Subject: "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Rektath the Filthy Git of War, Drill..." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52369
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 11-Nov-06 06:32 PM
Member since 27th Sep 2024
17186 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52369, "(DELETED) [BATTLE] Rektath the Filthy Git of War, Drillmaster of Battle"

Sat Nov 11 17:31:31 2006

At 7 o'clock AM, Day of Thunder, 24th of the Month of Nature
on the Theran calendar Rektath perished, never to return.

Race:duergar
Class:warrior
Level:51
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Neutral
Cabal:BATTLE, the BattleRagers, Haters of Magic
Hours:309

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Rektath the Filthy Git of War, D..., Yuvralin (Guest), 16-Nov-06 11:56 PM, #34
Reply Woot! No honorable mention of Outlander horde?, Krynna (Guest), 13-Nov-06 01:34 PM, #17
Reply Didn't really meet you much in the later parts of your ..., Lucury (Guest), 12-Nov-06 04:13 PM, #8
Reply Farewells., Rektath (Guest), 12-Nov-06 03:19 PM, #4
Reply You were impressive, Lerimos (Guest), 12-Nov-06 05:42 PM, #9
Reply In regards to your Fort Horde:, shamanman, 12-Nov-06 06:32 PM, #10
Reply Fargin Stinkin Git!, Ysaloerye, 12-Nov-06 08:08 PM, #11
Reply RE: Farewells., Aelioc Jeir (Guest), 12-Nov-06 08:27 PM, #12
Reply You were really tough, Seonex (Guest), 12-Nov-06 10:03 PM, #13
Reply Tough Bastard., Zambirro (Guest), 13-Nov-06 08:07 AM, #14
Reply Real fine job, Yean (Guest), 13-Nov-06 10:12 AM, #15
Reply Great Stuff!, Kastellyn, 13-Nov-06 11:18 AM, #16
Reply He was not always right but he had a position that made..., Abernytee (Guest), 14-Nov-06 04:57 AM, #20
     Reply Somewhat agree, Rektath (Guest), 14-Nov-06 12:00 PM, #21
          Reply RE: Somewhat agree, Azzy (Guest), 14-Nov-06 12:09 PM, #22
          Reply suppose.....and not all dwarves ganged., Abernytee (Guest), 15-Nov-06 08:34 AM, #31
               Reply No problem, Rektath (Guest), 15-Nov-06 12:20 PM, #32
Reply Farewell Addendum, Rektath (Guest), 13-Nov-06 06:05 PM, #18
Reply Defeatist attitude?, Seonex (Guest), 14-Nov-06 02:01 PM, #23
Reply To be fair, who makes arial dagger/polearm spec with ba..., Rektath (Guest), 14-Nov-06 02:24 PM, #24
Reply What happened to the happy Bliggy I loved :( NT, Kruuank (Guest), 14-Nov-06 03:31 PM, #27
     Reply I got pincered to death. n/t, Bliggy (Guest), 14-Nov-06 05:25 PM, #29
Reply For FARK's sake...., MutteringMadam (Guest), 14-Nov-06 02:31 PM, #25
Reply Bleh, Rektath (Guest), 14-Nov-06 02:35 PM, #26
Reply Battle Defenders, Draktel (Guest), 14-Nov-06 04:21 PM, #28
Reply You will be missed, Chokiare (Guest), 14-Nov-06 09:31 PM, #30
Reply I definately enjoyed your character, A2, 15-Nov-06 02:15 PM, #33
Reply RE: Farewell Addendum, Grimbledorf (Guest), 28-Feb-07 02:39 PM, #35
Reply RE: Farewells., Itholin (Guest), 13-Nov-06 08:04 PM, #19
Reply RE: Farewells., A2, 03-Mar-07 12:19 PM, #36
Reply Hate to see this., Trurkrag (Guest), 12-Nov-06 09:57 AM, #3
Reply RE: Hate to see this., Rektath (Guest), 12-Nov-06 03:20 PM, #5
Reply I've seen berserkers with less guts than you., Dhaezym (Guest), 11-Nov-06 09:59 PM, #2
Reply RE: I've seen berserkers with less guts than you., Rektath (Guest), 12-Nov-06 03:21 PM, #6
Reply Enjoyable char., Lightmaged (Guest), 11-Nov-06 08:04 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Enjoyable char., Rektath (Guest), 12-Nov-06 03:22 PM, #7

Yuvralin (Guest)Thu 16-Nov-06 11:56 PM

#52589, "RE: (DELETED) [BATTLE] Rektath the Filthy Git of War, D..."
In response to Reply #0

Man.. Sure could have used a competent rager(and defender to boot) around to deal with this nexan war, everyone seems to be deleting on me. Ahh well, I enjoyed your character a lot, you had a real Villagerly presence about you that reminded me of battle back in the day. Our times didnt seem to meet up entirely too well, but from the few interactions I remember I enjoyed them. Take care man, good luck on your next.

Krynna (Guest)Mon 13-Nov-06 01:34 PM

#52464, "Woot! No honorable mention of Outlander horde?"
In response to Reply #0

I guess we did poor job hunting you down then!

With all seriousness now, that was my favourite villager. Which was a bit icky as he was duergar. We had a lot of funny fights, but I must say that retreating to civilised and running around/bandaging till full health is annoying as hell. Kinda made it uninteresting for me to challenge you. So I was waiting for a moment to get an oportunistic strike. Too bad our times were too different for that

And yeah, that time when you came to re-raid and I ambushes you three times and you STILL survived was like 'Ouch'. I lost my faith in ambush that day

Anyways, well done.

Lucury (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 04:13 PM

#52396, "Didn't really meet you much in the later parts of your ..."
In response to Reply #0

...but you were such a tough bastard. I remember that one time I prodded and annoyed you with my ranking group in town until you just went ape#### and started attacking town guards, guildguards and the likes in several towns as we tried to elude you. Great char.

Rektath (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 03:19 PM

#52392, "Farewells."
In response to Reply #0

Wow, what a run. This is by far my most successful character, considering how I've only played for about...2 years or so. I came to this mud after reading those logs of Jinroh, and yes, I was one of those Jinrohish followers. In fact, my first character was an imitation of him that lasted until level 25 After that I tried some different combos, but ultimately tried another duergar warrior. Voila, I was inducted into the Village, and after my bitching out two villagers for things that I thought were unvillagely like based on my sphere (courage), Lerimos made me drillmaster. Gotta say, the first 100 hours or so were a blast. I tried to play this character as a good natured gruff, always bitching about responsibility and wanting nothing to do with politics, thereby hoping to get Kastellyn's attention as a seemingly sphere fate. This was after Ordasen left and I had no chance to get his tattoo. Ah well.

When I was inducted into the Village, I went through an entire spiel with Lerimos regarding a proper defender. And when I was made Drillmaster, that kinda stuck to my head, and I went by that through Rektath's entire life. That's the reason why I was so hardass for Village pride. I didn't want the Village to be only a 'kill mage' cabal, but rather one that dealt more with RP than PK. Unfortunately, I don't think I had too much success with that. It's pretty evident by some of the crap that went down when I wasn't logged on, or rather when I was logged on with another character for a short time. That's the main problem I had regarding my policies I think...when I was on, Villagers were somewhat afraid of me seeing how I had no qualms about taking them to the circle. I didn't know any other way to enforce my policies besides doing that since my policies were little over the end.

In the end, I was seeing being a drillmaster more like a responsibility than having fun. That, along with life issues, took away from the entire mudding experience. I don't know when I'm going to make a new character, but it will probably be a while, if ever.

Goodbyes:

Aelisoc - Thanks for letting me on dude. Greatly appreciated it.

Lerimos - I really liked you as the commander. I had another character fight you before Rektath, and I thought you did a great job. When you con-died, I knew I had a lot of #### to go through, and hopefully did pretty well in the absence of a commander. Kudos.

Lightmage's characters - Always a blast to fight. Always. Impeccable RP. what else can I say?

Village imms - I appreciate all the nifty things I was given. Third legacy, set fracture, title, and a new weapon. You guys basically made my time as a Villager enjoyable with all the perks. Rock on!

Fortress horde - Not particularly impressed by you guys. There are one or two that stick out, such as Chokiare, the Victorious Maran in Black (forgot name ), Landren. I especially disliked it when some of you practically stated that you would always gang me.

Empire horde - Similar to the Fortress horde; however, I knew that I should expect gangs from you because of the war we had throughout Rektath's life. Besides Skiltore, who I knew would always be a bane to Rektath because he's soooo damned skilled, I thought most of you didn't stand a chance one on one. Being the empire, it makes sense for the gangs. Besides that, I can't really say I liked alot of you. I did love our fights though...always a good rush

Scion horde - Loved fighting you guys. I especially liked to see a lot of great quality characters coming from the Scions.

Imms - Thanks for an awesome game.

Seriously, I don't remember most of the people I interacted with. Hence the reference to horde. Post if you have anything to say and I'll respond.

Lates.

Lerimos (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 05:42 PM

#52401, "You were impressive"
In response to Reply #4

I picked upon the RP early and liked your general hard ass attitude. I think the hardest thing for a drillmaster is to accept the fact that people will hate you, bitch about you and at you. Despite what thought your did you stuck to your convictions and I think that is a testament to the skill of your RP. Its always great to have someone at a position that you can trust and I owe alot of the success of the Village to you. Good luck with the next.

shamanmanSun 12-Nov-06 06:32 PM
Member since 05th Jul 2004
244 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to send message via AOL IM
#52403, "In regards to your Fort Horde:"
In response to Reply #4

I(Mezrar) am sad that I didnt make that list . After ganking you I felt bad, so went out of my way numerous times to duel you 1v1..you were always well done in kicking my ass 100% solo. So mad props for that.

YsaloeryeSun 12-Nov-06 08:07 PM
Member since 09th Apr 2006
315 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#52406, "Fargin Stinkin Git!"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sun 12-Nov-06 08:08 PM

Mad props on a well played character. You stuck to your role through thick and thin.
Glad you enjoyed all the fun stuff, we like to keep it interesting for you guys =0p
There was a long list of great things about Rektath, sorry the drillmaster role got to be like work,
it kinda is in a way, but you did well with hauling people into line.
It will be a loss for CF if you don't roll up something again sometime, so take a short break and come on back.

Aelioc Jeir (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 08:27 PM

#52408, "RE: Farewells."
In response to Reply #4

I was thouroughly impressed through the lives of both characters. Moreso with Jeir since we had a lot more interaction. Sometimes I thought about ditching Jeir and making a villager just to get in and fight/RP alongside you. Always solid RP and PK. Like I said in Aelisoc's goodbye, you were my only applicant, and damnit I'm proud of you, I knew you were gonna be good from the get go, and you did not fail to impress. I'll be interested to see where you go with your next character. Hopefully not an enemy of mine. Heh. Good luck and see you out there.

Seonex (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 10:03 PM

#52411, "You were really tough"
In response to Reply #4

And one of the only villagers who didn't run the hell away the moment they saw I was sanctuaried. You were probably the only evil villager that I actually respected.

I don't mean to flame you on your death thread, don't take the following rant personally, it isn't intended as an insult. But, when I saw your comment of the hordes... Yar.

I'm sure you have every reason to be unimpressed by the Fortress horde, similar to how I have every reason to unimpressed by the quality of many Battle chars I fought (present company excepted). For all the talk about parity and shiznit, you gotta realize that ONE ON ONE, BATTLE ALMOST ALWAYS HAVE THE ADVANTAGE. If I can't freaking kill you one on one due to the fact that your default class/cabal skills give you every advantage against me, no #### I'm going to gang you down. Believe it or not, most non-village warriors can't win 1v1 against most villagers, and this is even more true with the loss of haste potions. While I'm a big fan of the new changes, this remains true, even with the slight nerfing of all village powers.

If you didn't want to get ganged down, don't play a villager. I can't remember the last time Seonex had a huge gang (outside of retrieval/raid situations) on anything other than a village char.

(Disclaimer: This may not be true of all players. They may gang you down regardless. But my point remains)

Zambirro (Guest)Mon 13-Nov-06 08:07 AM

#52437, "Tough Bastard."
In response to Reply #4

Tough villager, tougher than most berserkers.
Our fights were mostly of the time one sided way, your side... I had to try anyways. I enjoyed them anyways, a shame our playing times seems not to been matching much latelly.

Regarding the fortress, I am sure there are plenty of people who would give you a "fair" fight there. On the other hand, there are many villagers around that as soon as they would start loose a fight would run back to the destructor.

But for you just compliments, great job and hope to see you around soon.

Yean (Guest)Mon 13-Nov-06 10:12 AM

#52438, "Real fine job"
In response to Reply #4

You did a really impressive job as Drillmaster from what I could see. Contrary to what you thought, I actually beamed whenever I got a chance to play beside you. I loved the attitude and power Rektath exuded, it was just real stylish. You did a Drillmaster's job perfect and it's a real shame and loss you're gone. Loved the logs btw..and hope you get a chance to roll another soon!

KastellynMon 13-Nov-06 11:18 AM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
864 posts
#52441, "Great Stuff!"
In response to Reply #4

Loved Rektath. Loved the Drillmaster attitude. If people got pissed off at you, it's probably because you were right and they were wrong. A two-year vet? I had you pegged at much more experienced than that.

You earned every perk you got, and I'm really glad you enjoyed the character for as long as you did. Solid RP and a skilled fighter, look forward to seeing what else you've got in you!

Kastellyn the Devourer of Magic, Lord of Legends

Abernytee (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 04:57 AM

#52526, "He was not always right but he had a position that made..."
In response to Reply #16

and this made him the most annoying thing in the village, apart from the ganging dwarves. He was the reason I lost interest in my rager and a few others theirs. Even Lerimos interceded when he was beiing a complete #### in an interview with my ranger. Lerimos tells you ' Dont worry about it, your answer was excellent!' after Rektath had asked me what I think the role of a scout is and he then reworded his question and asked the same thing again. It was like visiting my grandmother when she had alzheimers but she was far less caustic and she wasn't a complete arse!

-----Abernyte

Rektath (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 12:00 PM

#52530, "Somewhat agree"
In response to Reply #20

Sorry if that made you lose interest. However, I was looking for something else besides the usual crap that people spew. Something besides memorized one liner that shows that you really were dedicated to the scouts. It's like when you're in a job interview. Employees always ask what your greatest fault is. The most commonly used answer is "I sometimes take too much onto my plate." A very neutral answer.

In all seriousness, it's not that hard to think of something creative. Considering I was interviewing you and judging you based on some of your answers (since I assume most of your battle skills were good by that point), I don't see the problem with that. God knows that I might've been a hardass interviewer, but that was how I was rping Rektath. If you wanted someone easier, you could've just had an interview with another person and leave my interview.

I've had a villager before Rektath and from my experience witnessing other interviews, people ask the same boring crap, do the same boring crap, and want to get in the same boring way. You've probably had millions of villagers, and each of them, while having distinct rp, probably answered the same or similar way to every god damn question. That's why I implemented the system where you would have to get at LEAST one recommendation from one who's path you want to take. Threw in a few kinks like protecting the Village above your life which didn't take well.

Some experiments here and there, and unfortunately some people didn't take too well to it (the ganging dwarves). It's hard to introduce change if you aren't around to babysit them, which turned out the defining factor of the role as a drillmaster turning out to be a job.

Sure if I wanted to by Drillmaster 1011035234 I could've just left everything alone and enjoy my time. No changes, just the occasional 'don't do that', etc. But that's not the reason why I created Rektath.

Azzy (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 12:09 PM

#52531, "RE: Somewhat agree"
In response to Reply #21

Could we not just say "the ganging dwarves" please? Some of us didn't gang.

Abernytee (Guest)Wed 15-Nov-06 08:34 AM

#52560, "suppose.....and not all dwarves ganged."
In response to Reply #21

It is one of those pigeon-holed questions: 'what is the job/role of a scout?'
I had 4 recs up to then and for some reason you wanted too aswell. I am not one to ditch an interview because I dont like the interviewer and so I persevered. It was the 'sitting at my PC thinking, what the #### does this guy want me to say' after you all but said I was wrong and that you asked again. Admittedly Bularuuz was a ranger experiment and so was not as fleshed out as most of my characters but I was just annoyed, maybe I am to long in the tooth for this game now, I dunno. I just saw you as a carbon copy of Jinroh using a combo that was already proven to be strong and using it to get your way in the village. You annoyed the hell out of me with stun when dueling and when I camo'd to camp or herbs you bitched and this all just added up. No big deal really but I thought I would throw in my tuppence-haipney.

-----Abernyte

Rektath (Guest)Wed 15-Nov-06 12:20 PM

#52561, "No problem"
In response to Reply #31

I just used the phrase ganging dwarf cuz someone used it before I did. I wouldn't say a carbon copy of Jinroh seeing I changed one legacy . Oh and I had a different leader weapon!

Sorry if I annoyed you. I was trying to get something done, and unfortunately, a lot of vets were peeved about because of that.

Ah well. good times.

Rektath (Guest)Mon 13-Nov-06 06:05 PM

#52472, "Farewell Addendum"
In response to Reply #4

Ok, it seems I'm missing a lot of people and cabals. Let me try this again.

Village: Rektath was my best experience on CF. Granted that a lot of you sneaky bastards did things that he wouldn't approve of when I wasn't around (yes I know I sound like a crazy person referring to him and me, but use them interchangeably), I still mostly like how the Village is going.

Merrwyn: Dude, where'd you go? I loved your character, and your rp was wayyy different than the traditional smash and grab. That's the reason why I inducted you right away.

Uthelnathien: See Merrwyn. I included you to see some dynamics between your rp and Merrwyn's, but alas, nothing happened. Sucks for me

Droba, Trurkrag: Already stated something bout you guys.

Azilaph: See Droba, Trurkrag. Once again, Kudos on a well played character.

Yean: I liked your character even though I didn't get to really know him. Not the most skilled bard (like Skiltore), but nevertheless always a good influence.

The multitude of dwarves: Christ I was annoyed by you guys. Especially since most of you rallied behind Azilaph and went against what I stated. But heck, that's the job of a Drillmaster.

Grimbledorf: My choice as my replacement in my opinion. I liked your rp, I liked how you wouldn't suck up to me but agreed with my policies...I just damn well liked you.

Yuvralin: Finally it comes to this. As a Villager, well played. As a Commander, not so well played. whenever you declared war or did some Commanderish proclamation, it usually came down to me to enforce them and to set the rules of battle. I remember speaking to an imm regarding that and he told me to sway you around to being a better commander or something of that sort. Unfortunately, our times didn't match up. There were just wayy too many loopholes in your plans. At times, I thought I fulfilled the post of both Commander and Drillmaster.

Outlanders: Yes, I realize I didn't include you guys in my post. Sorry bout that. I liked most of you, even though I did encounter a lot of gangs. Fortunately for me, I could handle two or so as soon as I went into civilization. Unfortunately, there were many times when it was 3 or 4.

Nreisshe: Mad props. I loved your eery attitude and that I would always have to be prepared for you to come and attack. I'm glad I never died to you. I knew that if I slipped up even for an instant you would come hound me and ultimately kill me.

Krynna: See Nreisshe, except in a less astonishing way. It's still a great compliment since Nreisshe was one of the most badass ranger I've fought against. I enjoyed our talks, especially when we decided to use the war to weed out the weaklings. Good stuff.

Other outlander horde: None others really stuck out; however, there were good times and bad times.

Tribunal: And once again, I didn't include you guys in my farewell post. Tribunals played a huge part in Rektath's life, especially with Spenner and the entire war going around. All in all, not terribly frightening or powerful, but still well played.

Spenner: Somewhat annoying. I didn't really see you as a great threat because once you were maledicted, you didn't hit as much. Once you got to Vindicator, I started getting my ass handed to me. That trib skill HURTS! In any case, congrats on getting the bulette and playing a good character.

Kiamae: Didn't interact a whole lot, but I sensed some good things from you. I especially liked our multitude of times when I would raid and you would defend. Not the most scary character or daring, but still one who I appreciated.

Jeir: See Kiamae.

Empire: There were times when I thought the Empire and the Fortress played in similar ways. I guess it could be considered a good thing by the empire or a bad thing by the Fortress. I didn't agree with the war against the Empire, but I couldn't really do anything about it since I didn't have jurisdiction over the war. And heck no, I don't wanna be seen as a freaking pansy

Kharghurln: Loved our fights! They were probably the best fights one on one throughout Rektath's life (and that includes all those battles with the Village). I especially liked that we appreciated each other's skills and went out of our ways to respect each other. Hope you last a long long time!

Skiltore: Gah! That's all I can say. Truly Rektath's bane. The only character that constantly screwed me over. Heck, the only character I was scared of. Good thing I learned from our fights and started to fight against bards better.

Draktel: A decent character. I can't say much about you since we didn't really interact besides the occasional skirmishes, but I didn't sense the evil impending doom I sensed from Skiltore.

Fortress: As I said, I didn't like the multitude of gangs. Especially since the three leaders of the Fortress and I made a pact to honor parity. Some good fights, some bad fights...all in all, it's a game.

Landren: My favorite fort character by far. I think you did something similar to me when you created your character. That is, to try to guide our respected cabals into fairer fights and not winning by numbers. As I said before, too bad we weren't in the same cabal...we could've done wonders.

Chokiare: I didn't like you much until you offered to fight one on one to honor the Fortress. After that, my mentality was "oh, what a cool thing to do." A successful leader in most part.

Lauraine: See Skiltore about annoying. Multiply by 1000 and we come to you. I hate healers, always have, always will. ***Well PLAYED***

Seonex: Dude, you said that you would nearly always gang me down after TWO battles. And they were both at the mount. Even Zambirro occasionally ganged me down, but after multitude times when I would get the upper hand. Heck, sometimes he would get the upper hand. I didn't like the defeatist attitude of yours. It's something that reflected off probably half or more of the Fortress.

Zambirro: Your legacies screw me over. There was this elf warrior in the fort with similar legacies that just WHOOPED ME. I haven't been beaten that badly since Ysaloerye accidently killed me. I don't know about your rp level, but pk...kudos.

Mezrar: Sorry I didn't get to you. I loved out fights, and besides those two outlander rangers, I thought you were the strongest. I really appreciated it near the end when you decided to fight one on one. Just a good testament to our skills I think. You nearly got me a few times . Well played.

And finally, Scions. I loved fighting each and almost every one of you. I loved the badass attitude you guys had. Good times.

Crulvane: What can I say? You're lightmage. That's enough.

Kruldah: Loved our battles man. It's hard fighting a decked out prepped out fire scion warrior. I think we were mostly similar in skill levels and that the battles could go either way.

Batamon: I didn't detect the evilness from our pk encounters, but you were a good character from RP. Good job.

Anyone else in Scions I'm forgetting: Awesome characters guys!

Ysaloerye: Ahahaha! I loved our banters. Too bad you didn't get more into them. On second thought, good thing you didn't get more into them. Thanks for the title. At first, I was like 'wtf is this? filthy git? GAH!' After a while, I started to like it. It doesn't convey the sense of a hardened drillmaster like Omen of War, but it's still awesome. First leader position, first 3 legacied character, first quest skilled character, and first title. Thanks!

Kastellyn: I knew I should've been your follower instead of Ordasen's! I KNEW IT! I Was gonna apply for a tat soon, but just lost all desire to continue with Rektath. I really liked what you do for the Village and the influence you bring in the game. Thanks!

Ok, just reply and I'll try to get to some people I missed.

Seonex (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 02:01 PM

#52534, "Defeatist attitude?"
In response to Reply #18

I didn't say I would always gang you down, I said IF I fought you, I wouldn't do it alone BECAUSE I had no chance of winning fighting alone. Believe what you like, I couldn't match your maledictive abilities in the first place, and villager powers gave you way too much of an advantage against me past the maledicts. No, those factors aren't the end all. If I really wanted to, I could have killed you eventually, if I caught you with your pants down. BUT, your particular spec/class/cabal combination has every possibility of completely ####ing me over, and I could have maybe killed you one on one if I caught you without resist up, sleeping, wounded, and bashed you down.

To be honest, I could (and probably should) have ganged you down several times in the course of our meetings, but I only did it once because I felt that more would have been gay OOC, even though it went against the RP of my character. If I wanted to do proper Fortress RP, I would have ganged you down repeatedly, full looted you, sacrificed all the evil stuff, gave all the good stuff to my comrades (who I care about more than you, and who were often full looted), and laughed in your face. Good thing for you I didn't? I saw several opportunities (especially with Daelen or some of our pallies) where I could have bashed you down and you couldn't have escaped from the waylay/snare/summon/hamstring/whatever. But I didn't.

I think I showed your character every courtesy, and I was happy that you kind of understood. But I don't think you should make comments about defeatist attitude until you make an arial dagger/polearm spec with nothing but protection from evil and stoneskin, and try to kill villagers one on one with him.

Rektath (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 02:24 PM

#52535, "To be fair, who makes arial dagger/polearm spec with ba..."
In response to Reply #23

If you had striking the shadows footfall, maybe it makes sense...just maybe.

Kruuank (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 03:31 PM

#52539, "What happened to the happy Bliggy I loved :( NT"
In response to Reply #23

NT

Bliggy (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 05:25 PM

#52542, "I got pincered to death. n/t"
In response to Reply #27

n/t

MutteringMadam (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 02:31 PM

#52536, "For FARK's sake...."
In response to Reply #18

Yean was/is female. Damn it man do not be one of those cock jockeys who can not/will not look at a desc and just assumes everyone is male.

Rektath (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 02:35 PM

#52537, "Bleh"
In response to Reply #25

I forgot all the genders. The only one I distinctly remember as female is Eudrallia and Merrwyn. I do look at descs and note the gender, but it's been a while since I interacted with Yean.

Oh, and Ysaloerye. I loved calling her a cow

Draktel (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 04:21 PM

#52540, "Battle Defenders"
In response to Reply #18

You guys honestly are my toughest foes. I can see why Skiltore would scare you more as he honestly could mess you up quite a bit more. Of course many other types of characters wouldn't care as much about a bard. (Skiltore was great, don't get me wrong) However, Everything I could do to you for the most part you could heal yourself of. I did get you to run from me at least once though, and you were beast so I felt good about that.

Great job and good luck with your next.

Chokiare (Guest)Tue 14-Nov-06 09:31 PM

#52552, "You will be missed"
In response to Reply #18

Man I tried everything in my bag of tricks to beat you. COme in hasted the bleeding would tool me, come in prepped and you would just hang around hounding me until the preps fell, I loved our fights and we seemed to have a lot of them for a while, then all our discussions began and we seemed to fight more with words than with knives. You really sem to choreograph(sp?) your fights well, and seemed to know just which abilities to use at any given time to sway the fight your way. Hope you return soon.

A2Wed 15-Nov-06 02:15 PM
371 posts
#52563, "I definately enjoyed your character"
In response to Reply #18

Landren didn't like you, but he respected you. I the player was jealous I couldn't just crack a whip, lay out how I wanted #### to run, and then take someone to a fort version of the circle if they weren't living up to it. By the way, I never got a sense of "newer player" from you, just the vibe of a hardass proud duergar rager, so good job in my opinion.

I also got the same kind of burn out you did. It'll be a bit before I'm back around as well.

Grimbledorf (Guest)Wed 28-Feb-07 02:39 PM

#55647, "RE: Farewell Addendum"
In response to Reply #18

Ah hells. You'll probably never get this. I haven't used this forum since I started Grimbledorf. I've had several village characters, mostly all my characters, and I've interacted with several, and been several, drillmasters, veterans, captains, generals, and commanders, and your one I liked the most in terms of both RP, attitude, and fighting. Sorry this was so late, again I'm very busy and I can't even get into the realms nearly as often as I'd like but I thought I'd write you this in case you ever check it again. One helluva job, come on back ter the war mate.
Har. Grimble.

Itholin (Guest)Mon 13-Nov-06 08:04 PM

#52510, "RE: Farewells."
In response to Reply #4

You were really tough.
You would have gotten me from bleeding if it hadnt been for Laruaine that one time in the fortress.
That battle was chaotic and not in your favor because of the healer. You fought that very well.
I am still supprised you got out of there alive.
I'm pretty sure you escaped atleast...

I can hardly remember our other battles.
I'm assuming that is because the other ones I probably died almost instantly.
Ragers tend to have very good luck with finding me unprepped.
Or maybe that it only looks like I'm unprepped because of how hard they are hitting me.

Anyway, well done and farewell.

A2Sat 03-Mar-07 12:19 PM
371 posts
#55721, "RE: Farewells."
In response to Reply #4

Awsome second character. I always felt guilty about the fort and the #### they would pull. I meant what I said in our talks, if I could lead the same way you were able to, I would have. Unfortunately there really isn't a circle for the fort and the majority don't have the sack to at least make some kind of attempt to step it up. You were an awsome enemy. Cf would be lucky to have you back.

Trurkrag (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 09:57 AM

#52388, "Hate to see this."
In response to Reply #0

Great drillmaster. Solid solid rp and skilled killing. You are already being missed.

Trurkrag the Now Todger-Laden.

Rektath (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 03:20 PM

#52393, "RE: Hate to see this."
In response to Reply #3

Thanks man! I was good to travel with you. Didn't initially like you, but after a certain imm asked me to induct you, I kept a close eye out for you. I'm glad he asked me to do that.

Dhaezym (Guest)Sat 11-Nov-06 09:59 PM

#52375, "I've seen berserkers with less guts than you."
In response to Reply #0

All in all, impressive.

The fact that you attacked our Hell group that time outside of Hamsah (and probably would have had at least one kill if not for me) just left my jaw on the ground and made me want to roll a villager.

Kudos for playing a damn fine character.

Rektath (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 03:21 PM

#52394, "RE: I've seen berserkers with less guts than you."
In response to Reply #2

Yea, that was when I was getting especially bored with Rektath so I went on a suicidal rampage. Or so I thought.

Healers and bards will always be my bane. You played yours very well.

Lightmaged (Guest)Sat 11-Nov-06 08:04 PM

#52371, "Enjoyable char."
In response to Reply #0

Our fights were great. The bloodsharing duels with Crulvane, the Deeag ones. The duel for information. Ha. I liked this bastard villager in every encounter. Tough, persistant. Made the game fun for everyone around.

Take care bro.

Rektath (Guest)Sun 12-Nov-06 03:22 PM

#52395, "RE: Enjoyable char."
In response to Reply #1

What can I say? You're probably my favorite person to play with in the game. Quality characters after quality characters just seem to stream out from you. No matter if I play as your enemy or your ally, I always find myself having a blast.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #52369 Previous topic | Next topic