Subject: "(DELETED) [HERALD] Thigodus Yil-Hoaun the Shinan" Previous topic | Next topic
Printer-friendly copy Email this topic to a friend CF Website
Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29259
Show all folders

Death_AngelSat 17-Jul-04 09:46 AM
Member since 26th Sep 2024
17185 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29259, "(DELETED) [HERALD] Thigodus Yil-Hoaun the Shinan"

Sun Jul 11 16:13:09 2004

At 3 o'clock AM, Day of the Moon, 7th of the Month of the Spring
on the Theran calendar Thigodus perished, never to return.

Race:half-elf
Class:assassin
Level:47
Alignment:Good
Ethos:Chaotic
Cabal:HERALD, the Heralds of the Eternal Star
Hours:136

Alert | IP Printer Friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Reply HI HO!, Thigodus (Guest), 18-Jul-04 03:40 PM, #4
Reply Okay..., Splntrd, 18-Jul-04 03:59 PM, #5
Reply RE: HI HO!, Shazirah, 18-Jul-04 04:22 PM, #6
Reply One more Hi Ho and all that, and you die horribly!, soucivi, 18-Jul-04 04:45 PM, #7
Reply RE: HI HO!, Esfergref (Guest), 18-Jul-04 05:09 PM, #8
Reply RE: HI HO!, Istirith (Guest), 19-Jul-04 05:37 AM, #9
Reply RE: HI HO!, Cadothu_ (Guest), 19-Jul-04 08:58 AM, #10
Reply RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Thigodus Yil-Hoaun the Shinan, Cadothu_ (Guest), 18-Jul-04 12:19 AM, #1
     Reply Seconded! (n/t), Splntrd, 18-Jul-04 12:26 AM, #2
     Reply Don't worry, Fungo (Guest), 18-Jul-04 03:06 PM, #3

Thigodus (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 03:40 PM

#29339, "HI HO!"
In response to Reply #0

Er..yeah. At the request of Esfergref, the great Highest of Heralds and Ex-King of Rodents and Bees, I'm posting a farewell note.

An explanation: Basically, I had some fun things in mind, some things I thought would be fun for both Thigodus and the Inn as a whole, but it was made very clear to me that those views were not shared. After some thought, I decided I'd just move on to another character that I had been kicking around in my head instead of keep on with something that I had already been told wasn't going to happen. So I deleted. I felt bad about it because Thigodus had made some good friends along the way and I felt bad about leaving them behind, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes.

Matthen: I already told you that you were Thigodus's best friend. Thanks for being so cool to interact with.

Cadothu: Thigodus's second best friend. You rock! Too bad you found out that I always marked you when I saw you, that was fun. I really, really, really like your character. Keep up the good work man, you are a lot of fun.

Esfergref: I told you that you'd get High Herald! Why didn't you let me twist some bard's arm and put out a note to campaign for you, like I wanted? Bastard! Heh, you are just tons of fun. I hope all continues to go well with you and with Herald. Oh yeah, did I ever tell you that I knew you'd get High Herald from the first time I talked to you? You were *that* cool to me.

Naloueme: Cool character, thanks for the chats and thanks for letting me pick on you and your husband.

Soucivi: Very cool Imm. I can't tell you how much it means to a mortal for someone like you to just take some time out and come down to the Inn and interact for a little while. Thanks for doing it so much, you rule!

Qaledus: Your visits to the Inn were very enjoyable. I'll never forget betting with you about who would win brawls, that was really cool. Oh yeah, and that store you put together ROCKS! I already bought some stuff, thanks for all that you do for CF. It is appreciated more then you can imagine.

Kikiani: Bah! I liked your character tons! I found myself looking forward to you just logging on. I even wrote stories about you! Anyways, sorry that I couldn't stick around for your contest, I already had some pretty fun stories written, but the time came to delete, so I did. Sorry again, you were a lot of fun.

Fungor: I guess you win by default, huh? A serious bit of advice to you, though: Write your stories out before you log on to give them. I'm not sure if you do that or not, but they seem to take a long time. They are not bad, they just take a lot of time. Keep up the good work!

Egan: Doh! I feel bad now for calling you a zombie so much after reading what you posted in Naloueme's goodbye post. Sorry.

Arvam: You rock. I've said it before and I'll proudly say it again, you are one of the coolest and funnest Imms around. The Heraldites long for your tendor loving care and attention. Thanks for all the love you give to them. Oh yeah and secrets are real fun!

An Immortal (I'm guessing was Shaz): Uh...sorry to have upset you so much. Thanks for not smiting me I probably deserved it. Anyways, I can tell we were both pretty upset about the whole "situation" and I'm sorry for making you so upset. If I could say one thing looking back on the situation it would be this: Maybe not reacting right away is the way to go sometimes. If someone is doing something that you are unsure about, sometimes it is cool give them a little bit of rope and see what they do with it instead of just stomping your foot down and saying "NO!" Other then that, keep up the good work, the Inn is in good hands.

Hentogi: Why aren't you a Herald again? You were a lot of fun. For awhile there it seemed like we only needed a warm body to rank and rank we did. Anyways, keep up the fun.

I know I'm probably leaving more then a few people out, sorry.

To all those people that I see turn up here and say that they've never interacted with any Heralds, you are all LIARS! Thigodus interacted with each and every one of you at one time or another.

SplntrdSun 18-Jul-04 03:58 PM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29340, "Okay..."
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sun 18-Jul-04 03:59 PM

Thiggo, you gotta explain to me a couple things... you know which ones. If not, I'll explain. feel free to drop me a line at splntrd@hotmail.com .

Anyway, as far as the charrie goes, I dedicated more than a paragraph to you in my good-bye, so the only thing left to be said is good luck with your next! We love you Thiggo!
Matthen, yep.

Splntrd

ShazirahSun 18-Jul-04 04:22 PM
Member since 26th Aug 2003
71 posts
Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29344, "RE: HI HO!"
In response to Reply #4

I really liked this character a lot at first, but it seemed like you became more and more obsessed with hunting people, and less participatory in life as a Herald. I wasn't really very upset, I was just trying to make sure you maintained a balance without basically becoming a Maran in Herald's clothing. Heralds getting way too involved in cabal wars happens often, and after a while it gets tiring to deal with. I understood where you were coming from, but every cabal has parameters it works in. It's still a shame you deleted though, because I had high hopes for the character. Drop me a line at shazirah@carrionfields.com if you want to discuss this or the last note you wrote.

-Shaz!

souciviSun 18-Jul-04 04:39 PM
Member since 03rd Feb 2004
16 posts
Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author Click to add this author to your buddy list
#29349, "One more Hi Ho and all that, and you die horribly!"
In response to Reply #4
Edited on Sun 18-Jul-04 04:45 PM

Well, here I am answering my own thread because this infernal machine hates me.

Anyway Thiggy -
Listening to the conversations between Heralds often left me in a stupor of shaking my head in bewilderment or laughing. In either case, little sanity remains when listening to a gathering of Heralds.

Your rp was solid and it brought out the best in others. I really enjoyed your Imperial love affair. Well, you can't please them all, but you were fun to watch and I often wondered what was next.

Hi Ho and all that.

Soucivi Daneloth
soucivi@carrionfields.com

Esfergref (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 05:09 PM

#29350, "RE: HI HO!"
In response to Reply #4

Obligatory yelling at you for deleting: YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

And with that out of the way, you still suck! I loved Thigodus, and it sucked(I'm using this word far too much) that our times didn't mesh well at the end there so we didn't get to chat much. I was looking forward to you heroing, but well, obviously that isn't going to happen.... unless my evil plan works.

Sorry the herald lifestyle didn't pan out for you, I'd known about Thigodus defending and raiding ting too (the high herald knows everything) and I wasn't looking forward to to having to talk to you...but well, you and shaz solved that for me! Solved it poorly...though =P

Good luck with your next, and I knew how you felt. Sometimes you just want to go out and break certain people's wrists... So uh...yeah!

Istirith (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 05:37 AM

#29367, "RE: HI HO!"
In response to Reply #4

Fine then don't mention me! Nah seriously, it was a laugh. I just have mental images of you throttling a four leaf clover (what was the significance in that incidentally, I always wondered?)

Hope it was as fun interacting with me as I found interacting with you. Good luck with the next.

Cadothu_ (Guest)Mon 19-Jul-04 08:58 AM

#29378, "RE: HI HO!"
In response to Reply #4

Damn! Thanks for the compliments, I didnt think I was all that great. I definately had loads of fun with you and Matty while learning and just in general. I did have one question that I wanted to ask you IC before you went, but damn that I never got that chance. Now I'll have to sit and suffer until I die to ask you. Oh well, I hope that whatever idea you had going for your next is more successfull than whatever the hell happened with you IC here, as I'm still not sure what happened or why you deleted.

See you around, big guy.
Cado

Cadothu_ (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 12:19 AM

#29318, "RE: (DELETED) [HERALD] Thigodus Yil-Hoaun the Shinan"
In response to Reply #0

Explain yourself, buddy... You and Matty deleting? I'm all alone!! Aahhhh!

SplntrdSun 18-Jul-04 12:26 AM
Member since 08th Feb 2004
1096 posts
#29321, "Seconded! (n/t)"
In response to Reply #1

dotdotdot. You can make friends with that new Kazal guy, I guess. Or that other applicant, the Shim. Heh. You thought this was empty, didn't you? Har.

Splntrd

Fungo (Guest)Sun 18-Jul-04 03:06 PM

#29336, "Don't worry"
In response to Reply #1

You forget that Fungor still lives, so you are not entirely alone. Or maybe Fungor is the boring Herald . But anyway, I agree that young Thiggy needs to explain his early passing. Say goodbyes Thiggy and don't Forget Fungor ;D.

-Fungor

Top General Discussions The Battlefield Topic #29259 Previous topic | Next topic