (Guest), 01-Dec-06 08:35 PM, #7
Reply Much respect..., Paskat (Guest), 01-Dec-06 07:24 PM, #1
     Reply gosh i hated you :) txt, Aramonk (Guest), 01-Dec-06 07:30 PM, #4

Aramonk (Guest)Fri 08-Dec-06 12:12 PM

#53067, "I am kind of curious, did anyone auctually like my work..."
In response to Reply #0

or was it all in vain

TiatanSat 02-Dec-06 02:01 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#52991, "Don't know what to say."
In response to Reply #0

You taught me how to survive that Bardic Phantom, at least, which came in quite handy. Almost all of our interactions were you rushing into the Bar and attacking me out of form. It's not an uncommon thing, but it caused my character to lose all respect for you. I'm sure a lot of Villagers don't respect -my- character, since he seems to sit around in the Bar and not fight, but fighting just isn't in his role. Besides, he did wipe the smirk off of one Villager's face. To each their own. Good luck with your next.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

Aramonk (Guest)Sun 03-Dec-06 01:20 PM

#53002, "I do ;) hah"
In response to Reply #15

well I am glad that you figured it out. I realize rushing you like that was kinda ####ty but it was the only thing that would get a bit of a fight out of you. I was really intrested in your RP (even though it might of not seemed like it) but I wish you went furthar with it rather then grouping with mage's and shapeshifting all the time and never fighting. I would have liked to see you fight mages if you *hated* them for what you were rather then learning with them. I guess Aramonk towards the end just figured you were lying to save your ass and as a player I was just always looking for a fight and always trying to learn from fighting things.

Good luck, I am sure I will see you in the fields

TiatanSun 03-Dec-06 07:15 PM
Member since 29th Oct 2006
118 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#53006, "RE: I do ;) hah"
In response to Reply #20

Meh, he got tired of trying to explain it, after awhile, so he just gave up. It would have been fun to keep it up, though, but it doesn't really matter at this point, since his life has changed so much, anyways. As for rushing him in the Inn, he didn't like it, no, and he thinks very little of the people that do it to him, but I understand that it's going to happen. I'm just glad he's a Herald now, so he stands a decent chance when that happens. There are ways to get him to fight, but not many. Fighting just isn't in his role. My next character will probably be more violent, however. Oh, and as for me as a player, I respected this character, even if my character did not. You really stuck to your guns.

"On ne fait pas de musique contre quelqu'un"

Aramonk (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 07:37 PM

#52966, "LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR."
In response to Reply #0

First Bard ever...

Epic sucked, great for role kinda not for anything else really.

I tryed to get into the whole bard thing and from the begining it was good I wrote some cool stuff tryed to keep him more a painter and less a storywriter.

Aramonk was supposed to be cool and collected and smooth like he didnt try to be a bard he just was.

I lost my head a few times due to some people in the playerbase just being cocksmokers but I guess that stuff will happen.

This was the most fustrating character I have ever played though I did enjoy about 1/10th of the chars life in total. Be that as it may I did learn alot about the *new*playerbase and about bards. And some of it was fun.

People who stand out are gone now for the most part. Post something and I will reply unless your one of the people that I just dont respect as a character and player.

Yean, it was damned fun running around with you all the time. Great Char and good luck.
Taelina you too though didnt know as much as Yean
Yuvilan or whatever, not sure if playing times didnt match up but saw you for like 20 mins after Inducted and not really ever after that

and all you bitches who deleted rather then stick it out in the village with nexus and tribunal and scion and empire and everyone else on us... your all bitches

Taelina (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 08:09 PM

#52970, "I am sorry"
In response to Reply #5

that I didnot save you that last time. I think you did very well for the first bard and villager. Thing that I liked most of all is your spirit. Keep it coming.

DaevrynSat 02-Dec-06 12:57 AM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52978, "RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR."
In response to Reply #5

Take these for what you will...

1) The toughest Battle bards I can remember since the introduction of repertoires have lived most of their lives in Epic. (e.g. Gerylanst) I'm not going to say it's the best choice for all situations, but if you got your ass beat at times, it's not because your chosen repertoire wasn't good for anything. People have cleaned up with it in a big way.

2) The so-called "bash spec" legacy has been relatively out of vogue recently, so if bunches of people were bashing you down, odds are, bash just owns bard that much.

Aramonk (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 03:08 AM

#52979, "my situations explained."
In response to Reply #8

1) agreed, Gerylanst was a animal, but also not human and also knew what he was doing with bards heh I took some pointers from him but was still at a loss. Epic was great three things I found annoying a) people knew I was epic and would not stick around for fire and ice dooms so after distort they would bounce b) as a human I had #### for mana at hero range compaired to all the other bards I compaired my self to and c)I (This is an assumption in a way) consided vibrato a much much better choice but then it stopped lagging(or seemingly stopped) all together and while the damage was consistant my mana restrains were blowall to keep up vibratos.

2) while bash specs are at a all time low, there was at least two and I can think of three that I faught every time I logged in basically. Cloud Nexus and Fire Tribuanal come to mind right off the bat. Also I have a good ton of logs of me sitting 35 rounds with out a single command due to this... not saying that its #### just sayin that its something that while I expected at times It made me cringe alot when I had to raid/reraid/ or got warrented and so on. I hate bash specs hah but that is life.

And just to clear up #1 epic is not useless, its cool and its fun and it went with the role for a while but after some of my good brethren died out and a few people deleted I lost some vigor and started being more depressed and tragic. I also stoped creating new works and kinda just rolled with that. I hope I convayed that in char anyhow... I know Yean picked up on it alot asking me what was wrong and stuff and if I was ok and so on but I didnt get alot of interaction besides fighting and or people talking alot of #### about kills and such they had nothing to do with heh. I found Tragic more intresting and reliable auctually in the long run though.

Thanks for the feed back though and I hope that cleared it up a little

DaevrynSat 02-Dec-06 10:13 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
#52997, "RE: my situations explained."
In response to Reply #9

>2) while bash specs are at a all time low, there was at least
>two and I can think of three that I faught every time I logged
>in basically.

I'm 98% sure at least one of the characters you think is/was, isn't/wasn't.

I'm not saying that to bust you down or anything... I think a lot of people underestimate what straight-up bash can (not likely will, or always will, but can) do, and it can be helpful to plan for it with a character like this in the future.

Aramonk (Guest)Sun 03-Dec-06 01:24 PM

#53003, "the two people I ment have/had it"
In response to Reply #17

Eqithan's PBF says so and

the fire giant warrior tribunal T something has it too unless he lies in char for whatever reason heh.

other people though you are right just got some of the good loving from RNG on there bashes

anyway it will be some time before i play a bard again and this time I will be playing a different cabal.

Drakgrak (Guest)Sun 03-Dec-06 06:46 AM

#53000, "On the subject of repertoires"
In response to Reply #9

An elf bard with romantic as preferred, and epic/tragic for secondary might have better success than what you achieved with epic straight up. You could roll up an arial too, so you wont get tripped and that is one form of lag out. But there are plenty of ways to lag, so not sure that really is a factor considering gear slots and vulns. And you might as well take the iron vuln rather than lightning and water vuln and use the romantic bonus to elves to distort that one command you get every 30 rounds .
Ok, I admit, I am just trying to get you to play another villager hehe.

Yean (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 03:32 AM

#52980, "UGH."
In response to Reply #5

When you said you were low on con, I didn't know it was this low. You were one of my favourite people to run around with without a doubt mainly cos you were always willing to get your feet dirty and just mix it up. And when I told you icly that whenever you were about I just felt like laughing somehow, it's true You lifted my spirits unknowingly.

Anyhow, you did convey your 'Aramonk was supposed to be cool and collected and smooth like he didnt try to be a bard he just was.' pretty well. I liked your description and it fitted your whole personality well. Disarming char, I enjoyed him tremendously. Hope you come back to the Village soon.

Aramonk (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 12:46 PM

#52989, ":)"
In response to Reply #10

thank you at least I know someone got the concept of who Aramonk was. haha I know most of my foes didnt because I just got too fustrated to try and RP with them after the endless taunting after ganks and stuff like that (some foes are excluded you know who you are) anyway I always had a blast when you were on and was always waiting for big D to say you or Todger-mans name when you two werent

I will see you in the fields soon

Trurkrag (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 03:34 AM

#52981, "RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR."
In response to Reply #5

Forgot the Todger-man? You were a rather abnormal bard. But always a good kin to have around. I'll miss you. Miss you much more than others because of the one-sided fights me and you fought (and won)

Aramonk (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 12:42 PM

#52988, "RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR."
In response to Reply #11

ahh hells I cant believe I forgot you

you were funny as hell and your PR is priceless haha I always grinned when you showed up cus I knew that I wouldnt be such a grease stain hahah

You were like the really really big brother that didnt let anyone #### with his little brother and little sister(yean) haha we did get into some crazy fights that seemingly were us guna get smeared but we came out on top haha that was more you then me haha

Keep on trucking, If you still got the umph it would be great to see you as the commander of the village... you put far more in then what I have seen from the current commander. Time and RP wise (this is just my opinion)

See you in the fields soon

Trurkrag (Guest)Sun 03-Dec-06 12:53 AM

#52998, "RE: LEARNED ALOT WITH THIS CHAR."
In response to Reply #13

Thanks a lot for the compliment. I hope to see you in the fields soon and YOU better have your todger swinging the vilage way, eh? Maybe when you feel up to it you can try a defender bard with comic repertoire and bit of romantic in it too. Works like a charm by my theory!

Eltain (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 06:36 AM

#52982, "Goodbye"
In response to Reply #5

There goes my less tough(Yean being the gauge) bardic foe. We had some nice fights(or should I say fight, though it was all around Western Thera).

As for being cool and collected, you only managed that when things were going your way, but when you died to Eqithan and I outside Nexus(after Eqithan had con-killed Ruseig), I didn't see much of that cool and collected. The same applies to the log someone posted in Dio's where you threatened to full loot all Nexans. One thing to remember that no-one can take your dignity from you, but if you whine like a little bitch, you are giving it away. Don't throw away your dignity, man. It'll make it hard for people to respect you if it looks like you can't handle losing.

In that particular situation, I, the uncaballed gnome, who was already more or less running around with Eqithan, heard that you, my only enemy online, was raiding Nexus, which my character had some respect to for sounding the Horn of Fate. So, do I 1) Sit around doing nothing and get bored while Eqithan defends alone or do I 2) jump in and try to get some of that ultra rare PK action I wanted to get? I chose 2) and you died, as Eqithan was already winning and I happened to intercept your flight.

Anyway, good luck for your next. Aramonk was somewhat likeable when everything went his way.

Seonex (Guest)Sat 02-Dec-06 04:09 PM

#52993, "Enjoyed my fights with you"
In response to Reply #5

Even though they were a bit one-sided.

Yes, I was a bash spec. =P

That time we dueled I did have invoker shields, and felt kinda bad about it. You challenged me to a duel while I was running around looking for some Tribunals in cities to fight. It was the reason I didn't pursue you while you were convulsing, even though I think I could have sealed the kill if I chased you a little longer. Good fights!

Whats interesting is I think bards are one of the classes that lose the most in the village - by their very nature, they are the most vulnerable to attacks that lag them out, and not being able to use magic makes them extremely vulnerable to aforementioned lagging attacks. I fear a villager bard much less than I fear a stoneskin/protection/enlarge/flying bard from any other cabal.

Then again, villager bards look to be absolutely scary against any class without reliable lag. Shrug. Guess its your playing style.

V (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 07:24 PM

#52963, "Damn... woops"
In response to Reply #0

Really enjoyed fighting you, great character

Aramonk (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 07:28 PM

#52964, "heh its cool"
In response to Reply #2

you were one of the only people I didnt mind fighting because you had good RP and had balls to back it up. That is leaps and bounds ahead of most people that still play.

Thanks for some fun fights, and keep rockin.

V (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 08:35 PM

#52971, "Bit of a better goodbye"
In response to Reply #3

I really enjoyed almost every interaction, even when you were talkin #### it was in good mannered roleplay (you would be surprised how often I have to hit quiet now adays). You would come for the head even when there was no chance of you getting it back and even when certain death (an invoker with quicksand) was most likely, I hope the battle imms noticed this and rewarded it with at least some decent interactions (imho that throwing yourself against the enemy with a vicious warcry and battlelust is what the village is all about, even for a bard). All in all I was very impressed with your class.

Paskat (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 07:24 PM

#52962, "Much respect..."
In response to Reply #0

After the so-called tribunal/battle war cooled down, you were left alone in your cabal for the most part, and took quite a beating from everybody. I'll give you props for sticking to your guns and making your stand, even though you knew it would get you killed most of the time.

There were a few times there when I thought your bravery bordered more along the lines of suicidal though, like when when you fiended a whole room full of people at the Hamsah gates, but that was probably my most memorable story from a bard in quite some time.

Aramonk (Guest)Fri 01-Dec-06 07:30 PM

#52965, "gosh i hated you :) txt"
In response to Reply #1

but on the real you played a bad ass thief

I lost my head a few times on some people who were "over the deep end" assholes but I tryed to keep that side of things as submerged as possiable.

This was my first bard ever, and village was a tough place to go considering how this generation of ragers panned out.

Bash spec nexus ganks bash spec tribunal forces and just about everything else like cheapshottin thieves and 7 on 1's

hehe
I like you as a player but aramonk hated you

cheers.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52961 Previous topic | Next topic