Subject: "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52722
Show all folders

Death_AngelFri 24-Nov-06 10:36 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52722, "(DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits"

Fri Nov 24 09:34:12 2006

At 12 o'clock PM, Day of the Bull, 1st of the Month of the Heat
on the Theran calendar Mhyrin perished, never to return.

Race:svirfnebli
Class:healer
Level:42
Alignment:Neutral
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:NEXUS, Nexus, Seekers of Balance
Hours:83

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits, Mhyrin (Guest), 24-Nov-06 10:52 AM, #1
     Reply It was all about your actions while on., Nanorab (Guest), 24-Nov-06 11:49 AM, #2
     Reply If the man was bored..., Pro-man (Guest), 24-Nov-06 12:55 PM, #3
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits, Baerlias (Guest), 24-Nov-06 01:08 PM, #4
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits, Daevryn, 24-Nov-06 05:27 PM, #5
     Reply Welp bro, Geranim (Guest), 25-Nov-06 08:00 AM, #6
     Reply typo last post, Geranim (Guest), 25-Nov-06 08:01 AM, #7
          Reply I laugh at this., Pro-Man (Guest), 25-Nov-06 11:34 AM, #9
     Reply RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits, Rayihn, 25-Nov-06 10:24 AM, #8

Mhyrin (Guest)Fri 24-Nov-06 10:52 AM

#52723, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits"
In response to Reply #0

Well, I had a blast with this character.

Rayihn, thank you for fun interactions, you really made me want to go all out on the RP-front. I truly enjoyed our conversations.

Battle, you guys are amazing. I wish I had the determination that you do IC and OOC.

Nexus, I have bitter sweet feelings here. Overall I had a blast. But at the same time, it was not Rift's enemies that killed me, it was you. I logged on to get a lecture from Nanorab about how I was not on very much and how I would be better helping the Rift outside. In other words, he was perfectly satisfied with my actions while I was on (as I was raiding, defending, rp'ing, talking to possible candidates, etc.), he just did not like that I was on enough. So, with this kind of attitude, it does not appear that I can have a character that takes it slow for a while to be picked up again. I have to be on all the time to stay in the cabal. I thus deleted. I have no particular desire to re-roll anything at the moment, since the playerbase is already dwindling and the requirement of hardcore (hours per day) playstyle is not exactly for me. (I cannot it seems play only on weekends for example.)

Great game, great community. Please cherish what you have. I, however, am out.

Mhyrin

Nanorab (Guest)Fri 24-Nov-06 11:49 AM

#52724, "It was all about your actions while on."
In response to Reply #1

You spent far too much time just sitting there. And a lot of the time afk, or whatever. You'd also log off if things looked bad/boring. Or would just log off randomly in the middle of something. That kind of unpredictability had an impact on the rest of us and I was trying to get you to see that you could be more productive in ways that didn't mean having reliable login periods. Like writing notes, teaching newbies/applicants and other things. If that failed, you could do what you did sitting in the inn without the inners protection that many felt you just weren't earning.

Pro-man (Guest)Fri 24-Nov-06 12:55 PM

#52725, "If the man was bored..."
In response to Reply #2

Let him log out.

This is a game, not work. He also stipulated he didn't have a lot of time, and what with Nexus having enemies at any given time It might look like he quit when te going was tough.

Baerlias (Guest)Fri 24-Nov-06 01:08 PM

#52727, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits"
In response to Reply #1

You did well from what I've seen, I had feeling you're new for the game, but you was learning fast. And don't take removal from a cabal personaly, usually it does not ruin the char. Even when you got Anathemaithed . You always can RP trying to come back or you can turn against your cabal.. there are many ways. and all of them are fun.

Hope, you'll be back to the Fields.

Good luck

PS And don't even think about turning to WOW or something else as you wrote on unofficial

DaevrynFri 24-Nov-06 05:27 PM
Member since 13th Feb 2007
11117 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52731, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits"
In response to Reply #1

I didn't ever get the impression that people were saying Mhyrin didn't log on enough; I more got the impression that people were saying he was fairly useless when he was on.

Seemed like you had an interesting character and were putting effort into RP; it might be that life in a cabal that tends to see a lot of action might not be for you, or might not be for you yet.

Geranim (Guest)Sat 25-Nov-06 08:00 AM

#52745, "Welp bro"
In response to Reply #1

Had good times running with you few times we did, helped me raid village solo a bunch thanks to heal... only bad thing I remember is we were both 30ish.. raiding village with Equithan, Dinkertot, Andor(sp?), and one other and they were running out from destructor asking for heals and you were just sitting there... may have been a connection problem but felt you were a little slow on the heals...

that conversation with Nanorab when you del'd.. think Nanorab was just trying to provoke/inspire/motivate you a little... but no one will respect a healer who is all sweet with his words... nexus isnt herald eh?

anyways good luck in future

Geranim (Guest)Sat 25-Nov-06 08:01 AM

#52746, "typo last post"
In response to Reply #6

but no one will respect a healer who is all sweet with his words... nexus isnt herald eh?

should be

but no one will respect a LEADER (Nanorab) who is all sweet with his words... nexus isnt herald eh?

Pro-Man (Guest)Sat 25-Nov-06 11:34 AM

#52749, "I laugh at this."
In response to Reply #7

Leaders are respectful of their subordinates but firm with fairness.

You can be soft spoken and be an effective leader in any Cabal.

RayihnSat 25-Nov-06 10:24 AM
Member since 08th Oct 2006
1147 posts
#52748, "RE: (DELETED) [NEXUS] Mhyrin the Mentor of Spirits"
In response to Reply #1

Thanks for the kind words! I'm really glad you had fun with it. You had a pretty unique/interesting take on my religion, I was looking forward to seeing what you would do with it. I could tell towards the end that your interest had sort of dropped off, less prays, less visits, less time spent just being on. I think in that case it's not a bad idea to just delete and try something new - only play what you're going to have fun with! That's the point after all right?

Hope to see you around the BAthhouse again.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52722 Previous topic | Next topic