Subject: "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Iufraseu the Spectre" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36354
Show all folders

Death_AngelMon 28-Mar-05 02:24 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36354, "(AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Iufraseu the Spectre"

Mon Mar 28 01:24:06 2005

At 8 o'clock AM, Day of Deception, 23rd of the Month of Winter
on the Theran calendar Iufraseu perished, never to return.

Race:human
Class:necromancer
Level:47
Alignment:Evil
Ethos:Orderly
Cabal:TRIBUNAL, the Blood Tribunal
Hours:103

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Iufraseu the Spectre, Questioner (Guest), 28-Mar-05 03:36 PM, #2
Reply Age Death, nepenthe, 28-Mar-05 03:41 PM, #3
     Reply RE: Age Death, Rade. (Guest), 28-Mar-05 04:19 PM, #4
          Reply A couple come to mind. Also, a shame Iufraseu, Noelani (Guest), 28-Mar-05 04:36 PM, #5
          Reply RE: A couple come to mind. Also, a shame Iufraseu, Rade. (Guest), 28-Mar-05 04:50 PM, #6
               Reply I figured. Just didn't want to write to seperate..., Noelani (Guest), 28-Mar-05 06:00 PM, #7
          Reply RE: Vampires, Coolo (Guest), 28-Mar-05 06:07 PM, #8
          Reply to me, that looks like minimal time, incognito, 28-Mar-05 06:07 PM, #9
               Reply RE: to me, that looks like minimal time, Valkenar, 28-Mar-05 06:30 PM, #10
               Reply and yet, incognito, 28-Mar-05 06:34 PM, #11
               Reply Some exceptions to the latter clearly exist, incognito, 28-Mar-05 06:35 PM, #12
               Reply I dont agree, Huegyn (Guest), 28-Mar-05 06:53 PM, #13
               Reply Since I am the topic here I will chime in., Iufraseu (Guest), 28-Mar-05 08:27 PM, #14
                    Reply I was in the same position, incognito, 29-Mar-05 03:15 AM, #15
                         Reply First of all,, Tolchec (Guest), 29-Mar-05 04:00 AM, #16
                         Reply In which our opinions differ., Iufraseu (Guest), 29-Mar-05 04:07 AM, #17
                              Reply I like that suggestion at the end, incognito, 29-Mar-05 05:59 AM, #18
Reply Too bad, Onirakoth, 28-Mar-05 12:30 PM, #1

Questioner (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 03:36 PM

#36403, "RE: (AGE DEATH) [TRIBUNAL] Iufraseu the Spectre"
In response to Reply #0

How do you age death at 33 with only 103 hours?

nepentheMon 28-Mar-05 03:41 PM
Member since 04th Mar 2003
3430 posts
Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36404, "Age Death"
In response to Reply #2

I can think of a small handful of ways to achieve this.

In this case, given the level/class of the character, I'm guessing he attempted the Becoming and failed.

Rade. (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 04:19 PM

#36405, "RE: Age Death"
In response to Reply #3

Without going into much detail, is the probability of a successful becoming determined by the immortal in charge of the particular becoming quest?

It just seems harsh that someone is going to put in over a hundred hours to a character and if the imm over-seeing them doesn't like them then you basically get denied.

If the imm-in-charge has a significant effect on it, it seems kind of #### to put someone through the quest only to deny them. On the other hand, it also seems ####ty that the immortal would really want you to succeed and then you get denied by the RNG.

While I'm here, has there been a mummy/vampire yet? I've seen a few lichs, but I'm not sure about mummy/vampire. If there's been any within the last year, could you name them? I'd like to buy their pbfs, or look up logs.

Noelani (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 04:36 PM

#36407, "A couple come to mind. Also, a shame Iufraseu"
In response to Reply #4

Lothorectred and Corilanth(sp?)

Anyways, I know that Onirakoth had made some hints to me that he would've liked to see you get the mummy or something even more. I enjoyed helping you those couple times I was given the opportunity. You seemed well played. Would have been nice to hear about a mummy being in the Spire (even though I think there was one previously?...maybe?) Good luck with whatever comes next.

Rade. (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 04:50 PM

#36408, "RE: A couple come to mind. Also, a shame Iufraseu"
In response to Reply #5

As much as I'd like to take credit, I didn't play this character.

Noelani (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 06:00 PM

#36412, "I figured. Just didn't want to write to seperate..."
In response to Reply #6

notes. Guess I didn't avoid that afterall :-P

Coolo (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 06:07 PM

#36413, "RE: Vampires"
In response to Reply #4

Are Vampires just going to be another CF Myth for years to come, like the old "who minotaur" that tortured us for years? Will we see blood-sucking fiends roaming in the wee hours of Thera? Will there BE an impending apocalypse of bloody mayhem at the hands of the toothy undead?! NEP, HELP ME!!

incognitoMon 28-Mar-05 06:07 PM
4495 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36414, "to me, that looks like minimal time"
In response to Reply #4

Looks like he ranked up, got his ingredients (maybe rng killed him, maybe they were wrong) and he died.

Doesn't look like a whole lot of time was spent sitting on duty etc.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing hours played affect the chances of the mummification in an automated fashion, and not just when the imms tweak it.

ValkenarMon 28-Mar-05 06:30 PM
1203 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#36415, "RE: to me, that looks like minimal time"
In response to Reply #9

>Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing hours played affect the
>chances of the mummification in an automated fashion, and not
>just when the imms tweak it.

I couldn't disagree more. 103 is a lot of time. That's about three and a half months playing an hour a day. How long should someone have to wait before getting their quest? 6 months? A year?

Besides, roleplay and fast ranking are not mutually exclusive. You can roleplay while ranking just fine, and it's entirely conceivable that he took 50 hours to reach spectre, and then spent the other 53 hours roleplaying/pking. How many hours of sitting at spectre do you think a person needs to put in? 100? 200?

I don't know the first thing about Iufresau or whatever his name was,he could be stellar or abysmal, I have no idea. But I hate to see people talking about giant chunks of time like they're insignificant. Not everybody can spend hours playing every day.

incognitoMon 28-Mar-05 06:34 PM
4495 posts
#36417, "and yet"
In response to Reply #10

He has almost certainly played for years.

Why is it so bad to take 6 months to mummy if you play an hour a day or something? Why should it be possible in two months? Do you believe that someone that plays 10 hours a day should be able to do it in 10 days? I don't.

He might well be a good player, and a great rp'er. However, I think that those keen on rp tend to be willing to play chars for longer.

incognitoMon 28-Mar-05 06:35 PM
4495 posts
#36418, "Some exceptions to the latter clearly exist"
In response to Reply #11

I'd give Larcat as an example, who has great roles and rp but never heroes because he always moves on to the next one.

Huegyn (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 06:53 PM

#36419, "I dont agree"
In response to Reply #10

With this character, getting in outlander I wasnt even inducted until well after 100 hours.

Generally, the 100 hour mark is where IMHO a character
just begins being a concrete impact in the game. Things begin
to start, past the Tellsomeone Care to travel phase, and you are actually living a character.

I know very little of the necromancer class, however I think
attempting a becoming at 100hrs is absurd.

Hell I get two weeks out of work, and put 156 hours in a month's time. And my characters impact within my cabal/social ic network,
was minimal, at best.

Iufraseu (Guest)Mon 28-Mar-05 08:27 PM

#36428, "Since I am the topic here I will chime in."
In response to Reply #9

I look at it this way. I spent over 300 hours waiting on a lich quest once before, and in my opinion since that was my goal it was a waste. This time I ranked incrediably fast, and I spent a lot of those hours on duty. I am betting only about 25 of those hours AT MOST were spent ranking. For example, I went from 34-47 in about a 6 hour period. Once I got off my ass, I gathered my items fairly quickly.

Now, having gone thru the pain of never getting a quest before I chose to not "waste" so much of my time should I fail. That is exactly what happened, I didn't waste as much time. I really doubt more hours would have affected the outcome all that much. Sure they might have given me like 10% more or something, but to me 200 hours sitting at spectre isn't something I want to do. Especially for a measly 10%.

I can't disagree more with hours affecting your chances unless it was a significant boost.

incognitoTue 29-Mar-05 03:15 AM
4495 posts
#36451, "I was in the same position"
In response to Reply #14

I played Baendra, who the RNG killed during the transformation. I then rolled up Zkatholef, powered to spectre, got the quest, started looking for items, found the last one and deleted.

I think I can safely say that Baendra was a char that was very much about rp, whilst Zkatholef was a char that was very much about "I want to test the mummy powers so I'm going to power rank and power quest". Not nearly as deserving of the becoming, imho.

There are a number of mechanics reasons that I think short term becomings are bad too. For example, you can wait to see which cabal has the kinds of classes you are going to need to help you with your goal, then roll a necro, and be fairly certain they'll be around. That is, of course, sometimes affected by the hours you put in per hour of real life, but not always.

To summarise, I think that people whose goal is to become as fast sa they can will probably not be into their rp as much as the mechanical issues. I'd rather see characters prove themselves a little first (at the very least giving imms more time to judge them).

Tolchec (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 04:00 AM

#36452, "First of all,"
In response to Reply #15

I personally think that a necromancer should be able to rank to 51 without any transformation. And from their choose what path he wants to take, if any.

I had fun running around when we went for your quest. I feel for you though, would have been nice to have a living, breathing, intellegent summoner in the spire. Would make my job easier. Anyway, good luck on your next.

-Tolchec-

Iufraseu (Guest)Tue 29-Mar-05 04:07 AM

#36453, "In which our opinions differ."
In response to Reply #15

I don't think one was "less deserving" than the other. I power ranked yes, but I don't necessarily think I was more undeserving than say another. I was pretty lazy about putting in a role, truth be told I had the last part I put in written in the 30's, but I ranked so fast and went on my item search that it didn't get put in until maybe a day or so before I attempted my becoming. I don't think this char was stellar in rp (at least not yet), but I thought he was solid. He didn't have a special esay, or an accent he was just a normal human that wasn't necessarily outwardly evil. He was made to evolve as time went on, particularily after the mummification. If I put all these hooks and things in before I mummied, I wouldn't have had anywhere to go after.

The only goal I had with this char was to become. I didn't want to be a cabal leader or anything like that. I even had an role part about why he wanted the mummification rather than trying to lich. I am rambling now, but one thing I do want to add is I think a change would be in order.

Mummies are weak compared to liches, I would like to see their success rate much higher. I think a system where the base success rate is 50%, then for each 100 hours afterward you are given 10% more so that by the time you reach 400 hours (nearing the limit of a humans life) you have a 90% chance. It would never reach 100%, and it would not make living that many hours as a spectre a waste. As it is now, you can spend 300 hours as a spectre and the imms might give you a little bonus that most likely will not make a difference.

This is all just my opinion of course.

incognitoTue 29-Mar-05 05:59 AM
4495 posts
#36459, "I like that suggestion at the end"
In response to Reply #17

base 50% at 100 hours, climbing to base 90% at 400 hours seems both balanced and in line with the "mastery needed" to become and the fact that many magi "wait until old age" to attempt it.

OnirakothMon 28-Mar-05 12:30 PM
Member since 31st Jan 2005
44 posts
#36384, "Too bad"
In response to Reply #0

I was really looking forward to having a mummy in the ranks.

-O-

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #36354 Previous topic | Next topic