Subject: "Krolthan is gone." Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47683
Show all folders

AiekoosoFri 21-Apr-06 09:45 PM
Member since 18th Dec 2003
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47683, "Krolthan is gone."

It just wasn't any fun being the lone dude around fighting a ####load of goodies. I was rather irritated that I made a real effort with this guy to return almost every bit of gear from a corpse. Then when I died in a 5 on 2 almost my whole set was taken. I'd understand if I ganged you all or was just an asshole in general, but I didn't feel that was the case. Anyway I'm gone for awhile until the bug hits me again.

Grurk- Thanks for the egg hunt it was a lot of fun.

Eshval- I really hate your character. I've dealt with you 3 to 4 times now and I have yet to figure you out. This character was designed to follow Muuloc as I'm sure you guessed, but I didn't know that. When you revealed yourself to me it seemed logical that I should go your path. Dealing with you is like dealing with an evil version of Innis.

The reason I played a shifter this time around was because of the minimal time involved. Shifters have really been downgraded since the old days. I hated the 2 round lag after the intial attack. I hated how bad warrior could mess up your abilities and there was no way to counter it. Shifters are definately the high risk, low reward class of cf.

If anyone wants a log posted or me to respond to a question just ask.

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply Yeah. Gotta echo you about the shifter part., Ulzammon (Guest), 24-Apr-06 12:17 AM, #13
Reply RE: Yeah. Gotta echo you about the shifter part., Aiekooso, 24-Apr-06 12:27 AM, #14
     Reply Sadly, the gear I had was all I knew how to get on my o..., Ulzammon (Guest), 24-Apr-06 03:25 AM, #15
          Reply RE: Sadly, the gear I had was all I knew how to get on ..., Aiekooso, 24-Apr-06 07:41 AM, #16
Reply RE: Krolthan is gone., Eshval, 22-Apr-06 11:48 PM, #10
Reply RE: Krolthan is gone., Aiekooso, 23-Apr-06 12:10 PM, #11
     Reply RE: Krolthan is gone., Eshval, 23-Apr-06 10:05 PM, #12
Reply I call ####, Furoll (Guest), 22-Apr-06 06:55 AM, #4
Reply RE: I call ####, Aiekooso, 22-Apr-06 07:30 AM, #5
Reply Uhm, a question, Cenatarish (Guest), 22-Apr-06 07:40 AM, #7
Reply OMG he ranked with outlanders. BURN HIM AT THE STAKES!!..., DC (Guest), 22-Apr-06 10:20 PM, #8
     Reply RE: OMG he ranked with outlanders. BURN HIM AT THE STAK..., Aiekooso, 22-Apr-06 10:26 PM, #9
Reply The little I saw was fun, Anordes (Guest), 22-Apr-06 02:31 AM, #3
Reply RE: The little I saw was fun, Aiekooso, 22-Apr-06 07:31 AM, #6
Reply Good fights., BigJ, 21-Apr-06 11:02 PM, #1
     Reply RE: Good fights., Aiekooso, 21-Apr-06 11:05 PM, #2

Ulzammon (Guest)Mon 24-Apr-06 12:17 AM

#47732, "Yeah. Gotta echo you about the shifter part."
In response to Reply #0

I would just get pimped by any warrior that could land any maledicting attack.

You were a knowledgable farker, had fun travelling with you. It really sucked never being able to be on without a #### load of enemies.

Ah well, good luck with next.

AiekoosoMon 24-Apr-06 12:27 AM
305 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47733, "RE: Yeah. Gotta echo you about the shifter part."
In response to Reply #13

Knowledge is actually my downfall. I explored all of the Scion stuff with my last character, so it wasn't much fun going around looking at the same old things. Everything I was to explore in cf at this point, can't be done alone. Every now and then I'll look over old areas just to see what changes have been made. I understood your frustration, but you really should have taken the time to gear a little.

Ulzammon (Guest)Mon 24-Apr-06 03:25 AM

#47734, "Sadly, the gear I had was all I knew how to get on my o..."
In response to Reply #14

All the good stuff required wands/group and some such, and since I was constantly fighting, I burned through wands rather quickly (though they mostly got looted).

AiekoosoMon 24-Apr-06 07:16 AM
305 posts
#47735, "RE: Sadly, the gear I had was all I knew how to get on ..."
In response to Reply #15
Edited on Mon 24-Apr-06 07:41 AM

2 symbols of talshidar from the priest, snow worm leggings and armguards, black mitre helmet, pitch black rings, skin of snow leopard or pelt of winter wolf, ornate belt of gold, black breastplate will do for chest, topaz bracelets, firewalker are usually in for boots (get them last), hands I usually used blakc inscribed gloves for a little extra mana. Hope that helps you out if you ever do another shifter. The key thing about wands is to look for them when you have them. I tried to keep at least two sets on me at all time. Then when I had time I looked for a third. The problem these days is some forms just can't compete without wands.

EshvalSat 22-Apr-06 11:48 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
#47717, "RE: Krolthan is gone."
In response to Reply #0

I really hate your character. I've dealt with you 3 to 4 times now and I have yet to figure you out.

I take this as a compliment.
Eshval, as the help file indicates is not sane, so any dealing with her is likely to end oddly. I found your character interesting and worthy of note, and I feel it is unfortunate you had a bad experience in being looted. Scion is often underrepresented and in many cases is the underdog. When there are a couple of Scions in evidence, their presence is felt...when there is enough for a group, there will be deaths.

Good luck with whatever comes next.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

AiekoosoSun 23-Apr-06 12:10 PM
305 posts
#47725, "RE: Krolthan is gone."
In response to Reply #10

The only reason I disagree with Scion is there just can't be enough members. I can raid for an item, but what is the point when there are 3-5 lowbies from the opposing cabal to get the item back. I'm sure since you watched me that you noticed a good 50% of my time was spent regathering the Scepter. I also imposed my own limitation by deciding I should try and keep to myself. My idea of "art" was that it was something that should be created by you alone.

EshvalSun 23-Apr-06 10:05 PM
Member since 22nd Aug 2004
519 posts
#47731, "RE: Krolthan is gone."
In response to Reply #11

The lowbie retrieval issue has always been a pain, though not just for Scion. I have had my time in all the cabals, and I have been part of lowbie retrievals and suffered the same against me when I was hero-level. Scion has an advantage that we often encourage the Fold to exploit...lackeys.

There are many folks waiting for an interview in Scion (as well as other cabals) who have sent notes asking for interviews. The best thing a Scion can do, is to use those who await their chance. If they do not come when called, they get removed from any chance of entrance. A cunning Scion will allow these folks to die in their stead...a less wise Scion will risk their own life.

I always keep my eyes and ears open for those applicants who are willing to aid in defense and retrievals. Mostly what we get are little more than a note expressing interest.

As far as your 'art'...all art is subjective. If you wish to create alone, that is fine. Here is a secret...folks who seek me are often limited by their imagination or they will express their concept of 'art' through long descriptions of the improbable. A read of Eshva;'s help file would be a good idea.

Eshval's email
BlackMarquessa@gmail.com

Eshval's slightly off-center (unofficial) blog.
http://blackmarquessa.blogspot.com/
Carnivàle
http://cirquecarnivale.wordpress.com/

Furoll (Guest)Sat 22-Apr-06 06:55 AM

#47694, "I call ####"
In response to Reply #0

You said I attacked you pre-title without reason.

Now that I know who you are,
if you are Ranking with Outlanders, Like you were
when I found you in Thar-Acacia, I will attack you,
like I did. I also died in that fight and was
looted.

#highlight Krolthan Orange

You aided a criminal against me, and looted.

More than enough reason for Furoll to attack you.

But thanks for adding to the speculations and 2cent
throw ins people like to put on my deathposts that
have nothing to back them.

AiekoosoSat 22-Apr-06 07:30 AM
305 posts
#47699, "RE: I call ####"
In response to Reply #4

You and someone attacked the three of us. Then you died and received all of your gear back, except for what 3 pieces? After that you just tried to get cheap kills on me, but would get your ass kicked and run off. Come on man, when you have 20 people telling you that you were a screwup you may want to take a step back.

Cenatarish (Guest)Sat 22-Apr-06 07:40 AM

#47701, "Uhm, a question"
In response to Reply #4

Don't you see this as evil behaviour? I know you will never admit anything. Let me give you an example:

A goodie is wanted and is ranking. You attack the wanted and of course his nice groupmate that has never broken the law aids him. You now find it correct to forever hunt that groupmate, even if he has never broken the law or anything? That is evil behaviour, not a neutral wise gnome.

I don't know the whole backstory about you or why people hate you. Or well, I forgot it. But take a step back and see if tons of very good veterans and imms say that you are not doing what you should, perhaps learn from that instead of getting hostile?

DC (Guest)Sat 22-Apr-06 10:20 PM

#47715, "OMG he ranked with outlanders. BURN HIM AT THE STAKES!!..."
In response to Reply #4

You're silly.

AiekoosoSat 22-Apr-06 10:26 PM
305 posts
#47716, "RE: OMG he ranked with outlanders. BURN HIM AT THE STAK..."
In response to Reply #8

I'll be the first to admit that once I hit hero range I ranked with anything I could find.

Anordes (Guest)Sat 22-Apr-06 02:31 AM

#47692, "The little I saw was fun"
In response to Reply #0

I only saw you a few times, but you were definitely very sneaky, and mobile with those forms. Short of camping our outer, I couldn't keep you from retrieving whenever the heck you wanted to. Shifter vs Invoker doesn't make for many electrifying battles though.

AiekoosoSat 22-Apr-06 07:31 AM
305 posts
#47700, "RE: The little I saw was fun"
In response to Reply #3

The last time we fought I thought I was going to kill you. The downside to that was that barrier was falling on the hour and I had 200 hps or so. I knew that if it fell I was the one biting the dust.

BigJFri 21-Apr-06 11:02 PM
Member since 03rd Aug 2004
14 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#47688, "Good fights."
In response to Reply #0

We always had good fights, either you would whittle me down or I would luck out and send you packing. I think once I vanished from your Tiger pouncing at like literally 2hp. The detect hidden form along with the Tiger seemed to work out alright, good luck next time you show up in the fields.

Akiran

AiekoosoFri 21-Apr-06 11:05 PM
305 posts
#47689, "RE: Good fights."
In response to Reply #1

It was alright. In all honesty I'd have preferred ram or lion. Tiger doesn't do much as as damage. The way I usually got my kills was I'd attack someone and let them beat me down. Run off heal and wand up then come back and whoop on them. They'd stay the second time around because of the easy first fight. The lag associated with shifter attacks kinda limited the fun I could of had with that combo.

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #47683 Previous topic | Next topic