Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Halamael the Force of Nature" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52732
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 24-Nov-06 06:08 PM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52732, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Halamael the Force of Nature"

Fri Nov 24 17:07:18 2006

At 1 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 31st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Halamael perished, never to return.

Race:wood-elf
Class:druid
Level:51
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:101

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Afanofmyself. (Guest)Sat 25-Nov-06 07:12 AM

#52744, "Obligatory goodbye so you seem popular"
In response to Reply #0

No idea who you are.

AdrigonSat 25-Nov-06 06:11 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
158 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52743, "Little goodbye"
In response to Reply #0

Well that's that then.

Halamael was all fun-fun-fun at first but then I don't know. I lost touch for him and then I started playing another char that I had on the backburner and didn't touch Halamael. At which point I just figgured I'd delete him. I have played a druid before in SYLVAN and I seem to recall that he was much better

I think if you look at my pbf you'll get to see comments along the lines of "will he ever get a kill on his OWN?". I think I would have needed another 30 or so hours to really get into the druid pk, to get into the feel of it. Some things are just plain weird though. The wilderness in the prompt that I have noticed others complaining about bothered me aswell - I got entwined by Yuvralin at some point in those fields between large crossroads and voralian and even though my prompt told me wilderness I couldn't call on forest haven.
But the strange thing is that I CAN call on forest haven on eastern road where my prompt tells me it's civilized Oh well.

I think another contributing factor to my deletion was that I lost my wilderness familarity.

NEXUS was great! Except I need a more goal oriented clan as far as player advancement goes. Cool none the less. Bond is alot of fun to explore. I still think druids should carry their bondmate when they use forest haven however. But the philosophy and all is great. Really good way to counter the situations where 10 forties and 1 imperial is online. Problem I found though was that when I noticed some imbalance and headed out to kill someone the balance would shift back to normal before I found them.

But that probably says something about my tracking skills I guess.

Some goodbyes:

Eqithan: Brother. We ranked from when you were 35 ish to hero and it was pleasant to have a competent man along the side. Our playing times overlapsed pretty well and of all nexuns you were the one I was bonded to the most.

Dinkertot: Hehe. We got some kills together and I think you're a great character. I'm glad you listened to my advice that one time in Hamsah - I would have given it no matter what character I played but as it were it fit Halamaels little role well with being sphere spirit and all.

Nanorab: Thank you for an entertaining time. I must admit first time I noticed you cb'ing something I moaned thinking damnit, one of those herald/fortress players who just want to chill out and talk junk clearly that was also the case but you were good at it! I like your style, but soon I believe we will meet eachother again but with me on the other side of the fence.

Rest of Nexus: You were all great, and I could tell your skills varied deeply from profouse newbies to old veterans and that's really a great thing to see.

Battle:

Yean: I still recall our first meeting - it was in Eryn Galen and I was like level 15 and healed you some and you asked me not to, if I recall correctly. Since then I sort of kept noticing you online. Our fights were entertaining, that one time you got me with fiend I actually had a resist mental prep that I pondered using, then I worded from you fighting the fiend and I was still pondering if I should use it but of course I figgured I could just fireseed and heal away. Then I had to teleport beccause you came along and then somewhere along the lines when the fiend was convulsing my mana ran out and it got me.

Regardless, much respect. I like your style and your poetry things are actually not that bad.

Rest of the village: I was really happy that none of you were very loot happy. I returned the favor as much as I could and I think that overall that contributed to all of us having more fun. Some of you cared about the parity thing, others didn't - I don't mind it since whenever I fought you I tended to be bonded.

Everyone else: It was a fun run! See you on the fields.

AdrigonSat 25-Nov-06 09:33 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
158 posts
#52747, "Psuchae!"
In response to Reply #1

Oddly enough I completely forgot to mention Psuchae in my goodbye thread.

Or so you would think - but actually I only had one (1) immteraction with her when she sent me a dream and empowered me at level 7 or so. After that ...nothing. I guess my playstyle didn't invite for much interaction but I would have hoped for something more.

Interesting religion, I would have hoped to ... well delve more into that aspect. I had actually intentions of having a sit-down with Lauraine and talk with her about the day Psuchae was discovered etc. Well that never came to be.

Regardless. Thank you for empowering me!

Yean (Guest)Sat 25-Nov-06 12:01 PM

#52750, "Goodbye to you"
In response to Reply #1

Heh yep that was our first meeting..in Eryn Galen. It was interesting later when I found out you had joined the Nexuns.

I enjoyed our fights immensely..you're smart and it got harder to fight you with each passing fight. You know how annoying spores were? Heh. Especially during raids.

I remember that fight you're talking about..

<801/1010hp 571/826m 714/813mv 29300tnl 7 AM wilderness tipsy> sing grandYou sing 'How can I let you sleep, my love,
Now that your dear voice I hear?
I crave but a kiss from your clay-cold lips
I long to kiss you, holding you near.'
You create a powerful illusion in the mind of Halamael.
Halamael yells 'It's just like in my nightmares! Get away from me!'
Someone's mental assault stupefies Halamael!
The resonance from the last chord seems to float in the room.
Your abilities at singing grand nocturne have improved.

It was a powerful one Anyway regarding preps, personally I'd use them. Wasted preps/gold > wasted con and the loots that sometimes follow!..speaking for myself at least.

And much respect for Halamael too..both pk and rp-wise, you did a great job and I enjoyed them all.

>...I returned the favor as much as I could and I
>think that overall that contributed to all of us having more
>fun.

That is true for most of the Nexun fights too, and it did contribute to the fun factor. It's like fights and hate ic, but ooc we know it's all fun stuff.

Enjoy your current!

Trurkrag (Guest)Tue 28-Nov-06 07:06 AM

#52882, "Good fights."
In response to Reply #1

See you in the fields!

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52732 Previous topic | Next topic